[Let's Talk] What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for?

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jul 16, 2018

Ruby G. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Congratulations! You've stumbled upon one of our stickied question forum posts. Take a look at the question below and write a response if you find it interesting. Feel free to post your response on this thread or start a new thread if your response is over 500 words (be sure to copy & paste the question into a new thread and tag me so I notice).

What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for?

Posts of 300 – 1000 words will be automatically entered in to our ongoing rewards program and potentially be chosen to move to the next level. Have fun, debate with each other, and let the knowledge flow!

P.S. Looking for more questions like these? Winners from past Let's Talk rounds are hosting their own threads here.

7/30 Update
    Long form from the wild:

2. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for?
    Well, I'd find two partnerships interesting.
    For one thing, if we look at the camera areas. OnePlus could also do what Huawei started with Leica. This could significantly improve the software, but also the hardware of the cameras in the OnePlus devices. Tips and tricks from camera manufacturers could raise the camera to a top level alongside the wishes of OnePlus customers. In addition, special accessories could only be developed for the OnePlus, such as screw-on lenses or similar. You could offer an image editing program for smartphones and computers, so that you can upload the images into the great photo threads (thanks to @script!). To get the most out of your camera, you don't have to be a pro, but can be very well accompanied and supported by hardware and software. This can also be helped with artificial intelligence, the performance of the OnePlus devices.

On the other hand, OnePlus could enter into a partnership with loudspeaker manufacturers or the music industry. Stereo speakers with decent performance, plus a music app that allows the user to access a variety of music for free. It almost reminds me of the old days of Sony and the Walkman phones. Here, too, accessories can be developed, whereby the wireless bullets were only the beginning, or these could be further improved. Many complain about their performance in listening to music. An improved volume control, possibly with different profiles that can be controlled and activated by the operating system, can thus bind music lovers to OnePlus.
    Why bind only gamers to OnePlus? This would allow several target groups to be satisfied with one device.

Speaker and camera. In my opinion, these are the areas in which OnePlus should and must enter into partnerships. If you scroll through the forum, these are also the two biggest points of criticism.

(P.S.:Or in other top models - because the eye eats - no, sorry - buys with me.)
    (P.P.S: Or a cooperation with solar module manufacturers. So the device can always charge and there is no battery drain :p)

mhgd, AAbdi, jasprjay and 29 others like this.
  3. viking_vp3
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2018

viking_vp3 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    [Let's Talk] What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for?

May I say 2 instead of one?!

What is the latest OnePlus product?

OnePlus 6

What do you see in it?

It has premium design, it has high quality material, it has its’ own design language, …, Gosh! Even it has headphone jack!

So what is the problem? Is there any weakness in it?

Let’s look closer. I think we have best phone for the price. We have precise engineering with high quality material, top notch software experience thanks to Oxygen ROM and the best available Chipset, RAM and storage. I wished for a dual front shooting speakers but the single one is pretty good right now and also we have a really nice output in 3.5mm headphone jack. The display is bright and nice with good calibration. High speed fingerprint and so on. Even we have decent camera in back and one the best cameras for selfies.

If I want to compare OnePlus 6 with other flagships and wish for a better thing in this package, I will go for a better camera so I think partnership with a Lens producer or camera company will make this good package even better.

I think in other parts except for camera OnePlus is already at the top of the game and the can improve camera department better with a good partnership, the parts (Lens, optic etc.) are top notch but the image processing department need to improve!

For the second partnership I like to see a new gadget from OnePlus.

I think partnership with a watch maker would be amazing. A top notch smart watch or health gadget like wrist band will be amazing. Many people count their steps, measure their heart rate and blood pressure. This kind of stuff need a trusty device so we can have one with OnePlus brand on it! It makes fans healthier. And checking things like messages calls etc. on the wrist when we on the go is much much easier.

Anyway I hope this brand keep up its’ good work and make good devices.

4. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan , Jul 16, 2018 :
    What's the Op partnership I would be excited for ? This seems to be kinda Chines puzzle to me

Now, this thread seems to be a beguiling one !

To start with, I would primarily vocalize that OnePlus doesn't need any tie ups or partnerships for it as it has sailed well all through these years and is continuing to sail in a most affluent manner globally. Now, OnePlus has become one of the most trending topics wherever we go. Indeed !

If I speak about Op 5 or 6 or be it any of your products (including BW earphones), the end consumers just ask me for its launch dates and place of purchase. Uh ? So, is your pricing, specs etc.

