[Let's Talk] Describe your journey with OnePlus.

1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    We all live our lives with some or the other journey going on. Everyday, our lives begin with a new journey. We don’t know whether these journeys would turn out to be good or bad, but still we do go on with those journeys. We’ve passed even through the worst journeys of our life. You probably didn’t have any idea about a journey which would begin when you buy your first OnePlus device. But, still you continued that journey. So, here I am asking you all to describe your journey with OnePlus till date. Whether it was bad or good, you can simply spill your heart out here.

Oh, haven’t purchased a OnePlus device yet? No worries. You’re here on the OnePlus Forums and so that’s a journey on its own. So, if you’re interested in sharing your journeys, I would love to hear them out.

Just in case the question wasn’t clear enough, here it is: Describe your journey with OnePlus.

[Note from Ruby]
    Here's a long-form response I saw in the wild:

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jul 16, 2018 :
    - Saw OnePlus on an Android News website.
    - Checked out their community and signed up.
    - Bought my first OnePlus device - the classic OnePlus One
    - Had it for a year, than got a Samsung as I won it in a contest
    - Was out for a long time and didn't visit the community because it was a chaotic time for me then.
    - Got back, bought a OnePlus 3T device and was extremely happy.
    - Made new friends inv the WormHole and outside
    - Got to know the staff members a little closer
    - Was part of [The Lab] program. Reviewed the OnePlus 6.
    - Journey continues.... :D

3. Shivang Joshi

That's sweet :D

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

5. Shivang Joshi

Yup lol :p But, it's just too sweet to call it short ;P

Mjo and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  6. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

The1Lion , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Looking for a replacement phone, saw this unknown phone mentioned in a review and started research.:confused:
    Reviewed more and more and eventually signed up for a forum account ;)
    Received an Invite - bought the One 64 GB version :D
    Loved phone, showed off to everyone :rolleyes:
    Phone dieded about 3 month's later :(
    Back and forth with OnePlus left me a bit sour on the company o_O (see more - link in my signature):eek:
    Received replacement :cool:
    but without charging cable (I had accidentally returned mine and OnePlus told me to just buy another) :mad:
    Became the bestest forum user in history! :p
    Running out of smilies so time to wrap this up :oops:
    Thank you! :)

panthimanshu, Mjo, rohitanand and 3 others like this.
  7. Shivang Joshi

Ahh, that was bit sour journey :p

Mjo and The1Lion like this.
  8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 18, 2018

the_o2 , Jul 18, 2018 :
    It's actually funny I want to buy the 3T so I started saving the pocket money and when I have enough money to buy 3T the leaks of 5 started so I hold myself and buy the 5 :p:p:p
    And now 5 is just working as it supposed to do, and two years of software updates with 3 years of security updates and now the project treble support,
    So far so good :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018

9. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jul 18, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jul 18, 2018 :
    Ahh, naaaice :)

10. Rohan Nazir
    Donut Jul 20, 2018

Rohan Nazir , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Back in the day when there was all the hype of Samsung Galaxy S2 (first ever proper flagship and my first phone). things were looking great for samsung. But then over the years with the S3 and S4 and S5 they just went down the hill.

While everyone was busy with the Samsung craze I was looking for something light on the wallet. THEN COMES THE ONEPLUS ONE WITH A BANG AND A DEFINITIVE FLAGSHIP KILLER. I signed up but didn't get the invite, told my friends to send me the invites (which they didn't and I am still angry).

Kept using my S2 until one-day my brother's Galaxy note 4 got some kind of issue (classic Samsung).and he asked me to get him a replacement while he can figure out what's wrong with it, Then came the OP2 told him to buy it and everything was great about the phone solid built,great camera, (software updates to some extent) and the only main problem was the charging time. Anyways he was happy with it but wasn't into the normal display size one so he handed it over to me and I was extremely happy (it was so distinguished from others as the first phone with 4 gigs of RAM and 64 gigs storage).

and I still love it to this day and using it as my back up phone . I was surely disappointed by the news of no nougat support. But still a die-hard fan of the one plus. 2 years later bought the one plus 5T (after the launch of OP6) and I can't be much happier with any phone at this price point and this snappiness been using for 2 months now and so grateful that I bought it . I might need WARP charger soon though for travelling. And I am looking forward to more great devices and no notch in the future. THANKS ONEPLUS FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE.

P.S - Kindly Have your presence in Pakistan as there are a lot of Samsung and iPhone fanboys who can't think from their head but from their wallets.

11. Wackencorpse
    KitKat Jul 20, 2018

Wackencorpse , Jul 20, 2018 :
    It was back in April 2014 when I was looking for a new device. My two year old Samsung Galaxy S3 had to be replaced. I was searching the internet for a new one, but I didn't like the offered devices. At this point I was talking to my brother and he told me about OnePlus. A startup from China which will release a phone with spectacular hardware. I read a lot about OnePlus, registered in the forum and wanted to buy the OnePlus One. Next to the contests to get our hands on the OnePlus One you could buy the mobile.

