[Let's Talk] What you want to tell Pete and Carl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1sri
    Froyo Aug 1, 2018

1sri , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Of all the companies I trust, @OnePlus is the only company that has never settled in giving best price for their product. This is the place where people come, knowing they won't get ripped off!

Spread your wings 1+. Quickly manufacture more products which have demand right now in the tech world. Many players are pouring in! Find a price segment and always settle and hold your ground!

otto2 likes this.
  2. J1527140365700
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

J1527140365700 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Hi I just want to ask :

1 Do you intend to make the audio output better. Currently it's below average.
    2 Can we see dual audio via Bluetooth in the upcoming models?
    3 Can we make the device more secure so that it's the preferred choice of organisations as the official handset rather than Apple and Samsung?

Suggestions
    1 Kindly make the earpiece as the secondary speaker and increase the audio output in general.
    2 Please do something to make the device lighter in weight.
    3 We can have two variants, one being a smaller size for people who prefer handsets that fit in their hand.
    4 In screen fingerprint sensor would be better, right now I have to lift the device every time to unlock, it gets even more difficult while driving, when the device is placed on the holder.

script and Shuller like this.
  3. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2018

Shuller , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Are they planning to have their own design for OP phones?
    Are they going to implement new technologies like other companies are doing?
    Are they able to stop lying?

pretty much all!

4. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2018

Shuller , Aug 1, 2018 :
    how about Ciaomi? they have more features for a way better price!
    Mi 8 Dual GPS...
    ID FP
    Real Face ID
    Better Water Resistance

like I mentioned for a way lower price!

5. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2018

Shuller , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Huawei is doing something you are mentioning and I red today an article that they are 2nd in smartphone manufacturing...
    I don’t think OP will ever be even close to this...

Dresa91 likes this.
  6. 1sri
    Froyo Aug 1, 2018

1sri , Aug 1, 2018 :
    True.

Oxygen OS is uncluttered.
    MIUI is bloated

7. 1sri
    Froyo Aug 1, 2018

1sri , Aug 1, 2018 :
    We need money to make money! 1+ being a 4 year old doesn't have much to leave to chance.

Huawei has invested with Leica and they have more models in the market. They have a broader game.

1+ needs to collaborate with high end camera manufacturers as they would have already done the R&D and its good to go.

They have same applications which Google has provided inbuilt with Android. Eg 2 mail apps, 2 weather apps, 2 browsers. It's not necessary

As I see it, we are posting 1000+ suggestions, comments, replies, queries, post etc. They won't read each post. They use data analysis to come to a conclusion. This is done by a diff team. The founders are mainly busy with other tasks.

So it's not 99:1. Even after all analysis it's always 50:50 or 1:1. Though all of us post suggestions it accounts to 1. In the end they do what they want(what they think is best for 1+). Our thoughts must have crossed their minds. The answer to our questions would be cost optimization.

They need to optimize satisfaction from now on! Satisfaction comes at a higher price. As I mentioned in earlier posts, people will shell out to about 700 dollars, given today's brand value for next OnePlus 7! If I'm to pay $700 I'll rather go for Samsung. Here's my suggestion.

Tie up with good camera manufactures(~nikon, cannon) and get the job done. Don't delay(compromise for OnePlus 7) in camera performance. Upgrade to 2k AMOLED display. Add bigger battey(~5000mAh). Include wireless charging. Use exceptional stereo speakers. Get it IP certified for underwater photography. Include an SD card slot. Skip the 256gb model.

Edit by script: please don't post duplicate posts. Let others have their opinion, don't comment. Thank you.
    This is not a discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018

8. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2018

Shuller , Aug 1, 2018 :
    they have to do lots of things... however they are not doing those things they have to do... that’s the point

1sri likes this.
  9. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2018

Shuller , Aug 1, 2018 :
    In nowadays to complain about the Rom should be the last thing... you can unbloat it... you can replace it... there are so many ways to custom the android phone...

BTW... when you say it is bloated... what do you mean? few examples please

10. gurumohan368
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2018

gurumohan368 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    OnePlus 3T is failing to detect sim 2 after updating oxygen os 5.0.4. Do you know what caused the issue.