This calls for your growth :)

Well, isn't this enough to say that you guys are one amongst those monopoly companies in the global market presently ?

Yet, since let's talk is a fav. topic (generalized) , I would get excited if Amazon.com /in holds Carl's hands to join as a partner with OnePlus.

Reasons for Jeff Bezos holding hands with Pete or Carl : I've plenty but to limit my mouth, I would like to jot out few points.

> Revenue - With Alexa rocking currently in the market and also being competitors for Google home, OnePlus can also start a "OnePlus convo" which is a digital assistant vide., AI which makes our job more easier. Also, Alexa is right now according to me just a bit but if OnePlus joins hands with Bezos I bet your new innovation would turn into something productive.

- Revenue plays a major role here. With "OnePlus convo" (imaginary name) one can use it as their home assistant. This in-turn makes "OC" a competitor for Google Home or Alexa as well but being a partner with Amazon, you both can share the profits from Alexa as well as convo equally. You can at one point of time acquire Amazon over it's credits with MoU (of course).

> Technology - Another criteria which the world longs for. With today's growing tech. economy, everyone depends on a minimum smartphone (priced sub ₹10k atleast). So, if Amazon becomes your partner your every smartphones can be sold through Amazon with no cost from your end to them (the cost which you're bearing to them can be avoided). You both can as well invent new theories of technology which in-turn makes Google a competitor of yours. Just think over this once again and you'll agree with me.

> Offline retailing - Once you both join as partners, you can try opening your own offline retail shops in your own brand names. Oh man, Amazon & OnePlus...., aren't these names sufficient for the public to buy your products through offline also ? And revenue from online and offline would be an added bonus.

> Employment - The more you invest your ideologies on the above, the more you can employ people thereby benefiting them by all means.

If this partnership flourishes, I bet Amazon would also become one of the OEM's like OnePlus in the near future You can as well get public shares invested into your company with your goodwill. I bet you will be those giants who would benefit the public with bonus shares as well with your repute and earnings/revenue.

I think I've covered 75% of what was intended to.

At this moment, I would like to thank @Ruby G. for creating a beneficial thread effecting the users widely as it is debatable as well as informative too :)

Edit : Sorry if I was a bit commercial with this thread. You can as well correct me @Ruby G. !

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018

Mjo, Venky61, Ruby G. and 4 others like this.
  5. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

izzykasha , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Partnerships.... @Ruby G.

Well initially I am thinking "what would Oneplus want with a partnership?" Obviously things are going well at the moment, big moves into the Indian market and another record sales year suggests all is well.

So maybe we need partnerships for the future.

Technology and a well known star perhaps they tend to have a limited yet fruitful period, excluding Beats they seem set to run and run and run.

Technology and suppliers, well being as you have everything on your doorstep in schenzon probably not much traction there.

The forum regularly throws up extras such as smartwatch, fitness tracker, laptop, the second model into he range (oneplus X again!!!)

So what partnership would I like to see

The thunder has already been taken in a post above but I would love to see a link up with a great camera manufacturer Leica canon Fujifilm. The camera is the most talked about aspect of the recent oneplus phones that the consumers crave more and more from.

A partnership with any leading camera manufacturer for their input, help and final sign off and future development can only help Oneplus take a giant leap forward.

How would this work

Chose your desired top camera manufacturer and begin a strategic partnership and take smartphone photography to a new level yet to be perceived.

Oneplus would benefit from camera expertise out of their reach due to budget and the camera manufacturer gains entry into new untapped markets with their brand firmly attached to a flagship phone.

Benefits

Cost saving on doing all the work yourself in-house

Joint advertising costs to the benefit of both partners

The community knowing you have listened to them and used thus knowledge to perform this partnership.

Failing the above the star I think that most embodies the oneplus ethos of never settle would be Usain Bolt. He never settled for anything but Gold...So I look forward to the Bolt Oneplus special edition and instead of

View attachment 820416

what about BOLT charge?

1531761219934.jpg

6. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jul 16, 2018

Bouncer71 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Hey @Ruby G. ,

I think I mentioned that before in some camera thread...?!?!
    Can't remember where and was not that excessive, though...

I'd like to see a partnership with one of the screen calibration brands. Like datacolor or x-Rite. Preferably datacolor, because I use their Spyder5elite colorimeter... ;D

1531764985743.jpg

x-Rite already works on some phones but only as a calibrated gallery with additional profile files for other apps.

I would like to see this partnership to go further, if possible...

Real hardware calibrated system color-profiles. No need for additional app support...

