[Let's Talk] Review one item in your bag right now!

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jul 16, 2018

Ruby G. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Congratulations! You've stumbled upon one of our stickied question forum posts. Take a look at the question below and write a response if you find it interesting. Feel free to post your response on this thread or start a new thread if your response is over 500 words (be sure to copy & paste the question into a new thread and tag me so I notice).

Review one item in your bag right now!

Posts of 300 – 1000 words will be automatically entered in to our ongoing rewards program and potentially be chosen to move to the next level. Have fun, debate with each other, and let the knowledge flow!

P.S. Looking for more questions like these? Winners from past Let's Talk rounds are hosting their own threads here.

7/30 Update:
    Some nice responses I found in the wild:

Saniubah75, pikota, Louioo and 14 others like this.
  2. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Review one item in your bag right now!

@Ruby G.: you asked for it :p.

This is a review of the Cherry Mouse JF-04.
    images.jpg

This mouse comes in black and white.

It fits well in my hand, the pressure points of the two keys (right click key and left click key) are good in my eyes. Additionally this mouse has a scroll wheel, with which you can scroll smoothly in different distances.

Below the scroll wheel is a battery indicator, because - and that's the great thing - this mouse is wireless. This eliminates an annoying cable. But this is also partly hindering, because if you put down your coffee cup, it can happen that you accidentally come against the mouse and it starts to move and falls off the desk.

Well, she's had three or four falls and still works.

On the bottom of the mouse, next to the sensor, which detects the movements (a pity, a rubber ball like in old mouse times I would have felt as quite retro), is a switch, with which the mouse can be switched off. Therefore no battery drain takes place, the manufacturer Cherry has thought this through well.

On the bottom you also have the possibility to switch the DPI value faster or slower with two-finger gesture control. I haven't managed that yet, I guess it was too slow.

The practical thing about this mouse is that there was a wireless keyboard in the box as an addition. Otherwise I would have had to write a nasty e-mail to the manufacturer that the box seems much too oversized for such a small mouse, but of course it makes sense.

Classically this mouse can move the pointer on my Windows computer, in this case I give full points in the category "functionality".

A synchronization button is located on a USB stick, which serves as a transmitter/receiver and must be plugged into the computer for the mouse to work.

A little fun fact on the edge: The Cherry logo consists of three cherries. Funny - or?

3. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Hmm... what's in my bag
    *starts searching*
    finds a mug
    So here's the review of my mug

Design : It definitely doesn't look like a casual/everyday mug you're used to, in fact it is bought from Istanbul, Turkey...
    The handle is a replica of Galata tower, which I really do like, because I've been there.On the other hand it's a bit uncomfortable to handle.
    The body is replica of Hagia Sophia, which really gives the mug a proper shape and form
    It makes the inside of the mug look far bigger than it actually is.
    In overall I love the design of the mug...

Battery: By far the best in the market, the battery is just infinite, I've never seen my mug turn off or heat after excessive use

Headphone jack : unfortunately it doesn't have that, but I guess it is popular in 2018 (not to have headphone jack) :-(

Software : It runs the latest MUG.8.1 which really isn't any different from Mug.1.0 (imo)

Screen : Why the hell should a mug have a screen !?

Speakers/audio : If you put your mouth against the lip of the mug and make some humming , wow, the bass what you get from there really beats the 1000€ costing speakers...

Notch : unfortunately it doesn't have it

Camera(s) : When I was a toddler, I must've thought the reflection of the water or whatever liquid/drink you have in it must be someone else staring at me, now i try to ignore it...

You really can't get a better mug for that price though it'd be nice to have a mug with a Carl Pei in a bee costume, beeing around the flowers
    I'd surely buy a few of those
    *Coughs*
    Okay, okay, back to the topic

I hope you enjoyed the review of my mug from Istanbul.Take care and enjoy the rest of your day !

4. GopalB.
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

GopalB. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Challenge accepted... [​IMG]

So one of the item in my bag right now is a ball point pen by Reynolds... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So as the name suggests, its a ball point pen and is very cheap too...
    You can get these in generic "pen colors" like Blue, Black, Red...
    You can change the refill as they are widely available (In India at least)... And you can even insert the refills from other pens after few modifications... [​IMG]
    The bottom of the pen is translucent with fiber body and the color depends on the color or the refill... But you can interchange the refills (with other colors) and confuse your teachers/boss... [​IMG]
    The main body of the pen is made from hard plastic and I don't think so is bio degradable... So its not for nature lovers... Yo guys can get those bamboo/wooden pens... [​IMG]
    The cap of the pen is made from relatively softer plastic and you can bite the tip if you want too... [​IMG]
    Coming to the dimensions... (Copied for a website...)
    Height: 14 cm
    Weight: 200 grams
    Tip: 0.45
    Its light weight and easy to use for longer duration... But the bottom part is smooth, so its not that grippy...
    The ink flow is consistent and you won't observe any issue of ink blot after a long use... But while drawing a straight line, you can observe a bit of excess ink on the tip...
    Its gives you the old school feeling and there are no moving parts inside the pen...

