[Let's Talk] What is it like being a OnePlus fan in your country?

1. dsw28
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

dsw28 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    It is interesting if someone sees my 5T and asks which smartphone that is, I was synonymous with the OP3 already. If you answer with One Plus you often get the question "HTC One?" and then has to explain first.
    In my opinion, the awareness of One Plus in Germany is not widespread, but my enthusiasm does not diminish. I find it a special feature to use One Plus. A One Plus is more noticeable than a Samsung or Apple smartphone, where I'm concerned with the price-performance ratio and not the unique selling point. There is always someone who has something to criticize. Most criticisms of non-one-plus users should be known, but you can usually refute the reference to price / performance.
    One Plus is on the right track in Germany, but the path is still long.
    - translated by Google
    ;)

Damonp87, buntycubal, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  2. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 19, 2018

youbi , Mar 19, 2018 :
    I'm from Portugal, and I guess I can say that it's not an easy task. :p Because its still not an widely known brand so you get the occasional "OneP what?" :confused: when you say the phone brand name :p But things have been changing and day by day Oneplus is getting more common and known by everyone.

The early Oneplus days

In the early 2014 days, there was a completely madness in the Portuguese section and the dream of getting an invite for buying the first Oneplus device. The forum was full of those tech-savvy people that knew all specs and also what having a phone with Cyanogen OS by default meant.

When the price was revealed it went even more crazier. :p We even decided to get things organized and started a thread with a list for giving out the first invites and make sure they were well distributed by all the Portuguese users. :D Basically all this helped on creating a sort of family environment between all and everyone was always ready to help the needed.

I'm not sure about the numbers, but seeing the amount of users talking about the phone I think it did great, especially for a new brand, and converted many users that were loyal to other brands to Oneplus (I was one of them that left Apple behind and never looked back :p).

2015 the year of the disappointments

2015 came, and to be honest it didn't left nice memories in most Oneplus Portuguese fans, they were expecting something even greater after the opo, but both the op2 and the opx failed on those promises and because of that, some users that loved their opo and decided to move to the next great thing were caught of guard and disappointed with what they got.

We had many users that were long time presence on the forum that simply got so disappointed that they left and never looked back.

2016 - Getting back to the basics

Luckily despite 2015 such a bad year it seems that served as a wake up call to OnePlus and they got their foot back on the ground and went back to the basics on whats makes a great phone. And since then, the op3 and following phones, have been showing it with a strong and steady evolution model by model.

This also helped on the changing of the main audience to Oneplus devices, where now you get not only the tech-savvy looking for the best bang for the buck, but also the average users that don't know anything about specs, but just want a fast and reliable phone. So now you occasionally see someone using the phone on the streets but its still a rare sight and you kind of get surprised when it happens. :sweatsmile:

To be honest I feel that only if Oneplus devices started being sold through some carrier this feeling would change and then Oneplus can really become a mainstream brand and not just a market niche. But until then it will still flourish the feeling that you are part of a different brand and that when you see someone using one too you do a sort of head nod, meaning hey, I see that you are one of us. :D

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 12 others like this.
  3. pinto123
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

pinto123 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Once upon a time in India, in the year 2014, the itch was to get an iphone and show off my flashy possession. But my inner voice always didn't like iPhone for its mere limitation and caged user experience. Then it all started, looking for a replacement exactly feature rich, ease of use and a hell of a device performance., of course Camera.

Soon I met Google uncle, clogged chrome with n number of tabs... Finally there she was, all in Grey, slim figure, little rough which I can live with... THE ONE....

Then the desperation started for an Invite... Again bugged Google uncle... Oh.. I must thank my office bandwidth for that being IT guy [e]1f609[/e] helped grab all the bandwidth I needed find her. Reading lots on OP forums led me to apply for an invite... As my luck turns out, I get an invite in a day... I just activate my account, then the second innings begins convincing my wife...

I had to play my birthday gift swap for The One. After much of convincing on iPhone vs the one, I got the approval with a sweet smile on her face... Such a love... Thanks my dear...

The relationship with my One was she was always with me which I ran into trouble with my love, later I settled down slowly. The ride with One started with the liberty from oneplus that we could root her and still under warranty, oh man that! That just made me try out loads of custom roms all over oneplus forums and xda.... So many of them..