1531767175969.jpg

As an hobby Photographer I always post-edit my photos before going into print.
    To get color accurate results I use the ICC profiles of the printer and soft-proof the images on calibrated monitors.

1531765282854.jpg

It would be great to color match the phones screen to the monitors.
    On the go editing would actually benefit, cause on every device the pictures look the same and one could just continue on any platform where he left...

There's allso possibilities for great marketing for both companies.
    New enthusiastic target-groups concerned about photo quality and color reproduction.

Special edition bundles with a color correction chart or a whitebalance cube.
    Maybe a discount on the colorimeter with the phone ?
    Vise versa a discount on the phone when purchasing a Spyder on their site...?

There's already a lot of users that take OnePlus photography to unexpected hights.
    We see that evermore in the monthly threads...

This partnership would add another Notch. ;D

Could make it a smartphone for photographers...

I guess at least I would buy one...

;D

What you guys and gals say...?
    Should they try...?

Attached Files:

Nick 59, script, Mjo and 7 others like this.
  7. Drewbikscube
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

Drewbikscube , Jul 16, 2018 :
    [Let's Talk] What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for? @Ruby G.

There are certainly a few partnerships I'd really like to see.

1) First and foremost security is crucial. Partnering with a company like BlackBerry for example to integrate their DTek security or another security solution/partner would be much appreciated. This is mutually beneficial to both OnePlus and their consumers. This ensures that consumer data is secure and privacy is at the forfront of the OnePlus products. OnePlus will have less security breaches / concerns to worry about internally and externally consumers are both protected and feel more secure using a OnePlus device as their daily driver for both personal and professional lifestyles.

2) Distributors - Partnering with additional/new distribution companies to improve shipping globally. Amazon would be a great partnership as someone referenced.

3) Education - Partnering with Universities globally, from engineering and computer science to marketing and accounting studies, to help educate students on real world use cases in both product and software development, as well as product sales and global distribution. It's one thing to provide students with a monetary discount, it's another to educate them on how your products are produced, marketed, etc. so they too can learn and grow from your real life examples.

4) Women in Tech - Partnering with something like Kode with Klossy would be awesome to see. As a father of 4 daughters and someone who has worked in the tech space for quite some time, I believe providing additional programs that encourage women in tech is awesome and something we need more of. It's incredibly rare to find engineering or development programs for young girls that are enthusiastic and passionate about technology.

Looking forward to the conversation with others on this topic! Love this Let's Talk!

rb2410, cdnfarmer, Mjo and 8 others like this.
  8. artloverjv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2018

artloverjv , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Okay, so to be very honest, I really want OnePlus to go the Apple way where it self manufactures or has a good control over the most device parts. I know that's not possible considering the device prices. But, Hypothetical situation, so why not! Some guys have mentioned Camera related partnerships, which would be really cool. I'm no Camera genius so I won't talk about it.

But I think another department, that can use some extra hands, is the design department. I'm not saying that OnePlus Designs are bad. But If you ask me, the recent OnePlus Designs are pretty much generic (not using the word 'copied'). Okay, before I start receiving hate posts, I really love OnePlus as a Company and Community. Let's just put it out there.

Starting from the OP5, the smartphone designs have been less of an awe for anyone. Sure, there have been special editions like the Star Wars and the Avengers editions (JCC limited edition of OP5 was my fav).
    1531901728338.jpg

Lately, OP has been playing safe in terms of Design. And that's why, the Partnership I'll be looking forward to and be most excited about will be with a Design house. It'll be awesome to see a collaboration/partnership with a Design house like the Porsche Design. Before you discard this idea, let me tell you that it is not as far fetched of an idea as you may think, considering the fact that Huawei released a Mate RS special edition in collaboration with Porsche Design.
    1531901381679.jpg

According to me, Oneplus devices are some of the most powerful devices you can buy in the market today. I'm just saying that it should look the part too. OnePlus One came with a one of a kind Design, incorporating various textures like the Sandstone. But with the passage of time, OP has moved away from experimenting styles to playing it safe. As I've said, the current designs are not bad, just too generic, like most smartphones these days. So, it'll be amazing to see a partnership between OP and Porsche Design.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018

prabhattomar, script, Mjo and 4 others like this.
  9. GaryCoates
    Froyo Jul 16, 2018

GaryCoates , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Call me typically British, but I've always been a fan of really lovely material, and iconic clothing items. Harris tweeds, waxed barbor jackets, Fred perry polo's etc.
    Now after seeing one plus attempt a woven n case for the OP6 with fairly mixed feedback (while it does look sensational, I have seen a fair few examples of them fraying and coming away at the edges). Imagine getting some truly iconic designer houses, with even more iconic materials. Giving them license of actually create a back for the device. Replace the glass which everyone is using with something unique, and really textile.
    Alternatively, set that material in glass, so all of the beauty is there but, but none of the limitations a material back would bring.

