[Let's Talk] Describe your journey with OnePlus.

1. Reddy_SiR
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

Reddy_SiR , Jul 21, 2018 :
    The new update has actually decreased the image quality and is not nice. The old one was better. Hoping they release the update where the image quality is nice.

2. U1532206354366
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

3. NateDev
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2018

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  4. F_Debasmith_Goswami_YAja
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2018

F_Debasmith_Goswami_YAja , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I think using One plus is one of my best decision.. I got to know about the phone from my sister-in-law.

I purchased oneplus 5T in January and the beautiful journey started.

1) Internet connectivity is faster in one plus
    2) Camera is super.
    3) Gaming mode and Display features are awesome
    4) Look of the phone is very stylish.

I feel proud when everyone ask me to click photos from my phone .

Love it ! Love it!! Never Settle

5. Naveen_006
    Donut Jul 22, 2018

Naveen_006 , Jul 22, 2018 :
    I think it was a major upgrade as i moved from redmi 3s to OnePlus 6.Its worth every penny i spent for.

6. Punk_69
    Lollipop Jul 22, 2018

Punk_69 , Jul 22, 2018 :
    I came to know about OnePlus from my brother....
    Liked the design.... But the invite system held me back :rolleyes:
    Somehow got an invite for opX and then I entered the world of oneplus...
    Its great....
    Now i use a OnePlus 3 and I'm quite happy with it

7. H1532267770262
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2018

8. panthimanshu
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2018

panthimanshu , Jul 23, 2018 :
    From HTC to Samsung, I always prefer to save money and buy flagship devices. I was enjoying my Samsung S5 but unfortunately it got bricked due to my stupid R&D and so I started to looking for options. I remember 2 or 3 of my friends used to appreciate OnePlus devices a lot. It was time when Micromax, Xiaomi and more were hyping market with their mouth watering specifications in very low price but no quality, I thought OnePlus is same and I took Samsung S6.

Time passed and OnePlus was wonderfully making its way up to the top. People were comparing it with gigantic market leaders like Samsung, iPhone. I started following OnePlus and that time OnePlus 5 was rocking the world with its amazing performance and awesome camera.

I finally got convinced and bought my first OnePlus device which is OnePlus 6. This phone is so great. I really never experienced such blazing fast performance before. Battery is amazing (wondering why people complaining about battery draining issue) After a full charge, I ran it for 1 day 5 hours with 13% battery remaining and the total screen usage was 6 hours, I think it is great figure. Camera is superb.

Most important point I really wanted to mention is I never been seriously active on social networking sites. While enjoying my OnePlus 6, I visited OnePlus Community forum and saw so many useful threads which consists of threads about photography, sketches and so many more. Community members are so active and gives honest feedback/advices, it made me recalled my lost interest in photography. Since then I got lovely feedbacks from lovely community members which made me explore more in photography and editing.

I am so much impressed with OnePlus community driven approach. I saw people wrote in the forum, "I have following issue/expectation in the device" and they wait to get it rectify/address in the next upgrade which is so amazing. Before experience was like if you have issue or something you expect, just dream to have it solved. I love this most about OnePlus and this has took the OnePlus to the next level. Others create flagship devices, OnePlus creates flagship killers.

Best of luck OnePlus and thanks for giving us such amazing devices.

Ruby G. and Shivang Joshi like this.
  9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jul 29, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 29, 2018 :
    I started replying with a target of 300 words, but it went down to more than 500 :rolleyes:. So created a new thread here. :);)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018

10. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 29, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Jul 29, 2018 :
    It was crazy to read about the company's policy to buy their device. I was like 'What! smash my phone and pay them more to buy one! Let them go to hell, I'm not smashing any shit". I couldn't afford the OnePlus One as it was way out of my budget and yeah it's hard to get an invite as well. Though I'm impressed with the design and specs, It's out of my league.

I've been reading about the company occasionally, with the launch of OPX, 2, 3. By the time they were about to launch 3T I've got enough budget and a need to change my HTC 826. I was hesitant to move out of the Sense family but the openness to custom ROMs and hardcore specs along with interest in the brand made me buy the 3T.