It was a prized procession and I had placed it on my table keeping it shiny. Everyone who saw was very curious in asking which is it? That is proud moment, I think it's same for many others out here... And wherever I took out of my pocket, it was an attraction. Soon I started promoting oneplus brand to so many people, including my boss who bought OP3 last year and several of my friends got 2, 3 and 3t as well.

OP is more than a brand, I say it is a CULT.

After 38 months my One was taken over by slimmer queen The 5ive. And that's another story......

@Ruby G.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  4. lutti
    KitKat Mar 19, 2018

lutti , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Finland was one of the first countries on the list to get OnePlus One and OnePlus has been very well received here. It has been one of the top selling devices as we have even a shop here to sell OnePlus phones directly. I think Finland is one of the bigger countries when it comes to cell phones as we had the one of the biggest company here in a quite small country. Well they were known for quality products but not for affordable prices like OnePlus. I was among the first people to get my hands on One back in the day but after i got mine i saw many people with Ones and i wholeheartedly recommended One for anyone who was looking for the best phone on the market and as far as i know people were happy. These days i don't even have to recommend OnePlus to anyone since it's so big in my country. It's a little sad that i can't really recommend OnePlus like i did back when One was their only phone but i hope OnePlus will at least have some sense in them and not go into the high price range phones more than they have already done. 500€ for a phone is not so much if you think that an iphone costs something like 1100€ here. Not that nearly anyone here uses iphones (i wonder why) but back when One was launched just a couple of years ago 500€ was certainly in the range of high priced phones. Young people seem to have money to throw around so why should the companies care right? So anyway here are some of my thoughts about OnePlus in my country and for what i have seen and heard OnePlus is in good value here. I don't think you get laughed at for having any phone here ...well maybe if you have iphone but that's how it probably should be globally. ;)

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  5. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

MentalDraco , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Hhhh what could I say about being a OnePlus fan in my country, well I suppose I should start with the country...

I come from the idyllic land of Romanian in Europe. A land where iPhones and Samsung's roam our green fields in massive herds.

As you might imagine OnePlus is not exactly known around here, when I get asked by someone what phone I am using I mostly get a confused look, they try to look like they know what I am talking about but clearly have never heard of it.

Now most don't know it, but funny enough I expected people to mistake it for a iPhone because of its looks, but no one asked me if it was a iPhone, usually they think it's from Huwawei or Xiaomi or even Google. This is not necessary because people don't care about phones but around here people like to by phones cheaper from the second hand market, and the second hand market is full of other brands and not OnePlus devices because not only they are in a smaler number, but people keep them and don't resell them, I have meet people that still rock the OnePlus ONE ! and they did not seem to want to pass it on at all :D. So over here price comes very high on the priority list, over all other factors for most.

But I did find a few people with OP devices where I live, and all wore students like me. And they all seemed to like it a lot and we instantly formed a bond over our devices.

Unlike the other phone brands there is almost a brotherly commandery between OnePlus users around here even if there are not so many.

Of course there are disadvantages, for starters unlike India where there are a lot of service centers here not just in my country, but in the EU in general there seems to be a lack of this, this makes stuff like fixing the L1 problem very frustrating. Also it falls to the user to educate each person that asks about ones phone what it is and where it comes from :)).

So I can't say that there is a huge presence around here and I certainly did not find about OnePlus from any local sources but from different tech websites.

Even if the OnePlus community is not huge, actually it's a rarity to run into someone with a OnePlus phone it is certainly a very kind and happy one, they will buy you a drink no questions asked :p.

So how would I summarize the experience of being a OnePlus fan around here? Well it is a quite lonely one on a general level, few around that know about what a OnePlus phone is and even fewer that own it, at least in the region I live, but it is certainly fun to meet one that dose and talk about the phone what we liked and what bugs we found and had to fix :D, they all seem passionate not only about the phone but technology in general. Since then I stumbled on the website, the forum and eventually joined the community proper by getting a OnePlus 5T, after that I came to be part of the international community where I can share my knowledge and learn from others.

And I have to say it has been a most joyous experience and I had the pleasure to make the acquaintance of many wonderful people, from the general forum section to the depths of the wormhole ^w^ it is a great experience each time I go see want people have posted :D like @NeVeR_SeTTLe , thanks for the summon :D, @Nezumi_ ^w^, @Hydra Bob , @Cheetosdust , @beastkay , @GopalB. , @idkwhoiam322 and many many many many... many more, if I was to list all I think that would pass the 500 word barrier byitself :D, so thanks to all for the great time.

