[Let's Talk] How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

1. Sharran39
    Froyo Mar 21, 2018

Sharran39 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    ya how did i miss that

2. Manish2221
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

Manish2221 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Dear OnePlus Team,
    kudos to Everyone for their innovative approach for making Smartphone Experience wonderful and reliable for Customer.

keep improving by each passing day and we continue to put forth love towards your Company.

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. Ambharish
    Froyo Mar 21, 2018

Ambharish , Mar 21, 2018 :
    I own a OnePlus5t and Everyone get these points in their mind before thinking to get a phone :

1) Brand and service centres - This is 3rd recognised feature which everyone wants before getting a mobile. And OnePlus does offer a good service and there are good numbers of service centres all over India.

2)DASH CHARGING - the main unbeatable feature of OnePlus and the highlighting feature , which everyone recognises first.

3) Fastest Face Recognition - The instant unlocking surprises and me as a marathon runner gets sweat and my finger print doesn't recognise and this face recognition ultimately being the best alternative for the fastest unlocking. And for those who uses gloves face recognition helps and is too more secured. Even in night time it's detecting my face. So everyone thinks this 2nd highlighting feature before getting a phone.

4) Premium segment - Since Oneplus comes with a metallic body and doesn't come with plastic body , the feel of the mobile is kind of premium and not plastic .

5) Camera - Many said me OnePlus 5t's camera is giving best results so they say they are thinking to get this phone. This means people are attracted to get this phone because of camera. And also the unbeatable feature of video software stabilisation is been considered.

6) Battery backup - the sixth considered point is in the premium segment smartphones , this Oneplus 5t stands in the 2nd place with good battery backup .

7) Updates - The future updates in the OnePlus devices are sometimes giving surprising features Like the face recognition feature for OnePlus 5 , total gesture control for 5t instead of navigation bar etc., These makes the customers more comfortable and feel their mobile is not outdated soon. Still they can feel their old model is also giving best in the market segment.

8) UI - Everyone like stock android and this Oxygen Os is more of stock based but gives more charming features like double tap , and the other gesture features make the people to get attracted towards OnePlus and also once they get this OnePlus device they want to stay up with the same Oneplus community and this is all because of this customised ui , and also because of EASE OF INSTALLATION OF CUSTOM ROM WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY.(this feature is considered by a group of youngsters mainly and not among everyone).

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Another Asian Guy
    Froyo Mar 21, 2018

Another Asian Guy , Mar 21, 2018 :
    My first phone was a Samsung Galaxy S+, then I switched to MotoX and then a Moto G4Plus. I was a big fan of Motorola at that time since it was so reliable. I always used to buy in the range of 16k-20k (INR) but it was time for me to switch the class and I wanted to go for something that was reliable, yet stylish. I thought of going for iPhone or Pixel series but they were too costly, then I heard about the OnePlus 5T launch, I read the reviews, the specs and the price was one third of that of an iPhone X! I was pretty amazed and ordered it the day it went on sale, since then I have come to love this device. It's quick, looks good, camera is good, face unlock works 8/10 times and a bit of a letdown was the back panel being scratched away by the cover being provided by the company itself.
    *Most* of you will say that the camera is average, trust me people, I have used some other phones and it's a lot better but if you want the performance to be around Pixel or iPhoneX, get ready to pay thrice the amount!! LoL.
    I've become a fan of OnePlus and have recommended it to many people, my dad's gonna buy the OnePlus 6.
    I've seen people writing stuff about the phone on the community but I myself, never found a single bug, except that on the Beta updates and that's completely alright! I have always rooted my phones and used Cutom ROMs but with the Oxygen OS I didn't feel the need and that's perhaps my favourite thing about OnePlus in general, the battery lasts long, no bloatware, amazing speed, slick launcher; what else could you want from a phone at this price range?
    NEVER SETTLE.

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. 1plusKenyan
    Eclair Mar 21, 2018

1plusKenyan , Mar 21, 2018 :
    I have never used an android device until I bought a OnePlus 3t. This happened to be my 1st android device having used a windows phone. I am a late bloomer in the Android sphere. Yap people still chuckle when I tell them this.

