[Let's Talk] Describe your journey with OnePlus.

1. G_david_hartono_S_iAtI
    Froyo Jul 20, 2018

G_david_hartono_S_iAtI , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Heard of OnePlus on MKBHD,Watched the reviews, borrow a OnePlus One from a friend.. Trying to get a OnePlus 3 in hongkong,sadly unavailable, searching for the place to get the OnePlus 3 on hongkong in the community,i signed up. My tutor bought a OnePlus 5T and enjoyed it. i decided to Replace My HTC 10 With a OnePlus 6..

2. Mr.Weslei
    Eclair Jul 20, 2018

Mr.Weslei , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I'm novice,but I'm a big fan of OnePlus 6,my journey began after I had read a lot of information about flagship...

3. Abu Yohannan
    Eclair Jul 20, 2018

Abu Yohannan , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I was using Samsung note 2 ( which was given to me by my father after using it for 3 years ).

when my father decided to buy a new phone, I suggested him one plus 3t and finally after so many comparisons he bought it.First one plus device in my family.

After 1 year...

Condition of my Samsung note 2 become very bad ie. it starts rebooting everytime,battery is draining fast like so many issues( my Samsung note 2 was rooted and was using resurrection remix rom ).

After discussing with my father we decided to buy a new phone but not for me......ha ha...

My father bought a one plus 5t and he handover the one plus 3t to me.( I was happy, my first one plus device)

After using it for 2 to 3 weeks I decided to root it because before I was using a custom ROM which has so many customization, faster updates and more performance than oxygen os.

So rooted it and flashed resurrection remix rom.
    Again I was happy for some 3 to 4 weeks.
    The slowly I started to notice that there is a lack in charging speed ,camera performance, volte not enabled and small other bugs.

And tried several other roms like carbon, asop, pananoid,dirty unicorn but not fully satisfied.

At that time I came to know that one plus released open beta 21 with volte support for Airtel in India.

I realised that to have true power of one plus 3t it should have oxygen os rom.

So I unrooted it and flashed the oxygen os rom.

Now every thing is fine, improved camera and charging speed.

Only problem I felt is about the lack in updates and customizations like other custom roms but still I am happy with my device.

It's been only about 5 or 6 months with my 3t.

It's not a device to me, I feel like he is my friend.
    He is always with me where ever I go.

Finally I thank one plus team for creating such phones with low price comparing to other flagship phones.

Happy to hear your success in recently released OnePlus 6.....:)

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  4. Bhagirathsinhji
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2018

Bhagirathsinhji , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Few year ago my elder brother purchase one plus 2 with great amount of money for obvious not so big name like Samsung or apple.So that time i shock that why my brother did a huge mistake to buy a unknown company device.So that time i decide to research about that company but again some hype or craze of Samsung mobiles drives me there and one plus again not so impressed me but then one of my good friend came with one plus 5 and show the beauty and rival of all market and now the great entry of one plus 6 makes my mind and pocket to have it in my hand and i make it happen.Thanks one plus to see the original piece of technology in my hand...:)

5. kamalahluwalia
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2018

kamalahluwalia , Jul 20, 2018 :
    Hi, OP team
    I have been facing battery drain issue since last update, it has been just 20hrs since update and I have already plugged charger 2 times.
    Don't see Google lens either, check snapshot.
    View attachment 823555

6. utsav17
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2018

utsav17 , Jul 20, 2018 :
    4o,ooo in my country is not a small amount and when so much if money is given to someone with trust then they better work for it.
    not even oil painting effect but all the bugs since day one are same and rather increased with every update
    i have never seen such a pathetic development and bug fixer team my entire life and trust me when i say i have used all phone companies in my life

7. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

jaivaghela , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I was an Apple fan boy, a friend told me about the OnePlus One and had an extra invite, I decided for that price let me see what all the hype was about and see how the Android experience would be compared to iOS. The rest is as follows:

-Got my OnePlus One, loved it, gave my wife my iPhone 5S, it was amazing but not without it's problems, especially display touch issues which were fixed.

-OnePlus 2 was announced and ordered it straight away. It was a decent device but not without it's major issues. Still In stuck with OnePlus for it's awesome community and decided to see what else they would have in store.

-Bought the OnePlus X for my brother, he liked it. He isn't a techie so all the lack of software support didn't bother him.

-OnePlus 3 was announced and I ordered it straight away once again as soon as the VR launch was over. Loved the phone and it was a huge step up. Dash Charge was a life saver.

-OnePlus 3T soon after, by this time is was a OnePlus fan boy and had to have the latest and greatest. Ordered the 3T, didn't see much difference but loved the gunmetal colour and increased storage.

-OnePlus 5 was launched and bought it straight away. The OP5 got me hooked to portrait mode, even though it wasn't perfect I loved the feature and most of my pictures were taken with that. Bought one for my wife which replaced the iPhone 5S, she loves OnePlus now. Gave my mother in law the OP3T (Another family member converted :D)

-OnePlus 5T launched and was ordered right away, loved the 18:9 aspect ratio and gestures, gave my dad the OnePlus 5 to try out and he replaced his iPhone 6 with it :D

-OnePlus 6 was launched and was ordered on the same day (midnight black 256GB) Upgraded my dad to the OP5T, gave my mother in law my wife's OP5 (converting her from Infinix) gave my father in law my old OnePlus 3 (converting him from Samsung) gave my OnePlus 5 to a buddy who had a OnePlus 3 and got my wife the OnePlus 6 Silk White.

