[Let's Talk Response] My Story with Oneplus

1. Ma2002rio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2018

Ma2002rio , Mar 21, 2018 :
    @Ruby G.
    What is it like being a OnePlus fan in your country?

That's a good question ...
    Everything started with me, here in Germany, that we often talked about technology at school and a lot of other things. One day my old HTC One M8 gave up his ghost, with which I was actually content. :rolleyes: I informed then myself what different good smartphones are to buy. Of course there was a very large selection and I just could not decide. Many were too expensive, but good, and cheap ones on the other hand, but they were not so good for me. I was looking for something that would suit me. But then I remembered, that one of my old classmates had a Oneplus 3T, which my friends revered. That was when I started to learn about the Oneplus 3T, and the brand in general. After some timeI liked Oneplus by the research more and more, because the smartphones had a very good performance and were sold for a good price. By the time I learned that soon, on the 20.06.2017 a live livestream performance of the new Oneplus 5 was imminent, which would come out soon. So I thought that I wait then a little bit and then look, like the Oneplus 5 will be. Now the day had arrived where the livestream was started, which I looked from the beginning to the end,... and I had to say, I was completely fazed and excited about this phone. Only the 8GB RAM, the fast fingerprint sensor and the good camera, convinced me to own this wonderful device.
    Funfact: The smartphone is 3 times better than my current computer xD
    My friends were equally complete impressed. Of course, because my birthday was coming soon, I wished the smartphone for my birthday. On my birthday, after I came home from school, my parents surprised me with my new phone, the Oneplus 5! :) I was so happy and overwhelmed, like a little kid who has such a small, beautiful smile on his face because he was lucky and happy. I could not put that into words! ;) Of course, I set everything up and tested it with all the possible ideas that came to my mind.
    I found the cell phone, when I held it in my hands, so noble.

The next day, when I came to school, everyone asked me, "Is this an iPhone?" or "What kind of smartphone is this?" Of course I explained everything and everyone was enthusiastic about the information. So far, people sometimes wonder what that cell phone would be like, and then my classmates immediately say, "As if you do not know that! That's a Oneplus, one of the best and most powerful smartphones in the world!". As a result, I always felt a bit funny and proud at the same time. Often my friends and classmates come to me and ask me if they could take a picture with my smartphone camera, because the quality is so good, and so on ...
    That was my little story about joining Oneplus and becoming a "little" fan, and how it feels to own a Oneplus device. I'm kind of a bit proud of it and happy. Initially many in Germany did not know so many about Oneplus, but over time, more and more people I know, know Oneplus.

And now to you, how did you come up with your First Oneplus, or become a fan? Share your experiences under this post:D

PS: Sorry for my grammar, and so on .., I'm from Germany and still learn English :)

Greetings, your Mario

2. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Mar 21, 2018

Ruby G. , Mar 21, 2018 :
    No worries, this was a very nice post. :) The language bit didn't impact me at all. I'll link to the original thread~

3. WhiteZireael
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

WhiteZireael , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Ahh so you are the One Plus plague that took Germany by a storm! Jokes aside that's a really good story. The funniest thing is I upgraded to One Plus 5T from HTC M8 Eye when it died and I was pretty happy with the phone lmao. I first learned about One Plus from my big bro. He started using One Plus 3T and said that it's a beast! So I said to myself that if I upgrade to a new phone it's gonna be a One Plus phone. When I saw the One Plus 5T it was love at first sight. I wasn't allowed to get a phone until my finals which was in Feb. So after my finals my parents gave me the money to buy it. Me and my brother got the phone from an One plus store......I was really happy and still am. This phone is a beast!

4. Ma2002rio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2018

Ma2002rio , Mar 21, 2018 :
    Many Thanks! :D

That's cool, nice to know ;)

NeVeR_SeTTLe and WhiteZireael like this.
  5. SubhashNayak
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

SubhashNayak , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Being a OnePlus fan in my country (India) was difficult in the beginning. Always people considered it just as yet another Chinese phone back when it released when the industry was all about Samsung, Google Pixel and iPhones. People would ask twice, which is this phone and i would reply OnePlus. People would again ask OnePlus? Whats the brand name? I would show the logo behind the phone and say ONEPLUS!! Right now, there are so many people, even my friends who have switched to OnePlus because of three things mainly. Dash Charge, Performance and Camera.

So proud to say that I am a OnePlus fan who has seen how it has evolved and is in the list of one of the best phones in such short time. All I can say is, this is because of the quality of the phone in an affordable price. Also the best thing which I could describe about the phone is the updations which OnePlus used to do based on customers comments on forum. Thanks to #OnePlus.

Since I've move to Abu Dhabi, UAE right now, it feels bad to be a OnePlus Fan. Hopefully, OnePlus reads this and starts marketing and make people aware about the existence in this country.

-ONEPLUS Fan

6. Ma2002rio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

Ma2002rio , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Nice, to hear :D

WhiteZireael and SubhashNayak like this.
  7. Rush2ashu
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

Rush2ashu , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I was first introduced to the oneplus phone by my engineering classmate. He had a one plus 2 I think. It was a good phone. Back then I was using a Samsung s4. I was very irritated by the TouchWiz UI and also the whole Samsung ecosystem. when my s4 started showing some sign of slowing down, I decided that I would never go back to any phones which have a UI which will hinder the phones basic UI. Then came One Plus 3T. This product did wonders for oneplus. IT WAS A BEAST. The UI was so smooth and buttery. Never saw it hang for a second. But I was not really impressed by the camera. I was confused between Moto X style and OnePlus 3T. Then came the sexy OnePlus 5. It was love at first sight for me. It was like beauty with brains (performance). So speedy that it was giving Iphone8 a run for its money. I liked the ecosystem which is being built in oneplus keeping customers/fans as the center. Awesome.

