[Let's Talk] Was there anything about the most recent OnePlus device that surprised you?

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

Ruby G., Mar 19, 2018 :
    Congratulations! You've stumbled upon one of our stickied question forum posts. Take a look at the question below and write a response if it interests you. Feel free to post your response on this thread or start a new thread if your response is over 500 words (be sure to copy & paste the question into a new thread and tag me so I notice).

Was there anything about the most recent OnePlus device that surprised you?

Posts of 300 – 1000 words will be automatically entered in to our ongoing rewards program and potentially be chosen to move to the next level. Have fun, debate with each other, and let the knowledge flow!

2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Mar 19, 2018

Cheetosdust, Mar 19, 2018 :
    A smiley face. That was the beginning of this surprise on a new OnePlus device but I didn’t know it. When I first saw it on a video, I was intrigued, but I assume it was a gimmick, a play on the feature that was on Android from quite some time then. Maybe a feature to let the users know that OnePlus could do something like Apple was doing with Face ID or Samsung with the face and iris unlock.

Like almost every feature on the OnePlus devices, you have to try Face Unlock to understand how well it works.

It’s not the most secure method, sure, but it just boggles my mind seeing it in action. It’s fast, almost instant; almost like the phone can guess when you are going to look at it. Skeptical, I tried to fool it, I tried to point the camera somewhere else and look at it, trying to catch if off-guard. I bought the 5T when it was launched, and I couldn’t trick it so far.

The major problem with Face Unlock at launch was how it performed in low light. It’s understandable, since it uses the front camera. However, OnePlus launched something called Assistive Light. Again, I was sure it would be a gimmick, something that would only work half of the times and only when you looked at the phone at a certain angle.

Again, I was wrong, oh so wrong.

I managed to unlock the phone with my face in scenarios with no exterior light at all. You have to wait a second for the screen to turn white, obviously, but it actually works quite well. I tried to broke it, I tried to see when it would just stop working. For me, it struggles when you have light coming from behind your face, but it’s not a deal breaker, I can assure you that.

A couple of days ago, I stopped to think about the times I now use the fingerprint sensor. Face Unlock changed so much the way I interact with the phone, that actually reaching with my finger gives me a sense of failure. Mind you, the sensor is fast and not a stretch at all.

This proves how a good implementation can change the way you look at a phone - no pun intended, maybe. Point is, you have options. When I bought the phone I was counting on using the fingerprint and forget about the “gimmicky” Face Unlock. Well, with the updates and the improvements, I now find myself going the other way around - using it non-stop and starting to forget about the fingerprint until I’m reminded by an app that’s a more secure way to validate your information. For example, my banking app requires my fingerprint.

This and the Dash Charge were revelations to me. The gestures are now fast approaching that category - your brain gets used to swiping away and, like I wrote in another thread, my muscle memory tends to mimicate that behaviour when I’m using other devices.

They are not perfect, obviously, and with this I’m not saying OnePlus reached a plateau where they should stop improving them. What I’m saying is that I like to be surprised like this; I love discarding a new feature only to be surprised when I’m starting using it. The company did this several times now and I can’t wait to find out what’s the “next” Face Unlock or Dash.

3. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Mar 19, 2018 :
    OnePlus devices have always surprised me. I’ve followed them straight from the announcement of OnePlus to take ideas from the people to build the perfect smartphone, for the people, by the people.

Prior to the release of the OnePlus 5T, Apple launched their revolution, the perfection of the iPhone, the smartphone that shook the industry. 10 years of hard work had peid off! That bezel-less display and the notch seems to have been a revolution! And of course, FaceID, who would’ve thought, simply looking at your phone and it magically unlocks?! Magic!

The OnePlus 5T, the first thing that caught my attention was that design. OnePlus finally implementing that beautiful 18:9 display! Better late than never ;)

Positives first, OnePlus was listening. People complained about the terrible results of the OnePlus 5 camera in low light, OnePlus introduced a special camera to take care of this. People wanted people to adapt to the new design standard, OnePlus complied. People wanted them to keep the headphone jack, they kept it!

