[Let's Talk] Do you think AI is great in a phone or are you tired of hearing about it?

1. Ahkam
    Froyo Jul 24, 2018

Ahkam , Jul 24, 2018 :
    Hi One plus team,

Please focus more on battery until people doesn't consider the capacity of the battery.
    work on AI battery which none of others havent touched the success.

Thank you.

2. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 24, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Jul 24, 2018 :
    What the duck! Nice joke but poorly performed. AI is no doctor I can pretty much do what it does.

Exactly my point, what these companies sell as AI is just a component of AI but not a complete AI package. AI to be implemented as a whole needs lot more improvement and Mr Hawking already told us what would happen if that is achieved. That's the very same reason Zuckerberg and team shut down their AI project which is half way through the goal. We don't have control over the algo if it starts controlling us.

Bottom line - AI in my view is a shit which if becomes real would be a threat to us. End of discussion.on my side.

3. G_Husam_Miqdadi_rPzo
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2018

G_Husam_Miqdadi_rPzo , Jul 24, 2018 :
    most efficient when used with camera to adjust the light and make color corrections based on the ai and similar scenarios and produce the best picture quality

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jul 24, 2018 :
    AI is no doctor. I was only explaining its use via an analogy.

What smartphone OEMs are selling as AI today, are basically smart features. We are still some years away from realising its full potential. Yes there are risks and I am sure they are working on that too.

Stephen Hawking presented the worst side of it, which isn't impossible. So an ethical implementation supported by stringent regulations would hopefully keep mankind safe.

5. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 24, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Jul 24, 2018 :
    You're slowly moving on to the track. What they market as AI is not AI. That's what I said in my primary post. It's just V1. 5 computing.

You can only hope it remains safe, possibilities are way worse than we can imagine

6. Philip.lock
    Donut Jul 24, 2018

Philip.lock , Jul 24, 2018 :
    AI is just a modern gimick, until it is a more advanced and proven technology its just a toy and i for one am not concerened if it was on my phone or not, infact it it was id probably disable it.

7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jul 24, 2018 :
    I'm on the same track as before. I was always referring to AI in its full glory, and never limited my argument to some of the features marketed as AI on smartphones today. Those features are just the beginning of what is expected to come, and only demonstrate in a very minute level on what AI can achieve. in other words, AI isn't gimmick.

8. molanka
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

molanka , Jul 24, 2018 :
    AI or not, user just want a result.
    If the phone make a very beautiful photos in auto mode without AI, why create an AI for doing that ?
    It's the same for battery or everything. If you have the same result or better result with or without, why using that ?

The end user want a result. If you have a very powerfull battery and very beautiful photo without AI, why choose a phone with AI if the result is bad ?

9. Moin2200
    KitKat Jul 24, 2018

johneebee likes this.
  10. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2018

Shuller , Jul 24, 2018 :
    AI is used in order to sell more... like we do not know what else we can do... so lets say we have something, anything...
    The whole concept of AI is wrong in the IT industry right now. AI should be an algorithm capabale of selflearning and daily improvements... for now I only saw 2 algorithms capable of generating something other then given... and that is far from being called AI... so long story short... AI is mostly a marketing move... what are they doind is some enhancements of things... these enhancements were always done somehow...

11. Y1517938924081
    Froyo Jul 25, 2018

12. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2018

13. Vidi Fadilakbar
    Donut Jul 25, 2018

Vidi Fadilakbar , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Ai is needed in mobile devices, especially in the camera, ai can correct the appropriate coloring on the image so as to make the camera more accurate especially for low light photos,and google is also developing Ai for their app like Google Assitant can call to book something,etc

14. G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj , Jul 25, 2018 :
    the only time I ever found it useful was when I took a photo of a document. It recognised it was a document and blacked out the surrounding area. Apart from that I haven't found it at all useful. Perhaps one day it will when it can read your mind!

15. Andrei R.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

16. Nojuzz33
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

Nojuzz33 , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Just some simple features given a fancy name. Artificial intelligence, I mean, seriously?

17. pirata_1985
    Nougat Jul 25, 2018

18. F1532508179414
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

19. root_rhakbari
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

root_rhakbari , Jul 25, 2018 :
    AI features in Camera are required for enhanced and high quality pictures from both front and rear cameras and also AI is required for saving battery/ increasing battery life.

20. isty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

isty , Jul 25, 2018 :
    It depends on what AI is used. For camera it is very usefull. It could identify habits, recognize scenes and adjust params for it

buntycubal likes this.