[Let's Talk] How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

Ruby G. , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Congratulations! You've stumbled upon one of our stickied question forum posts. Take a look at the question below and write a response if it interests you. Feel free to post your response on this thread or start a new thread if your response is over 500 words (be sure to copy & paste the question into a new thread and tag me so I notice).

How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

Posts of 300 – 1000 words will be automatically entered in to our ongoing rewards program and potentially be chosen to move to the next level. Have fun, debate with each other, and let the knowledge flow!

3/20 update: A long form response spotted in the wild! Check out @Shivang Joshi 's thoughts on his OP5 vs others: http://onepl.us/shivangresp

Another great long form, from @BobbyVK on his OP3T vs others: http://onepl.us/bobbyvkresp

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

2. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Mar 19, 2018

Baymax , Mar 19, 2018 :
    So, I was approached by @Ruby G. in the background to write something for you all. Here it is!

So, as everyone knows I won the OnePlus 5T in Lava Red in the Valentine's contest.

Is it (the 5T in general) nice?
    Absolutely.
    Is it perfect?
    Absolutely not.

So I'm going to weigh in on the 5T versus other devices out there which a lot of the masses know by name. Probably just going to leave this comparison to Android devices since we all know what we get with Apple devices.

Screen:
    Now, I will not be bashing OnePlus for remaining with FHD over QHD. Sure devices like the S8+ and Razer Phone have QHD, but to be honest the only difference that I have noticed in any device to change how other devices work is the 120 hz display of the Razer Phone. Every device screen feels slower after using that. I digress though.

Charging:
    Okay, here is a bit of my preference. I am a convention goer and being that most of the convention lasts over 12 hours a day and the device is constantly being used, I feel like for always having on the go so you can constantly keep looking around and taking photos, I prefer a powerbank. The U11, S8+ and Razer Phone (for example) both use Quick Charge (3 or 4+) and powerbanks have been officially made to charge rapidly with quick charge. I have seen a Dash powerbank out there, but I am holding back since it's not officially made. So in this regard, I feel like quick charge is the way to go. Dash charge does have its advantages over quick charge though as I have proved again and again. In the end it is really up to you to decide; whether you are a convention goer, office worker, or a stay-at-home mom/dad then there are pros and cons for each that you yourself would have to put into perspective and decide on.

Battery Life:
    I gotta be honest here, the 5T battery life has been excellent. The battery life king title still belongs to the Razer Phone though. But for a device that lasts most of the day, maybe longer, then the only devices I can recommend in each price bracket are the Razer Phone, 5T, and Honor 7X. (7X if on super tight budget) All up to preference in the end though

Sound:
    Another round here that is in Razer Phone's favor. The OnePlus 5T doesn't have the best sound on a device. Maybe the best sound in its price bracket, but not overall. But hey! It still has a headphone jack. I digress. If you are on the market for good sound and price isn't an object then choose the Razer Phone, or HTC U11; for smaller budgets you should choose the 5T or LG V20. But again it is all up to preference. (Sounds like a recurring theme)

Camera:
    We all knew this was coming. As I have shown in my device review, photography is subjective on the 5T. You need to make sure that you have a good, unchanging subject and practically need a tripod with gimbal to account for hand movement. Even a factor with selfies. There are devices out there that I recommend on this regard though. The HTC U11 series (regular, plus, eyes), LG G series (G5 and G6 in particular), Samsung Galaxy series (S and Note 8-S9), and also Google Pixel series. So I repeat if camera is a strong suit there are better options, but the price is an object on them. If you are on a budget then the 5T is good, Honor 7X is good, and the Xiaomi Mi A1 is good for camera.

Conclusion:
    So to summarize this all up in terms of features with any device out there, the 5T does hold its own. Falls short in some areas though which is to be expected. But in my opinion, the 5T is still overall a great package for the price. The strong and weak suits are all to your preference though.