And of course! OnePlus is a company full of surprises! They brought their own version of FaceID! Face Unlock. When I first tried it on my friend’s OnePlus 5T, I was shocked! The videos weren’t fake! It was fast. Just a look and whoops, there goes the lockscreen, welcome to your homescreen ;) No genius work has zero flaws though, and this one had it, one thing FaceID could do, it couldn’t unlock in darkness. As usual, OnePlus lived up to its expectations, they introduced Face Unlock with Assistive Lighting. Just like their way of delivering front camera flash by lighting up the screen as bright as possible, they lit up the display when the surrounding light wasn’t enough for the camera to detect your face! Trust me, it works in 0 nits :D They showed something every company should follow: Ideas are great, but how you execute them makes all the difference.

Soon after the videos of the iPhone X’s reviews came out, people loved the idea of gestures! They were right, what’s the point in having a larger screen if a part of it was taken by buttons? Again, OnePlus delivered. Although not perfect, and some would say, inspired from others, it was a great attempt at something that will become a part of the future of the smartphone industry, as we move towards bezel-less displays and seamless experience.

As said earlier, nothing is perfect, and neither was this beast. The camera, at least the software, did nothing to save itself from the mistake of the OnePlus 5. It still delivered average photos. It did nothing to compete with the iPhone, Samsung or Pixel phones’ cameras. But that didn’t mean it did a bad job, it was just, nothing special.

A fantastic job was done with Face Unlock and Dash charging technology, which remains one of the fastest of their implementations! I’m excited to see what the future beholds, what OnePlus can cook up next!

Thanks for the chance @Ruby G. Eagerly waiting for the next one!

Rohin Moses, x01, Sharinnn and 14 others like this.
  4. sommersy Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2018

sommersy, Mar 19, 2018 :
    It did surprise me when Soft Gold was ditched as a colour option, and when sandstone returned as a backing material. (even though it probably shouldn't have)

I'll expand this into a full post if I have time :)

meatandy, Dresa91 and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  5. Mahmoud Mahafdah Gingerbread Mar 19, 2018

Mahmoud Mahafdah, Mar 19, 2018 :
    The camera.. No need for 300 words.. The oneplus 5t camera has a relatively good camera but the hype oneplus made about it made me and other users disappointed and until now there is no software update to fix it...

I wish this company keeps innovating and making new technology.. We need more software optimization to make the phone even better.. And by the way the notch is not an innovative thing and you better keep away from it cause whenever a company starts copying other bigger companies mistakes that's when the fans starts moving away and start looking for a real innovating company that listens to there costumers

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018

K1519518568229, kesnfs, $urya and 8 others like this.
  6. D1511587380662 Eclair Mar 19, 2018

D1511587380662, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Well, i used samsung devices for the past 8 years. I used 3 of them. Every one of my device choice was due to that particular Samsung being so attractively designed or has a feature that is eye catching.

My previous one was the S6 edge plus. It worked fine for almost 2 and a half years.

Problem started when battery life became horrible and i knew i needed a change of device.

My first choice was the note 8. What made me not buy it was the price. Yes, the phone had features to compliment the pricing and premium user experience but, and a big but, those weren't things i use. Apart from aesthetics, the next thing i see on a phone if it does regular stuff well.

All phone choices had absurd prices. 1000 dollars for the iphone x, almost the same for the note 8 and s8 following down somewhere close.

I watched the launch of the oneplus 5t and immediately knew that this phone is perfect for what i need. Aesthetics and performance.

This phone was reviewed well and i did buy it, but i keep hearing that the 5t has nothing to set it apart from competition. No edge sqeeze, no stylus, no eye candy gloss finish, no massive speakers etc etc.

But what i see is VALUE being the set apart sort of feature. What the phone has offered at its price point still surprises me to this day after around 4 months of usage

An optimal and clean android experience, everything working as it should, and a price that is not absurd, this in itself is surprising.