8. Ma2002rio

Thank you for your answer ;)

9. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2018

MKT_IRFAN3735 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    ONEPLUS is growing company which will get into peak in future I can confidently say oneday ONEPLUS will be the Best and Budget Flagship killer of the Earth, I heard this company in 2016 when OnePlus released the beast world first 6GB RAM and in very low budget.I shocked when i saw the spectacular specifications [e]1f60d[/e] and I take a decision to engage in the family of Oneplus and I started to analyse the company and everything etc.I feel happy and very heaven like feeling when i buy the *ALL NEW ONEPLUS 5[e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]* I love the company much more coZ of they're offering a high end specs in low budget and good customer support and conducting many events which will encourage the users and also they're precious TALENTS ..... Thanks Oneplus I'm the DIE HARD FAN OF YOU thanks @petelau @carlpei and company staffs for giving a marvellous beast [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

G_Manu_g_kICu and Ma2002rio like this.
  10. Ma2002rio

Ahh nice :D #Oneplus5Army

11. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2018

Ma2002rio likes this.
  12. G_Krutik_Mistry_BFxZ
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

13. max.escalante
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

max.escalante , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I'm from México and it's a little bit harder being a OnePlus Fan here because there is no shipping to my country. I like OnePlus a lot, I have a 5T and it has been the best device I ever had. the support on the web page is awesome and the community is so cool.
    I met friends because of OnePlus and we love what the company is doing because they actually listen and makes a difference from the rest.
    The only downside is the Shipping, I had to get my OP5T from another website as well the cases or the accessories. Sometimes the accessorie we bought takes 2 months to arrive here, anyway.
    We love OnePlus and we really like what you are doing.
    ¡Saludos!

14. G_Deepchand_B_iAoJ
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

G_Deepchand_B_iAoJ , Apr 2, 2018 :
    After waiting for ages, I thought of buying a mobile with my first salary. But I was thinking about which brand should I buy if I get my first salary. :) but I was thinking this before getting a job. :rolleyes: too early I think!:p:D.
    Frankly speaking I don't know about OnePlus brand untill the success of OnePlus 3 and buzz made by oneplus software. But as soon as knowing this ,I have stopped buying my mobile (thought of buying mi5 ).and started to know that oneplus next flagship is OnePlus 5 . And thats it!
    Saved all my salary, and bought it on the first sale in India.
    Now iam a proud owner of Oneplus 5.:cool::);)

15. F_Preetham_Reddy_Ramired
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

Ma2002rio likes this.
  16. bonden_91
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

bonden_91 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    My name is Alex and this is my story of the oneplus journey in sweden.

I had a sony z2 wich I was pretty happy with! But after one year it slowed down and didnt work properly so I decided that I wanted a new phone. Me and my bro loves tech and we had heard about oneplus one that was coming out! So we where going to get that but the knvite system didnt work our way and I didnt have alot of money right then because of a new born child in my life so I diceded to wait until my mobile subscription where over on my Sony. I loved the idea oneplus had so even before I got a phone from them I told the oneplus story to everyone I know. So there came the oneplus 2! I where hyped to max! I got an invite and I got it! I fell in love directly as I got it. And my story about oneplus to my friends got even more hyped. So I had oneplus 2 til the day oneplus 5 came, the phone im typing on right now! Im so impressed about oneplus and there phones and when I had the oneplus 2 I realised that this is the phone company for me!

So.. here in sweden... The phone company is taking mor ground and people who have samsung,sony,iphone.. are slowly going over to oneplus.. iphone is still the biggest brand here but oneplus is clearly the phone most people talks about (not normal people who dont care about phones). Now you can buy the oneplus 5T in some smal stores here and I have many people around me that is going to buy oneplus 6 and I have many friends that has oneplus 5. Everyone is very impressed like me in these phones and the story about the company!

And to close it up! We love that the co-founder is swedish ;) thanks for me!

17. mw.foo
    Eclair Apr 2, 2018

mw.foo , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Hi my name is Minn, Im from Malaysia.

Back in 2015, my colleague was raving about the OnePlus One as it was such an exquisite phone to have and of course its prestigious over other phones. Making the right hardware, software and what users needs.

In the beginning, it was just like another phone I thought. I was switching from an iPhone to an android and hated the user interface, went back to an iPhone a couple of months later. After iPhone 5s had launched and my iPhone 5 was dying I made the leap to OnePlus 2. Its not a beautiful phone I would say. It just looks just like another phone but it gets my daily life going.

After Oneplus 2 lifespan over 1 and 1/2 years, it came Oneplus 3. It is a great designed phone and what Oneplus should be for the 2. I waited for the 3T and I bought it eventually. Never regretted the day I made the big switch. Now I could not find any other brands that has a good reasonable value and also functionality that you need only. Of course battery life is a consideration for my daily getup.

Just hope OnePlus would do even better than before and keep innovating while never close door on user feedbacks.

18. asb0410
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

asb0410 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    In Ukraine it is a rather difficult to be a fan of 1+. Because there are no official shops (only partners) and no accessoires. The most part of 1+ phones in my country is a "grey" import. So we havent even a warranty.

Ma2002rio likes this.
  19. Ma2002rio

Thank you so much for all your own stories and opinions on this topic! ;)

gaster likes this.
  20. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 2, 2018

DARTH 007 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    op5 giving iPhone a run for the money.lol.
    you forgot that it is the cheap version of an iPhone,
    and that's quite an exaggeration.

WhiteZireael and Ceasedd like this.