[Let's Talk Response] How does your favorite OnePlus device compare to other devices?

1. zainulabdin
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

zainulabdin , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Your Post discuss all the good things about this device which I agree. But what about the lack of security these Chinese mobiles have, these cannot be trusted. Some time we got news about software has built-in apps that sends information to Chinese servers, some time we got news that our credit card details got compromised (what the hell). Even if the device is brilliant in what so ever way or give maximum benefits with minimum costs, these things should not be over looked. Unfortunately these things are not addressed properly.

2. X1521480771933
    Donut Apr 4, 2018

3. N1522135190778
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2018

4. R1515507869833
    Froyo Jun 15, 2018

R1515507869833 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    They were properly addressed!
    That software sending information to chinese servers was a pice of inactive code the devs accidentally left in from the chineese build of the 5t, and this code basically has to be there in china (enforced by goverment) .
    The creditcard thing has nothing to do with the phones, but with their website.
    And they dont steal your creditcard info, their website got hacked, and customer data was stolen (happened to other companys before too).
    So as long you paid with paypal for your phone youre fine.

5. zainulabdin
    Donut Jun 15, 2018

zainulabdin , Jun 15, 2018 :
    sorry to say but these things were not addressed properly. And company's website got hacked on that level in the past? The only OnePlus is filled with controversy. Believe me when I heard about OnePlus first time I got excited and waited for new model to come. After a month when I got new model (i.e. 5t) along with full purchase of accessories, what I saw is that my cc got charged to the fullest of it's limit and I got e-mail from OnePlus after two days of getting know that my cc was compromised (what's the benefit of e-mail as it was already too late). Days after I went through extreme depression untill things become settled by cc issuer. After that day I got lesson is to Never trust these mobiles, they don't secure their own server so how they secure mobiles. In addition to this, one plus response wasn't appropriate once the event happened. since one plus business model is to get fan base and increase them but after this I think there were many others just like me who never again wanted to switch to OnePlus. At the time of launching one plus 6, there's a need in my home for new set and I opted to go with Samsung with out second thought in mind. It doesn't matter if it cost you few bucks more but all you will be relieved from that rubbish things. Since one plus 6 has been launced, now waiting for some new controversy that may come up with. . let's see.

6. R1515507869833
    Froyo Jun 15, 2018

R1515507869833 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Can't even secure their website...
    1. Oneplus isnt the first and only one who that happens to, i think it once even happened to Microsoft
    2. Pay with paypal which is just common sense when buying of small companys websites god damnit or buy of Amazon...
    3. Their phones are secured by google (built into android) and Samsung is way weaker in that respect due to not giving security patches in time, oneplus does!
    4. Expecting a new controversy with the 6 just because of that one thing (that Inactive leftover code that wasnt even in stable, but beta build doesn't count) is just idiotic