And I usually deal with clans and other gaming communities in different online games so the you guys being so friendly was almost shocking :).

And I will keep up the work and keep explaining to people that ask me around here what phone I have what OnePlus is :p.

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 12 others like this.
  6. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Being a fan of something was never my thing. But the idea of liking a brand based on it's performance is never against my policy.

OnePlus is the second brand I ever had my interest on. Until I bought the 3T, i didn't have anyone in my circle with a OnePlus device. Once I got 3T there were several people interested in getting it. I managed to get a group of 6 people to buy 3T, 4 people to buy OP5.

Often users on the forum see me as a OnePlus fan. Supporting OnePlus in India is like being in an elite group. Now it is being considered as a top brand and people are really interested in it. Keep aside the regular Apple, Samsung, HTC, Moto, MI we OnePlus users stand different among friends & family.

More than the fancy features, what I like with OnePlus is the specifications & the option of custom ROMs and mods available. This is the true shape of tech enthusiasts.

My idea of buying a gadget is to do a requirement analysis.
    What do I need?
    How would I use?
    What do I get?
    How much can I pay?
    While sorting my needs narrowed down the options, I was left with a single option “OnePlus”

Once I bought 3T, there’s no looking back till now. To be faithful, this is now the longest I used any device. 14 Months & counting. I recently ordered skins from dbrand to make it usable with a refreshed look for another year or even longer. You won me here OnePlus.

OnePlus gave me something to brag about - Battery life, Decent camera, Winner status of Vday contest. With the research I did on Custom ROMs & Mods, I’m now a tech geek. A finance guy who knows more than his Engineer friends.

Constant updates & backlash from users taught me something valuable.
    Will it produce poorer results in any respect or area?
    Will accessibility of information be lost?
    Will performance be poorer after updation than before?
    Will performance be affected in an undesirable way?
    Will the system slow performance?

Community constantly helps me to learn new things. Thanks to forum brothers @NeVeR_SeTTLe @camohan @SoniaB (bro:p) friends @Baymax @SJBoss @meatandy @zepphead @funmunke @elanglois @cmitchellshaw @Dunnow @The1Lion @thechadd @rusty264 @Chris.C @enzodolan @keithnyc @idkwhoiam322 @GopalB. @BeingIncog @Hydra Bob @varma246 @Android450 @Naman Bhalla @Funk Wizard @hotsauce @LightningXIII @Cheetosdust @Punk_69 @izzykasha @Shadow0929 @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan @DA7801 best foe I ever had @malidan (just kidding dude) many others.

Only not so good moment after I became a part of this community is to see @Adam Krisko leave. Good luck for your future man.
    Special thanks to @NeVeR_SeTTLe @camohan @Crystal Z.

PhFS, funmunke, Dresa91 and 23 others like this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Mar 19, 2018

Dresa91, Mjo, agoinfly and 7 others like this.
  8. Deactivated User
    Mar 19, 2018

Dresa91, G_plusone, Damonp87 and 3 others like this.
  9. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 19, 2018

GopalB. , Mar 19, 2018 :
    So I've been tagged more than once...
    This makes me wanna write something too... :oops:

So What is it like being a OnePlus fan in your country?

@Ruby G. Thanks for asking that question!!! :p

Well... I'm not going into the history of things... As it's already available on many other websites... ;)

So... OnePlus was not a big name in my country (India...) when I got a chance to use my first OnePlus... It was the most popular and 1st flagship killer OnePlus One itself...
    I was not the owner tho... It was just an admirer...

India... Here people buy phones from costly iPhones to cheap Motorolas!!! And criticise all equally...
    We have the power to find the bad in almost anything... And being a fanboy is not ignoring those criticisms... But to dig deep and find the reason behind those flaws... And then correcting others!!! Well... We are not iSheeps afterall...
    Coming back to OnePlus... As its one of the most popular phone brands in India now... And I'm a part of that fanbase too...

It sure is a head turner... Whenever someone sees me using this phone... The 1st question I get is...
    Is this OnePlus 5???
    And the followup question being...
    How do you feel about OnePlus 5T???