I stumbled on OnePlus by chance. I wanted an Android device that was close to stock android and this to me was the Holy Grail. The UI was simple and the navigation was a walk in the park. I had interacted with a few Android devices (courtesy of my friends and colleagues) and to be honest I found the UI too clattered and all over the place which did not win me over, but after having seen reviewers reviewing the OnePlus 3T I thought One Plus has finally pulled off what other smartphone OEMs took for granted; simplicity. The Oxygen OS literally breathes life into this device. That for me right there got me hooked.

So I was already sold on simplicity. The next thing was the design and colors. I would ogle on how good and simple it looks from photos; I wanted to touch it and hold it. It looked and felt sleek and premium and one year down the line it still does. To date friends and colleague still admire it. The interesting bit is that most people don't know that it's a OnePlus and in a way, I like it that way since the mystery it offers to onlookers makes me feel like I have something of value and unique.

Then there is that camera. I have always thought only Nokia had the best cameras on phones probably why it took me longer to cross over. Am not saying that OnePlus has the ultimate camera, but the photos I have taken with the 3T have been spectacular to say the least. A few months ago I was at Diani beach in my home country Kenya and I got to take a picture of a shell on the beach whilst the tide was coming in. That just cemented my love for the camera. Family and friends envy the camera on my OnePlus 3t that more often than usual they prefer using it to take photos.

Of course there is the dash charge which by far is second to none. Gone are the days I would leave my phone charging overnight. Nowadays, I just plug it in when I wake up and by the time am leaving the house for work I have a full charge which brings me to the battery life and optimization. It is amazing how I can last a day on a single full charge yet my friends are constantly plugging their phones to charge throughout the day.

I can go on and on, but for now simplicity, design, camera, and battery.

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Y1521613140660
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

Y1521613140660 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    please give update to camera
    --no slim face feature
    --in selfie mode faces becomes very fat

others
    I installed outlook , notifications are not displaying
    status bar is very important .

please update these featured

7. NekoKunSama
    Eclair Mar 21, 2018

NekoKunSama , Mar 21, 2018 :
    I use my one plus 5 all the time for calling text internet and sometimes taken photos and play games from time to time but I love it over all :D

8. shivpkapila
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

shivpkapila , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Currently i am having 5T as my daily driver from the last 3 odd months and before that i almost used all the one plus devices and before 5T one plus 3 was the best device for me not just because it has all the ingredients for being high end smartphone but also with the price to performance ratio that is almost the best in the market since the launch of one plus one.

Before one plus 3 i was one of the biggest fan of samsung phones and at that time when 3 launched i owned note 4 which is still a great phone from Samsung but the difference actually starts when one uses this deamon device everything means everything which one put to the phone it just flies and with the day to day tasks its not getting slower like other high end smartphones instead it gets on improving like the old wine.

Almost all the flagship comes with the same specs like processor , ram , cameras and all that hardware stuff but the actual difference lies in the hand of an end user where not just the specifications make the difference but also the performance that has no measurement tools.

These are the questions arises and their answer is given by not one plus but their devices answerd it automatically.
    1. Performance on the basis of daily tasks.
    2. every user has his own way of using the device and in every case i don't think that any one of them is not happy with it instead all of them are satisfied.
    3. Simplicity at best:- Clean software without clutter that makes it one of the peer competition Pixel devices with handfull of usefull gestures only that one used once and never turns them off.
    4. Cost:-- That is the main reason why one plus succeeds everytime when we compare it with other devices even a person with less money can use it.

As always said one plus is designed be us.

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. Razvan B.
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

10. zheyong
    Froyo Mar 21, 2018

zheyong , Mar 21, 2018 :
    I've started the path of Android OS since the first and oldest HTC desire (they used to thrive in touch screen tech industry, before the smartphone revolution took over), everything is so connected over-the-network compare with the Symbian OS since Symbian is conservative that most of the stuff is stuck in offline world.

Get back to the story, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, that is a revolutional phase of Android time, Samsung handled the stock ROM with quite plenty useful features; yes I love all sorts of fancy functions and features I can crack my head into, but I don’t feel like in-control, it’s like one hand being tied up while sailing my flagship (Back then Samsung TouchWiz is full of pre-installed bloatware). Yes we can do our flashaholism techie thingy, but let’s be honest I’ll eventually sticked back to the stock one due to its stability.