Johan Notte, doekus, x01 and 8 others like this.
  7. Beast✓ Froyo Mar 19, 2018

Beast✓, Mar 19, 2018 :
    From the Starting i was not Brand Concious.I purchased The Handset which attracted me by its features & Performance.From that one of smartphone i purchased was Motorola Moto g 1st Gen.I think that was or i must say is that Best Smartphone i could have purchased In 2013.Even Today i have that one.Then In 2016 i came across the Oneplus Devices.I saw Many Review on Youtube & other sites.The Thing that Excited me was The Performance of the Devices along with the latest Chipset and attractive Pricing.Than in 2017 i bought Oneplus 5 Considering the Oneplus 3T Performance.After my first few Initial days i loved the Camera pictures.They were very sharp & Clear.And There were no lag what so ever.

After Using It For Around 7-8 Months i Bought 5T for my Brother cosidering that Oneplus has Became a big brand Producing Solid Phones.And i must say i was absolutely Right.It was another Gem that i purchased.

The Build quality , the performance and lastly the camera was exceptional for a Device Just costing Half a Buck of Iphone X or Samsung S9.

But one of the Thing that i just hated is the Software update performance.Even though the Beta version of each devices are released and tested by several user but still there are many bugs which are present in the Stable release.It put me in doubt that The Oneplus stable released is Still in Beta version till they update the Device 4-5 times in 4-5 months.I think oneplus should not release the update thinking that other competitors have released it.They must take time to test the new Version.They can even extended the Beta version but must make a bug free stable release.

OVERALL I MUST SAY THAT ONEPLUS IS ON THE PATH TO ACHIEVE A BIG SUCCESS.

I still believe in phones which are Rich in Performance than in Features.Althoug i love to try each new feature but not at the cost of the stability of the devices.

Really Thanks Oneplus for having such a solid Smartphone.

And lastly hope i hope that i have cleared the requirement of entering the contest.

Once again Thanks One Plus - NEVER SETTLE.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

8. kermex Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

kermex, Mar 19, 2018 :
    The ability to flash other ROMs is the feature I used 3 different OnePlus phones: OnePlus One, OnePlus 3 and now OnePlus 5T.
    Also I like the design for every model! Congrats!

Dresa91, Ruby G. and G_plusone like this.
  9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

Pradeep@1+, Dresa91, Ruby G. and 4 others like this.
  10. MANYA_1999 Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

MANYA_1999, Mar 19, 2018 :
    There are many things that surprised me about oneplus devices.What surprises me most about recent oneplus devices is that how quickly these devices got popular.Here in India,majority of people didn't even heard the name of this company until release of oneplus 3.Oneplus 3 and 3t were a major success.After the release of oneplus 3,my facebook was flooded with posts about oneplus 3.Even now there is atleast one post per month about oneplus in xda news. Now majority of people in India know oneplus as a brand.I bought a oneplus 5 last year and my friends easily identified it in first glance.

I was surprised by speed of fingerprint scanner in oneplus 5.I had seen fingerprint scanner on my friend's phones,but on my oneplus 5, it's a whole different level.It's instantaneous.I can easily notice the difference between my friend's phone fp scanner and this phone's fp scanner.And the face unlock was the icing on cake.Its insanely fast and accurate.It easily detects my face even at extreme angles.And the assistive lighting is a very good addition.It works even in total darkness.

Dash charge surprises me even today.It's fast and cool.Phone doesn't get heated up even with this insanely fast charging speed.when oneplus says 'a day's power in half an hour',i never thought they were really serious.Dash charge changed my charging habits.I haven't charged this phone more that 1 hour(I try to keep my phone between 20-90 percent battery),while my family members have to charge their phone for atleast 2 hours to get near full charge.I don't have to charge my phone overnight,I can wake up in morning,see my phone at 15% battery,connect my dash charger,and till I get ready for college after bath, its almost 90% charged.

I love that how easy is to flash custom roms on oneplus devices and developer support for these devices.My old phone was htc desire 816g.It shipped with android 4.4.2 and was never upgraded to lollipop.It had a long process to unlock bootloader and the very few custom roms available for that phone were very unstable.I had tried custom rom on my fathers galaxy s duos,and that custom rom was amazing.It brought life to that old,slow phone.When I checked xda forums for oneplus 3/3t custom roms,I was surprised how many custom roms were available for these devices.Now oneplus 5 also has a great number of custom roms available.

