[Let's Talk] If you could design a line of accessories for your OnePlus device...

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Feb 14, 2019

Ruby G. , Feb 14, 2019 :
    This is really really cool, bunty! The cost to implement would be insane but maybe in the future when such technologies are more common place :D (or you should start a startup that makes these hehe)

buntycubal likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 14, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Based on your previous #PMChallenge thread, I think you forgot to mention one essential feature.

buntycubal likes this.
  3. buntycubal
    Marshmallow Feb 14, 2019

buntycubal , Feb 14, 2019 :
    yes now that's a cool modification on backpack , suitable for school & colleges...

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  4. xcamden
    Donut Mar 5, 2019

xcamden , Mar 5, 2019 :
    Some sort of hoodie would be cool.

Or a dock to use your phone as an on the go desktop.

5. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2019

f1982 , Apr 1, 2019 :
    I'm not here for the long explanations, what i'd want and actually buy, in terms of accessories for a OnePlus device would be:

• A case with integrated battery where the phone intelligently and automatically manages the battery levels for you between the two, and reports the battery level of both the internal and external battery. Also reports the 'available' usage time left in the battery settings as the total available, not just what's on the internal. Must have minimal bezels and use a USBC connector on the bottom which doesn't add a huge chin. It needs to look good too, just make the phone a bit thicker. I'd seriously consider adding this to my OP7 order if it were under £100.
    • An external battery pack which can support Warp charge. Ideally, assuming full VOOC (50W+) is coming, then make it support that as it's maximum but intelligently provide the output which is relevant to what's plugged in. So if it's a OP7 with Warp 50 (please) then thats the output. If a OP6 is plugged in, then Dash is the output. etc
    • After 2 sensible options, I have to throw something in there a bit odd, but still on the theme of power. A kinetic charger. How about something that you can carry which uses the movement of your body to charge your phone. So as you're walking around it charges up a small battery which when plugged into your phone would give it a little boost periodically. Different, but a similar concept to kinetic watches which use your arms movement turning a pendulum to generate power which keeps the watch going and it never needs a battery.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019

6. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2019

f1982 , Apr 1, 2019 :
    I'm definitely on board for Warp+Dash compatible power bank. Although if they did make one, it would be just that - one. It'd have to be something like 10000mAh to suit most users. Making 3 different models would just make the cost too high. And realistically who would buy a low capacity power bank (under 5000mAh) if there was a higher one available. They're a bit of a pain to have to carry around and remember to charge, so if you need extra power then you probably want lots of it.

7. oscarrpl
    Donut May 29, 2019

oscarrpl , May 29, 2019 :
    For this post, I have considered the technologies OnePlus has already developed and integrated them into a family of accessories that would significantly increase user engagement as well as user satisfaction.

With this in mind, this is how you can have my money (seriously please make this):

The OnePlus Audiophile series

IMG_20190528_210317_opt.jpg IMG_20190528_212940_opt2.jpg IMG_20190528_215405_opt.jpg IMG_20190528_215629_opt.jpg

OnePlus Audiophile Cube:
    This would be a gorgeous minimalist cube speaker with the following components:
    -3.5 in. diameter speaker (8~9cm)
    -Dash/Warp Charge
    -Bluetooth 5.0+ connectivity
    -Power capacity of 10,000-20,000+? mAh
    -USB Type-C dock for your phone
    -USB outlets to charge more than one device
    -Magnetic dock for True Wireless Bullets
    -Ambient mic for voice commands
    -Touch volume controls
    -Google Assistant + Google Home
    -Qi-standard wireless charge pads on the sides

Quick drawing:
    IMG_20190528_210317_opt.jpg
    OnePlus Companion Cube:
    The Companion Cube would work as a standalone bluetooth speaker + powerbank bundle,
    or synchronize with an Audiophile Cube for stereo/surround sound system.

Specs:
    -3.5 in. diameter speaker (8~9cm)
    -Dash/Warp Charge
    -Bluetooth 5.0+ connectivity (can synchronize with other companion or audiophile cubes for stereo/surround sound settings)
    -Power capacity of 10,000-20,000+? mAh
    -USB outlets to charge more than one device
    -Ambient mic for voice commands
    -Touch volume controls
    -Google Assistant + Google Home
    -Qi-standard wireless charge pads on the sides
    IMG_20190528_212940_opt2.jpg

True Wireless Bullets:

These would be basically the heads of the current bullets + a little cylinder tail for battery + directional mic. (think airpods), without the annoying neckband.

Specs:
    -Warp Charge - 3 hrs of music in 5 mins of charge
    -3.5-4 hrs of play time per charge
    ->9000 hrs (It's a lot, you do the math) of total playtime with the Audiophile Cube
    -<100mAh per bullet (don't need much battery since you can Warp Charge with the Audiophile Cube)
    Need to charge all of them? You can charge all your devices at the same time.
    Dock your True Wireless Bullets, your OnePlus phone to the Audiophile Cube, and link your Audiophile/Companion Cubes with the Qi-standard charging pads to charge them all at the same time.

IMG_20190528_215405_opt.jpg

Additionally, this would pave the way for you to implement wireless charging in your next gen phone.
    IMG_20190528_215629_opt.jpg

Need a project manager to make it happen?
    Contact me :)

ADNAN2099 likes this.
  8. C1558404226277
    Donut May 31, 2019

C1558404226277 , May 31, 2019 :
    I been searching for earphone adapter cable for Op7pro from last 8-9 days and still they are out of stock on official OP site. Any other site from which I can get these?!?

9. Thomas smet
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

Thomas smet , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know if they'll launch a flipcover for the op7? It would be really good to protect my new phone during work...

Thanks

athar13 likes this.
  10. Prilla
    Eclair Aug 1, 2019

Prilla , Aug 1, 2019 :
    My Accessories would be:

1. A Dock where i can Charge my OP7Pro and while it Charges it shows me the Google Assistant Ambiente Mode - wich is currently under developement when you belive the roumors. Or it shows something like the Pixel 3 with the Pixel stand!

2. A Warp Charge 30 car charger with built microphones and a bluetooth connection. So when I connect my Phone via Bluetooth it works like the ANKER Roav Bolt and you can youse the Google Assistant in your car - just like a Google Home mini [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f44c[/e]

athar13 and C1558404226277 like this.