[Let's Talk] What will be the design of the next OnePlus Flagship device?

1. asutos720
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

asutos720 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Don't do the motorized parts..... It won't last & there's always a risk of getting tiny particles in between the moving and the immobile parts..... OnePlus 6 design is good except for the chin..... minimise the chin to make it equal to side bezels..... greater width of chin than the width of side bezels doesn't feel natural..... ofcourse notch is not the permanent solution but it's good until samsung produces transperent oled which would allow camera & other sensors to fit underneath the display.

E1523460281873 likes this.
  2. G1532638117807
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

3. MarcioReis87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2018

MarcioReis87 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    pop-up cameras? That's a big no.
    Remove the front facing selfie camera. keep the bezels to the bare minimum, ie: no bottom bezels, tiny up bezels for the sensors and a speaker grill (stereo audio) and make use of the back cameras as selfie and install a little screen on the back so we can see ourselves.
    The screen would occupy the bottom portion till the middle of the phone (360-480p resolution would be great)
    A bit higher would fit the fingerprint scanner and in the upper portion the cameras. One normal camera and the other one widelense. OIS and EIS for the primary and just EIS for the second (Both usable for selfie and normal shooting)
    Now that would mean evolution.
    If I developed a phone like that, if I had the money, there would be success guaranteed.
    But who am I to give ideas to the big boys...
    Either way, I'm a happy 5T user and I wouldn't even dare to buy a phone with a notch, onscreen fingerprint and never ever a mechanical pop-up camera..
    Either way, good luck OnePlus for your next flagship, if it pleases me I'm gonna buy it and give this one to my recent married wife :D

E1523460281873 and Fidda like this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 30, 2018

meatandy , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I would say the hardware notch will eventually give way to a smaller top bezel housing the earpiece and sensors .
    It should include an underscreen fingerprint sensor with out the pop-up camera , otherwise should still be made of glass , metal and plastic.:p

cdnfarmer likes this.
  5. G_Aubrey_Price_eqkg
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

G_Aubrey_Price_eqkg , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Total edge to edge screen.. No notch.. 4k display and waterproofing.. Even a compact version of the phone would be fantastic

6. G_Mamadou_Magassa_CrOz
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

G_Mamadou_Magassa_CrOz , Jul 30, 2018 :
    je pense qu'il aura une batterie de environ 4000 mAh et une amélioration du système audio en bonus une charge induction. J’espère qui ne enlèverons pas l'encoche et qui ne ferrons pas comme le Oppo Find X ni le vivo nex qui utilise une caméra rétractable, donc mécanique se qui fait quelle né pas étanche.

cdnfarmer likes this.
  7. sblantipodi
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2018

sblantipodi , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I really hope that next phone will have no motorized camera.
    I leave well with notch without additional motors for camera

8. sommersy
    KitKat Jul 30, 2018

sommersy , Jul 30, 2018 :
    I have to say it: i hope it's not a Find X clone - and i hoped it wasn't even before this came out.

It was pretty clear that the moving parts in the camera might not last the course, especially if you really had to use it to unlock the phone. I really hope OP keep a fingerprint reader for at least the next few generations. I'd feel better if there was a backup for a camera thay might literally not deploy one day.
    Besides, i find the concept of facial unlocking creepy and impositional ...for my phone >_>

Otoh, I'd also prefer to never see a notch again. Maybe, if the front-panel sensors can't fit into a slim bezel, a Vivo Nex S-like pop-up front camera wouldn't be so bad. I'd barely use it anyway ;p

9. tomtom14242
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

tomtom14242 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    for me the best option is to reduce the dimensions of the mobile, so it is more comfortable at hand with a good screen and what is saved on the screen can be invested in a better camera in the style of pixel. also with the camera pop up but igual That means to increase the price too much, it isnt the rigth way.
    thanks for the chance to talk!!