Either way, I think bringing leathers, tweeds and other fabrics into the debate, would be lovely.

10. akshayr723
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2018

akshayr723 , Jul 17, 2018 :
    As OnePlus grows it's users also grow with it. I think OnePlus needs to work with not one but various companies where they are not good at/ reach is not good at.
    Suppose if OnePlus is trying to expand it's market in Africa it should have partnership with the telecom companies to make it popular and people would buy OnePlus phones if they get good plans with it. They can partner up with Vodafone as they are the largest telecom company in the world and has reach to many countries.

OnePlus can team up with the legendary Carl Zeiss and game up their performance in camera. This would increase it's reputation and make it more premium. When Nokia was the king of the mobile phone market it had partnered up with Carl Zeiss and made phones with excellent camera. Some of it's camera still stand up to the current high end smartphones. For the Lumia 1020 when compared to the high end smartphone like S9 performs well in some field of photography.

Partnering up with the right company can take OnePlus even further up in the run for the best smartphone and would increase it's sales even more.

11. OneByOneTwo
    Froyo Jul 17, 2018

OneByOneTwo , Jul 17, 2018 :
    I would be most excited for OnePlus to partner with Qualcomm, to make in-display fingerprint sensors for the upcoming OnePlus 7(I don't expect OnePlus 6T to have an in-display sensor). This would be a Flagship-Killer feature, as in-display fingerprint sensor is a new technology, looking at how OnePlus attempts to implement this technology into their phones, would be exciting. What's more to expect, OnePlus might make the fingerprint sensor faster than competitors! This partnership, would also allow OnePlus to create newer handsets with more than 8GB of RAM, making this a deal breaker. Since Qualcomm is a master at ARM chipsets, this could allow OnePlus to have faster devices and invent a new technology that would allow wireless charging to be as fast as it current (Dash Charge?) charging method. OnePlus would then also be able to make a phone that would have more than 3 years of software support by partnering with Qualcomm to produce latest OxygenOS builds with the latest Android version as quickly as possible, while providing the original Flagship-killer price. OnePlus could also then apply AI into the future handsets, incorporating into Google Assistant, allowing users to give more commands to Google Assistant.

Next, if OnePlus partners with Leica, it would be wonderful. OnePlus can then produce quality images from the future OnePlus phones. The only bad thing about this, is that OnePlus would not be able to offer a Flagship-Killer price anymore. Leica lenses are expensive, but they surely have more experiences on the camera section. Seeing with what they had made the Huawei P20 Pro to become, I feel that Leica is the best company for OnePlus to order cameras from. The Tri-Camera system would surely make OnePlus stand out. Leica could also provide newer technologies, for better photo quality, as well as bokeh effects

12. kuverti
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2018

kuverti , Jul 17, 2018 :
    Today Smartphone companies are implementing new features with each new release. One implements the bezel-less design, others follow within a year or so. Another will implement a full in-glass fingerprint reader, others will follow within a year. But next to hardware implementations, there are also software developments. For example, one of the reasons the Pixel camera is still one of the best on the market is not so much on the hardware specifications, as it is on image processing, pattern recognition and the help of Google’s “ai” to enhance the photo. And this “ai” will be in the future a thing that sets phones apart. If OnePlus or any other smartphone company tries to stand out in the future it will need to invest in this field. Now because this is not a simple one-click API or an all nightery task for one programmer, OnePlus should definitely team up with companies that focus on pattern recognition and with them try to improve camera, data managing, battery usage, etc.

Another partnership I would be excited for is, as already @Drewbikscube mentioned is partnering with a few universities, faculties or various student organizations and offer anything from mentoring, internships or giving out challenges (Similar to last year with OnePlus Student Marketing challenge) that would improve your brand recognition while give students an option to work on real-life problems, learn from actual companies and offer an opportunity for students to improve their skill set.

Because it is still not 300 words, another interesting partnership that comes to my mind would be Moment lenses (OnePlus x Moment) that already produce cases for Pixels, iPhones and Galaxies. They produce one of the best high-end lenses for phones that have been getting a lot of attention recently. Especially with their new anamorphic lenses. I also noticed a lot of people asking for OnePlus cases, so I believe this would be a great opportunity to up your photography game and with it give phone photographers a very big advantage.