So yeah... Being a OnePlus fanboy for me is to keep answering these 2 questions and many more!!! :rolleyes:

And the best part of being a fanboy for me is I love giving answers... ;)
    I'm mostly active on the Community and my friends keep asking me questions like...
    What do you get from this???
    Are you getting paid???
    Do you really help or just troll!!! :rolleyes:

So this is what being OnePlus fanboy is like to me... ;)

Now as this community is the gathering of fanboys and girls... I can avoid talking about this... Get ready for tags... :rolleyes:

It all started with @SurajLoharia someone who helped me in my 1st ever cupcake thread... And is always there to go off-topic with me on any thread we could find... Thanks for being there buddy... :)
    Coming to my second friend @Punk_69, we met in his introduction thread... And we started chatting via DMs... It was fun coz I was new and he was a senior member who helped me many times... :p
    Then came few other nameless friends... (why nameless??? Coz i dont remember... I have poor memory ok...) I remember @Nezumi_ @Android450 and @varma246 tho...

I was enjoying all this...
    And then one day... Out of nowhere @SJBoss introduced me to a place called WoHo... And made me his dobby...

So I became a part of WoHo... Made many friends like @Mr. BG @Chris.C @thechadd @LightningXIII @hotsauce @meatandy @enzodolan @Baymax @Bobbie63 @BobbyVK @Mjo @BeingIncog @Shadow0929 and many more...

Made a frenemy @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan... Jk...

With the arrival of OnePlus 5T made few more friends @Ash645 @Hydra Bob @idkwhoiam322 @NeVeR_SeTTLe (he is not a 5T user tho) @Riddhika Jain @Cheetosdust @MentalDraco and many many more...

I won't tag mods as I consider all of them my friends...
    I'm not that great... Here it goes... Shout out to @script @SoniaB @superplus @Funk Wizard @camohan @keithnyc...

And with this... I'll end my long and pointless post... ;)

Mr. BG, Dresa91, Mjo and 21 others like this.
  10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 19, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Not a valid entry for the rewards, but it's pretty much like this:

[​IMG]

The Portuguese community is rather small, unfortunately.

dudenugget2000, Dresa91, Mjo and 15 others like this.
  11. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 19, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    This isn't what I meant :tearsofjoy:
    That just makes you unique then ;)

Dresa91, Mjo, Damonp87 and 7 others like this.
  12. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2018

MKT_IRFAN3735 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    First of all i thank OnePlus CEO and co-founder for giving a NEVER SETTLE brand Oneplus [e]1f60d[/e] I'm a late lover of Oneplus company when it was 2k16 i was studying my high school and in my school i read the newspaper when i instantly saw the OnePlus 3 i was mesmerized with the design and I said myself to buy this beast so waited so long and day's were gone quickly then now 2k17 I bought ONEPLUS 5[e]1f60d[/e] in October then in November they released 5T but I'm satisfied with the beast OnePlus 5 and i want to be the die hard fan of Oneplus ..... NEVER SETTLE......[e]1f60d[/e]

Dresa91, G_plusone, Damonp87 and 3 others like this.
  13. Sharran39
    Froyo Mar 19, 2018

Sharran39 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    its weird and nice .
    in india there are basically 2 types of ppl
    redmi users and iPhone users
    one can blast at any time while other is just a show piece
    now recently i see a lot of ppl joining pur one plus family all thanks to oneplus's efforts to see through their customer requirements
    actually to be frank my dad was the first one to buy one plus in our vicinity he brought one plus one when it was released.
    everyone was astonished to see the features it possessed .thats when i became a fan of one plus .
    and now when one plus 5t was released,i just bought it will confidence
    and now i could even start a one plus family in my locality
    just in my street there are 2 one plus 5 T ,1 one plus 5 ,1 one plus 3 ,1 one plus one , amazing isnt it
    and not to mention in my clg we have 6 ppl with one plus 5t in my class
    having one plus 5t makes me proud ,i brag to others with my mobile ,its a pride for me in public to use this mobile
    when we use face unlock there are some ppl who are shocked upon the lightning speed.
    ooo ooo i forgot to say this ,im the dp maker for my Friends
    everyone comes to me for a better dp
    one plus made me find a new hobby of photography
    i think i shared all my thoughts
    maybe i might have forgot some stuffs but then its our community we can talk about it in next LET'S TALK
    1521482985276.jpg

1521483094230.jpg

1521483094351.jpg
    my new hobby seems gud isn't it

Dresa91, G_plusone, Ruby G. and 2 others like this.
  14. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

RJBoss , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Here's my another post, @Ruby G., thanks a lot for giving me another chance to show my enduring writing skills here.

