[Let's Talk] What are your tips and tricks for keeping your device in good shape?

1. rayoustriva1980
    Froyo Aug 28, 2018

2. nickhudson
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2018

3. kktpsa
    Froyo Dec 29, 2018

kktpsa , Dec 29, 2018 :
    To keep the phone running well and secured.
    Disable all google crap like Pay, google, ok google, x google, photos, duo, chrome, bookmark provider, facebook services, play music, videos, liabrary, Android system webview, calender, calender storage, etc.
    Use oneplus callender or any other you know.

disable sync services if you are not using google backup. disable google Drive if you are dont use it.
    If any of these have no disable option then Restrict their background data usage, data usage, Wifi usage.
    For photos videos browsers install alternatives. like vlc player for videos. Use oneplus gallery for photos. Any other adfree music player you will find loads of them.
    Facebook tries to keep watch in your everything, which is not good for the ram battery and processor . So use facebook lite. or if you are not the one who keeps facebook connected, then login and out through web browser. Tinfoil facebook is also good app(disable its location permission).

4. rayoustriva1980
    Froyo Jan 4, 2019

rayoustriva1980 , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Oh
    oh, even the calendars should be disabled? Do they take up a lot of RAM?

5. kktpsa
    Froyo Jan 4, 2019

kktpsa , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Google calendar is one of googles app that keeps track on your privacy. If you use calender, you can keep it, or install a different one that does not need many permissions.

6. xSPARExSTEWx
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

xSPARExSTEWx , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Biggest thing for a T-Mobile 6t is to switch to the international ROM so you get timely updates and tell TMobile to cut the crap.[e]1f602[/e]

kktpsa likes this.
  7. Mitchie23
    Cupcake May 13, 2019

Mitchie23 , May 13, 2019 :
    I usually let my device rest after using it every 1 1/2- 2 hours. Devices get tired too. recharging it or just leaving it for half an hour and turn my attention to something else.

This might be off topic but let's change the question, What are your tips and tricks for keeping yourself in good shape while playing with your device? :D