Let's talk about Wireless Charging

1. Loumier
    Eclair Nov 8, 2017

Loumier , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I agree with Pete. Dash Charge is a really amazing feature and superior than any other fast charging technology in the market. Why would I use a slow like a turtle charging technology instead the Dash Charge? I never would buy a phone just because it has wireless charging. Instead, I'd prefer a phone with IP 67 or IR Blaster for using the phone as an universal remote control. Please, OnePlus, focus on bigger batteries instead wireless charging.

2. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

OnePlusFan1919 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Samsung obviously did it wrong. I never had to fumble with my Microsoft phones on the wireless charging pad. It just....worked.

3. Rsdokc
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

Rsdokc , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Personally I like metal frame phones like the 1+5. Much more durable and solid than all the new glass back phones that easily shatter. Wireless charging I don't think works with metal design so I'll take metal over wireless charging.

4. smoki3
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

smoki3 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I am using an S8 actually. And I have to say wireless charging is bull sh*t. the s8 using fast wireless charging but it is really really slow. And as Pete already said, you cant pickup your phone while charging. I feel it is really uncomfortable. I hope they will keep the aluminum body. Dash charge is the fastest charger I have ever used.

otto2 likes this.
  5. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

Glass is not required for wireless charging. You can wireless charge through metal, glass, plastic, silicon, and leather to name a few. Metal may not be the best solution, but it still works.

6. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 8, 2017

sfomin , Nov 8, 2017 :
    dont blame samsung for incompetence of that user. [​IMG]

7. joecastellon
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

joecastellon , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I've used wireless charging before and I agree it's a lot more inconvenient than it is convenient. The phone needs to be perfectly aligned and it can become a chore trying to get it right on the first try.

To all the fanboys here, I seriously doubt the OnePlus 6 will have wireless charging. This is not the message Pete has written After stating the inconveniences, it is very unlikely they will EVER add wireless charging, unless the technology matures enough to rid of the inconveniences.

inkaine likes this.
  8. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

Well I can only assume because I've never owned one. OP 5 is the first Android phone for me. I've been on the Windows Phone train for 10+ years. And I've never had to align my phone perfectly to get it to wireless charge. Heck, they had a pillow you threw your phone on!!! You can't tell me, that I had to perfectly align that!

sfomin likes this.
  9. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Nov 8, 2017

malidan, armmani2001 and sfomin like this.
  10. exxxtasy
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

exxxtasy , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I know how to place a phone on a wireless charger !
    So dont talk such a grap !

11. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 8, 2017

sfomin , Nov 8, 2017 :
    been using wireless charging for the last 3 years and never had that problem. neither did my wife...

malidan and ilovesoneplus like this.
  12. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 8, 2017

sfomin , Nov 8, 2017 :
    well obviously you dont! [​IMG] otherwise you would not have such issues [​IMG]

malidan and ilovesoneplus like this.
  13. Saurav Pillai
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2017

Joedbarry and armmani2001 like this.
  14. armmani2001
    KitKat Nov 8, 2017

armmani2001 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Same here, such a shame, as Pixel XL has the best camera on any phone.

15. G_Avster3_WeEX
    Eclair Nov 8, 2017

G_Avster3_WeEX , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Aww man I kind of just want it for the show off potential. Also it now allows apple and Android users to charge with the same device, which makes it more universal than type C.

16. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

Maybe it was your devices implementation of wireless but the Nokia/Microsoft line of phones never had that issue. I never ever had to perfectly set it down. There were times I threw it down and it worked fine charging on the wireless pad.

17. Deactivated User
    Nov 8, 2017

18. Suraj gurav 007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2017

Suraj gurav 007 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    yeah wireless charging is on peek of technology..

and altough dash charging is best in class..

but wireless is easy ..

it will come in 5T i think

19. jtushar53
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2017

20. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 8, 2017

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Totally agree. Wireless charging is slow and it wastes heat. I will stick with Dash Charge for now. :cool: