[Let's Talk] Was there anything about the most recent OnePlus device that surprised you?

1. G_Viru Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2019

2. RakeshZn Gingerbread Jan 11, 2019

RakeshZn, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Just improve the Camera both front and Rear and make the potrait mode full screeen that its...

3. sunxavierdebbarma Froyo Jan 18, 2019

sunxavierdebbarma, Jan 18, 2019 :
    what surprised me in the latest update is the amount of bugs i got from the update which just made me lose hope in oneplus.

4. J1547811322481 Cupcake Jan 18, 2019

5. needa Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

needa, Feb 20, 2019 :
    OK. But I don't know that you are going to like what I have to say. I was surprised that you guys decided to go with the in display FP sensor. It's slower than your normal sensor and is far from perfect, yet yall marketed it as if it were faster and better. At least there was a tweet saying as much before the phone was released. I am also surprised that you guys have lowered the quality of some of the hardware in order to hit a price point. Speaking specifically of the speaker.
    These two issues are the reason I still have my OP5 and those two issues are also why I will be keeping my OP5 until the wheels fall off.
    Simply put- Your phones just aren't as good as they used to be. Those words actually coming out of my mouth, is what surprises me most of all.

PrismereKnight likes this.
  6. R1551084040315 Cupcake Feb 25, 2019

R1551084040315, Feb 25, 2019 :
    Hi Team,

I own one plus 5 phone. I purchased it 1 year 4 months back.
    From past 3-4 months I am experiencing blurred front photos and have noticed that it happens intermittently. I am not able to use my front camera from quite sometime. This may be because of some system update.

Could you please help me with this issue.I have also uploaded some sample images to support my point

Thanks,
    Kumar Pallav
    1551084660581.jpg

1551084660739.jpg

1551084660875.jpg

Attached Files:

7. I1551771511051 Cupcake Mar 5, 2019

8. U1511804178517 Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

9. johnpasierbowicz Froyo Apr 12, 2019

johnpasierbowicz, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Well, at first I was very happy with my One plus 5, but slowly things went downhill. One huge issue I seem to face is with Navigation apps often going haywire on me if I try to log in to them. Once this occurs I have to uninstall and reinstall the app, and now I no longer attempt to log in. It reduces the features available to me but at least I can get to where I want to go instead of watching the map give me inaccurate info and no directions. Another oddity was that group chat feature would tell me who was sending messages, so I was guessing who was saying what, in fact, for a while, I couldn't even send group messages with the default text app. This has since been recently resolved, but the problem lives on in my mind. A third issue I see is with Android Auto, it does not work well with the OP5, which stinks because I was very excited to have this in my 98 Wrangler and the cool radio I installed. A fourth issue, spotty WiFi/T-Mobile connections. Randomly after various releases I lose speed with data connections. A fifth issue, screen burn in. I have burn in on my screen, and it's starting to look darker (even reddish), I can see app circles on my screen as I type. It's no big deal but how does this happen? Maybe my phone is just old, like me, but I shouldn't have to get a new phone every year to avoid these issues. There are more issues I could mention, but at this point nobody will listen anyway. Definitely disappointed in the camera, which was touted as so great, it's good, but low light pics don't come out well. Now my battery seems to be draining much faster than it used too, and volume for speaker is not loud enough at Max level. OK, so what's good? The cost, but I guess you get what you pay for, right? I will look at the 7 when it comes out, but if it doesn't come out soon I will consider a Samsung or Apple phone instead, this phone is about done...

1555089868195.jpg

free 1555090484953.jpg

1555090485050.jpg

1555089868324.jpg

10. Jayaseelan2017 Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

Jayaseelan2017, Apr 12, 2019 :
    OnePlus devices have always surprised me. I’ve followed them straight from the announcement of OnePlus to take ideas from the people to build the perfect smartphone, for the people, by the people.

Prior to the release of the OnePlus 5T, Apple launched their revolution, the perfection of the iPhone, the smartphone that shook the industry. 10 years of hard work had peid off! That bezel-less display and the notch seems to have been a revolution! And of course, FaceID, who would’ve thought, simply looking at your phone and it magically unlocks?! Magic!

The OnePlus 5T, the first thing that caught my attention was that design. OnePlus finally implementing that beautiful 18:9 display! Better late than never 

Positives first, OnePlus was listening. People complained about the terrible results of the OnePlus 5 camera in low light, OnePlus introduced a special camera to take care of this. People wanted people to adapt to the new design standard, OnePlus complied. People wanted them to keep the headphone jack, they kept it!

And of course! OnePlus is a company full of surprises! They brought their own version of FaceID! Face Unlock. When I first tried it on my friend’s OnePlus 5T, I was shocked! The videos weren’t fake! It was fast. Just a look and whoops, there goes the lockscreen, welcome to your homescreen  No genius work has zero flaws though, and this one had it, one thing FaceID could do, it couldn’t unlock in darkness. As usual, OnePlus lived up to its expectations, they introduced Face Unlock with Assistive Lighting. Just like their way of delivering front camera flash by lighting up the screen as bright as possible, they lit up the display when the surrounding light wasn’t enough for the camera to detect your face! Trust me, it works in 0 nits  They showed something every company should follow: Ideas are great, but how you execute them makes all the difference.

Soon after the videos

11. F_DrVishal_Vernekar_QBpe Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

12. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2019

paulomodesto, Apr 24, 2019 :
    I come here to say exact same thing...
    The "Flagship killer" Slogan have to be changed...
    That´s already part of the past...

13. John j Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

14. mayankkumar Honeycomb May 24, 2019

mayankkumar, May 24, 2019 :
    Okay. Until two days ago, I had been using my Oneplus 5T without the L1 widevine installed. But finally i had it Done at the Exclusive Service center ( no data wipe was needed there) and after reaching home happily knowing that finally i will stream Netflix and prime videos in HD, the happiness didn't lasted long. I found out that streaming and downloading on Both Netflix and prime videos is still SD quality like before. Reinstalled the apps, no success.
    After browsing through the forum, i found out that plenty of users had the same issue even after the L1 installation.
    So i have tried contacting Oneplus support but there has not been any acknowledgement of my query as to what is actually missing so that 5T user can play videos in hd on Netflix and prime video. I have tweeted multiple times to no response.. Ruby atleast acknowledged my query comment on a thread about the same issue and told me to contact @Manu J. And i have sent him my issue and awaiting response. Have also submitted a feedback of the same hoping they respond back with a solution, if there is any because after a detailed contact with Prime video support, below is the screenshot of what they said. Quoting it here too.

"It's just that until one plus 5t phones the L1 widevine certification is only for the software but in order to stream/download the HD prime videos, the phone should have a L1 widevine certification on both hardware and the sofware of the device.

It is available from one plus 6 and the later models as these phones by default come with the L1 widevine certification for both hardware and software."

This actually shattered all my hopes of playing hd videos in prime video and now on Netflix as well but i have seen in forum thay some users were able to get Netflix playing hd content back in last year after L1. So why am I not able to? And so are other users that I contacted through a whatsapp group?
    Here i am, a desperate user of 5T begging you all to shed some light on my issue and that what can be done now given that how highly Oneplus had rated the 5t back then. Stream play HD content on this beautiful display and stuff. Absolutely devastated to know that a device like 5t is lacking this basic feature. I hope people here in forum help me out. Netflix support told me that device is not blacklisted. It is capable of playing hd videos but contact Oneplus support if L1 has been done properly or not. I checked through Drminfo and it shows L1.
    So please, help me escalate this issue and even though there is no solution, I'd atleast want a response from Oneplus officials as to what the issue is.
    Please.

Update - Netflix is now in hd after the app settings rest .but prime video is still SD quality only .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2019

15. Martin Bonnet Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019