11. Amarnadh266
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

Amarnadh266 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    good point my brother

the_o2 likes this.
  12. Toddmkeene
    Froyo Aug 1, 2018

Toddmkeene , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I'd like to see OnePlus be more prevalent in the US, are there any future plans to work with one the US carriers to sell OnePlus devices. I love the brand, I just would like to see it become like Apple and Samsung as far as recognition with people in the US, people where I live in Kansas see my phone and always ask what is that, I tell them OnePlus 6, and they get this confused look, and then say what brand. Just a thought, keep up the great work!

script likes this.
  13. SJBoss
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2018

SJBoss , Aug 1, 2018 :
    1. what's the meaning of this
    Inked2_LI.jpg
    2. Other than launching products, what do you akchually do? (to @Carl)
    (I'll add more questions later)

otto2 and script like this.
  14. Brett_Stewart
    Eclair Aug 1, 2018

Brett_Stewart , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I would like to know if you guys feel that markets are driven by what consumers feel is "new", rather than by value or quality. I know I am interested in "new", but am motivated by quality and value.

What made/makes you think more speed is what customers want?

Do you ever read the community forums?

My suggestions would be a) refine devices and build in more quality to new products rather then focus on raw performance numbers. b) don't let design and "new" drive products - be the company that provides high quality and stability. c) find a bunch of camera experts to design tests and an evaluation process for your cameras - so that you have an ultra high level framework to evaluate camera results.

otto2 and script like this.
  15. script
    Nougat Moderator Aug 1, 2018

script , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I read every post and want to say thank you to every poster. I always liked the power of the community.

Today Carl posted a picture be has taken in the monthly photo thread. They do read what we write and post.

I like that.

16. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 1, 2018

luigimario , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Questions:
    1. Who is Pete? No, seriously. I only know about Carl (want to get) Pei(d).
    2. Will OnePlus be releasing another budget phone now that the flagships are getting up in price?
    3. Is OPPO ok with you breaking off from them and using some of their ideas/tech like Dash Charge?
    4. What's it feel like to be the creator of something so pervasive as the OnePlus brand?
    5. Think you could hook me up with a OnePlus 6T? ;)
    Brilliant Ideas:
    1. Budget phone line (or mid-tier). Do it! I honestly think that having a lower price point will bring you more customers. It would keep past customers like me who can't afford the higher price point, and it would entice new comers to try OnePlus and see that it is a good brand, and possibly upgrade to a higher priced model once they see the value.
    2. I'm sure you've already thought of it, but get set up with mobile providers in more countries (like US and Canada) so you can sell more phones. You would need a larger ad campaign, but once people know the OP name and see it in the store, they will be more inclined to buy it. Most people just buy a phone that they've seen in the store or in an ad/what other people they know have. If more people knew about OP, more people would buy it. (Obviously you already know this and are expanding slowly to avoid issue with growing too quickly).
    3. Make a rugged design phone for clumsy people or people who work in construction etc. It may not be as popular since it doesn't look as nice, but I think there's a market for it.
    4. Okay, there is no 4 because I ran out of ideas, but I think lots of people here have great ideas. I hope some of them get implemented.

Ruby G. and script like this.
  17. otto2
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2018

otto2 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Question one: Will the new R&D in India work only for the Indiana market or is there a global orientation?

Question 2: Will there be more open ears forums reading camera, Software, Support etc?

Question 3: Will you finally build an own phone with a very own Design, like the Oneplusone, or will you still copy other Brands and Designs?

Question 4:

In your eyes: Where s the difference between an Oneplus 6 and the other flagship devices on market despite of the price?

Question 5: What do you think about the future of Android since Google is working on Fuchsia?

My ideas:

1.:
    Use good old Design rule:"Form follows function" instead of building "cool" devices users need to put into a case to protect them slipping out of their hands. (Oneplusone sandstone Was really great here.) Better a though, thick body with a better camera Sensor and a Single optical Zoom then some slippery, thin body with bad hardware.

2.:

Ask community way more about design options, we belive you ll choose the best Hardware available, but when users want more battery and a better camera you should Start Designing as users want and not as "Trends" are telling you.

