[ Let's Talk ] What makes smartphones so interesting that you're willing to spend so much time...

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

theshinybeast , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Thanks for this answer. I agree, we, regulars, come here to interact with like minded folks. Well, that's one reason. Today or tomorrow I'm going to sum up all y'alls' answers to see what we all think. Good man.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    You misunderstand, he's asking what reading is.

Special sauce? I hear pineapple helps a lot with that, apparently.

3. E1529005720879
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

4. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

ghostofcain , Jul 30, 2018 :
    And that keeps you coming back to the forum? Takes all sorts I suppose.

theshinybeast likes this.
  5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

Pineapple? Pineapple?!!!! Pineapple kills everything it touches

ghostofcain likes this.
  6. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Aah I could be getting my urban legends confused. Maybe it's used as an impromptu contraceptive rather than a flavour aid.

I'm going to guess that the success rate for each of those tends towards the low side...

7. zepphead
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2018

zepphead , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Hehe ... I can certainly do age referee!!!! ..... i'm older than all you youngsters!! lol!

8. zepphead
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2018

Kinky Friedman ...... now there is an interesting character!!

9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, sadly it seems that you are right.

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

As @ghostofcain says, that is the most bizarre reason to be on a forum. Are emojis really that important in your life?

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2018

True, a great man. His books are hilarious.
    By the way, you didn't answer the question, shame on ye, :p

zepphead likes this.
  12. zepphead
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2018

Hehehe.... Tbh I didn't really understand the question!!

13. E1529005720879
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

E1529005720879 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    no...but i need fun....with oneplus

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2018

theshinybeast , Jul 31, 2018 :
    So you're here for fun? Hang around, interact and always read the original post and you'll have fun. But read eh?:rolleyes:

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2018

I'll translate, what's the craic with thon forum thing? Why the f**k d'ye keep coming back, hi? D'ye may think it's odd that you keep comin' back to blather with all them crowd? It's bizarre, so it is, hi.:p

toastytoast1234, zepphead and Chris.C like this.
  16. zepphead
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2018

zepphead , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Ah.... I thought the question was something to do with age, or pineapples.... Clearly I was not concentrating! . Now that you have clearly explained in plain Norn Irnish the answer is.... Far too much feckin time on my hands!

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2018

******Best Answer*********

:rolleyes:;)

zepphead, meatandy and Chris.C like this.
  18. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 1, 2018

luigimario , Aug 1, 2018 :
    hahaha, I like how you have to translate Canadian to English. Being Canadian myself, I have never heard anyone use that expression before. I'll keep my ears open though :p

meatandy likes this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2018

theshinybeast , Aug 1, 2018 :
    sorry,eh:rolleyes:

luigimario and meatandy like this.
  20. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 2, 2018

luigimario , Aug 2, 2018 :
    As for why I spend so much time on the OP forums, it comes down to 2 main things: information, and entertainment. This is the first place I look when I need to know something about my OP3, then maybe a web search or XDA. I have also spent some time trying to answer other peoples' questions on here when I can. It's nice to be able to help others if it's something you've experienced already and you can save them the trouble of solving it themselves.

Secondly is entertainment. I enjoy chatting with other members in the forums or just reading other comments and jokes. There is certainly an endless source of entertainment on this forum with all its lively discussion and even more lively members (said characters). This forum just serves to fuel my interest in and use of my smartphone.

Why do I spend so much time on my smartphone? Because that's what they want. Truthfully, manufacturers do want you to use their products and buy more or tell other people to buy it too. In the end, the smartphone is an addictive product. It can do or find anything you possible want. I think it is the convenience of having a tool that can do so many things, communicate with so many people, and basically provide endless entertainment, that makes smartphones so interesting.

We all got on just fine before getting one, but having that temptation in your pocket to check messages, look up a random fact, check on the game score, or whatever else, is just too tempting. I feel like I spend too much time on my phone and am seriously considering cutting back and going more low tech by using my 14-year old Nokia brick. I want to use my smartphone as more of a tool and less of an escape. I definitely check it when I'm bored, or have a thought pop into my head and then look it up.

In the end, the smartphone is an infinitely interesting device, but I think we should be mindful just how much of our time we give to it.