Pros:
    1. Cheap
    2. Light weight
    3. Easy to use
    4. Available in many colors
    5. Spare part availability is good (in India at least)
    6. Consistent ink flow
    7. Easy to repair... [​IMG]
    8. Old School
    9. No moving parts

Cons:
    1. Not Bio degradable [​IMG]
    2. Tip is a bit bold
    3. Not grippy
    4. No clicky buttons for people who loves to fidget... [​IMG]

Final Verdict:
    9:4 is not a bad ratio for a pen... [​IMG]
    You are getting a pen that costs so less and has so many advantages, so I would suggest its a value for money and I would recommend it to everyone who is not looking for a flashy pen but a cost effective one...
    That's all for today... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018

5. Mjo
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Mjo , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I rummaged inside my messy bag and found this:

A FLIP PHONE
    Yes - I have a flip phone in my bag, and I'm going to review it.

lg.png

Overview

Here is an LG Wine Smart flip phone. It's an old school clamshell design, but don't underestimate it. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor and 1GB of RAM. It has an internal storage of 4GB, a microSD slot, 3.2" capacitive display (480x320) and most importantly - runs on Android 5.1.1.

Aesthetic, Usability and Experience

I've been looking for this kind of phone for months. I don't know why but I'm really fascinated by flip phones. Maybe because that feeling when you flip a phone is just so satisfying and cool. Also it has a physical keyboard - yay! I just missed typing one-handedly without looking at my screen.

I would've gotten a blue faux-leather kind of finish, but only the burgundy was available. But it still looks good and polished. It's kind of thick (especially with the hard case), but I don't mind. I can flip it open with one hand.

As I've mentioned it runs on Android 5.1.1, so it is basically a smartphone in an old-fashion body. You can download apps from the Playstore and run games like you can do in a smartphone. It has 4G LTE connectivity, and you can connect a 3.5mm headphone.

I mainly use this phone as my back-up phone and a Walkman. I installed Spotify, inserted an additional 16GB microSD and downloaded all my favorite songs offline. This phone has a decent battery life. It can last up to 2 days without charging by just using Spotify and occasional texting. Sometimes I use this phone as a personal hotspot as well.

Well those are the pros of this phone; the cons are the screen is too small and the camera is crappy. Also, the speakers are situated at the back of the phone, so in order for you to hear the music you should place it on the table upside down if you don't want to hold it. Also, the physical keyboard doesn't work on all apps - you must use the software keyboard which is really small and takes up almost half of the screen.

Verdict

Overall, this phone is good for a back-up. I've had this for almost a year now and it was worth the buy.

And oh, before I forget, you can attach a keychain to it which is a plus for me. ;)

Thanks @Ruby G. for this great topic (yet again) :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018

6. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Where is the picture of the mug? :p
    Pics or the bag didn't happen :D

7. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Nice review of your goodie :)
    I had an old Samsung flip phone (forgot the model) but it got so beaten up by me - it fell multiple times and it got run over by a car (no joke) and that thing still ticked after that. Damaged a little but it worked just some keys didn't and the camera. Now they don't make them any more... well they do with the Caterpillar phones and other hard nukem phones... but still smartphones are so fragile :p

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe

How long you been using it? ;) Does is still have ink? :D

9. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams , Jul 16, 2018 :
    it's not in the bag anymore, I'll go out soon too so
    I'll post photo of that later

10. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Seems like a nice mouse ... now one question for you about this mouse :) Does it work with Linux? :p
    Oh and a second question - does it run on batteries? ;)

11. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2018

12. NeVeR_SeTTLe

I feel this is cheating :p No other goodies then the OnePlus Bullet's Wireless? :p

13. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    :p A lot of goodies :tearsofjoy: I might review one of them soon :D

14. NeVeR_SeTTLe

One?
    Why not all? :D

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

GopalB. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I'm using it since last year... It's still half full... ;)

16. Shivang Joshi

17. NeVeR_SeTTLe

So?! If you have lots of goodies in your bags, review them all with a short summary and you can have one lengthy story :)

18. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I might try that ;)

19. GopalB.
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

GopalB. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Is that a tiger??? o_O

20. viking_vp3
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2018

viking_vp3 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    [Let's Talk] Review one item in your bag right now!

When I open my bag the first thing I see is my good old friend, The one and only Asus K42JC.

I bought it back in 2010 and it hold it up firm till today, gosh this device is Bruce Willis I Die Hard! It never let me down.

It has Intel® Core™ i5 450M chipset which was beast back then.

It has NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM for graphic department. It is enough for web browsing and multimedia and occasional gaming (PES for example).

It is made of plastic because it is in ASUS economic series. It has navy blue color with horizontal white line but sadly it is a finger print magnet. For this price no complaint.

It has HDMI port, Lan port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, single port headphone jack, 3 USBs and even a VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor. It is amazing for the price.

You get a Blu-Ray DVD Combo on this device.

You have a VGA webcam which sucks.

You have 720p bright display with good contrast and gamma range.

It has 6Cells: 4400 mAh 47 Whrs battery which rock you for 3Hrs which was great back at the time.

It was a light device back then (2.2 kg (with 6 cell battery) and it is decent weight with todays’ standards.

It is a bit warm which you can use a coolpad to fix the problem.

Its’ design is minimalistic and you like to see it open or close.

It endures almost everything. See it serve me 8 years without ouch!

It can handle many software’s, I install things like Solidworks and catia on it and I design many things with it.

I watched many movies on it and it was amazing. It has decent volume on speaker and good output on headphone jack. Sadly, the mic sucks.

If I could change anything in it, it will be only the graphic. The other parts are good enough for the price.

meatandy, Ruby G., Bouncer71 and 5 others like this.