Thank you all for reading!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018

3. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Mar 19, 2018 :
    The device you carry in your pocket says something about you. In the last few years I had two OnePlus phones, the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 5T, and another Android phone, the Samsung S8+. With the Samsung, you get the looks; you get the unquestionable eyes on your hand when you take your phone out of your pocket.

With the OnePlus phones, you get something else: you get your heart on the device every time you use it.

I’m not going to turn this into a war between devices, but I’ll write that at the end of the day, from my own experience, the Galaxy S8+ is a phone that are used for others and the OnePlus is a phone used by - and for - me. And this means that the Samsung is an object of status, lust and even maybe jealousy. My favourite OnePlus device is a phone that I can rely on, a piece of technology that practically never let me down.

I’m not going to write it’s perfect, because it’s not; I’m not going to write that the Galaxy is not a good phone, because it is. However, to understand these phones you have to use them, you have to actually experience what they can do for you, with you.

Maybe you’re thinking I’m writing about my OnePlus 5T. I’m not. I’m actually writing about my OnePlus 3. The screen and the camera are better on the S8+, obviously, but the performance and the clean almost stock experience gave me a better understanding of what an Android phone can be. For me, that phone was like a clean slate on the Android scene - before the OnePlus 3 I was using an iPhone 6, and at the time, that phone was not exactly a budget phone.

It’s funny, you know, I fell in love with it, the first OnePlus device I used extensively, because after one, two, six months, reaching for the pocket, reaching for the device that was there, I was reaching for something made for me, for my experience, not so that others could look at it and drool.

There something I called the outer experience - looks, status, etc - and something that’s actually what matters to me: the performance behind the screen. What a workhorse that phone was - and still is. I feel like I could just put my SIM card on it and continue where I left. I know exactly how that that phone was going to perform, because the way he did almost since it was launched.

The Android competition I used have more options, like a Swiss Army Knife, it can do almost everything, but my favorite OnePlus device does few, but better. You have to choose the right device for your pocket and I’m sure other brands are better than OnePlus for certain pockets. But for me, the user who wants a phone that runs alongside my needs, the brand with the plus and the square is the one for now.

4. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

RJBoss , Mar 19, 2018 :
    To be honest, OnePlus 5T has no comparison with other devices. It is unique in it's own way. I used to be a huge Motorola fan. Used to buy a new Moto device with every launch they did on the very first day itself, and that made me buy the OnePlus 5T version as well, since it had an iPhone like dual camera and the 18:9 screen ratio made me more interested to buy this super amazing phone that I have started to love in these 4 months. I have received so many compliments regarding my very own 5T being one of the good units sold by OnePlus, and indeed I am very much lucky to have this unit. I do not know if it will make me buy the next OnePlus in an instant not because of it's rumoured notch for I do not care as long as I believe there is a reason OnePlus releases them, but I am glad I became a part of OnePlus and this community forum and no other phone can change my view now. The Dash Charging cannot be compared with the Turbo Charger as the Dash charger is more smooth and very fast. The original and unique OnePlus accessories that you provide on the OnePlus website for the OnePlus 5T are worthy enough to buy and even though people crib about them being very pricey, but I think they are all worth it. The release of software updates first through beta and then an OTA makes us free to choose whether we want to install it or not. It's not the same with the other phone models.
    Seriously, it is like a dream to own this amazing, super smooth, super fast, awesome phone and I am very proud of it.
    Once a OnePlus Fan, Forever a OnePlus True Fan!
    Thanks @Ruby G. for allowing me to write this post and give me a chance to enhance my creative writing skills.

Dresa91, vasgou, idkwhoiam322 and 4 others like this.
  5. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Mar 19, 2018 :
    My reply was like, more than 500 words(929, to be precise). So, just posted a new thread for that. Hope you would like reading it.

6. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 19, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    For this one, I’m going to do something a bit different. I’m going to compare my OnePlus 5 with a device of the past, the LG G2.