And one more thing that surprised me about my oneplus 5 was how it was able to change my samsung fanboy brother(older than me) to oneplus user.He always chose samsung devices for him and family.My father and mother don't know much about phones and always used the phone he chose for them.He wasn't letting me buy oneplus 5 when I was buying new phone for me.He said that this is a Chinese company,they don't make good phones,samsung is best,etc.And today,as I am writing this,he is holding his oneplus 5t in his hands:p:tearsofjoy:.

doekus, Jay Curdy, meatandy and 2 others like this.
  11. the_derek Froyo Mar 19, 2018

the_derek, Mar 19, 2018 :
    I purchase new mobile phones frequently. When phones started growing in size, I was among the first of friends to purchase the all new "phablets". Luckily, I was among the first to acquire the OnePlus One upon release and marveled at the build quality and screen size as 5.5" was among the biggest sizes back in the day. Soon after, I went to a 5.7" screen, to a 6", to a 6.4". When the OnePlus 2 came out with a 5.5" screen, I couldn't go smaller.
    So I took a break from the brand, I admired everything they did but I couldn't deal with a smaller screen. It's like televisions, you can't ever buy a smaller TV. So with the OnePlus 5T, I finally returned to the brand with their all new 6" screen. The performance is top notch, the battery life is amazing and the battery charging rate is record-breaking. Face Unlock happens instantaneously and works wonders when my phone is on my desk. I prefer having the fingerprint sensor on the back of a device, so having Face Unlock is another lifesaver in terms of usability.
    Above all though, what blows me and everyone away the most is the battery charging. With the supplied Dash Charger, and my purchased Dash Charger in my car I have never had to worry so little about battery life since I've owned mobile phones. Luckily though, with only two sides favoring either long battery life, or quick charging, we can have both with our 5T. My battery life and screen-on time is the best I've ever experienced, and if I ever have a marathon day of playing Pokemon Go, I can take a quick 30-or-so minute break to get enough juice to continue on for hours.
    Hopefully screens keep getting better, performance keeps increasing, and battery life gets measured in days instead of hours.

12. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Mar 19, 2018 :
    There was an unexpected launch from OnePlus recently. I wasn’t expecting OnePlus to launch a Limited Star Wars Edition OnePlus 5T. But, they did. It was one of the most surprising launch from OnePlus. So, let’s talk more about the Star Wars Edition.

The first thing to keep in mind, while reading this, is that I don’t own/have the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Edition personally. Now, being said that, let’s start talking. Also, note that now onwards, I will refer to the Star Wars Edition as SWE in this post.

The Unboxing Experience of the OnePlus 5T SWE seemed to be completely different than the rest of the line-up, including the Lava Red Edition. In this experience, the first thing which comes is the box itself. And that black box looked dope. I wish that was the regular box packaging from OnePlus from their devices. As soon as we opened the box, we had that beautiful looking White (I wished it was black, though) SWE OnePlus 5T. And that RED Alert Slider was a plus on the device. I wish this is made common on all OnePlus devices now.

Now, getting further into the box, we had that thick SWE Case, which made the SWE an extra little touch of the Star Wars Movie, as it was inspired by a famous character in the movie. Do I need to name the character? I don’t think so. After that, we just had that regular charging brick, and the cable.

Then, there was a surprise hidden even inside the box. Yes, you would have guessed it right. The poem/riddle card. It had a secret message saying “SCRIBBLE WITH PENCIL” hidden in the poem. And then we needed to find a secret compartment to find the surprise. On finding the secret compartment, we had that holographic pyramid. Now, that is something innovative and surprising. You know how sick it looked on the video, but I guess that would have been much better looking in person. Maybe, that won’t be a reason to buy the device, but it was just cool to see that, nonetheless.

