[Let's Talk] What you want to tell Pete and Carl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 16, 2018

script , Jul 16, 2018 :

Imagine you would have the opportunity to meet Pete and Carl. What are your 1 to 5 most burning questions you would like to ask, and what are your 1 to 5 most brilliant ideas for OnePlus you want to tell them?

Please state at least one question and one idea, and not more than 5 each.

If you see that another forum member already has asked your question before you, don't worry. It's absolutely ok to post questions and ideas more than once. If 15 or 100 members all ask for the same thing, it might have some impact.

Please don't comment on postings of other members. Post your own individual questions and ideas, no matter how sophisticated they might be.

Put your dreams and wishes, or your critics, in words and post them here. That's your chance. Let's talk with Pete and Carl.

2. GopalB.
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

GopalB. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Are we allowed to tag them too... [​IMG]

3. script

script , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Sure. I don't know if it helps, but feel free to tag them.

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Here is my question and idea to them:

Q. Why an obsession towards form over function - maximum screen to body ratio and a thin smartphone at the cost of a bigger battery?

Idea: Do what none of the competitors have done with their flagship devices - A LARGE BATTERY (5000 mAh).

5. GopalB.
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018

GopalB. , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Or better performance/optimization using same battery!!!

6. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jul 16, 2018 :
    OnePlus has got it right in most places, and made compromises in the right places too, except for battery.

I have no complaints on the performance front, although I wish the battery held up well. no matter how much more optimisation they do, there is a very limited room to increase battery life beyond what the hardware would permit.

so a bigger battery is the only solution today.

7. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

the_o2 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Ques: Future of the headphone Jack? Please don't remove that without any solid reasons, like they added a glass back and a notch without any purpose.

Idea: Make oxygen OS to look and feel like stock android, I can't find any difference between Android 7.1 and 8.1 in Oxygen OS both looks and feels the same...

8. script

9. buntycubal
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

buntycubal , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I got some questions to @Pete & @Carl..

1) Do u guys ever use community app or have u ever tag each other using community app.
    2) Does ur phones ever get heated ( Not Warm ) while charging / talking over 15min / while clicking couple of pics , while taking vids , if it does don't u think such expensive phone shouldn't perform this kinda thing.
    3) Do u guys know the frequently asked question's ( their problems ) by OnePlus buyers in community app & if u knew all those problems what have u done about it.
    4) Do u guys know how to wipe cache in recovery & how many times u perform on ur phone in a month.
    5) Have u guys ever thanked Community Moderators.

I got some ideas..

1) If someone become cupcake to froyo - cap , froyo to icecream sandwich - t shirt , icecream sandwich to KitKat - Bag , KitKat to marshmallow - cases & covers , marshmallow to Oreo - any oneplus accessories of his / her choice.
    2) make those next models with display upside down like u make those couple of op5 , I love those jelly effect.
    3) get Chucky as OnePlus mascot.
    4) put some voodoo app so we can curse each other in community.
    5) please give clearing cache button or toggle switch below volume down button.​

10. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

The1Lion , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Questions:
    1. Does OnePlus have a plan to be a top seller overtaking the likes of Samsung and Apple?
    2. What will OnePlus do to stand out from the crowd of Android Phones from competing brands and upcoming brands?
    3. Do you ever use competing brands to compare your product to? I.e. have you used an iPhone, Galaxy device or other brand?
    Suggestions:
    1. Instead of a "new" T version, consider another variant line. This may help you sell the "main" line for the year or so and also have a second perhaps less "speedy" version?
    2. If you stay with the T series, then make it with very little update to allow developers to maintain a main OS line for say the "6 Series" that would work for the 6 and only need some minor tweaks to work with the 6T.
    3. Give The1Lion a model to approve as his seal of approval is very important! Users are always asking is it The1Lion certified? ;):p

11. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 22, 2018

johneebee , Jul 22, 2018 :
    What would I want to ask Pete and Carl?

Questions:
    1) We've seen some companies in the news lately like Tesla and Amazon for not having great working conditions. When making Oneplus (or even at this moment) is there any other CEO or company in general you look up to as an example? And are there certain self-rules you gave yourself to set yourself apart from other companies who don't do it as it should in your opinion?

2) Mark Zuckerberg (CEO of facebook) famously gives himself challenges every year as new year’s resolutions to better himself and his company (like learning mandarin in 2010 and now in 2018 he wants to fix facebook's platform-abuse problems). Do you have any challenges for yourself that you're working towards? Are there any big challenges you're proud of that you succeeded in the past?

