[Let's Talk] What is it like being a OnePlus fan in your country?

1. Alexrose Donut Jul 2, 2018

2. charliecopley Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

charliecopley, Mar 26, 2019 :
    I'm in the US, where Samsung is the dominant Android OEM. I'm the only person in my family who doesn't use a Samsung, and while they all complain about bugs never getting fixed, I smile knowing I get them every few weeks. I get mocked at work, where everyone else but me and one other guy use iPhones, and because we don't, we're not part of the work group chat. (He lives on a tight budget, and even opting for the refurbished $250 iPhone SE is too much for him; I got him a phone from Blu for $100—it has everything he needs to work in a phone, and while not Pie, it has Oreo 8.1.) I have another coworker though, once his contract is up, will come over and get a OnePlus. I'm also happily multitasking with two screens many times, my co-workers wish they could have widgets like me (my home screen is simple: the weather, my calendar, and a few frequently used apps is all I have), they hate my phone bill is cheap and I can go with whichever Telecom or Mvno I want (I'm not tied to any contract bc I have the unlocked model here in the States). They like I can set any app as my default for usual services and not have to be stuck to Safari or iMessage, I can set my own free ringtones without need of iTunes, and that my phone connects easily to my Surface Go. I'm also the go-to guy if any phone as a hickup, iPhone or Android, and I can fix it (usually a reboot is all that's needed).

More people use iPhone than Android where I'm at, and more people use Samsung over other Android OEMs. I stick out like a sore thumb, but it's a good, reliable device. I'm glad that when I made the switch back to Android I went with OnePlus over Pixel or Samsung. [e]1f44c[/e]

3. Aathif_Mahir Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2019

Aathif_Mahir, Mar 29, 2019 :
    Here in Sri Lanka, OnePlus still not everyone's brand but I love to see people carrying OnePlus devices in the future. Normally People do critisize me for not using Samsung or apple devices because people here only knows those brands, they never understand the community of people that worked to developed a Brand that Never Settle in any of the loops that other brands did get settled. Whatever it is OnePlus Device is an emotion that developed by community and those people never knows the power of community. Therefore I'm proud to be a OnePlus addict!

4. Dagobert Duck Donut Mar 29, 2019

Dagobert Duck, Mar 29, 2019 :
    In germany you looks like "he / she hasn't the money for an iPhone, so he / she buys a china phone". I like the brand, hardware and software.

5. CEDoromal Froyo May 17, 2019

CEDoromal, May 17, 2019 :
    Here in the Philippines, it's rare to see other OnePlus fans.
    Not because it's disliked here, but because it's not well-known in our country. Most of the time, only tech geeks like me knows what OnePlus is. This is primarily because of non-existent OnePlus stores and 3rd party resellers aside from Digital Walker stores and Lazada.

Because of the lack of marketing here compared to the likes of Samsung, people like me are the ones spreading the word of how great OnePlus devices are. Even though I haven't really had a OnePlus device before (because I'm a student and I can't afford one), I guarantee others that it will definitely be worth their money.

I even tried to make my father buy me one, not just to fulfill my wants but also to acknowledge my father that there are brands better than Samsung and Apple. However, when we finally get to a Digital Walker store, they said they're currently out of stock, which was definitely a bummer to me because now that I'm about to go to college, I'm sure that my father won't buy me a new phone for quite some time in order to save money.

6. Z1557376700621 Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

Z1557376700621, Jun 1, 2019 :
    in India maximum people are switching to One Plus phones as they are better in function than others. This phone provides us what we actually want it.