I can't say I was a OnePlus fangirl, but the first OnePlus that arrived in my house was OnePlus X. I know OnePlus states that it was one of their non-existent flagship phone ever made, but it's serious camera quality and it's build made me think about owning a OnePlus device in the future.

I used to be a huge Motorola Fan, had used all it's devices under E, G and M (there was only 1) series, but during the use of Moto G5s Plus, my brother brought himself a OnePlus 5 device. It launched itself in June 2017. And it was priced at 37,999 INR. Being from India, made me re-think about spending that amount on a device as I used to think a phone was based mainly on it's tech features and since you can get all of them in a lower priced model, there's no further need of spending on a OnePlus phone or an iPhone to say at the very least.

But, the camera designed at the back, which gave a similar feel to that of owning an iPhone, made me consider going for an iPhone itself. But I didn't. The price barrier came in between once again. My brother didn't even let me hold his OnePlus 5 and see whether it's as real or not, so it was only a dream for me to own one.

Then during November, consider it my luck, or god's willingful grace that he had bestowed upon me, I stumbled on a OnePlus 5T launch ad on Amazon and the price being the same, but the display being like an iPhoneX made me sell off my MotoG5s phone in an instant and spend all my hard earned savings on this super amazing OnePlus 5T model.

I still think if I wasn't a believer, my manifestation wouldn't have been successful, and I wouldn't have been a proud owner of this super amazing OnePlus phone. As @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan quotes it to me, I really have one of the good units designed by the OnePlus.

If I didn't own a 5T, I wouldn't have been on this flawless forum as well (or am I being too hype) lol, and would never have got a chance to be a part of this community amongst others - @Hydra Bob @idkwhoiam322 @NeVeR_SeTTLe @GopalB. @MentalDraco @tanmoyp92 - thanks for being there, always, be it to correct me or belittle me, or like my sarcastic posts as well as some useful ones.

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 6 others like this.
  15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

Bobbie63 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    hell_yes.gif

16. RogerF81
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

RogerF81 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Yeah so being a fan of OnePlus in Germany is a bit difficult I guess. My experiences are that nearly nobody knows about the brand here in my country. Recently, I met a fellow student, who has a OnePlus 3. She’s the first person ever who I met in Germany, who owns a OnePlus device – besides me. I asked her how she came around OnePlus, just because nearly nobody here seems to know OnePlus. She answered that her brother also owns a OnePlus device (still the OnePlus 2, if I remember right), and he has been very satisfied with this device. This has been why she also bought a OnePlus device and she’s extremely satisfied as well. I don’t know her brother, but I guess that he is someone like me: Interested in tech and Android. And only because of this, he came around to OnePlus, and well, has been able to recommend the brand to his sister. Besides, I know that there is a facebook group of OnePlus „fans“ in Germany, which has around 20k members. I mean, it is quite a nice number, but 20k in whole Germany? Hmm, not that much, which would underline my assumption, that there aren’t that many people here, who know the brand. So yeah, as mentioned in the first sentence, I would say it’s a bit difficult being a fan of OnePlus in Germany. Either, nobody notices that I own a OnePlus, because on first sight, nobody really „sees“ it, or people ask, what device is this? And then I can answer, a OnePlus 5. A OnePlus? What’s that? Would be the corresponding answer, and the people with their sh*** iPhones or Samsung keep going their fanboy life. So of course, OnePlus is a Chinese/Asian brand, which is well-known in China and I guess in whole Asia as well. But in Germany (or even whole Europe?), there is much to do for OnePlus, as here it’s only something like a „niche product“, which is only known by people who are in the tech and/or smartphone scene respectively by people, who can distinguish between a HTC, Huawei and a ZTE So yeah, I’m quite proud not being a „mainstream“ user here in Germany on the one hand, but on the other hand, OnePlus has to increase ist brand awareness in Germany and Europe.

17. vdbest1
    Froyo Mar 19, 2018

vdbest1 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Here in India, Being a OnePlus fan is taken in a good sense. A person who is wise enough to understand the need of features in smarphone and value of money is ending being a OnePlus fan. Oneplus trend started widely here after launching of OnePlus 3 with the massive 6 GB of RAM which attracted people of India and at price point of 27K it was really value for money phone. Having most of all the flagship features with half the price make us feel proud that we are not behind time.
    Latest Update : Release of 5T in last November with the ultra fast Face Unlock feature proved that innovation can be done outside Silicon Valley. Lightning fast performance, smooth multitasking, almost Stock Android experience with all the customisable option put Oneplus ahead in smartphone revolution race.
    Upcoming Update: With the Oneplus A6000, the implementation of fingerprint scanner excit us.