“Can’t we just have something from stability and both hands on wheel”

I felt we were bound by limitations before we were showed to a cleaner and lighter footprint of stock Android OS. Oneplus almost got it in their One machine, with Cyanogenmod pre-build, designed for Oneplus One, and the internet broke out a little bit. Then they have their in-house Oxygen in the Two, which bring it closer to stock OS until now.

I was amazed by the predecessor, and still is towards the descendents. Looking forward to the 6.

#Neversettle

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. pinto123
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2018

pinto123 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    To be honest, our OP 5 has no comparison just like us humans. Each are unique and different from the each other.

The beauty is oxygen os which evolves as per its owner who uses it. It's worth noting that the performance varies from owner to owner.

Coming to hardware, yes it's not perfect yet but finished and we like it the way it is! some more fights are to be fought with hardware and software to come to terms and achievements as per our needs, which again varies from time to time.

"OP5ive" as I call it, is a tremendous device, be it performance, camera, battery, reliability, quality and support.

The real OP's, the original idea of price needs to be reviewed by OP for sheer benefit to the users who stood strongly with you when started in 2014, the base idea needs to looked and honored by oem. The price and performance must not be compromised, for whatever reasons.

Performance
    It's actually dependant on the user entirely, for a normal usage, it's one of the best of the best here. Even high end phones run slow here at the price point op5 is. But still some fear and needs are met by other competitors like Mi, where device features steal the deal and of course price.

Battery
    Yes, an excellent results here, powerful Dash charger backed by quality battery, the combination is deadly here. Absolute winner, hands down.

Reliability
    This is the departure where OP needs to polish more, yes the device starting from op1, the reliability is tremendously agreed. This section is never compromised by oem, which is really appreciated. I do. And yes, we can't forget the reliability of oxygenos, which has evolved so much from op1 times. One of the best mobile OS out there.

Even competitors are closer in this aspect if not better. But OP stands out as it's community driven, not one way like it's competitors. "YOU LISTEN TO US AND ACT"

Quality
    Here OP wins at larger level only for its uncompromising attitude toward quality. There are areas where you need work, but for now you are at best here.
    Some notes are that OP needs to look at inventing rather than trying to just copy. Yes technology is something which is all about borrowing and developing as needed, but replication is a BIG NO.
    INVENT, YOU WILL GAIN FAR...

Support
    This is one sensitive topic which all OEMs suffer. Oneplus is no better nor less. Needs to work on lot of support issues. Yes you listen but not fully is what u feel.

Finally
    Camera
    This is something which all will look forward to. The first thing anyone would ask is how is camera? Yes, new models will have initial attractions on camera performance but how it improves by times is the question I have, which applies to OP camera. The quality and clarity what an image requires must be justified by any camera, OP is no exception here. Needs loads of improvement but neither it is bad. It's does the job to certain of quality but may not satisfy everyone.

Here OP has to address two category of users, 1. Just users 2. Pro users. Some are in both which is not the question here.

Normal users (so called) are who do not get into deeper as long as their selfie and daily captures are good enough and other side the pro are the ones who are masters of imagery here, who really take a deep dive into camera performance and it's hardware, how the potential of the hardware is used, so deep they go in. This is the crowd OP needs satisfy. That is the challenge to be taken on!

Even Samsung took time till s7 and s8 to come to performance level which is expected by users like us. I am not going talk about iPhone here which is also similar. Yes both shine high in terms of camera and performance, but OP5 can beat the hell out of them anytime anywhere, everywhere. Yeeaaaahhhhhhh..

ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು
    Thank you for reading, I just let me & myself speak here.

@Ruby G.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

albin.emmanuel , Mar 21, 2018 :
    It's nearing 2 yrs since i've started the journey with my OnePlus 3. So far it's amazing like the device itself. Here's what i think of it at it's 2nd birthday.[e]1f609[/e]

Well, well, well we've a 3.5 headphone jack. Isn't that obvious, no one with brains will omit it in 2016/17, and 2018.[e]1f601[/e]

The looks, huh... It's killing me. The device look so damn good, amazing craftsmanship. This is how you make phones, Micromax you hearing ? Make at least one phone an year of your own. The all metal design with this Graphite colour looks perfect for a phone.

