[Let's Talk] What will be the design of the next OnePlus Flagship device?

1. 2020amolg
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2018

2020amolg , Jul 18, 2018 :

Hello Everyone!! Welcome to the final showdown of Let's Talk.
    [​IMG]
    I am here today making a Let's Talk post because the amazing Ruby G. allowed all past winners to do so.

My main question is this: What will the OnePlus 6T look like?

It may look incredibly simple and impossible to explain in 300 words alone; however, let me give you some history and knowledge to think about when writing. OnePlus, Oppo, and Vivo are all child companies underneath BBK Electronics. This is why the Oppo R11, Vivo v5, and OnePlus 5 look almost identical as do the Oppo R11s, Vivo v7, and OnePlus 5T.

Today, the latest phone from Vivo is the Vivo Nex. This is what it looks like:[​IMG]
    Also, Oppo made a phone called the FindX. This is what that looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Both of these phones achieve higher than 90% screen to body ratios, and both have the latest chipsets, and both have pop-up cameras.

Now OnePlus 6 may have looked similar their sister companies, but this year, the Oppo R15, Vivo x21, and OnePlus 6 have similar but more separating designs. So know what will be the design of the OnePlus Flagship? Will they stick to their guns and release a normal phone with no pop-up camera or will they follow the other sister companies and create a similar phone like the two shown above.

Now is your time to discuss.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jul 23, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 23, 2018 :
    Why do I feel that I have seen this, attempted it but can't find my post :eek: Is this dejavu or I started attempting but forgot to save :confused:

3. 2020amolg
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2018

2020amolg , Jul 23, 2018 :
    I had to take down the original because I didn't want to hint at the next One plus Flagship.

4. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 23, 2018 :
    Oops.. But do u remember me posting the reply? :(

K1571895083977 likes this.
  5. 2020amolg
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2018

2020amolg , Jul 23, 2018 :
    I no longer have the post with me, but yes, I do remember you replying.

K1571895083977 and Venky61 like this.
  6. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 23, 2018 :
    But I don't remember you giving any hints.
    I wish there is a way to recover what I wrote in that thread.
    May be if you had you email notifications turned on, my reply would be saved in the mail. :rolleyes:

7. sibiasrr
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2018

sibiasrr , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Well OnePlus can opt for full Bezel less display(not even the presence of chin under the display). Eliminating the chin will sure make one plus 6t or whatever stand out in crowd and a perfect edge for one plus company. May be I am stupid. Is there any chance that selfie camera be buried under the display and an end to notch.

8. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2018

andycro83 likes this.
  9. 3ali_almaary
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

3ali_almaary , Jul 30, 2018 :
    i think it would look exactly like the oneplus 6 with a few tweaks here and there, specifically the inclusion of wireless charging for one would be logical,even though dashcharge is way more superior.an IPXX water an dust resistance would be great too,and maybe finally bump up the display to a quad hd which is long over due and add stereo speakers.that and a small bump up in price would make anyone in their right mind go for the 6t over the slightly cheaper 6.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 30, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Thanks for your entry:)
    Well, I have no specific ideas. I'm going to be surprised. That's the best thing. So you can't be disappointed and expectations are not so high;)

Mecca EL likes this.
  11. Majuran thas
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2018

Majuran thas , Jul 30, 2018 :
    it doesn't matter...

give a big battery phone... (at least for one day usage..)

your current device is very good for gaming.. but considering high end games, battery is very poor...

Please OnePlus, increase your battery capacity...

G_tar_mus_fvcV and andycro83 like this.
  12. OneByOneTwo
    Froyo Jul 30, 2018

OneByOneTwo , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Surely it will have a notch. Built in cameras are more stable than popup cameras, an area which OnePlus would surely consider

G_tar_mus_fvcV likes this.
  13. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS)
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , Jul 30, 2018 :
    The Oppo Find X is not durable, Jerry Rig Everything demostrated it on youtube how it failed the bend tests.
    Secondly, the issue with a motorized pop-up cameras is still not safe and something i wouldn't vouch for. but i'd rather l say how about we get an all full screen without bezels, with front camera and sensors within, maybe instead of notching it out, we could have the screen going round the front camera and sensors only. it could result in another form of notch which is way better than motorized pop-up mechanisms. inbuilt fingerprint reader is not lightning fast but it is also cool.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018

Fidda and G_tar_mus_fvcV like this.
  14. kesh_k9
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

kesh_k9 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I would like to see no bottom chin and 1440p display. I am good with everything else. IP rating doesn't matter to me because phone is splash resistance and words from Oneplus is good enough for me. I believe you guys :D.

