[Let's Talk] Name one thing that you would do as OnePlus CEO

1. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 2, 2018

luigimario , Aug 2, 2018 :
    Since I can only list one thing I would do, I will name the goal and the steps involved to achieve that goal.

Name one thing that you would do as CEO in order to improve OnePlus as a company and why?
    • I think the limiting factor of OnePlus right now is its small size as a company. I believe they have a strong vision and solid product and service, I just feel like the size of the company limits its reach. Its small size limits production, brand awareness, development, product line, and profits. So what I would do as CEO to improve the company: Implement a plan to grow the company as quickly and effectively as possible to be one of the biggest players in the mobile industry(not so fast that it would damage the company).
    1. Step 1 is to clarify a solid goal. Whether that is to sell 500 million phones a year, or to hold the largest market share for mobile devices in the world, or to grow the customer base through the best customer service possible.
    2. Determine what is needed to reach that goal (let's say holding largest market share), and set out a feasible timeline to reach said goal.
    3. The goal of market share requires growing the company and spreading out into more markets/regions. The company needs to hold true to its values throughout the expansion. If service suffers, OP won't survive. Having defined service standards and a solid method of implementing them is key.
    4. As the company grows and is sold through more carriers, brand recognition and subsequently sales will increase. The extra revenue can be used for more hires, and more advertising. Advertising is key to increasing brand awareness and sales.
    5. Expanding the product lineup to have phones at various price points is also required for gaining more market share. OP doesn't need to go Samsung crazy, but I think up to 5 phones and price points would be able to grab a lot of market share.
    6. At this point, reaching the goal of market share is just a repetition of the cycle of #3-5 to keep growing and increasing sales and market share.
    Clearly this is a very simplified plan from my very simple brain, but I think this would be the best thing I could do for OnePlus as the new/temporary CEO.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Aug 5, 2018

Venky61 , Aug 5, 2018 :
    Name one thing that you would do as CEO in order to improve OnePlus as a company and why?

There are many things I would do as a CEO, but one particular thing would be "Reduce the investment in Marketing, especially in India". Let me tell you why?

The major concern for many of the Oneplus users has been the increasing trend of the device cost. Oneplus products have started as a flagship killer with the price less than half as the flagships. With time the cost difference between the flagships and Oneplus devices started reducing. I agree that as a company, Oneplus would want to make profits and emerge as a bigger brand, but Carl still states that the profit margins are similar to how they were during Oneplus. Isn't it too hard to believe. Oneplus has Indian Super star Amitabh bachchan as Brand Ambassador. He surely comes at high cost. Oneplus Advertisements at prime times during Cricket matches, movies and hoardings covered all over the place. Oneplus makes products of price ranging above $450 (30000 INR). Majority of people ready to buy with such budget, surely make a research about which product to chose in that segment. And Oneplus will definitely come into that list. Word of mouth has already worked well for Oneplus from start, thanks to the huge fan base and the good reputation among tech youtubers. If a part of marketing cost is put to use for better things like Improving Service Centers, Increasing Stock availability, Improving the Oneplus Online store and Referral programme and may be add couple more features or instead reduce the price, the company would still emerge as a winner with more hearts. Wasn't that the motto of the Company in first place. To be the people's device. But lately I see the company is traveling towards making an Image as Premium Company and this would definitely lead to increase in cost and eventually ending up like Samsung and Apple. With Huawei and Asus (without such marketing campaigns) already starting to give a good competition in the market segment, without keeping a check on the increasing costs, the number one place gained recently would be lost. I already started recommending Huawei and Asus products as the price difference is not worth the extra features/user experience that Oneplus claims, for their particular usage.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018

cdnfarmer and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  3. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 5, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Aug 5, 2018 :
    Well done!

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Ray_ofLight
    Jelly Bean Jan 31, 2020

Ray_ofLight , Jan 31, 2020 :
    I would like OnePlus to expand the product portfolio and not just rely on marketing flagship phones. If they expand their product portfolio and export their products to many more countries, their sales will grow exponentially and they can compete with Samsung, Apple better as they have reasonable prices for good quality devices.

5. A1585190530194
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2020 at 3:33 AM

6. T1584634932700
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020 at 11:24 AM

Siddharth Pugalia likes this.