Does it look better than Samsung galaxy s9.
    The infinity display in Galaxy s9 is incredible. That's all i think. Rest all i'll give it to OnePlus 3. Even the 1080p AMOLED panel of OP3 looks great.

Ok everyone knows the phones internals are top notch. So let's talk about some of its under rated feature, the camera.
    The camera itself is actually pretty good and iv'e managed to capture really good shots with it. OIS helps a lot in stabilization and low light. Still has many room for improvement.

Now the features that i love most, Dash charging and Alert slider.
    It charges 2% every minute, and that's super fast. Faster than any other fast charging technique till now.
    The alert slider always comes in handy for me. Just a flick of switch can navigate you through Ring, DND, and Silent. Always helps me a lot.

I love stock android looks, and that's why i love Oxygen OS. Oxygen OS is clean, refined and beautiful. It has minor tweaks which for me makes it even better than stock android. Gestures, navigation button options, status bar tweaks everything comes handy.
    OnePlus does come up with regular updates minor tweaks and security patches. I hope it continues.

Overall i really love my device. OnePlus really is a great company that always keep in touch with their customers and delivers what they want.
    The OnePlus 3 doesn't have any gimmicky features like some other devices out their but it ticks almost all the necessary boxes for an ideal smartphone more than any other device at this price.

So my journey continues with my favourite gadget and hope it continoues atleast till OnePlus 6. OnePlus 7 maybe if 3 still runs great.

Well hopefully some OnePlus which doesn't have a notch but small bezels with front firing speakers.[e]1f60a[/e]
    Make it, we don't want gimmicky all displays but needs what matters.

Thank you guys.
    Thank you OnePlus.
    #NeverSettle

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. sai333prakash
    Eclair Mar 21, 2018

sai333prakash , Mar 21, 2018 :
    by camera wise and by oxugen software

14. ValyK4_1
    Eclair Mar 21, 2018

ValyK4_1 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    My oneplus 5 is great , its biggest flaw is that the camera paint started to chip but thats not that big of a problem so.. i love my oneplus. Best beast i ever had.

15. Bhargav_King
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

Bhargav_King , Mar 21, 2018 :
    previous i used a moto G5 plus it was great for that price a good camera and had a better stock android experience
    Before I've used an iphone 6 , but not a great fan of iphone
    here comes to Oneplus
    I'm currently using a OnePlus 5T had a fantastic experience

stock Os was very fluid than any android phone I've ever used ( like lg v30 etc, )

BATTERY :

battery backup is great , I'm quite a gamer love to play games all the time[e]1f44c[/e] and it comes around 8 hours with a little heat ofcourse
    who else can talk about that dash charge its really damn fast

CAMERA :

many of users have a problem can't talk about it
    but it is OK

RAM management was great...
    Face lock was very cool....
    accessories had a great quality and
    Flagship killer[e]270c[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f463[/e]

ONEPLUS
    *NEVER SETTLE*
    Thanks for this @Ruby G.

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. vipulmehta_
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

vipulmehta_ , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Phone Perfection - When uh go for other devices, they are more to have just fancy features rather than concentrating on the one which are actually useful to the customer or user. Smartphones are basic need of every person and should be one to make their life easy rather than complication. And this is the point where oneplus rocks. Every feature of oneplus phones whether its display or design or its specification are because of so much purpose and the user interface is so simple and clean thats simple makes user experience superb.
    And most importantly build quality, you feel like you are carrying a valuable phone while holding a oneplus device.

Accessory - I am using OnePlus Bamboo cover for my OnePlus 3 and even after using it for more than 1 Year, I feel so great to see it and different. Every other phone user who sees this cover asks me the same question - Where did uh get this cool cover from ? And I have the same answer it is oneplus special and that actually makes me feel special. I have also used OnePlus icon and the sound quality at the prevailing price is so good. Bass trebble everything is just perfect.

Life - Its been more 1.5 years of usage of my oneplus phone and I am a open beta user than even till a date I havent gad any lag or slow down issues which I had on previous samsung phones which half a year.

Service - I totally live the oneplus service. I accidently broke my oneplus display but as it was cover under oneplus servify insurance, I got it replaced within 2 days at cost of only Rs 2500 where its actual cost was around 9000. And yes that insurance was totally free with my phone.