The LG G2 was the first smartphone I got on my 15th birthday, and till date remains my favorite phone.

Let’s start with the design. I never used a case on my LG G2. It had an all plastic build, that didn’t feel premium, but was sturdy. I’ve dropped in a few times on the ground with nothing but scratches. On the other hand, I’ve never dropped my OnePLus 5 so far, but most of that is credited to the case I use. In my opinion, it is quite slippery to hold without one.

The LG G2 had a really high screen to body ratio, one of the highest of its time, and it's sad to see LG drift away from that design, as it inspired a lot of phones we have today. Something a lot of people won’t agree with, the button placement on the phones. While the OnePlus 5 definitely has the better buttons with a much better tactile feedback, but the placement at the back of the phone, around the spot where we now have the fingerprint scanner on the OnePlus 5T, was extremely easy to use. This is something all manufacturers should consider moving to larger devices.

The display was great on the LG G2 for its time, not the most saturated or colorful, but not washed out either, LG did a great job here. OnePlus used a Samsung display for the OnePlus 5, so it did a fantastic job here. You won’t be missing the QuadHD display found on other smartphones at all.

Moving on to the software. This is something I enjoyed with this device. Although it didn’t stay on stock for long, it remained one of my favorite ROMs to use, at least in terms of functionality. It had many things that were later natively added to stock android, like split-screen true multitasking, and some that are yet to be added, a navigation button to pull down the notification shade, double tap status bar to lock the device from any screen, ability to take notes anywhere, and more. Sadly, only one of them, split-screen multitasking, has made it to my OnePlus 5, and that too, because it is a part of stock android. We praise OxygenOS to be stock android with nifty additions to make the user experience better, but things like the navigation button to gain access to the notification shade from anywhere, especially since we are moving towards larger displays, is very useful.

Something important to not too many people, Dev support. I used the LG G2 since it had KitKat, and since then, it has had support for custom ROMs even with Oreo. That’s 5 years of software support, where most OEMs still stop at 2! That says quite a bit. Devs would run around to make ROMs for this device as soon as the new android version released. I was on the first testing ROM for Nougat, thanks to crDroid, just two weeks after the Nexus devices got it. Hopefully, things change with Project Treble for newer devices. It’s too soon to say for the OnePlus 5, but it is planned to be released with Treble support, at least with LineageOS, and looking at the history of other OnePlus devices, it seems to be a bright one.

Finally, the Camera. This, was a “meh” to me, on both devices. They were great for Social Media, and the occasional Instagramming, but nothing special. The OnePlus is clearly the better one year with newer hardware, but the software lets it down.

In conclusion, would I still buy the LG G2 if it were available? No. I think today, there is a lot of competition, and despite being a legend of a device, it is not worth it anymore. Had this been 2016, I would definitely have thought about it. Might be me sugarcoating a bit, but the LG G2 performed better than my friend’s Samsung Galaxy S7 on both Marshmallow on Ressurection Remix ROM, and Nougat on crDroid. Few will believe this but I’m only saying what I saw. The OnePlus 5, on the other hand, is a fantastic device and looking at the number of ROMs we have available now, I will be using it for a few years unless I switch to a newer device. Despite the very decent camera performance on the OnePlus 5 and 5T, I would still recommend this phone especially due to the software support from devs. As OEMs keep planning to give up on their devices after a mere two years, it is these devs who will support us until the end of times.
    Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you enjoyed it Would love to know your view on how OnePlus devices stack up against others :D

7. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

MentalDraco , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Well I have mostly used iPhones the past few years so my general experience comes form stacking it up against that.

What do I stack up against them, my OnePlus 5T of course.

1. First of all, well in design it is not very different lets start with that, even if it has it's own touches, the similarities are certainly there, personally it dose not bother me but it dose not excite me either.

I am happy to see that OnePlus still has it's headphone jack big points for that in my book, but I do think a stereo speaker output should have been a consideration as well as some better water resistance rating to ensure better quality and safety of life.