10. Sargo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2018

Sargo , Jul 31, 2018 :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What about these? That seems like a half a step between OP 6 and 7 so its perfect for 6t.
    Both from oppo so definitely possible - F9 Pro and r17
    Further reduction of the bottom chin and dual speakers
    Please include larger battery and make it a monster around 4000mAh or so and bring the camera sensor back from op5.
    OnePlus version of super VOOC from oppo.

dalmia09 likes this.
  11. Faizan596
    Donut Jul 31, 2018

Faizan596 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    I just think having moving mechanical parts I'd unreliable and will be prone to damage . obviously it's great technology and awesome design specially oppo find X looks amazing! but their price point is.no.more in the budget category with the new flagships. I would cry if oneplus would cost that much .

12. G_tar_mus_fvcV
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

G_tar_mus_fvcV , Jul 31, 2018 :
    I think OnePlus should take the OnePlus 6 and decrease the bezels on the sides and on the bottom and increase screen resolution to 1440p, increase the slow-motion fps, and add wireless charging and waterproofing. And most importantly use an AI version of the Snapdragon 850 and program the new version of Oxygen OS with AI capabilities.

13. jjpokefan
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

jjpokefan , Jul 31, 2018 :
    OnePlus 6 was borderline perfection.
    Give me the chin of the Iphone X, keep the headphone jack, notch, and fingerprint sensor, and waterproof it. Camera on OP6 was way better than it needed to be. Oxygen OS is wonderful. Nothing else is needed. Well done on the 6, OnePlus- you've left high expectations for a half-gen udgrade.

E1523460281873 and manuel19 like this.
  14. sangtian5243
    Eclair Jul 31, 2018

sangtian5243 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    every design is great! if you not copying iPhone camera like the vertical on the side.
    I love OnePlus I love Android not apple. so make your own design! love you oneplus[e]2665[/e]️

E1523460281873 and Fidda like this.
  15. glen8
    Froyo Jul 31, 2018

glen8 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    I hope it will look like the 6, just without a damn chin!

add wireless charging and an ip rating and I'm sold :)

ALMOST the perfect phone (getting close)

16. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS)
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2018

Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , Jul 31, 2018 :

Riddo B

awesome 6....better 7 then...

- no/minimised mechanical parts pls...wear and tear is a real thing...
    - always have matted or sandstone surface
    - maximise waterproofing
    - keep the fingerprint at the back...kinda cool in 1+ square
    - if want to reduce price, downgrade the camera, not anything else
    - maintain or improve battery performance
    - maintain the red/black/white/gray colour pallette.. kinda awesome branding (ie starwars cool, the avengers not so much).
    - substratum inbuilt ???
    - pls, ,microSD slot. dont be Apple.
    - comes with USB-C to HDMI cable out of the box... no hassle display on big screen

on the covers
    - magnetic covers pls, thats how busy ppl (your user) use in the cars
    - after that, spinner ring/stand/kick-stand

1+ is a macho+techy+cool.. but mainly macho...
    make it cute and your factory will be burned to the ground.​

oh you want them to sacrifice camera quality to reduce cost? I really hope OnePlus is not considering this your suggestion because it is the one thing that will take them out of the game instantly.

have you heard of the Xiomi MI 8. it's camera is way better than OnePlus 6. it has a higher DXO Mark rating almost beating the iPhone X. it has an AI algorithm for Portrait modes that's way superior over the OnePlus 6. it has a 3D face mapping tech and yet it's cheaper than the OnePlus 6.

17. LinkRar
    Froyo Jul 31, 2018

Fidda likes this.
  18. Dinu Constantin
    Froyo Jul 31, 2018

19. NightmareTaco
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

20. PatrickNL
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2018

PatrickNL , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Maybe a smaller phone as a second device in the OnePlus line, same specs as the 6 or 6t.
    I own a OP6 myself and love it, but if I could have the choice between big or small, I think I go for smaller one

Fidda likes this.