3.: At Hamburg camera Event I told you:"Build something special, something of your own, if you still copy Apple and others you ll get down, since everyone can copy existing products."
    And I Don t want a Design copy of an Apple phone.

4.:

Difference is less today, price is going high er and higher, but other manufacturers/copy cats are cheaper nowadays. So it 's up to you to give your customer a good reason to buy a device for more than 600 Euro.
    Yes, OxygenOS is really great, but camera Software is still not as good as the Hardware, and no New ideas I can see in the OP6, just some Software crap for Portrait Mode, but Nothing really great.

5.:

How about the Support for a Linux Desktop System, so we can connect our device easily with existing Monitors and Keyboards and mouse. Why do I need a PC or Laptop, if all I need is build in my phone? Not like that Samsung crap, where we have to buy expensive Hardware, just a reliable cast to any hdmi Monitor or a TV screen, BT connection to keyboard and mouse and a KDE or gnome Desktop running on our phones?

18. Enduser1992
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2018

Enduser1992 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    No need..Because majority of the customer base are first time buyers who are not yet in the community and those buyers see all the devices being launched simultaneously over a period of time.. so oneplus have to ultimately play catch up with some not so neccesary tech trends..

otto2 likes this.
  19. O1526951052760
    Donut Aug 2, 2018

O1526951052760 , Aug 2, 2018 :
    will one plus keep the good price and good hardware?
    what we see is for each version a price increase!

don't remove hijack (3.5mm) and try to keep the oxygenOS really near to Android stock version!

script likes this.
  20. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2018

jimmmysil , Aug 2, 2018 :
    Questions:
    1. A few days back i saw a post that in some countries op will have retail stores. Is one plus planning on selling their products exclusively through local retail stores on each country? If yes have they though what will be the impact on sales since some countries have really high taxes affecting the product's prices? Will customers still have the chance to buy a product out of oneplus.com on a lower price like now?

2. Is one plus planning to release each year a T model and what are the actual reason for it because so far as I see the T model doesn't offer such an improvement. Do you still think the "never settle" slogan is still accurate for op6? Can you please support that with a few examples vs the competition?

3. What products other than smartphones are they planning to release in the near future? I read that they might start selling tablets. Are they planning to expand to smartwatches and smart home products, if yes can they state what products we can expect in up to a 1-2 year future plan?

4. Are they thinking to design a one plus model that will actually be ip68+ rated to water and dust resistance?

5. What they think about the new 3 camera sensor trend? In my opinion a set up like op6 with 2 lenses plus a telephoto lens with OIS will give a great improvement on bokeh effect. Do you read reviews of DXO and other "professional" ratings and try to improve or add what's missing with software updates if possible or add appropriate hardware to the upcoming op model?

Ideas:
    1. Wireless charging is missing from one plus phones. We can have wireless charging that of course will not be able to to compete dash charging but a lot of ppl have wireless charging docs build in cars, furniture etc. and it will be good to be able to use it even tho the charging time will be greater on par with dash charge.

2. One plus camera app needs an AI feature imo similar to Google's and Huawei's. Google pixel had only one lens but still they train their AI through million of samples and scenarios offering the best camera smartphone each year. Huawei with their AI achieved the best night shooting mode on smartphone so far even offering a "handheld" night mode that the user can use pro mode without a tripod.

3. Stereo sounds speakers would be a nice addition to the next op model since most of the people now days have replaced their PCs and TVs with their smartphone. We game, we watch movies, we communicate & in general we do most of the things though a smartphone.

4. Equip the future op models with a better quality and higher resolution screen and if a user wants to have better battery life and sacrifice the higher resolution to be able through software setting to change back to FHD.

5. I think one plus devices needs faster updates and especially security updates. It is not acceptable during July on our beloved op6 device still to be on May's security update. I know that probably op Dev team evaluated how serious and important that security update was and probably chose to skip it but still we wanna have the most recent security update since we use our smartphone to control our bank account and very sensitive personal data(I know someone might think that in age of social networking most of the people willingly post all these staff but still we are a lot of people that doesn't).

Thanks for the opportunity to share my opinion and directly ask a few things out. I love my OP6 and my bullets wireless and I really wanna see op products to be the best with the right price without compromises.

Never Settle!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018

Ruby G. and script like this.