I like the display since iPhones generally all had less then satisfactory displays by comparison, I love the colors, the blacks, now it's not as sharp as a S7 or some other phones with a higher resolution display but unless I look very closely for that difference it is almost impossible to spot.

2. Battery has been most wonderful even if compared to iPhones the 5T seems to start dropping in % faster, in the long run it outlasts them handily in SOT, but even to this day and even if they are old iPhone's, they still have better standby time, but that's android for you. Also the fast charge times has been amazing compared to all my iphones :D

3. Performance was great, fast, fast and faster would be how I would describe it, now there have been some hiccups, thankfully I have not run into any major ones, but I can't say that I had more then with any other previous phone I have had, even my iPhone's jammed, froze or needed a reboot on occasion.

4. The camera has been a mixed bag, even if it takes great shots most of the time, it often goes off and makes a terrible, or amazing depending on your point of view, painting of a picture. Now I would say that when the camera is not acting up it takes very nice pictures, but it's inconsistency is seriously dragging it down.

5. The change from iOS to android and OxygenOS was a wonderful one :D, plenty of freedom to tweak settings, and plenty of features to feel like I am not missing anything. Now I know that some people want feature from this and that phone, but I understand that you can't cram in all the options from all the phones ever made, there has to be some compromise to keep the OS snappy, and snappy it certainly is. And I found I do like tinkering with it, so being able to install stuff like Substratum and adjusting themes and looks was very enjoyable.

Overall I think the 5T is a very good value at the moment, BUT with more and more phones coming up with competitive prices, top of the line specks and modern designs - AND BY THAT I DON'T MEAN THE HIDEOUS NOTCH -, OnePlus needs to also step up and keep working hard if they want to keep their customer around.

8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Mar 19, 2018

Bouncer71 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    I've had iPhones and LGs...
    but what I have been looking for in a phone, they just cloud not deliver...

To me a smartphone has to be a working horse.
    No jailbreak, no root to get rid of all those unnecessary clutter...

Then I litterely stumpled apon the OP 3, when a friend of mine dropped his and shattered it's screen...

it was still functional, and I was astonished about the almost stock Android, the speed and dash charge...

The LG 3G I had at the time , had the best camera on a smartphone I've seen to date, but I rarely photographed with it and I hated the power button on the back...
    The OP3 camera is not as good, but I don't care if snapshots are not so perfect...
    I don't print them anyways and mostly memories are also a bit blurry,. aren't they?

So I decided to get one..
    And a big, fat ugly bumper case...
    Didn't want the screen shatter happen to me...

And it's the best experience I ever had with a smartphone...
    Blazing fast and awesome battery life and useability!
    Minor problems, like Aptx and stuttering playback, that all been fixed...
    And the few times I use the camera, it would be nice to be able to start another camera app, set as default, from the lock screen..

Still have some of the other phones and they spend their lives as Internet radios in various rooms but every once and awhile I suffer errors, even though I don't really use them to full extend..

I even ditched my iPad, cause I didn't use it anymore...

I use the Op3 mostly for browsing (sometimes up to 50 tabs open and no slowdown at all), navigation, remote for and preview images from DSLM, car internet radio, banking, shopping, owncloud, etc...

And of course this forum... &D

Now that all sounds like I'm one of those OnePlus fanboys...
    I'm certainly a fan of the OP3, but the way the new devices are going...
    I don't know...?

OP5 leap not big enough...
    OP5T step in the wrong direction...

Face Unlock, Fingerprint sensor on the back, 18:9 display don't really add any extra useability to me...

On the contrary...
    I use the Fingerprint sensor for a lot of apps and the phone laying down on the table...

As you might've noticed, I don't care about fancy shmanzy extras and all this crying for those features is actually giving me the shivers...

To me it makes no sense to do what everyone else is doing...
    Apple has it, Huawei has it, honor has it...
    Bla, bla, bla...

do your own thing...!