G_tar_mus_fvcV likes this.
  15. Fidda
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

Fidda , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I don't think Oneplus should use a pop-up camera or an on-screen fingerprint reader. This feature is too new for the mass consumer and while some people like experimenting and trying innovative tech others prefer sticking to the standart things. With two other companies implementing the innovations I believe Oneplus should be the one doing flagships that people are used to like it is now. Features that I think would fit the next Oneplus device (6T):

- Keep the headphone jack
    - Bigger battery
    - Support 1440p resolution
    - Stereo speakers
    - For the front design you can put a bezel at the top (instead of a notch) and put the camera, sensors and speaker there but I think that it will look good if the top bezel is the size of the chin on the Oneplus 6, with 2 identical bezels (top & bottom) it would create a nice effect
    - Something innovative you could do is to leave the notch but make it the length of the chin on the OP 6, leave the pixels black and put part of the information there (time, battery, SIM info basically everything that now appears on the right) and display all of the notifications below that small top bezel, this will look and feel like there is no notch but the user will recieve even more information than on the OP 6. The sliding options should appear from the notification bar (below the bezel) meaning the notch area should be static. You can add an option to show the information in the notch area (or just the time) even when the display is turned off, that would be useful.
    - For the camera I don't think you need separate lens for just portrait mode (for example the Pixel 2 does it with just the help of a software and it looks great), you can add 3 cameras like Huawei or just make the second lens do something else (zoom, add detail etc.). Camera software could also take some improvements like more natural colours, shoot in 16:9, overall better quality.
    - The back of the phone shouldn't be much different than it is now, but I think the fingerprint reader should be a bit bigger so it is easier to reach and use (maybe a circle or a square, or even a diamond). Metal back would be great
    - I think wireless charging is useless but if the back is going out of glass you can add it if you overcome the heat issue and notify users that it is going to be slower than a cable.

That's what I think (hope) about the next Oneplus device. Ask if you can't understand something (there might be mistakes).

Have a nice day,

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018

E1523460281873 and andycro83 like this.
  16. Lames999
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

17. Antgl
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2018

dark5un likes this.
  18. Andrei R.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2018

19. Riddo B
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

Riddo B , Jul 30, 2018 :
    awesome 6....better 7 then...

- no/minimised mechanical parts pls...wear and tear is a real thing...
    - always have matted or sandstone surface
    - maximise waterproofing
    - keep the fingerprint at the back...kinda cool in 1+ square
    - if want to reduce price, downgrade the camera, not anything else
    - maintain or improve battery performance
    - maintain the red/black/white/gray colour pallette.. kinda awesome branding (ie starwars cool, the avengers not so much).
    - substratum inbuilt ???
    - pls, ,microSD slot. dont be Apple.
    - comes with USB-C to HDMI cable out of the box... no hassle display on big screen

on the covers
    - magnetic covers pls, thats how busy ppl (your user) use in the cars
    - after that, spinner ring/stand/kick-stand

1+ is a macho+techy+cool.. but mainly macho...
    make it cute and your factory will be burned to the ground.

20. manurd350
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

manurd350 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I would love to see symmetry, just like in LG V30. Small but symmetrical bezels that look beautiful. A bigger battery would be highly appreciated, so as a better audio system. Wouldn't mind stereo speakers, like Pixel 2 XL.
    In the sea of phones with ugly notches, it would be cool to see a phone devoid of it, and no, moving parts are strictly no. They are utter non sense, providing solution of a non existent problem. Few mm of extra bezel will be much preferred over any sort of moving camera.

cdnfarmer and E1523460281873 like this.