Finally the day arrived, after long wait & delayed shipments due to floods in Chennai, my new baby came into my hands. It was fantastic to run my hands on the metallic body. This is my first device wit a metal unibody. Felt amazing and premium. First thing I do upon buying a new mobile is to get a tempered glass. But with the 3T, I didn't want to spoil it's beauty and opted to use it with the pre applied screen protector.

This is the only device I used for over 1.5Yrs. Even after such long usage the 3T still performs like day one. Apart from few scratches at the service centre this kid never fell down and is spot less. I've pulled the screen protector off while applying Dbrand about 3 months ago and now it's as new as I bought it just now.

Experience has been great all along. But as an OEM, OnePlus gave me something more than just a phone to cherish, the Community. Who am I supposed to tag! it'll go over the [Let's Talk] word limit. but for a few to be felt, @NeVeR_SeTTLe (my brother) @RJBoss (bestie), @camohan (my guruji) friends in the neighbourhood @GopalB. @Shivang Joshi @idkwhoiam322 @Punk_69 @BeingIncog , @Mjo (fellow ninja) @Baymax (the friendly bot) @Cheetosdust (the love virus) and all the Wormies.

I've been through various phases of life, happiness and it's opposite but the best part is the community and relations over here. They won't judge you, always pat your back in difficulty, bump up the happiness, helps us to be a better person. Though all virtual, these relations are real and the feelings are felt at heart.

I never say I'm a fan of something or someone, but on this special day (after-all it's my bestie's Birthday) ' HEY ONEPLUS, I'M A FAN OF YOURS FOR GIVING ME THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY'. These bondings are so special for me.

Special shout out to @RJBoss.

Ruby G., Cheetosdust, GopalB. and 6 others like this.
  11. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 29, 2018

Cheetosdust , Jul 29, 2018 :
    Hello @Shivang Joshi :)

My journey with OnePlus started with the OnePlus One, the phone I thought it was too good to be true. And when the phone started production and was being sent to the early adopters, I still thought that. Aha, the screen is yellow - and those invites are not for me. So I lost interest pretty quickly.

I voted with my wallet and thought a nice and juicy F-U to that system. When the begging system was finally abandoned, I was here, buying the OnePlus 2. A beautiful phone I still have close to my heart, as it was one of the phones I hated the most and therefore I keep it close to my heart to not make that mistake again.

Out of the box and a crash, completely frozen. Me, coming from an iPhone 6, thought: oh what a beautiful purchase I’ve made. Here I was after I spent my money with a phone that warmed my heart. Literally, the Snapdragon 810 was such a - well, let’s use a YouTube word, shall wee? - beast, it literally warmed everything it touched.

I hated that phone. However, I returned it and OnePlus was awesome. Followed the European law and I got my money back through PayPal. And I invested that money towards the new OnePlus 3. Ah, the OnePlus 3, the best phone the company ever made, I still think - and I still have that phone, I can see it from here.

From there I bought the OnePlus 5. Hated it. Not only the screen was more jelly than a pudding, the design was old and the cameras was just an excuse fed thanks to marketing. My brother still has one, I still don’t like that phone, as it shows a OnePlus capitalizing on what the company achieved with with the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T.

So I returned the OnePlus 5 and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy S8+. Beautiful phone, great screen and an awesome camera. I did not paid full price for it, because we all know Samsung, thanks to Amazon, etc, loses value like a stone falling through water.

After that, however, I bought the OnePlus 5T, a phone I still have and that I still love. Hey, here’s a crazy thought: the 5T is the phone the OnePlus 5 should've been. For me, it will always be the phone that made OnePlus finally realized its community knew about what was new and desirable. Therefore, it will always be one way of the company saying: “oh, you guys knew about the 18:9 screen aspect ratio? Our bad!”.

And after the OnePlus 5T I bought the OnePlus 6, because I just love originality that much and I thank OnePlus every single day for inventing the notch. Hmm? No? What do you mean Essential and Sharp and Apple before them? Oh, so it’s like a let’s just use it? Hmmm, I see, my bad.

All dumb jokes aside, I have a OnePlus 6 and it’s a great phone. Not worth the jump if you are coming from the OnePlus 5T, but that’s because both are great devices. Just add a few Bullets, Icons, V2 and Wireless, a few cases, and you have my journey with OnePlus, the company.