Why should anyone buy OnePlus if it's not indistinguishable from other devices, and maybe in the near future at an equal price...

Right now I'm further going to stick to the device I have till the battery dies down...

And it looks like that'll still be a couple of years... 8D

I will decide then if I'll choose OnePlus again...

Edit:
    I want to add one last thing...

I don't think the camera is all that bad..

if you know how to handle the camera, know a little bit about photography and deal with the flaws, you can shoot fairly nice photos...

Dresa91, Ruby G. and MentalDraco like this.
  9. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2018

geo07 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Well, I will try to be quick. I use both an one plus 5t and the iPhone X. The reason is that in my work everything is on Apple environment so I have no choice. But I'm also an Android fun, especially the close to stock feeling like the oxygen os! I used to own all the one plus devices except the X that I skipped because I felt it wasn't any special.
    The iPhone X is a different kind of device, smaller, more pocketable and great camera shooter. The photos and videos are more detailed and stable in the main phone's app auto mode. I feel the battery life is not as long as the 5t and it takes longer time to charge compared to dash charging . Also the X is heavier even if its size is smaller.
    The 5t feels more joy to use and to customize. It's super fast, scrolling and chatting is great and I love the dark theme, I just hope for more accent colors. Camera is not so bad despite many people complaining about. I have taken many nice pictures with it, in many cases especially indoors,the portrait mode works better than the iPhone ones, just a bit softer sometimes but generally is good. I like the fingerprint scanner option in 5t and the face unlock is a great addition and fast.
    I'm glad I have the chance to use both worlds everyday and 2 of the fastest phones out there. The 5t deserve s every penny and I'm glad I own it!

10. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 19, 2018

GopalB. , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Ok...
    So How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

Let me start with my past...
    I've always used Samsung phones in past...
    Samsung was my gateway to android...
    And I loved its crisp AMOLED panels...

My friends used to have Nokia phones powered by Microsoft and iPhones with iOS... But android always was my favorite... And that was thanks to Samsung...

I was so lost in Samsung that I bought Note 4 when it was announced... And it was so out of my budget... Had to max out my credit card for that...
    And it was my first phone which was so awesome that I could not describe it...

And then came the day... When it decided to die on me... And then came the worst few months of my life!!!
    As my warranty was over, the service center kept dragging the issue from days to weeks to months... I paid them 20~25k ₹ more for repair and replacements and still no luck...

At this point in time I was totally done with expensive phones and so I took my old S4 and installed some custom ROM and used it for a while!!!

I was on the verge of getting a Motorola too... I'm making it sound so bad!!!

But then I saw some random youtuber bragging about OnePlus 5...

And I thought... "I know OnePlus is a great brand and they are giving similar specs compared to top tier flagships for almost half the price"...

So i called all my friends who already owned one OnePlus and got all positive reviews and feedbacks...

And this is how I ended up buying OnePlus 5...

Now I'll answer the question...

OxygenOS
    -> It's one of the best custom Android compared to other brands...
    -> there is nearly no bloatware...
    -> it's customizable...
    -> and it's user friendly...

Performance
    -> latest SoC and 8 GB RAM... That's all you need to know... ;)

Battery
    -> it's not the biggest battery on market... But it's one of the most well managed one...
    -> you can easily get a full day use from a single charge...
    -> ans let's not forget the dash charger...

Camera
    -> as per me this was the only thing where OnePlus was behind few of the brands... But then one day at my friend's wedding... I used the portrait mode for the 1st time... And all my friends were asking me about the phone!!!
    -> but still this is the only thing where OnePlus is lagging as of now...