Adding to that complete unboxing experience, the raw power in the device is known to all. Also, the FACE UNLOCK added by the OnePlus is better than the Trusted Face offered by Google. It might not be the most secure way, but it’s crazy fast. I can say this after using it on my OnePlus 5 since quite some time now. A feature, that’s useful, is all that we all want. And OnePlus nailed it with this. Thanks!

A ton of thanks to all those who took out their time to read this post. Also, thanks @Ruby G. (Tagged!) for giving this amazing opportunity to all of us.

Jay Curdy, meatandy, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  13. MentalDraco Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

MentalDraco, Mar 19, 2018 :
    I am not one to change phones that often, and I do not expect anything special from my phones, other then for them to do their job.

So how did the 5T stack up in my case.

Well as I said in other posts I was more of an iPhone user so for starters I was surprised by the packaging :D it was very nice, all well packed, but for the next one could you please make a black and red box, just for me pretty please O.O.

The other thing that surprised me was how nice the overall color of the display was, after I calibrated it to my preference. I used black phones for eons, and all of them when you had something black on your screen you could clearly see how washed out the black was compared to the black body, so I was impressed by the display.

I was amazed with the SOT the phone was getting, and how fast it recharges, I can barely make a sandwich and the phone has gone from 10 % to 60 % very very pleased with that.

I will also say I like the red cable, noting major but I just like it a lot ^w^ (black and red would have been even better :D )

I certainly was impressed with how snappy it all was, and still is even after more then 3 moths, the phone is still fast.

I was also surprised by the customization possibilities, not only the ones I could install and mess with like Substratum, but the default ones as well, can't tell you how long I wanted a dark mode on my iPhone, but never got it.

Also even if I knew it and a trait of android, it was still hilarious how easy it was to set up a custom RINGTONE, if you used a iPhone you know what I mean :D.

Other thins that wore a nice surprise wore things like split screen, how the notifications are displayed, the fact you get a messenger bubble, even if I know those are general in android and i knew the 5T had them, coming straight off a iPhone it was still a bit of a wake up call.

As a negative surprise was the inconsistency of the camera, yes it can take good shots but it also messes up a lot of them... I have seen good and I have seen bad cameras, but the 5T seems to switch between these whenever it pleases.

Now in my country phones are very expensive in general so the thing that surprised me the most was how much phone I got for the price, I was pleased with that, and I know you can find phones in the same price and spec range, but combined with the OS implementation I think it raises over those choices.

And I can't forget the one last but perhaps the most important thing....

I was surprised to see such a big community around it to cover anything from bugs to suggestions for improvement :D

ElfStone, meatandy, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.
  14. Ash645 Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2018

Ash645, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Yes!

Well, I can say it grew on me, rather.

I was a Nexus fanatic and a part-time Android dev/fiddler, had every one of it that came out till the 6 (which was my least favorite).After that, it became just another smartphone for the rest of the world.

The Nexus 5 was my most favorite device. I struggled to find a replacement for it. Nothing came close to it's stock Android experience, it's still relevant (well, it still works great, so.. :p) hardware, great community etc.

That's when the OnePlus (3/3T) fever started creeping in. It was all a Nexus was supposed to be. almost stock experience, great performance, nice price point, etc. I thought i found my next phone to start going crazy on with apps and develment and all the bells and whistles that comes along with it.

My Nexus didn't back down, not yet. Due to it's hardcore community, it received Nougat. More stable builds got released and I heard the rumours about the OP5. Which made me hold on a bit longer. It was impressive, the hardware specs, especially the RAM, caught my attention!

I TOOK THE PLUNGE!

But then I had trouble buying the damn thing! X( It came damaged at first. Which I got sent back with much difficulty (If only I were part of this community sooner, would've seeked @SoniaB 's help :) ) The seller then refunded the money saying it's too "Risky" to ship another one! Then I switched to other online retailers and none of them delivered to my place (yeah, I live in an old shack in the middle of nowhere XD) I then found a local retailer who managed to get a few legit handsets. I told him I'll be getting it the moment I reach my neighbourhood since I was travelling at that time. And when I reached, they we're all sold out! Apparently, all those sales were made using cash, so the idiot shopkeeper had no reason to wait for my arrival.