Being part of OnePlus which is revolutionizing the Mobile Industry is feeling like Sky is the LIMIT.

Proud Owner of OnePlus 5T.

18. csuyash
    Froyo Mar 19, 2018

csuyash , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Being a OnePlus fan and user here in the US doesn't really do much for you. Except that people know that you are into phones which are different from usual. I got OnePlus One right after it was launched. I was actually following all the news and was waiting for the launch. When it did, I did everything in my power to get a referral link to buy one. I was actually one of the firsts in the world who got it. And then began the still-continuing process of introducing OnePlus to friends and family and colleagues. They would be confused by the name, and whether it was a legit company or just another "Chinese" brand/phonemaker whose phones were cheap and didn't have any substance. I remember having to explain the story behind why the phones are sold so cheap despite having all the high end specifications. The story of no marketing and referrals and cyanogenmod, you name it. And then there was the Sandstone back on the phone... that was just.. wow! It wasn't just all pretty and different to feel and non-slippery and more robust; it also had qualities like self healing, where any scratch you put on the phone got healed in a few hours and disappeared magically!

Anyway, as it turns out, at least 15 of the friends/family/colleagues who spoke to me were on OnePlus One within a few months. They all loved it, some of the are using it to this day. Cut to today, when I have a OnePlus 5T, and people are still relatively unaware of the brand. I am an Indian living in the US, and it's surprising to know that everyone back in India knows OnePlus, but not many people know OnePlus in the US. It's a difficult market to crack, but I think OnePlus is making good strides and a good product carves a place for itself sooner or later. What I don't want happen, is that in the effort of raising brand awareness in the US or around the world, OnePlus loses focus from its core values, one of which was not spending money on Marketing and giving that $$ back into the customers pockets. I have heard that OnePlus is opening outlets and have seen a lot of Ads on the web and videos. That's as mainstream as it gets, and the results are clear to see. The prices of the phones are rising. I will request OnePlus to leave the marketing to us fans :). We have been doing that, and will continue to do that. We have got you this far and we can take it forward as well. Now the price difference between OP5T base model and iPhone base model is not that big. DO NOT LOSE ONTO YOUR USP.

With Love,
    A OnePlus Fan since its inception.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

19. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Mar 19, 2018 :
    What is it like to own OnePlus device in Toronto Canada. When I received my OnePlus One I had to go to my carrier for a simcard. The sales people in the store were excited to see it and play with it! Everyone in the store was so appreciated I got the sim card for free, $15 value!
    Then I bought the OnePlus 2, back to the carrier for another sim! Once again they are thrilled and again a free sim card!
    When I bought the OnePlus X after a while I broke the power button! Wasn't sure what to do but thought I would try an authorized Sony dealer. So I factory reset my OnePlus X and took it there to see if they could repair it.
    The next day I went to pick up the phone all repaired. The repair guy told me how impressed with the phone, it's speed and everything else about it.
    People are always asking me which phone it is, comment on its looks. Wondering where and how I root. I always tell them to come here to the forums, how people here (for the most part) are always willing to help with any device, whether it is Oneplus or not! People here are some of the most knowledgeable users of any forums I have been apart of!
    Most impressed are my co-workers, they always want to try using my phones for the games. They ask me what games I play if they can try playing them. If I could download a game they have on their phone and try to play it on my phone. Always pleasantly surprised by how good the cam runs, how good the graphics are. How the OS is so close to stock.
    Always happy to discuss all my OnePlus devices, I still own and use all three!
    Thanks to all that have helped me out in all of my time here, sharing their knowledge and experience with me. Helping me in my time of need. I would like to thank a lot of fellow community members here but there is way to many to list but I would really like to thank one person @Gaurav Rohilla who helped me learn the ins and outs of rooting and especially unbricking phones!
    This place is truly an international community with its kind members and special trolls!

Thank you @Ruby G. for giving the community and I the opportunity to share our experiences with you and the community, that I consider a family!

Gaurav Rohilla, Dresa91, Mjo and 5 others like this.
  20. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

malidan , Mar 19, 2018 :
    I'm not talking :p cause I'm not a fan:D
    But it won't stop me buying a device if it's interesting enough.:)

Dresa91, Mjo, G_plusone and 1 other person like this.