Mjo, Ruby G., johneebee and 3 others like this.
  13. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 17, 2018

johneebee , Jul 17, 2018 :
    What Oneplus partnership I would be most excited for?

Well first of all, I'm still waiting for a Oneplus smartwatch. But if oneplus comes out with it's own smartwatch coming this late into the game, they can't just go for a simple smartwatch, it needs to have something special, something unique!

Motion charge and solar-charged technology from Ampy, SunPartner Technologies and 3M

Almost every smartphone maker has tried wireless charging at some point, but it never works as well as we want it to. Your phone has to have a special cradle, or you have to place your watch in a special bowl – just right.

solar charging display:
    SunPartner Technologies and 3M have a solution for this. It’s called “Wysips” and it’s a thin layer of crystal glass that can be embedded into small screens like watches, phones, or tablets and turn the screen into a solar panel of sorts. You can’t see it from the outside of the phone (it’s just about completely clear) and it starts charging the battery anytime artificial or natural light shines on the phone’s screen. Now your phone is usually in your pocket, but a smartwatch would often be in contact with the light, making it in my opinion a great fit for smartwatches!
    [​IMG]

motion charging battery:
    Motion charging uses kinetic energy from a person’s or an object’s movement to charge a battery cell. A company that's been busy with this technology is Ampy. Now as of yet it doesn't seem like they're ready to implement their technology into something as small as a smartwatch, so maybe this would be better implemented into your next dash charging powerbank (we're waiting oneplus :p )
    [​IMG]

Foldable displays from LG or Samsung

Both of these companies have been working on this technology for a while now and it won't be long before this technology will come out at a consumer level. The only question is who will be the first to do it properly! On smartphones this technology might be amazing once it's capable to actually fold them in half multiple times so you could have double the screen size when you want it for enjoying media on the go. But that's going to take a few more years, what will come out soon is foldable displays that are shaped and not ment to be bent multiple times. And this would be handy for giving you a big display on your wrist making it for example possible to type on a full sized keyboard on your smartwatch and hence making us want to pull our smartphone out of our pockets allot less.
    [​IMG]

Holographic Projections from Lei Inc.

During the Mobile World Congress in 2016, Leia Inc. presented a system that created a 3D image floating above the tablet's screen. The system didn't need any special glasses or prisma on top of the screen to make the effect visible. Now to be honest, I don't think this would look great on a phone or tablet, but on a smartwatch this might be a neat feature that non of the competition has so far.
    Here's another version of their holographic displays, it really looks like some movie magic!

Hmm this ended up being a bit longer then I expected, feel free to move it to, or ask me to make a new thread :p

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018

prabhattomar, Mjo, Venky61 and 4 others like this.
  14. JerRV5G
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

15. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    "What OnePlus partnership would you be most excited for?"
    Oneplus as a company has proven its strength in the mobile industry within a short span of time. It gained attention by entering the market as a flagship killer and tried to maintain the hold by constantly providing high end specifications at affordable price compared to flagships. But they do compromise on some factors to reduce the price and as rightly pointed out by @Dresa91 , the camera and speaker are two departments that Oneplus has a scope of major improvement and partnerships would help them to achieve that. But the thing to observe here is Oneplus has always been playing safe in terms of design and specifications. Going with the majorly approved and applauded design/hardware. I think its time to make a bold move in design and get something unique to the community. So my first Idea of partnership is targeted at the ability to use phone as a Pseudo Desktop. And for this, I have two Ideas- One is a cheaper option with software integration and the second is a costly one due to hardware integration.

The first partnership that I would be excited is with Vysor. For ones who don't know, its a desktop software that helps you use phone from desktop. Once you connect the phone with the USB to the computer/laptop, the mobile screen is shared on the desktop monitor and you can browse through the phone using your mouse and keyboard.

