[Let's Talk Response] What is the best life advice I've ever gotten?

1. friday051 Froyo Apr 25, 2018

friday051, Apr 25, 2018 :
    [​IMG]
    What's the best life advice you've ever gotten?

I was really excited to see this week’s topics. This is a good one. I’ve received a lot of great advice at every point in my life. My Dad is one of the biggest inspirations in my life and I look up to him. He's been with me at every point in my life and I feel so happy when I make him feel proud of me.

I've always believed that it's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary and when I went looking through my brain for the best life advice I've ever gotten, I stumbled upon it unexpectedly. It's the one I've gotten from this community, it's the one that drives me, that drives us all and most importantly the company's philosophy: Never Settle!

These two simple words might be the most powerful words you ever hear in your life if you truly contemplate it. You get what you settle for. Aim high and never settle for anything less than greatness. Never Settling is life. The constant struggle and fighting it all and coming out with a new profound thought and optimistic thought to continue is one that's very important.

Simplicity speaks volumes and this subtle advice rings in my mind whenever I'm exhausted or tired and I try to think of what I really want to achieve and why I'm doing all this.
    Never settle for ordinary love. Make sure that shit is weird. Make sure it's f***ing magical! You need to understand that life isn't what you're given, it's what you create, what you conquer and what you aim to achieve.

Never Settling is what maintains the fluidity of our lives; It's how the mankind evolves. We do not settle, we continue to strive for perfection and it's so essential and inevitable.
    Never, ever settle. You may think you aren’t gorgeous, smart and have too many insecurities to count. But there is going to be someone in the world who truly loves you for you. Don’t ever think that you’ve got to put up with anyone’s shit because they’re the first one in a long time to show some interest. You are beautiful in your own individual way so never lower your standards.

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't Settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it - Steve Jobs

Settling isn't living it's just surviving. There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
    I hope that my post helps others and makes them Never Settle

P.S. This is my first post in the "Let's Talk" series and I'd love some feedback @Ruby G. :)

Blueeye, Mjo and Ruby G. like this.
  2. iNtEnSePL KitKat Apr 25, 2018

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018

3. Loveit Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2018

4. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Apr 27, 2018

Ruby G., Apr 27, 2018 :
    Hey Friday051, thanks for the nice post and tag! It's always great to read how another person views these two words. Cheers!

Shuffler505 likes this.