[Let's Talk] Was there anything about the most recent OnePlus device that surprised you?

1. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2018

2. Marc Schermesser Cupcake Apr 22, 2018

3. Akash Iyer Cupcake Apr 26, 2018

4. Z1524456296513 Cupcake Apr 29, 2018

5. pl.nielsen Donut Apr 29, 2018

pl.nielsen, Apr 29, 2018 :
    Something that surprised me? Oh sure, the terrible accent colors, the underwhelming options for long press/double tap on navigation buttons, the no-clipboard-manager (I had LG before).

The rest was ok and fine.

6. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs Honeycomb Apr 29, 2018

G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs, Apr 29, 2018 :
    camera quality wow so much ****** up ,poor,bull, olily [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e], bad processing of image just surprised me[e]1f603[/e]

7. ozgyrex Cupcake May 2, 2018

8. 0rang3 Donut May 9, 2018

9. Pulikanti Tarun Froyo May 9, 2018

Pulikanti Tarun, May 9, 2018 :
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to OnePlus phones in the first place as was a little apprehensive about buy it in the first place, As i was also a guy who thought buying a 10k to 15k phone is more then enough for the day to day use but I was surprised investing a little more money into what is something that we take for granted and use everyday.

I was a die hard fan of Motorola Phones and was happy to see that the G series brought it back in business into the budget phone market and I started using them since the 1st Generation Moto G. But after the Lenovo took it over I wanted to move on and buy a device that was good and also had faster updates with better specs and I was pointed to OnePlus5T(Star wars Edition) by the online community of YouTube reviewers Like UnBoxTherpy and MKBHD their valuable inputs on the phone made the choice for me as I was being assured enough about the investment.

When I got the Phone I was just blown out of the water with the performance, Snappy interface, No bloat wear and just had the features that we all need and adore so much.

The one thing that made me happy was the audio quality that i was able to get from phone, Music was just awesome listening with my Beats earphones.

The screen real estate was something that made me fall in love with the phone was its really immersive and bright in any lighting conditions.

When coming to performance there was no compliant as the 8GB of ram just took care of anything that was thrown at it with ease, with the renowned Snapdragon 835 SOC it was unstoppable.

As i moved from the Moto G series to OnePlus i was worried about the UI but as both of them are very close to stock Android I was at ease. No learning curve at all.

The only grip i have about the phone is the battery performance as its a bit inconsistent but Dash charging is something comes to the rescue always and just keeps the phone topped up when needed and its just the fastest out there.

To conclude i would like to say that you have earned a true fan, especially when people like me who are always looking for new tech to buy.

I may not be a youtuber or a tech reviewer who writes blogs online but I being so connected to tech world people always take my advice to make their choices and suggesting OnePlus was just like breathing.

Thank you
    Tarun Pulikanti

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. raghu6763 Honeycomb May 22, 2018

11. outpin Honeycomb May 25, 2018

outpin, May 25, 2018 :
    I was surprised my the glass back and the lack of wireless charging.

12. MasterSwami Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2018

13. sabir.sayed Honeycomb Jul 11, 2018

sabir.sayed, Jul 11, 2018 :
    YES! YES! YES!

IT JUST DIED AFTER 6 MONTHS LUCKILY IT'S UNDER WARRANTY BUT I CANNOT CLAIM THE WARRANTY AS I PURCHASED IT FROM MUMUBAI AND NOW ME IN DUBAI.

I AM STILL SURPRISED

:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

14. jstiggie Gingerbread Jul 11, 2018

jstiggie, Jul 11, 2018 :
    I am quite surprised by the 6. I had the one, the two, the three, the five and all of them from day one. I always ordered within roll out day and was always disappointed. Each device had issues or was not up to what was initially promised. I always thought that oneplus will make it right with the next device. What was I wrong. With the 6 I waited with the purchase, already checking competitors. The first reviews of users here have been quite fine, so I decided to give it shot. So far the best oneplus device and I have nothing to complain about. Keep on improving and I will be happy to stay loyal and to support you. You are doing great steps forward and promising updates for two years is great! Keep rocking oneplus!

15. sukku002 Eclair Jul 11, 2018

sukku002, Jul 11, 2018 :
    Why would OnePlus want to take off fingerprint gestures on OnePlus 6 while it was there on its predecessor, OnePlus 5t?
    May be including gestures for FP sensor would be a great if added.
    Here are some actions that would work great with gestures.
    1. Double tap to sleep.
    2. Swipe up from home screen to open app drawer.
    3. Swipe down to expand notification drawer.
    4. Swipe up or down to scroll in lists of any app. For example, contacts, Facebook feeds, etc.,

There is possibility for much more with gestures. Will OnePlus add those to at least OnePlus 6 in near future?

csuyash likes this.
  16. Pot Noodle Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2018

Pot Noodle, Aug 30, 2018 :
    How bad the blueBluet is it's shocking.

17. Israk Ahmed Cupcake Sep 4, 2018

Israk Ahmed, Sep 4, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

I am having a battery issue in my op5 when I fully charge my phone to 100% and then use it in routine. The drainage from 100 to 60 is too fast and then it drains on a medium scale. Also the overall drainage has depleted to half a day, which means the 100 battery dies in half a day and so I have to charge my phone 2 times a day. Could you guys please resolve it through a software update maybe or do I need to go for replacing the batteries ?

Please suggest.

18. Wandtron Froyo Sep 4, 2018

Wandtron, Sep 4, 2018 :
    i use an Oneplus 5T, i like to have this phone. I like, that i could open it later after the warrenty (from the hardware build side), if the battery died (this point made me sadly lose my personal interest on the Oneplus 6 and maybe on the following phones). I like that there is no Notch, but i do not if this would change, if i use an phone with an notch for an while. I am suprised and happy that we got projekt Treble and front portrait mode. I like that we still get an headphone jack on oneplus phones. But sadly my Oneplus two died because of an bad memory chip a short time after i got my 5T, so at the moment i am an little bit nervos, if this issue is not happening again, because this was my third device, there the main memory get into an read only mode, every devices had an samsung emmc chip.

19. G_Akash_VT_LTSE Eclair Oct 29, 2018