[Let's Talk] Name one thing that you would do as OnePlus CEO

1. mkroshana
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

2. nandhan.nandhan
    Froyo Jul 30, 2018

nandhan.nandhan , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Launch 2 models in same time for a year , one plus 7 & one plus 7 miNi(5 inch without notch display same hardware op7 )
    Add Missing harware feature
    1. IR
    2.SD CARD SLOT SEPARATELY
    3. wireless warp charge
    4. serio speakers
    & continue the reasonable price.

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2018

elanglois , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Glass back is for gigabit LTE and other wireless signals. It's not for your silly wireless charging.

4. zepphead
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2018

zepphead , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Always great talking to you @BobbyVK !!

NeVeR_SeTTLe and BobbyV8_ like this.
  5. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 30, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe and zepphead like this.
  6. iegsaan
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

iegsaan , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I am really sorry if people feel my idea is not good but I can guarantee that it will boost sales every two years and the company will know it will have a definite influx of money for upgraded mobile. if people think I am trying to sell car no I am not. all I want is for the company to try my idea and see if it will fail. I know it will work as I tried it on a product I was selling and I made good money till the product went out of fasion

7. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

Mr. BG , Jul 30, 2018 :
    My whinging bores you, your passive aggressiveness bores me

let's agree to ignore each other.

NeVeR_SeTTLe, binky and Bouncer71 like this.
  8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jul 30, 2018

Bouncer71 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Travel the world, meet a lot of interesting people and shoot Selfies with them...
    8D

NeVeR_SeTTLe, panthimanshu and binky like this.
  9. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 30, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Im trying to help you get what you want. I dont have a clear understanding of what that is exactly os though.

We can ignore each other though I guess.

10. iegsaan
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

iegsaan , Jul 31, 2018 :
    not sure if it's directed towards me. as you can see I am not hiding behind an avatar. I put my money where my mouth is

11. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Jul 31, 2018

cdnfarmer , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Being an outsider, I cannot dare to fully understand everything that happens at that level. Thus, this response is written from a user and a technology liking person.

OnePlus is known to Never Settle. They started making Flagship killers at “low” cost. This was their niche. They excelled. Currently, the competition is growing fierce. OnePlus can stay strong. They can use established and proven technologies yet make them the best in one excellent package.

As a CEO, I would focus on three aspects: focusing on one quality phone per year, support developers, and enhance customer service. Yes, I realise @NeVeR_SeTTLe said one but these are interlinked.

Focusing on one:

Several articles mentioned that there are very little differences between a new version of the phone compared to the previous version to warrant the price increase. This situation seems to be true for most brands. Despite lots of changes in technologies, 6 months turn around time may not be long enough to warrant the cost of developing, promoting, distributing a new yet slightly improved phone.

In a recent interview, Pete mentioned that hardware can be selected 8-9 months ahead of the launch of a phone. This means that when one phone is released, they have already decided (mostly) on the hardware of the next phone. Why can’t the one phone get the hardware predicted for the second version that is to be released 6 months later? The launch date could be adjusted accordingly. It may provide enough incentive that motivate people to buy and make it worthwhile purchase. By putting in the best specs in one phone per year, then that phone may likely last long a time (in theory). OnePlus would also debunk the notion that little changes, except the cost, occurs between versions. In addition to the hardware, there are many other benefits that may arise:
    • Costs can be maintained and maybe reduced while producing one phone... Marketing and developing efforts are focused on one device. Resources are therefore not split across two devices.
    • All the staff, developers, technical support, and promoters may have an increased quality of life as they are not scrambling for several months twice a year to launch a new phone. We have seen with the launch of OP6, that the crew worked tirelessly and had given up their personal time to make the launch a success. I’m grateful for their efforts but how much of these demands can and should be put on their backs? This point brings me to the next area:
    Promote Support for Developers:

These fine folks make the refined Operating System (OS) that runs the phone. Like previously mentioned, there are lots of technical work that must happen to build a phone and have the proper updated OS. Developers have to build the code, make adjustments, fix bugs, and package the OS so it can be installed on each phone. The more versions of phones available, the more software development and updates that are needed. With the slight differences in hardware, the software also needs to updates. Therefore, by limiting the SKU and providing developers with limited number of phones, their combined efforts could positively affect the OS and enhance the user experience.

Customer Services

This is an area that can make or break a company. In an ever so competitive market, this aspect may help set the company aside from the others. Providing excellent customer service may help keep that user with the company year after year. Repeat customers make a profit for the company in the long term. Furthermore, a happy customer is more likely to recommend a product or buy more related items (e.g. accessories). A bad customer service experience where a person felt neglected or unheard can quickly spread negativity towards the company. Therefore, ensure the front line people have the necessary resources and training to meet the demand.

Another aspect is the warranty. If OnePlus can provide a two year warranty to EU customers, why not extend it to the rest of the users? Yes, there could be increased cost but quality built phone should last that long. People may also believe that the phone is built to last...

Being a CEO has its challenges and opportunities. There are lots to consider. There would be many other aspects however I feel that these three areas work together and affect many other areas of the business. Therefore, focus on a quality phone with enough resources to develop and maintain its OS while producing great customer satisfying service may help the company’s bottom line.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018

meatandy, Ruby G. and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  12. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 31, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Nicely stated! :) Thank you for your openness to this topic and your honesty :)

cdnfarmer likes this.
  13. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Jul 31, 2018

cdnfarmer , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Thank you. :);)

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  14. panthimanshu
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2018

panthimanshu , Jul 31, 2018 :
    ahahahaha :p:p:p:p:p

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  15. binky
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2018

binky , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Don't forget to cash in your stocks first then retire to a life of travel and luxury XD.

NeVeR_SeTTLe and Bouncer71 like this.
  16. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2018

Mr. BG , Jul 31, 2018 :
    It's not.

So stop babbling...

Please.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  17. iegsaan
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

iegsaan , Jul 31, 2018 :
    can see why you hiding behind a avatar

18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2018

Mr. BG , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Your distorted mugshot won't draw any crowds either Sunshine...

Stop moaning about avatars, someone might report you for going offtopic.

Edit: I was nice, said it was not directed at you, said please.

Now leave it.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  19. Vimal rajaji
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2018

Vimal rajaji , Aug 2, 2018 :

NeVeR_SeTTLe

You really think a budget class OnePlus Phone will be a rapid success alone?​

yeah sure! .... especially in a country like india ...most of the people are either middle class or just in the line below which they could easily offer 30k for mobiles. still there are people who think getting one plus 6 is a dream. so because of this .... knowing about the Indian market....other companies such as Samsung, xiaomi etc. are taking advantages by giving various budget range mobiles. So if one plus could give a clear cut winning Budget class mobiles with this great support....i am damn sure one plus can take a rapid growth in a short span of time.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  20. Vimal rajaji
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2018

Vimal rajaji , Aug 2, 2018 :
    yeah sure! .... especially in a country like india ...most of the people are either middle class or just in the line below which they could easily offer 30k for mobiles. still there are people who think getting one plus 6 is a dream. so because of this .... knowing about the Indian market....other companies such as Samsung, xiaomi etc. are taking advantages by giving various budget range mobiles. So if one plus could give a clear cut winning Budget class mobiles with this great support....i am damn sure one plus can take a rapid growth in a short span of time.