However, have the human side into consideration, and OnePlus is much more than the sum of its parts. Friends around here, staff members I think are great, opportunities to talk to them and even interview them. So, the hardware is great, the best Android phones ever made - hah, I’m kidding, they are not, seriously, check the Pixel 3 XL out, I’m pretty sure it’ll be better.

OnePlus, for me, is a company with great people. People who make dumb mistakes, sure, but still great people. The hardware is also pretty solid and the software is a great alternative to, well, the stock Android provided by Google. Like a stock-ish version with a few new layers of personalization that I sometimes hate and other times love.

My point is: I can see from here my OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5T and my OnePlus 6. That’s the journey I want to remember with OnePlus, because it was only possible thanks to them being awesome and not rising a single issue when I returned the OnePlus 2 and the OnePlus 5. That’s also how you win a customer.

But besides the products, my journey with OnePlus will forever be tied to these forums, where I met great people, OnePlus users or not, and where I feel I can rest my head and heart.

The best smartphones? Nope. The best Android smartphones? No. So my journey with OnePlus will always be justified by this: fans that became my great friends? Yes. And when a phone company makes that possible, I think you should say thanks. I know I do.

Edit: And this was just to share my journey, so this post is not for entering the competition :)

12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 29, 2018

13. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 30, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Jul 30, 2018 :
    What! Love? Again!?

No wonder I called you the love virus

14. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 1, 2018

luigimario , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Heard about OnePlus from a friend that got the OPO back in 2014. I didn't consider it because I had just bought a new phone the year before. Skip to 2016 and I was looking for a new phone. I was looking at some other cheaper Chinese brands but then a friend of mine suggest OP because he was looking at it too. We both decided to get the OP3 and had no regrets.

Since getting it, I have sent a ton of messages, been on hours of phone calls, played a lot of PoGo, done some online dating, played a bunch of games, watched videos, listened to music, and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember. It has been my steadfast buddy these last 2 years, always nearby and always ready to help. I've learned a fair bit about rooting and custom software, and how to brick my phone and then how to unbrick it.

It's been a conversation starter when I notice other people have a OP phone. I've used it and abused it and it keeps on going, more reliably than many things in life. I don't think my OnePlus journey has had any profound effect in my life, but it certainly has made it better. I wish I could say I found a significant other because of my phone, or that I was able to use it to make a lot of money or a career. I suppose it would be truthful to say that I have been able to learn more about life, and other people and interactions because of having my OP3.

It has also been very useful in emergencies or if I get lost. I can call/message anyone to help, and I can use navigation to find my way again. So while I wouldn't say OP has been a life changing experience for me, it certainly has changed my life, and in many instances for the better.

15. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 3, 2018

johneebee , Aug 3, 2018 :
    My journey started with a lousy working huawei honor u8860. (This was back when the honor line wasn't that ...honourable). I bought the phone in 2009 and like my phone before that it only cost 120 euro. Now back then I wasn’t that knowledgeable about tech and thought “hey that phone has just the minimum of what I need so that will be enough for me”. Little did I know that a phone with 512MB of RAM of which maximum 100MB were available would be a nightmare.

Four years later I just couldn’t handle it anymore and started looking actively for a new phone looking for the best bang for the buck. I remember the first asus zenphone coming out and it being really well priced for what it had but I was still doubting it allot for some reason so I kept waiting.

Then somewhere in May 2014 I saw some tech youtube channel (I think the first I saw was android authority) mention the oneplus one and I got intrigued, started looking at all the youtube videos I could find about it, found out about the invite system and made an account just in case I might want to go for it. In June I happened to get an invite, but by the time I got over my insecurities of buying such a pricy device (compared to what I normally bought) from a shop that I can’t even visit in real life the invite had already expired.

But then it hit me, I knew what I wanted! I started looking everywhere for invites to no avail, but all the sudden in the beginning of July I got another invite in my mail, immediately bought it and a few days after my birthday I got the device in hands and ever since I truly understand why you don’t go for the cheapest phone you can buy and really started to appreciate owning a flagship level device!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018

16. O1532176481581
    Donut Aug 21, 2018