I was convinced that I would buy the device, but it was not as easy as I thought because there were the Invite System. I took a little bit of time but I registered early to the forum and I got an invite. Time to buy the OnePlus One. What should I say it was phantastic. Smooth phone, really fast and very easy to handle. At this time I started to learn more about Android, flashing, rooting and backing up a mobile device.

One great year later the OnePlus 2 was released. I sold my OnePlus One to a good friend of mine and did the upgrade. Also a nice phone but not as smooth as the OnePlus One. Like the One I owned the two for about a year and so on. I owned the OnePlus One, 2, 3 and at the moment the OnePlus 5.

Next to the devices there was also the forum. A lot of discussions and good moments. People who helped me to solve problems and people who solved their problems because the got my help. A great community with a lot of fun also. :)

This year I was on the first OnePlus event. The Euro Tour in Hamburg. It was nice to meet some staff members and to talk about the OnePlus 6, the past and the future. I am really sure the OnePlus 5 won't be my last OnePlus device and the journey will continue...

Thanks OnePlus and @Ruby G. for this fantastic journey so far...

Mjo, Shivang Joshi and Ruby G. like this.
  12. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 20, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Well, my journey with OnePlus.
    I was looking for a new phone because my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact didn't get any updates. This summer (2016) the OnePlus 3 was presented. I followed the story of OnePlus with the release of the OPO when all my fellow students wanted this phone, I myself had a Samsung Galaxy S4 with CyanogenMod at the time. That was also the reason why I became aware of OnePlus: A manufacturer that relies on CM as an OS - fantastic. Because I had no need at the time, I hadn't really followed the launch of the OP2, but then came back to OnePlus when I needed a new device. I liked the design and OS of the OnePlus 3.
    I don't break the purchase, I also see OnePlus (trying, but they manage, even if slowly) improves and changes, that the customer or the community are in the foreground. Now I wait and see how OnePlus keeps the promise that my OP3 will get security updates until next year. So - depending on price, appearance and equipment - I can imagine buying a new OP device in 2019.

13. csrichards
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2018

csrichards , Jul 20, 2018 :
    My journey with OnePlus isn't in full stride nor can I even say has really left the ground too high.
    I set out to find a phone to own and I don't mean getting chatted into a phone through my service provider and set up a plan to make monthly payments, no I mean I was determined to pay full price for a truly smart phone, a phone I would feel comfortable taking everywhere while relying on it 100% of the time. This phone after all would be my first phone that I independently hand picked to take into my non stop life and purchased with my worked for cash. I financially prepared myself to invest possibly $1500 to meet that personal goal but not without my homework! So I began to to ask and to search which phone would be a fit companion and through a suggestion and more studying I made the best decision I personally could come to. This phone is the perfect example of reward for educating oneself.
    Like I stated before my journey is only beginning but I can't wait to see where it takes me. OnePlus has created a phone that not only impresses but intrigues.

Mjo and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. Kartik chowdary
    Froyo Jul 20, 2018

Kartik chowdary , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I saw too many ads on OPPO f1 Plus in the year September 2016 ..
    And i was too eager to buy that phone..It costs around 28000 ..
    Then i Came to know from my friend ,who had already brought that OPPO Mobile on August 2016 ,he explained me about how worse that Oppo phone was ..He explained me how worse that batery life and UI was...
    He suggested me to check out the new One Plus 3 ..

One Plus wasn't that popular because of no ads and unavailability in the shops...
    Then i saw videos about One plus 3, specifications and ratings which were too good than any phone....
    I brought my OnePlus 3 from Amazon and i felt that this One is my best choice in my life till that day...
    I took too many photos and enjoyed playing games ,etc....
    My life was as smooth as my OnePlus 3 device...
    And my OPPO friend got Shifted to OnePlus 3T....

I sold my OnePlus 3 and brought One Plus 6 on june 9th...
    Currently i am using One Plus 6....
    And One Plus 6 is just awesome....[e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e]

Enjoying my life with One Plus 6....

Mjo, csrichards and Shivang Joshi like this.
  15. P1512472987838
    Eclair Jul 20, 2018

P1512472987838 , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Heard about OP when OP2 was launched with a big hype in India. Was using Nexus 5 then and was the best phone that I owned that time. When OP3 was in market and OP3T about to launch, I was saving my money to buy the newer model. Then suddenly Nokia releases its Android phone and was waiting to get my hands on it. Had to wait for more than 6 months to get but couldn't get due to out of stock.
    Then OP releases OP5 and was the flagship killer phone that was even compared with likes of S8 and iP7. Immediately, checked for all critics and user reviews and everyone were on same page...best phone of 2017.
    Immediately bought the phone and till now don't have any regrets. Even after a year, it is still the one of the best phones in the market.
    Joins the community after buying the phone and glad to see the company really appreciates user reviews and considers major suggestions in every update.

16. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2018

MKT_IRFAN3735 , Jul 20, 2018 :
    In the year of 2016 I had seen the OnePlus 3T which offer 6GB Ram and latest and greatest at that time I'd inspired by the Mobile and the great company offering premium flagship product at mid range price at the time I was studying my High school then I decided to buy the product then I updated the news of Oneplus company Ltd , and I became the fan of NEVER SETTLE [e]1f60d[/e] and I finished my high school then i get into the college studies then I ask my dad for the Mobile and at that time Oneplus 5 was released then I decided to buy the latest flagship killer Oneplus 5 I'd said this to my dad and My dad was thinking that price was little bit high at the case of our family situation then my dad promised to buy the OnePlus 5 I'm very happy at that TIME then I waited for 3 months to buy the product and at last my dad had ordered Oneplus 5 and I'm waiting for the delivery when it came my 32 teeth were shining and I call my mom to unbox the trendy Oneplus 5 then I joined the OnePlus community and I enjoyed the benefits and also very super customer service and I loved the OnePlus company and in future I will work with Oneplus company this my Goal[e]1f60a[/e]

17. OneByOneTwo
    Froyo Jul 20, 2018

OneByOneTwo , Jul 20, 2018 :
    -Saw OnePlus in the news
    -Wanted to buy OnePlus 2 but bought the Galaxy S6 cause it was much better
    -Bought OnePlus 6 after S6 slowed down

18. PrafullAnchaliya
    Eclair Jul 20, 2018

PrafullAnchaliya , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Life was a bit messy back then 2015 Dec .
    Thought of buying an iPhone but was in a bit tight condition searched the web for best phone under 20000 INR . OnePlus X was the best option hence went for it. Enjoyed using the phone very much but battery life was concern . Bought OnePlus 5 in September 2017 a bit late I know but just didn't care as it was lit af phone . Joined the community a bit later to follow up with the updates . Came to know about popular user @NeVeR_SeTTLe started following them. Life got better after I switched to OnePlus from my first smartphone (Samsung Galaxy grand (sh*t)). Planned to go to Switzerland this summer with my family wanted to buy a DSLR but friends suggested not to because it was heavy and would be used rarely . So bought a good low light camera phone (Onepus 6 ) I know ppl wouldn't agree but it is better than One plus 5 and I love it (a bit less after the 5.1.8 update due to battery). OnePlus has become my favorite mobile phone brand and will never switch to any other company unless @Pete and @ Carl start a new company (TwoPlus).
    That's it.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  19. MilanMoradia
    Froyo Jul 20, 2018

MilanMoradia , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Earlier My Journey Started From Nokia Symbian Phones. Than Saw Android Phones And Chosen Android Os With Samsung Flagships. Thale Day I Saw Oneplus One I Felt Little Bit Costlier. After 2 Year Of Oneplus One Release I Saw It With My Friend And Felt The Diff Between 2 Year Old Samsung And Oneplus Devices Ui Speed. After That I Fall In Love Partially (lol) With Oneplus. But Not Fully. So Just Bought Second Hand Oneplus 2 Before 5 Month To Check Usability.

And Boom. I Just Sold My S7edge And S8plus Both And Bought Oneplus 6.

Best In Class. Camera. Battery. Performance. Display. Alert Slider. Continuously Getting Updates .

Each And Every Second I Enjoyed The Moment With Oneplus 6. I Just Shocked When I Saw Dashcharging First Time In My Life. Before That I Thought That Samsung Fast Charging Is World s Best One. But i Was Wrong.

Thank You Oneplus Team For Working Hard To Make Smartphone Experience More Efficient.

Thank You.

20. keronlyttle
    Donut Jul 20, 2018

keronlyttle , Jul 20, 2018 :
    So it all began in 2014 when I saw a post on it on Android Authority news back then I was a blackberry,LG or HTC guy can't recall wat I had at the time. I instantly fell in love with the look of the phone and decided to take a look at the specs and by they it was already being called the flagship killer. Must say I hated the invite system couldn't get on it and took a year before I got my one plus when they began doing open sales on Tuesdays. so glad invited behind us. the OP1 became my best fren used it for everything up until 2017 when I got my OP5. Sadly that was short live lost it at a party but I was amazing, love the camera and speed and the notification slider. Waited a few months rather than getting another 5 and got myself a OP6 mirror black and it's amazing. still trying to get use to the slider on the 6 need to be swap around to silent at the bottom and ring at the top. Great cam though I havent been able to play wit it. love the OnePlus can't 2ait to see what the future holds for us.