Screenshot-59-720x340.png
    You may be thinking. How is it different than screen casting or mirroring. It is. If you are mirroring your phone to a large screen or desktop, you still have to keep your phone in hand and navigate through it. With Vysor you get the whole desktop experience as you can use the Keyboard and Mouse that's connected to your desktop.
    Now if Oneplus can partner up with Vysor and and introduce a software/app exclusive to Oneplus phones that can make you use phone from laptop/desktop, it would be so amazing. Many companies are marketing their phones with gimmicky tags without being actually useful. Just imagine Oneplus phones with a feature to use phone from Desktop. The hardware is already capable of supporting, all they need is software which Vysor can develop in partnership with Oneplus. People who spend alot of time on computer/laptop can easily multitask on phone and desktop on same monitor. Gaming, Instagram caption making, photo editing, texting, whatsapp, video calling all these would be so easy to access from desktop itself without even touching the phone. How cool is that. :D:cool:

The second partnership I have in mind is with NINTENDO. I guess most of you would be aware of the latest sensation "Nintendo Switch". The major reason for its success is the ease of transforming from home console to portable system in a snap.

11396090-1394514389989558.jpg
    Oneplus and Nintendo can partner up and attempt a modular approach to mobile gaming givng the user freedom to buy as per their need. Asus ROG which was announced earlier this year has attempted the same. But the accessories and phone are expected to be way too costly to afford (~$1300). The solution would be to make affordable gaming accessories that would be compatible with the existing phone line.
    With Nintendo's help, Oneplus can launch a Bluetooth controller to play on the go and a Dock to convert phone to pseudo-PC/gaming console. The Nintendo's Dock normally costs around $90 and the controller can be made around $30. So with under $800 you get high end phone, a gaming console and a Workable Desktop. It would be a perfect multi utility accessory lineup. :);)

Idea.jpg

And the final Partnership I would be excited about is "Oneplus joining hands with an Indian Telecommunication Company" (Preferably Jio). In india, the concept of locked phones has not been explored at all. But after the revolutionary launch of Jio, its time someone does it. Though Oneplus aims at giving the freedom to the user by providing an unlocked phone and partnership with carrier would totally spoil it. Being one of the many users who would always prefer a unlocked phone, I am hoping this to happen for the sake of people who want to buy 1+ phones but can't afford to spend money at one go. With mobile plans becoming stable, freedom to switch between the carriers will not be of so much importance to everyone, and looking at the rate at which Jio is capturing the market, Oneplus could attract more users towards it by providing both locked and unlocked phones.

So guys, thanks for reading and I would love to know what you guys think. Will any of the above partnerships would be exciting to you too? ;)

I would like to end this by @Ruby G. for giving this opportunity to share our thoughts. I already see so many brilliant ideas. @johneebee man...you have such visionary Ideas... Amazing.. :)

MrGiacoBear, Mjo, Ruby G. and 3 others like this.
  16. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 21, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    wow - great so see that we are sharing the same view :)

Mjo, Akhshay Srinivasan and Venky61 like this.
  17. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 22, 2018

johneebee , Jul 22, 2018 :
    Ey, don't make me blush :p Thanks bro! Your ideas are great as well! I really hope Oneplus holds attention to threads like these with many great ideas!

Mjo, Akhshay Srinivasan and Venky61 like this.
  18. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 22, 2018 :
    I think most of the users would agree with your views :) What do you think about the concept of Psuedo Dekstop option? Would you like to use your phone from laptop/computer?
    Ha ha.. Thanks alot. They do read through all the entries during a contest, so we can be sure that they don't go in vain ;)

Mjo, Akhshay Srinivasan and johneebee like this.
  19. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Jul 22, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan , Jul 22, 2018 :
    Nice ideologies :) Thanks :>

But, with this what's the scope for their revenue ? Instead of screening our phone via/through a PC, why not they think of introducing a new OnePlus lap like the Mi laptops or iMac aka MacBooks, etc.... ?

By this they can mint money instead of sharing profits amongst themselves viz., Vysor right ?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018

Mjo and Venky61 like this.
  20. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 22, 2018 :
    Yes entering the market of Laptops would be really welcomed but again the market is limited for that. People already having Laptops and Dekstops would not be attracted to shift to Oneplus laptops so easily just because of upgraded specifications. Where as with this, Oneplus phone can be marketed with the concept of Continuum. The barrier between windows and Android taken away seamlessly. And the revenue will be through increased sales. Any partnership is majorly aimed at gaining a hardware or software boost to attract more users. If you see the costing of Vysor Pro, its $40 for lifetime. Imagine oneplus bundles this with each oneplus device with an increased $50 cost, I would definitely go for it. And as every 2 years people are changing their phone, Vysor gets a profit by earning $40 for just 2 years per account/device instead of $20. Oneplus gets benefited by the boosted sales. This has no extra investment towards Service too. Its a win win situation.

Mjo, Ruby G. and Akhshay Srinivasan like this.