Safe to say I'm slowly converting all my friends and family to OnePlus. Great products, great company and a fantastic community. Looking forward to seeing what the future has in store. #NeverSettle

Ak@oneplus, Mjo, Naveen_006 and 2 others like this.
  8. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I was suffering with my Samsung 3, slow, unresponsive, lousy battery, I had a big hate on for Samsung and my search began!
    I was trolling twitter when a financial analyst I followed posted a piece on a startup company called OnePlus was going to venture into the Android industry. I decided to check it out!
    Googled OnePlus, read the specs, price point and I was floored! Joined the forum, started trolling for invites!
    3 days later, jackpot!! Got the invite, ordered the OnePlus One 64gb variant!
    I was thrilled to receive it! Just in awe of the packaging, and even more impressed with the phone!
    Stayed with the forum, made some good friends, learned how to root, flash roms, I was just happy with everything going on!
    Then tragedy struck! My OPO died a horrible death by drowning (toilet drop)!
    The OnePlus 2 was just released so I stepped up and bought it! Contrary to all reports I was also very happy with the OP2. The drowning of the OnePlus One was tragic but it made me realize I needed a backup phone!
    Then came the release of the OnePlus X! Another much maligned phone but except for the size, I was also happy playing around with it!
    Was NOT impressed with the short lifespan of support for either phone but outside developers saved both phones!
    All hail the great developers of OnePlus! The lack of support for the OnePlus 2 and X really soured me on the company but it was because of the promises broken, I was still happy with the phones in my possession but I passed on the 3, 3t, 5 and 5t.
    Then I started hearing about project treble. Seemed like a great idea! Same time my OP2 crashed and burned in a tragic fall! I still had my opx so I was fine!
    Waited for the specs for the oneplus 6, had to see if it would ship with Oreo, one of the requirements for project treble. Sure enough it was shipped with Oreo, the specs and price seemed fair enough so jumped back into the pool! Bought the OnePlus 6 and enjoying every minute of use.
    So currently using the 6 with my Opx as backup! I have always been very active on the forums until recently since my rheumatoid arthritis has made me reduce the time I spend here which makes me sad. I have been considering using Google speak to come back more often but I am not a fan of Google lol.
    At any rate I will always lurk, read threads from some of the great people here like @meatandy @NeVeR_SeTTLe @Shivang Joshi as well as all the Wormholics. Some will miss my posting and assistance some won't but I will always be willing to help those who need it when I can.
    Thanks to everyone I met here, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

9. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 20, 2018

meatandy , Jul 20, 2018 :
    I believe you are in the same boat as many customers from the past , some moved on , some trolled ,
    some persevered with OnePlus like you and I did.
    Cheers Lance !

10. aneel7578
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

aneel7578 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    It's been close to two years that I have been using One Plus 3. It does almost all the functions, my day to day activities etc. I have no reason to check for an upgrade. As image quality is good if not great compared to recent flagships.

But the only thing which would make this phone to be in the present league is getting a portrait mode into it. This is not a rocket science to integrate a software update. Because there are Google mods for camera app which are inconsistent but they do click portrait mode images.

I would request One plus team to please check the possibilities if any such update can be made available which will be of great help for One Plus 3 users.

Thank you,
    Abhi

11. Ajuneja723
    Froyo Jul 21, 2018

Ajuneja723 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    experience after 5.1.9 on the one plus 6
    it's very huge update and really nice one when it comes to standby time of this update, usually it drains 5 percent but now only 2 percent drain in 8 hours thats really nice update i think they improve in stability and fluidity too.the biggest update is in the [e]1f4f7[/e] camera department and yes it improves 10percent improved with the image processing and when it comes to picture quality it is really good but i have little problem that is the image comes out to be very little washed out in artificial lighting condition rest they really improve and i am happy to buy one plus device[e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

12. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 21, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jul 21, 2018 :
    That touched me brother!! :(
    Thanks for the mention.
    Hope you are doing well healthwise and that it will continue to serve you good down the road.
    Stay in touch ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018

Mjo, Lancelot_69 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  13. manuel19
    KitKat Jul 21, 2018

manuel19 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I'd like to add my short story as well :)

Used an HTC with cyanogenmod. Saw an article about rumors of a phone running cyanogenmod (an oppo)

Months later, next to me in the train, there was a guy whose smartphone had 'Cyanogen' written on it, and that awesome looking surface. So I googled for that 'Cyanogen-Phone' and found it. The OnePlus One. I instantly fell in love with it.

I joined the community, took a week for me to get the invite, ordered the phone and it was pure love.

IIRC, I stayed in the community for a while, because I was still using cyanogen OS and wanted to stay up2date and stuff, but some day I switched to Cyanogenmod again, because faster updates and stuff, became a total flashaholic back then, running multirom with about 10 different Android variants installed at the same time, switching at least 1 time a day.