I WAS PISSED! IT WAS LIKE I WAS BEING STOPPED FROM PURCHASING THIS PHONE!

I just gave up and went back home and started forking Oreo builds for my Nexuses.

I remember it clearly like it was yesterday!

It was last September where I started hearing rumours about the 5T. It took me by surprise! It never looked like a T! I remember 3/3T being very aesthetically identical. But not with the 5T! It was like all the flaws of my Nexus, refined! Huge RAM, better battery, better camera, more screen/less bezels, it was an upgrade in every way (ik, duh!) but the best part was the price!!! I fell for it hard!

I remember checking into every online channel on the 21st of November last year, trying to grab the first one I see.. even though I'm shipping to my friend who's 500kms away. it felt worth!

THEY WERE ALL SOLD OUT! FOR THE FIRST THREE DAYS!

After few days of agony came a good News that a local retailer partnered with OnePlus, are allowing customers to experience the phone, on hand!

I swear! with my both Nexus 5 and 6 on hand, the 5T was just on another level! It was similar to going from a 500 cc go-kart to a Lambo! Man, was it fast and it still is! Oh, not to mention that huge a$$ screen! :D

I GOT IT IN A HEARTBEAT!! FINALLY! :D

The worst part was, the stupid unboxing was done by the retailer to make sure I got a good piece. He spoiled the experience of getting a new phone for me! I'll buy a new one just for the sake of getting the OnePlus unboxing experience! XD

And now, finally, I'm part of this lovely community!! I've met really nice people here, who made/still make me stick around! I would tag them all, but I will miss a few, which I don't want to do! Those are the people who know that I know that they know that I look out for them! XD

Thanks guys! It was a fun ride, the last few months, and I'm loving it so far! You guys made a great phone! @OnePlus!

oh, and thanks for the talk @Ruby G. It was fun! :)

Jay Curdy, GopalB., meatandy and 5 others like this.
  15. surhab Cupcake Mar 19, 2018

surhab, Mar 19, 2018 :
    OnePlus is a company full of surprises! They brought their own version of FaceID! Face Unlock. When I first tried it on my friend’s OnePlus 5T, I was shocked! The videos weren’t fake! It was fast. Just a look and whoops, there goes the lockscreen, welcome to your home screen .

I was also surprised by the customization possibilities, not only the ones I could install and mess with like Substratum, but the default ones as well, can't tell you how long I wanted a dark mode on my iPhone, but never got it.

Also even if I knew it and a trait of Android, it was still hilarious how easy it was to set up a custom RINGTONE if you used an iPhone you know what I mean.

The other thing that surprised me was how nice the overall color of the display was, after I calibrated it to my preference. I used black phones for eons, and all of them when you had something black on your screen you could clearly see how washed out the black was compared to the black body, so I was impressed by the display.

Other things that wore a nice surprise wore things like split screen, how the notifications are displayed, the fact you get a messenger bubble, even if I know those are general in Android and I knew the 5T had them, coming straight off an iPhone it was still a bit of a wake-up call. No genius work has zero flaws though, and this one had it, one thing FaceID could do, it couldn’t unlock in darkness. Trust me, it works in 0 nits :D They showed something every company should follow: Ideas are great, but how you execute them makes all the difference.

As a negative surprise was the inconsistency of the camera, yes it can take good shots but it also messes up a lot of them... I have seen good and I have seen bad cameras, but the 5T seems to switch between these whenever it pleases.

As usual, OnePlus lived up to its expectations, they introduced Face Unlock with Assistive Lighting. Just like their way of delivering front camera flash by lighting up the screen as bright as possible, they lit up the display when the surrounding light wasn’t enough for the camera to detect your face!

