[Let's Talk Response] How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

1. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 20, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Mar 20, 2018 :
    @Ruby G. I will chose the one I own - 3T as my favourite OnePlus. Comparing an older device is little tough as the times have changed and there are new heights of technology and the benchmarks have changed with times.

Design: 3.5/5
    3T has a perfectly balanced design that gives the device a premium look and meets the usability requirements in general. The slightly curved back gives better grip of the slippery metal piece. Metal unibody is smooth to handle and is a little slippery. Better grip is needed as the device can't be used without a case.

Camera bump on the back is sexy. Negative side being the device has to be kept screen down if used without a case.

Only the premium devices went with metal unibody. All the devices with metal unibody tends to be similar in look & feel however the ones from HTC had an edge in terms of offering grip with those textured backs & even have the curve that I mentioned earlier. Camera bumps are not much significant on other devices though.

I liked the idea of sticking to a metal body where other players looked at glass back, ceramic versions. It is indeed a good move to let go of the plastic bodies which felt cheap & caused hazard to the environment.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Screen: 4.5/5
    The 5.5 inch Full HD AMOLED screen is perfect to fit in one’s hands. IT is ideal to use for business / work where I should type long mails, sometimes even have the need to access excel / spreadsheet. While offering sufficient space for the work or even gaming, a 5.5 incher manages to offer reach throughout the screen (thanks to my long fingers). Lack of One handed mode is a drawback though.

At this stage devices opted for screens varying from 5 to 6 inch the difference not being much in numbers, they varied a lot when used. 5 incher seems perfect but makes us feel a little wanted while drafting those long business mails. 6 incher is more of a phablet screen and makes that extra space difficult to access as a result of which most of the time we have unused space except for gaming.

Higher resolution screens are just numbers to draw users but will sure benefit gamers. After seeing the Razer, even I felt it would be nice to have such a screen. Thanks to @Baymax for his inputs.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Camera: 3.5/5
    While the numbers are not everything, they sure does matter in the game. I have done quite considerate research on the camera dept it being my favourite spot. While the hardware on the 3T is impressive, the algorithm used lacks ability to draw much from it. Using a ported version of Gcam produces stunning results.

I love to compare camera with those from HTC. It being a dominator in this aspect, the 8MP shooter gives results as stunning as todays 13/16 MP shooters couldn’t. Apple or Google phones as well concentrate on their camera performance and always managed to pull out beautiful results.

This gave me a brother @NeVeR_SeTTLe

Hardware: 4/5
    The specs are top on sheet in comparison to any other device of that time. 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage, 16 MP shooters front & back are all top notch. Lack of option to expand the storage is indeed a no go for few enthusiasts but still suffices the need of many.

Many OEMs failed to provide these specs at the cost of 3T. So this here is a win in my opinion and needs to be applauded.

Software: 4/5
    OOS being close to stock and offering variety of customisations runs smoother than expected. More than the OOS option of being on a custom ROM without losing warranty is the winning point for OnePlus. Can happen only with it and no other OEM.

OEMs in general run their own version of android with high modifications rendering the system lo lag. Sense UI of HTC managed to be the king till the arrival of OOS. Other versions such as MIUI, TouchWiz, EMIUI all leading to considerate lag never could win my attention but OOS did a decent job stealing away my love for Sense UI.

Battery: 4/5
    Dash charging helps to fully power up device in about 90 - 100 mins. How long can I go charger free from then is what made me fall in love one more time. I put it to charge once I wake up in the morning and by the time I get ready to office it is fully charged. Here begins the run and I don’t need to charge it till next day morning If the usage is heavy or runs two days with moderate usage.

While using my HTC I had to charge it overnight and then carry the charger to office as it runs out of juice midday and would switch off if not powered by evening.

Speakers: 3.5/5
    Speakers offer a decent sound and good quality. Sound is audible enough and doesn’t feel odd while using it in public. It is loud and smooth.

The perfect balance is hard to achieve but is managed to be achieved by HTC, Google, Apple & Samsung flagships

Security: 3/5
    I'm a little disappointed with the security provided by OnePlus. The fingerprint scanner is fast as lighting and accurate. Encrypted storage makes sure the data is safe from being accessed by others in case of undesirable circumstances like theft. However it lacked the basic idea of using different lock for lockscreen and app lock. Even if an app is locked, the content can still be accessed through the app folders from file managers.

Samsung wins bigtime with its Knox in terms of security. The idea of having a secure space is awesome. It creates a perfect scene of separating the secure apps & files from regular and works as intended.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018

2. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 20, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  3. BobbyV8_

Thanks bud. Feel free to share your opinion about the topic.

NeVeR_SeTTLe and Shivang Joshi like this.
  4. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Mar 20, 2018 :
    I did share mine, around 15 hours ago[e]1f601[/e] (Compared my OnePlus 5 with the rest)

P.S: Ohh, is this self-promotion?? If yes, then I am really sorry. I'll delete this post, if you let me know.

Bobbie63 and meatandy like this.
  5. BobbyV8_

No definitely not. I'll check it right away.

Bobbie63, meatandy and Shivang Joshi like this.
  6. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Mar 20, 2018 :
    Thanks for the confirmation [e]1f601[/e][e]1f525[/e]

Bobbie63 and meatandy like this.
  7. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Mar 20, 2018

Ruby G. , Mar 20, 2018 :
    Excellent and comprehensive post.Thanks for the honesty! I'll link this to the original post so that it gets more traction.

8. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 20, 2018

meatandy , Mar 20, 2018 :
    I see you never ran into to habit problem of triple pressing your power button.:p

Nicely written , job well done .;)

Bobbie63, Shivang Joshi and BobbyV8_ like this.
  9. BobbyV8_

Just did that. You are a monster Andy.

Thanks

Bobbie63, NeVeR_SeTTLe and meatandy like this.
  10. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 20, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Mar 20, 2018 :
    Oooooweeeeee :p
    Sweet!
    I see that your writing is starting to improve and it even out does mine :p
    Excellent review! I approve this message :D

11. BobbyV8_

All your love & support

12. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 20, 2018

Shivang Joshi, BobbyV8_ and Bobbie63 like this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 20, 2018

G_plusone , Mar 20, 2018 :
    Indeed, might be helpful in the next Lab:D

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  14. Prazwal3
    Froyo Mar 20, 2018

Prazwal3 , Mar 20, 2018 :
    I love 3T it's the best design and effort and a good craftsmanship well put together...
    What makes my device standout of the Crowd

The GunMetal Color
    Software
    Design
    Sturdiness
    Alert slider
    Dash Charging
    Ram management
    Adorable cases
    Audio Quality
    Camera Capabilities
    Best class Processor
    Endless support form developers no other phone can get in a short span of time there are number of roms,kernels,mods,Cam ports,themes what not everything you name the requirment and i will show the support thats a power of one plus device!!!!!

Main thing Endless Support towards it You name it i will show you
    It got
    Potriat Capability
    Powerful Google Camera Port Earlier than any device
    Insanely Quick Face unlock
    Fast Oreo Update than any other Pixel Device
    Endless Love and support from developers in form of Roms,Mods,Themes,Kernels

There is no phone more perfect than this Well I'm not a full screen display lover i like hardware buttons and i dont need two cameras i'm pretty sure the one plus 3t camera cannot be outdated for a year and processor too n hicupps

Proud Owner Of 3T :) Peace

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.