Then there was a time where I kinda 'settled'. I let my phone on one OS only. Haven't flashed new stuff. Distanced from the community more and more because now was the time you got the phones without invites anyways and life became more stressful.

I have been away so far, that I haven't even heard of the launch of the op3t. I just wanted to buy a replacement for my little brothers op3, which should have been the op3 again, but instead, there was a t version launched and I came to the conclusion that I need to keep at least one eye on OnePlus again.

Half a year later, I bought the op5, never been happier, it's a beast phone! Then I rooted it, needed some help because I haven't been active for so long, what made me missed out that you now use magisk instead of SuperSU, and joined the OnePlus Hub on Telegram because of this. It changed so much.

I came in touch with the community again, joined back the forums, am kinda more active here now and I really like it. Everything is just amazing. So many kind, intelligent and thoughtful people you get in touch with.

Really happy that I am back here and hopefully I can manage to stay here a little longer than last time! :D

Thank you, if you read through this.

And if not, it doesn't matter, I totally understand if anybody doesn't want to hear that. :D

Mjo and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. iamarfat
    Eclair Jul 21, 2018

iamarfat , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I was want new phone I want to purchase iPhone but my friends was using One plus 3 he suggested me to purchase One plus 5T the present one. then I checked review and I impressed before I going to purchase 5T another friend suggested me to wait for 3-4 months as One plus 6 is coming so I wait for 4 months and finally my first One plus device is I purchased a brand new One plus 6. and it's awesome to have a One Plus 6.

15. jupudisundar
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

jupudisundar , Jul 21, 2018 :
    Well to say about my journey with OnePus. i started with its first release ONE. I was looking for a phone to replace my Samsung Galaxy grand back in 2014 when the battery drainage started with it after 1.5years usage.
    My brother told me about this one plus startup from China launched a phone ONEPLUS ONE and available on invite basis he got hold of a invite and bought one for himself. i waited for his review for couple of months and after his verdict another couple of months for invite as I was not part of any community back than.
    So, starts my journey with One plus One till couple of months back this year when the battery drainage and over heating problem started on my oneplus ONE...
    Again my search started i wanted to replace with either iphone X OR Pixel2xl and than came the swift of Oneplus6 online with rumors and tweaks of specs rumors all over the youtube and tech sites.
    So, after a lot of thought process on comparison of specs and other parameters again landed on conclusion of "KNOWN DEVIL IS BETTER THAN UNKNOWN ANGELS"[e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e](don't get offended anyone my intention is never to degrade). Now posting this comment from new One plus 6 SEXY silk white[e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e].
    The experience with ONEPLUS was always great wether it was my old buddy ONEPLUS ONE or the new beast ONEPLUS 6.

And one more thing I forgot even my brother upgraded to ONEPLUS6. When we both had ONEPLUS ONE first we both used to confuse and sometimes carry others mobile. Which will not happen now as he has the midnight black edition ..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  16. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2018

Nikhil Seenivas , Jul 21, 2018 :
    >relative who was a software engineer bought a oneplusone/two (i don't remember, was too young)
    >fell in love with it cause he said beastly performance for a reasonable price
    >dad had a laggy af sammy note 2, and mom had a laggy afsammy s4 and hated both of those (mom later got an s7 edge and dad just bought his s9+ and using his note 2 as a side phone )
    >time to finally get a phone for myself as i had graduated higher secondary school and just in time for op5 release
    >7 months later op5 got stolen, waited for the 6 by using a sammmy s4 w/ lineage os which was a ppocket oven and had terrible battery life(45mins sot)
    >was rewared with a beautiful silk white op6 for enduring the s4 XD

Mjo and Shivang Joshi like this.
  17. O1532176481581
    Donut Jul 21, 2018

O1532176481581 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    Guys is there any way we can enable full screen caller image on OnePlus 6? Currently it shows a small icon like image during calls dial in or receiving and rest of the 6inch screen appears black. Any way to enlarge the image to full screen?

Dont want to install another app and give it access to contacts.

18. Anusivanandan
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

Anusivanandan , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I was planned to by a low budget phone like redme Note 5 pro. I also give an advance amount to my friend for booking of that phone. In that day evening my brother called me and said " I heard that you were booked that phone" and advise me to cancel that order and he offer me some money and said buy iPhone 6s. I was shocked and say yes of course. that night. I called him and I don't want to buy an iPhone, I want to buy a OnePlus 6. he says, that upto you.... then I transferred money to by friend and ordered this super fast phone. I waited almost one month for the phone to reach my hands. One 3rd July it finally reached... Now going smoothly. NEVER SETTLE [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

19. K1532072916772
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

20. W1531414292346
    Donut Jul 21, 2018

W1531414292346 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I got my OP6 as a very early birthday gift two month ago. My boyfriend has a OP3T so we knew the brand. I am not using phone for games or app development so cannot say anything about performance, speed or memory. I m in love with camera! And the result is much better than using one of my digital photo camera. Now I'm posting in Instagram much more than time I had my old phone :)