#plagerism #copied #toseehowwordcountworks #credittorealauthors

16. RogerF81 Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

RogerF81, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Yes. I'm surprised espacially about the battery life. Although it's a well-known fact, that the Snapdragon 835 is a highly efficient chip and makes great results in other devices, too, it's amazing to see how good it works in my beloved OnePlus 5. My best result so far have been 10 hours Screen-on-time on one single day. The last 3 days (!) though, I could leave the device without charging and I still reached a screen-on-time of more than 8 hours! That's simply amazing. In this context, I'm highly surprised by Dash charge as well. In my opinion, it's by far the best charging solution in the market. It's remarkable, how good this works. Firstly, in terms of speed, it’s nearly unbelieveable good to see how fast the phone is charged from 0 to 80%. After this, it takes a bit longer, but that’s cool and no problem, I guess it’s just a normal physical or chemical behaviour. But second, and that’s even more important, ist he fact, that the phone’s battery stays completely cool while charging. While other Quick Charging solutions are about as fast as Dash charge, they make the battery getting quite warm. That’s why the capacity of the batteries go down, respectively the lifetime of the batteries decrease (as I experienced on my two former phones). But Dash Charge managest to only make the charger itself getting warm, which is no problem at all, but again, the battery (and therefore the phone itself as well) stay cool, which only can help the battery’s lifespan. With this being said, my battery results I mentioned above, are still possible without any problems on a phone, which is now half a year old. On my former phones (LG G4 and HTC 10), the battery capacity already decreased significantly after 6 months, and I wasn’t able to get the same battery life as when these phones have been new. So, I’m quite surprised, that a quite „small“ company as OnePlus, is able to beat Qualcomm by simply inventing the better charging solution, and by optimizing the software that far, that this outstanding battery life is possible. Sure, not everything is perfect in terms of software, but I guess OnePlus moves in the right direction. Hopefully they keep going and hopefully they keep being developer friendly. Perhaps this is one point to mention as well, why I am surprised about OnePlus. I’m surprised that they still manage being developer friendly, letting their users unlock the bootloader without any hassle, without voiding the warranty. Perhaps that’s the most outstanding and most inspiring point about OnePlus. I guess there are a lot people around, who simply want to play with their phones, without having to worry about warranty. And in times, when Samsung and co. Close down their phones more and more, that’s for sure a fresh breath of air. At least in my case, this has been the biggest pro argument for buying the OnePlus 5. And the community is always able to improve things even a bit further. And I guess, this should not be seen as criticism against OnePlus, but more like suggestions, like „this or that could be a bit better“. Android is such a mobile system, that lives by the many possibilities to contribute and making things better. And while other OEMs trample on these thoughts, OnePlus tries to cherish this. That’s for sure something which surprises me. So, keep going, keep trying, make things better, and truly, never settle.

17. Russell_Durose Donut Mar 19, 2018

Russell_Durose, Mar 19, 2018 :
    The OnePlus 5T is my first OnePlus phone. I always bought Samsung until recently. The OnePlus 5T is fast and colourful. Love it!!!

Pradeep@1+, Dresa91 and Ruby G. like this.
  18. GopalB. Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

GopalB., Mar 19, 2018 :
    One more... :p
    So... Was there anything about the most recent OnePlus device that surprised you?

Well... As I'm OnePlus 5 owner...
    The entire existence of the most recent OnePlus device (OnePlus 5T) surprised me... ;)

But let's not go that way...

So I watched the OnePlus 5T launch event live... And that was the 1st time I watched any launch even completely from start to finish... That too live!!!

Why was that???
    Coz I was surprised from start till the finish...

The way history was told, and how and why things happens in OnePlus was explained was extraordinary for me...

I thought launch events are for explaining and exploring the phone to be launched!!! But OnePlus surprised me there...

That event was for OnePlus as a whole!!!
    We got the understanding about who we reached till that phone!!!

So I was getting surprises after surprises from OnePlus since the day this most recent device or OnePlus 5T was announced!!!

Amd to this very day... It keeps on surprising me... Via all those comparison videos on YouTube...

Keep surprising and never stop expanding... #NEVER_SETTLE

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

meatandy, Ash645, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  19. jerin varghese Cupcake Mar 19, 2018

Dresa91 likes this.
  20. Vinicius_Castro Gingerbread Mar 19, 2018