[Let's Talk] How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

1. gneitingable
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2018

gneitingable , Mar 21, 2018 :
    There are a few hardware changes that I would like to see happen in the future that other smartphones have. Here they are!

First- The Feels

Personally I love the feel of the phone, I'ts super smooth! but is that a good thing? One advantage to having a metal back phone is to not have a case on it all the time. I feel like I need to put a case on it just to make it hold-able. I know this doesn't seem to matter as anyone who buys a phone anymore seems to buy a case with the phone. When was the last time you saw a naked phone? I hope I don't sound too much like a pervert in saying that I like nude phones. I want to be able to show them off! (Ok, too far...) What I am trying to say is SANDSTONE!

Second- Dual Front Facing Speakers

Sound Quality is important to me. I love having friends and family gathering around to watch a precious moment or to watch the latest popular video stream. I have noticed the latest trend in other phones have gone to a dual speaker set. I love how loud my OnePlus 5 gets but the lack of sound quality from a single speaker, not to mention bottom facing, is dropping below standards and trends. I am also not a fan of cupping the bottom of my phone so that others can hear better. This will be difficult as bezels are a thing of the past and dual speakers is one more thing that limits the bezel-less design. I think that bezels are fine. Give me what will work best and not what looks the best. Sony is still doing this, Google is still doing it.

Third- Waterproofing

This is comparing to pretty much all other major phone companies now. Let's get a IP65 rating at least. That may be hard but it is one of those things on my list of complaints that other phones have. This will provide a comfort to those who have lost a phone to water damage. I feel like my OnePlus 5 can take some water here and there but if you slap an IP rating, it will compare to other devices.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 21, 2018

3. J1521437239157
    Donut Mar 21, 2018

J1521437239157 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Hello this is sanjog bhutada..
    I recently purchased oneplus 5T.
    previously I was using a samsung model. Its been a pleasure to use this phone.
    1) its 18:9 screen ratio just pulls you in to a new world.
    2) Awesome sound quality.
    3) The face unlock feature is damn fast plus fingre unlock for night purpose or in dark.
    4)The feel of the phone is the best.
    5) I am fond of photography and the camera is just perfect for that purpose. The dual camera , the slo-mo videos , the low light clicks just took my heart.
    6)The gaming experience is great.

the ICING on the cake is dash charging whick makes my day great.

In short "" It is the value for the money""

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 22, 2018

Plenkske and Cheetosdust like this.
  5. Deepu.Nalamparth
    Donut Mar 22, 2018

Deepu.Nalamparth , Mar 22, 2018 :
    i was planning to upgrade from my existing mobile to a better mobile. I did plenty of web search and took reviews of many mobiles. OnePlus was never in my radar and I had finalised one particular brand. a chance conversation and I took review of OnePlus. it was love at first sight. now I recommend this mobile phone to everyone.

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Juss_dhillon
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2018

7. Kuntarvishnu41
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2018

Kuntarvishnu41 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    I used to change my devices every 6 months, had some galaxy series, LG g5 nexus 5x lumia 1020 and some more..
    It's been 9-10 months from the day I bought this phone.. It doesn't feel old yet.. So thinking if continuing the same for an year or 2.. This would be the phone which I had for the longest period of time.! That's awesomeness of you.. Well I have my Op5.. And my friend has a galaxy s8.
    I like both the phones very much..
    But in terms of speed and low animations I love Op5.
    And moreover the fingerprint sensor placement there was pathetic.
    I always wished I had that kind of display in my Op5.
    The battery backup was way more better than that of galaxy s8.
    And he was stunned while seeing me loading every app very fast (though I had set animation to 0.5 in developers options.. He kept on saying if he set that in his phone it looks pathetic)..
    I'm happy [e]1f60a[/e]
    Even though phone lags on some features like better camera, better display, water resistant ratings. Phone does other things pretty well..
    I won't ask for wireless charging.. I think it's just an extra stupid tech implementation. And moreover if you implement that u need to put a plastic or glass back.. Which I dint like..
    All I expect in next phone is to have a good display and better camera and lenses..
    Thank you [e]1f60a[/e]
    When I bought this phone.. Everyone used to say many bugs.. But I never experienced such bugs.. Well may be I didn't care coz I always used to run beta OS on the phones.. And the phone was pretty much stable.. I was literally shocked when the phone was capable of doing so many things... And I used to read those kernels u used to opensource..
    All I felt with this devi is.. "it's not perfect.. But I do only small things.. I mostly need a performance.. I hardly take pictures.. Play games or watch movies.. So display and camera is not that required.." but phone covered pretty well