3) Opposite to many companies Oneplus has always came out with only one variant of its phone while nowadays we see that their often is a smaller Iphone/ pixel or zenphone... and a bigger variant who's packing a little more specs for a higher price. We also see phones (including Oneplus's phones) becoming pricier every year. Would you ever consider coming out with a less pricy "smaller" variant of that years Oneplus device in order to make people who can't afford to spend allot of money still be able to enjoy the Oneplus experience?

4) So we know you created OnePlus because "you couldn't find any smartphone product that could satisfy your needs when it came to polish, attention to detail and overall experience". Now that you have your own company set and ready and are making other products then only flagship phones like earphones and gear, is there any other device you'd like to see Oneplus to make in the future with that same mindset of making a better version of than is available today?

5) And as a last question: if your life went another way and you didn't became CEO and co-founder of a big tech company, what kind of job do you think you would have liked to do? Would you enjoy it as much as your current job?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018

12. 1sri
    Froyo Jul 25, 2018

1sri , Jul 25, 2018 :
    #OnePlus it is Time! Design a smartwatch! This will really turn the tides in the smartwatch department and sell millions!

#OnePlus really listens to its customers. Now that we have expanded n entered into other tech such as earphones, it's safe to say we will pick up all the products!

Please design and deliver us these products!
    #OnePlus phone - Oneplus 6
    #OnePlus earphones - Bullets wireless
    #OnePlus headphones - NA
    #OnePlus smartwatch - NA
    #OnePlus smart glasses - NA
    #OnePlus laptop - NA
    #OnePlus stylus - NA
    #OnePlus Bluetooth speaker - NA
    #OnePlus gamepads - NA
    #OnePlus camera - NA
    #OnePlus wireless charging for above - NA

#OnePlus I want you to become the first company to provide the best bang for buck in every dept of tech! We will absolutely love it.

Please make it happen sooner than later!
    Trust in us n we will be there with you till the end!

#One

Of the above, looking at the data we find people are in the immediate need of -

Smart watch = low cost to start production
    The vision here is to have a fitness module which is affordable. The world is moving towards fitness and smart watch industry is booming It's now that we can encash easily before more brands start pouring in! Once we have released our product, my best bet is we will be sold out just like the bullets earphones. People will easily spend 100 dollars. And we will stabilize quickly

Bluetooth speakers = quite expensive to company
    People buy Bluetooth speakers. But unlike smart watch is difficult to get into production, we need very good audio coming from OnePlus, people expect us to never settle

LAPTOP
    Today it's highly unlikely that oneplus can make laptop. There are too many options and it's difficult to keep the price below 2000 dollars. There are ones that cost 6k >
    If we can deliver a great system, it's big news!

Smartwatch is easily achievable today

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2018

13. 1sri
    Froyo Jul 29, 2018

1sri , Jul 29, 2018 :
    The above post actually comes under product expansion. Pardon me for that..

Here are my 5 burning questions
    1. No micro SD card, why?
    2. Need better speakers
    3. Need IP certification for ease of mind
    4. Need bigger battery
    5. Will the notch go away? Did we really need the notch?

Looks like we followed Apple too much and fell into notch trap. It basically has divided people's feelings.
    We could have waited couple of years in the notch game.

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 29, 2018

15. Dresa91
    Android Q Aug 1, 2018

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Well, I don't know if I have specific topics...
    Ideas:
    Well let's remind them in their "philosophy": A smartphone based on user and community. Hear their voices, this is a base and a chance to have to take. A smartphone in collaboration with the market - well this is a great USP, and go back to the roots. Do something unique and don't copy other brands. Life your own life, make OP great (again) :)

16. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2018

Dresa91 likes this.
  17. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Aug 1, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Aug 1, 2018 :
    As I said in @NeVeR_SeTTLe's thread, 2 years of warranty on par with EU for other regions would be lovely.

Would love to know about plans of getting us some clip on lens and more photography accessories.

To be contd.

otto2, 1sri, script and 1 other person like this.
  18. Enduser1992
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2018

Enduser1992 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    It wont sell

otto2 likes this.
  19. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2018

20. Slatter191
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2018

Slatter191 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Stop ripping people, and start manufacturing quality products........otherwise OP shall be history.

Shuller likes this.