[Let's Talk] How do you customize your device for perfect form and function?

1. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

toastytoast1234, Aug 10, 2018 :
    I'm not saying that people shouldn't listen to German Rap, just that I don't feel any need to. There's a lot of music out there in the world which is leaping to the top of the list before that.

Take @elanglois choice of Joe Satriani above. I can admire his insane proficiency, I can manage to sit through a couple of songs, I can support him in his lawsuit against the evil thieving Coldplay bastards, but it's not something I'll generally choose to listen to for more than a beer. Or two beers, some of those tracks are quite long.

elanglois likes this.
  2. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

Furkan Özcan, Aug 10, 2018 :
    dude i am german thats why i listen to german rap xD.

3. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

I know many Germans who don't listen to German rap.

Don't assume that your preferences extend to the general population, that's how certain political regimes get started.

4. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

wow easy. What do you expect from a 15 year old? Should i listen to pop? That's just plain boring.

5. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

I expect you to listen to whatever makes you happy, even if you're obviously wrong and you'll cringe at it 15 years from now.

Just don't expect the rest of us to listen to it, I think that's pretty much by design.

6. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

well damn sorry if german rap makes me happy. Im sure i wont cringe at it in 15 years because I know ill be listening to it too. No one expected or wanted you to listen to it to be honest.

7. meatandy Nougat Aug 10, 2018

meatandy, Aug 10, 2018 :
    Did he assume you listen to pop music or was he calling you 'Pops' ?

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  8. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

Wait, what?

I get it, I was 15 once. You have raging hormones and you think that you can fix all of the problems in the world. That's as it should be, it's how we progress as a society.

I've barely listened to any new music in the last 20 years, but I can still admit that some of what I liked when I was a kid was objectively bollocks. That being said, most of it was awesome and will remain so until the end of recorded history.

the_reckoner likes this.
  9. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

well there is something called SuGgEsTiOn.
    And what was the purpose of the rest of the text?

10. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

It's called context. You'll understand when you're 16. Maybe 17.

What was the point of bringing up German Rap music in a thread about perfect form & function of a mobile phone?

11. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

well when you learn to read (Skill unlocked at IQ level 85) u can see that i said ,, I use flush colours and german rappers as background". And dude why are you so butthurt about my taste in music? And you dont have to point out that I am currently 15 years old. Intelligence is not in the Age its in your brain.

12. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

You were the one who pointed out your age, not me.

You were the one who pointed out that "you listen to German Rap because you're German".

I have no objections to either of those things, but you seem offended by the fact that there's a reality outside of both of those. This, also, is a natural consequence of being 15 - your view of the world is so constricted that you can't understand the concept that other people like different shit. That's not an attack on you or your choices, it's just the way things are.

13. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

yes i pointed out my age first but only one time.
    And you are basically a hypocrite because you say ,, you cant understand the concept of other people liking other stuff" then why are you criticising my taste in music? And I bet i have a wider perspective than you, while being 15. Im not offended i just dont understand the points that you are trying to make.

14. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

You don't like it when people (allegedly) criticise others taste in music?

Remind me again, who's the hypocrite?

15. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

Yep i dont like it. I find it boring - I dont listen to it. You tried to do something there huh? I dont reply to every single comment of yours like ,, your music is bad" like you do!

16. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

You should stop hearing things which nobody ever said. My personal preferences in music - or anything else - don't invalidate your choices. Not every comment which - even slightly - contradicts your worldview is a personal attack on your deep seated beliefs.

17. elanglois Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

elanglois, Aug 10, 2018 :
    I actually don't listen much to Satriani these days. Mostly Linkin Park, Evanessence, and Faith No More. Satriani is still one of the best guitar players ever, but he's not quite known for "catchy tunes".

I'm really big on Alexandr Misko right now. He does some amazing things on a single guitar. One of the best percussive acoustic players I've ever heard. He plays 3 or 4 different parts at once and sometimes retunes while he plays. He plays a wide variety of styles, too. I bought both his albums.

Check out his version of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

no but he said ,, rap is bad blablabla" so i said should i listen to pop thats boring.

19. Furkan Özcan Eclair Aug 10, 2018

oh so you didnt say that I'm wrong by listening to rap and that I'll cringe at it 15 years from now? And you dont have to treat me like a feminist, I dont get angry at every comment. I'm just asking why is my worldview & taste in music such a big deal for you? I mean you are probably much older than me so why dont you use that time to do something else, like i dunno doing Older People tasks i guess?

20. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Aug 10, 2018

Since we're indulging in rampant stereotypes, shouldn't you be doing young people tasks like sulking in your room complaining about how the world is unfair?

Oh right, carry on.