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018

8. Q1521711208312
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2018

9. Q1521711208312
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2018

Q1521711208312 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    where is service centre I am in cumbum, Andhra Pradesh Prakasam district original original oneplus 5, how much

10. EcoVB
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2018

EcoVB , Apr 18, 2018 :
    My favourite OP device: the OnePlus One
    Its competitor: the Nokia 7 plus

My impression:
    It's amazing how just 330€ could get you pretty much the exact same experience four years ago, like they can get you now.
    There is literally no difference in userexperience between these two 350€ devices. Just that the OPO with CM 14.1 is 4 years older and way more customizable.
    I'm a bit dissapointed by the tech industry. You had 4 years and nothing has improved! In fact, Android One has even less functions than the 2 years old Cyanogen Mod.
    What have you google-guys been doing all these years!?!

11. F_Mayank_Jindal_bzdh
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2018

F_Mayank_Jindal_bzdh , Apr 19, 2018 :
    Now i talk about the favourte one plus device comparison with the other smartphone that i like and how op is better than my favourite smartphone.

First thing is my favourite one plus device is one plus 5t that i currently used and it becomes my favourite smartphone i never use this type of phone previously. My experience is highly excellent. This phone makes my life the phone doesnt hang even apple hang too much now but one plus 5t dont hanged.

I wanted a good camera, a fast system with high end specs, good battery life and a lot of local storage (preferably ROM instead of a micro SD because of reliability).

Of course the phones listed above offer that and the Samsung had a really nice screen and a great camera. The LG was on the shortlist as well because of the very good dac it offers.

The Samsung S8 I didn't choose because of the software. Although the camera is very good I don't like the skin on android. I worked with it a lot since I did phone tech support as well but didn't like it compared the the clean and fast android on the One.

The choice then was between the LG and the Oneplus phones. I chose the oneplus 5t because of the pricing and the specs(128gb and 8gb ram) together with the great student offer.

To this day I still don't regret the choice. I like the camera (although it's not the best on the market), the DASH charging is amazing and it just never stops running. It always feels fast. It's definitely a phone that I would recommend, even when compared to phones that on paper look better.

I like this device too much and thanks @Rubi g for giving me such opportunity to write this thread.

Thank you

12. cbakker76
    Donut May 31, 2018

13. jaimejimegon
    Honeycomb May 31, 2018

jaimejimegon , May 31, 2018 :
    If you have enabled 3-finger gesture for screenshots, that could be the problem

14. cbakker76
    Donut May 31, 2018

cbakker76 , May 31, 2018 :
    yes, that's what I suspected too

jaimejimegon likes this.
  15. jaimejimegon
    Honeycomb May 31, 2018

When this option is enabled, the maximum touching points detected are 3, and if the phone detects 3 fingers, it just activate the screenshot, the webpage or app does not recognize the touches.

16. cbakker76
    Donut May 31, 2018

cbakker76 , May 31, 2018 :
    I think you need to swipe for the screenshot. I'm not swiping and not making screenshots. seems like a bug.

17. jaimejimegon
    Honeycomb May 31, 2018

Yes, if you don't swipe, the screenshot is not taken, but when you touch the screen with 3 fingers, it won't do anything but wait for that swiping gesture. If you need to use 3 or more fingers you need to deactivate that option, is not a bug but a design decision, to avoid errors.

18. surjit Sharma
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

19. cbakker76
    Donut Jul 8, 2018