I'll end my long post here... ;)

The1Lion, Dresa91, Ruby G. and 3 others like this.
  11. Sharran39
    Froyo Mar 19, 2018

Sharran39 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    simply awesome, me an active lover of one plus was an iPhone fan until one plus 5 came into the market
    but then i own an one plus 5t thats a different issue
    i love one plus because it has amazingly smooth os
    nothing can stand upto the oxygen os
    regarding camera it gives the best images in outdoors
    we friends even compete on photos ,
    one plus often wins the outdoor shots
    DASH CHARGING is the best of all
    my device charge upto 50 percent in the time iPhone charges 30 its nearly twice the power
    and the standby easily takes me through a day
    with all day gaming i get 5 hrs on screen time even my friend's note 8 couldn't reach that
    the note 8 always has a power bank woth him like its embedded in his body
    but then i never found a use for powerbank until now
    and the funniest part is he is having naugaut still
    the speed of one plus is amazing everyone gets astonished on the speed of face unlock and finger print reader
    i also like the way we can change the color in the themes
    no others can do that which makes our device look unique and special
    we also have a support section where we could get nearly all issues rectified easily
    and i also believe that oxygen os is a os buid by one plus and developed by the customers
    i still admire the way one plus 5 was given a face unlock just because customers asked for it
    actually to be frank the most shocking thing for my friends in my mobile is i have 38 graphically intensive games they never see anything like that in normal persons smartphone
    which makes me and my mobile to be the best of all
    love you one plus with all of my heart

Dresa91 and Ruby G. like this.
  12. Joehad83
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

Joehad83 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    I was an iPhone user for so long until my last iPhone started slowing down just like any other iPhones, once you reach a certain version of iOS, the phone starts to be slower and slower.

I bought the OnePlus 5T (Sandstone White) the day it was released in the UK.

I was so worried and excited at the same time. I tried to move once before to Android and it was a bad experience.

I received the phone after few days. Few things wasn't available on the phone such as number notifications, Airplay... all of this didn't stop me, this time there was something different about the phone, I starting falling in love with the phone. Used the beta OS, wiped the phone went back to stock, rooted the phone, wiped the phone ... until I realised that I am able to keep the phone rooted but without causing any massive changes to the OS. I only needed airplay to be able to use my WiFi speakers.

I read on this forum about the Camera, the widevine ... and so many other things. But no one was talking about how fast the phone is, how nice it looks, how fast it gets charged. I love my OP 5T (white and red button) it just looks so amazing.

OP will never be able to please everyone, no other company can. I have a colleague who moved from IPhone to Samsung and he hates his Note 8 when I love my 5T.

Thank you OP for the hard work. Thanks for this amazing community.

Come as a stranger, stay as a family member.

Dresa91 and Ruby G. like this.
  13. Punk_69
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

Punk_69 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Firstly, thanks to @Cheetosdust for showing me the link :D

So yes, comparing it with other devices...

Well I'll be taking the OnePlus 3 in consideration

As @Baymax said for the 5t, I'll say for my oneplus 3
    It's nice (and kinda unique too, with a htc vibe)
    Its NOT perfect.

So starting from the looks....
    Well, for the price, and after comparing the looks, I'd say the OnePlus 3 looks good for sure, at least it's not an iPhone clone :rolleyes:

Then comes the screen...
    It's definitely better than most of the other devices around, still it can't beat Samsung :p
    Tbh the brightness outdoors should've been better...
    I haven't faced any burn in issues yet.
    So overall I like the screen
    The fingerprint and capacitive button placement is highly appreciated!! :)

Then, battery
    It's the section where op3 is kinda behind the others, as it was just 3000mAh, and it didn't last that long, but yes kudos to the devs for bringing some battery improvements at least.

Next up, the OS
    This is something that i love a lot!
    The other devices run on heavy "skins" like MiUI, Touchwiz etcetera, which i dont like, but i do love customizations! Oxygen OS does the job nicely.
    It still has some problems here and there, but I don't care.

Next, performance
    Well this is a section where oneplus devices flourish.
    The performance is smooth, and great!!
    My friends say - you have a OnePlus, it won't hang or get stuck anywhere :p
    I don't believe that :rolleyes:, there's a few hiccups as I said.