Value - Oneplus never decreases the price of their smartphones and thats really good. It feels so bad when price of your phone that has been launched just 5-6 months back and u purchased it is being decreased by 20-30% within 5-6 months. But oneplus has a track record of never decreasing price except giving special offer on launch purchase of device.

Community - Oneplus do take care of their community and listen and incorporate their suggestion in tyeir phone which is really good. It feels like family.

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. F_Ramesh_Gowda_N_LGnK
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

18. Meet@321
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2018

Meet@321 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    The device you carry in your pocket says something about you. In the last few years I had two OnePlus phones, the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 5T, and another Android phone, the Samsung S8+. With the Samsung, you get the looks; you get the unquestionable eyes on your hand when you take your phone out of your pocket.

With the OnePlus phones, you get something else: you get your heart on the device every time you use it.

I’m not going to turn this into a war between devices, but I’ll write that at the end of the day, from my own experience, the Galaxy S8+ is a phone that are used for others and the OnePlus is a phone used by - and for - me. And this means that the Samsung is an object of status, lust and even maybe jealousy. My favourite OnePlus device is a phone that I can rely on, a piece of technology that practically never let me down.

I’m not going to write it’s perfect, because it’s not; I’m not going to write that the Galaxy is not a good phone, because it is. However, to understand these phones you have to use them, you have to actually experience what they can do for you, with you.

Maybe you’re thinking I’m writing about my OnePlus 5T. I’m not. I’m actually writing about my OnePlus 3. The screen and the camera are better on the S8+, obviously, but the performance and the clean almost stock experience gave me a better understanding of what an Android phone can be. For me, that phone was like a clean slate on the Android scene - before the OnePlus 3 I was using an iPhone 6, and at the time, that phone was not exactly a budget phone.

It’s funny, you know, I fell in love with it, the first OnePlus device I used extensively, because after one, two, six months, reaching for the pocket, reaching for the device that was there, I was reaching for something made for me, for my experience, not so that others could look at it and drool.

There something I called the outer experience - looks, status, etc - and something that’s actually what matters to me: the performance behind the screen. What a workhorse that phone was - and still is. I feel like I could just put my SIM card on it and continue where I left. I know exactly how that that phone was going to perform, because the way he did almost since it was launched.

The Android competition I used have more options, like a Swiss Army Knife, it can do almost everything, but my favorite OnePlus device does few, but better. You have to choose the right device for your pocket and I’m sure other brands are better than OnePlus for certain pockets. But for me, the user who wants a phone that runs alongside my needs, the brand with the plus and the square is the one for now.

19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 21, 2018

Cheetosdust , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Oh, I like this post. I like it a lot. In fact, I like it so much I couldn't write a better one.

dsmonteiro and meatandy like this.
  20. artloverjv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2018

artloverjv , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Hey @Ruby G. Thanks for this opportunity.
    My favorite OnePlus device is actually OP5, which I also own. Sure, it doesn't come in a wide number of varieties like the 5T. But it still can give a good competition to any phone out there if not beat them, even after over 8 months of launch. I was a constant Samsung and Sony user before I got my OnePlus 5.
    The biggest difference for me was the Dash Charge. You don't know how much I love it. It's so amazing. I used to keep my Sony phone on charging the whole night, only to be ditched by it at some point of the day. The Samsung one was a bit better, but nowhere close to what my OnePlus can do. I just charge my phone while I'm getting ready for college, and boom, there's the 70% charge for my whole day. And I don't need to charge it till the very next day. And yes, I do play games and stuff but somehow it manages to survive a whole day without charging.
    Another great thing is the performance. I mean, you get 8 GB RAM and SD 835 to create a phone that has no limits when it comes to performance. It may sound silly to some, but I think that the OP5 will still give a tough competition to the 2019 flagships, performance wise.
    The Camera is Amazing too. It was the first time an OP device had a dual camera. And TBH, It was a bit glitchy at the beginning. But thanks to the regular updates from OnePlus, the camera clicks some of the best pictures now (Don't believe me? Check out the photography section in the forum).
    This brings me to my last point. Updates! Some may not agree with me, but I think that OnePlus devices get the most updates so that the users can get new features at the earliest. Sure there may be a couple of bugs sometimes, but they are removed as soon as they're discovered. A big thanks to the Software development team of OnePlus.

meatandy and Ruby G. like this.