Next up, the camera....
    The hardware is good, but software , NEIN!!!
    A lot of improvements are needed to make the camera great.
    Well it's good that there's an inbuilt pro mode, but seriously, the software is messed up, and that the devs have stopped working on op3/t camera.
    That's why my main camera app is the Gcam mod.

So in the end, the phone is great, but can be further improved

@Ruby G.

The1Lion, Dresa91, Ruby G. and 4 others like this.
  14. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 19, 2018

DARTH 007 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Hate to disagree on this point of yours

Samsung phone is an object of status,etc,etc...

no way and never will.

Dresa91 likes this.
  15. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 19, 2018

can you send the names of games please.
    I wanna install on mine.

Dresa91 likes this.
  16. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 19, 2018

i still have my note 4.
    and when I use the 5t I feel like breaking the useless junk Samsung into a thousand pieces.
    how has Samsung fooled the customers for so many years ??

Dresa91 likes this.
  17. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    I'm gonna write a bit about the oneplus 5 since I don't own the 5t. I know its very similar (specs wise almost the same, except for the camera system) and in software its nearly identical.

At the time of buying the phone I was comparing it to the major competition on the market. I was also working in a retail store for electronics so the additional discount on other phone brands also made it difficult.

For me the choice was mainly between the Samsung S8 series, a LG V model and the Oneplus 5. Having my Oneplus One I knew what Oneplus was capable off and the software was very clean and slick.

I wanted a good camera, a fast system with high end specs, good battery life and a lot of local storage (preferably ROM instead of a micro SD because of reliability).

Of course the phones listed above offer that and the Samsung had a really nice screen and a great camera. The LG was on the shortlist as well because of the very good dac it offers.

The Samsung S8 I didn't choose because of the software. Although the camera is very good I don't like the skin on android. I worked with it a lot since I did phone tech support as well but didn't like it compared the the clean and fast android on the One.

The choice then was between the LG and the Oneplus phones. I chose the oneplus 5 because of the pricing and the specs(128gb and 8gb ram) together with the great student offer.

To this day I still don't regret the choice. I like the camera (although it's not the best on the market), the DASH charging is amazing and it just never stops running. It always feels fast. It's definitely a phone that I would recommend, even when compared to phones that on paper look better.

Dresa91, Ruby G. and Prateek Kejriwal like this.
  18. Prateek Kejriwal
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2018

Prateek Kejriwal , Mar 19, 2018 :
    This may sound weird but I'm coming from Google Pixel. The reason I went with Pixel was due to it's software. However, hardware was left to be desire. That's when I noticed OnePlus 5. A close to stock Android software in fact better than Pixel in my opinion. Better specifications than Google Pixel. That's when I decided to buy OnePlus 5.

The only department where the OnePlus 5 falls short is in the camera department. However, this is somewhat expected at it's price point although not completely since the company's Moto is NEVER SETTLE.

Fc København and Dresa91 like this.
  19. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

malidan , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Agreed the LG G2 was a true great device, no hype and just got the job done with the minimum of issues.
    I ran the G2 and the OPO at the same time and the G2 was overall the better device.
    Infact the biggest issue I've had with it since 2013 was what to flash on it.
    Fun fact was the selfie gesture on stock, I had loads of fun in da clubs with the gals using the that.
    It' still running now in the hands of my daughter on 8.1 Oreo.

The1Lion, Dresa91 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  20. Sharran39
    Froyo Mar 20, 2018

Sharran39 , Mar 20, 2018 :
    i will say some best picks
    free fire
    dungeon hunter 5
    tekken
    asphalt 8
    modern combat
    plants vs zombies 2
    angry birds
    the bard's tale (paid)
    shadow fight 3
    world war heros
    nova legacy
    injustice 2

CAUTION: These games will eat up ur time just have a check over ur watch frequently

Prateek Kejriwal and Dresa91 like this.