[Let's Talk] What's the best and worst feature you've ever seen in a smartphone?

1. G_dave_dave_to_aKdz
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2018

G_dave_dave_to_aKdz , Apr 18, 2018 :
    smartphones are good the OnePlus is good but lacks accessories...major companies focus only on known famous brands like Samsung apple and google pixel...Oneplus is a mobile phone maker but I'm sure that creating accessories like add on lense that can be attached to casing....custom covers etc....there a lot of things achievable like trying to create some software on mobile for oneplus...the OnePlus community and photography contest is one of best features on mobile phone as for today...

2. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Apr 19, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan , Apr 19, 2018 :
    No features are bad in OnePlus as it already came with packed features.

But , the only thing I didn't like was OnePlus 5 doesn't have IP certification for it's price, it's similar to iPhone 7 plus, camera quality could've been improved and the hardware doesn't come with IR blaster.

3. jaydog
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2018

jaydog , Apr 19, 2018 :
    low battery worse ever and oneplus 5 8gb ram model i own how smooth it is best.

4. D1519764176693
    Eclair Apr 19, 2018

D1519764176693 , Apr 19, 2018 :
    worst - no dual sim
    best - dual speaker phone for best music play ... please add a dual speaker in oneplus 6 for best sound quality

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. Reginal Densten
    Froyo Apr 19, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Foo007
    Donut Apr 19, 2018

Foo007 , Apr 19, 2018 :
    Yes *** (OxygenOS need more updates need more features). *** Suggestions

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Sorry for my english is poor.

before I'm using other brands phone like (HTC,Samsung,Sony,Huawei,Vivo....)

so this is first time i using OP5T love this phone feel premium quality and performance fast .
    But so many features don't have inside ☹️
    I hope (Oneplus Team) can make this for OP5T in new software update. Please..

* list for features update *~(suggestions)
    1. create folder on app drawer screen. (other brands can)
    2. add built in compass app. (if playstore have Ads)
    3. add for screen off gestures 2more (draw C /draw Z ).
    4. add ringtone trimmer (also can set as ringtone function)

View attachment 739144
    *(screenshot from HTC)*

5. Can adjust notification volume.(other brands have)

View attachment 739154
    *(screenshot from HTC)*

6. add front camera potrait mode which is software enabled. also can be select 16.9 aspect ratio.
    (for rear and front potrait mode also can be adjust blur effect) + also hopefully add scan qr in camera.

7. add built in video player for edit *rotate video clip*. (Google pixel have).
    +(playing video can capture photo)*HTC have*

8. (most important) enable stereo sound speaker only for play music /video /game (no need for the ringtone).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    9. last one the issue is enable *three-finger screenshot* problem screen multi touch limited !!!! Playing games cannot more than 4 fingers at the same time..! ☹️ please fix it..

~ I hopefully (Oneplus team) have see my thread and add more features to upgrade the software updates for OP5T.~

Thanks and also sorry for my English is poor.

7. Vincent.DELAYE
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2018

Vincent.DELAYE , Apr 19, 2018 :
    For me, the best features that I really miss are :

- Toggle flash light by long press on power button while screen off. (+++)
    - Change display brightness by scrolling on status bar.

Please implement the flashlight feature !!! It's so usefull !!!!

8. F_Matteo_Martini_xTJn
    Eclair Apr 19, 2018

F_Matteo_Martini_xTJn , Apr 19, 2018 :
    up to me the worst feature in a phone it's that gap between camera module and phone body..... producers can offer bordless(more or less) phones but can't fix this issue.

9. saladinayubi69
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2018

saladinayubi69 , Apr 19, 2018 :
    i 'd make it just brief
    best features:
    better camera
    better crisp display
    water resistance
    better battery life
    timely updates

Worst features
    edge display
    dual/triple cameras
    larger then 6'inch displays
    extra gigs of rams

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. PJayy
    Froyo Apr 19, 2018

PJayy , Apr 19, 2018 :
    I'd love to make limited collab items with TV shows and brands. Our current accessories but cool editions :D

11. rzozaya1969
    Froyo Apr 19, 2018

rzozaya1969 , Apr 19, 2018 :
    Worst:
    1. Form over function. This is features that are being added because they look pretty but remove functionality, like smaller battery and no headphone jack because the phone needs to be slim. Or the notch, because for some reason, bezels are evil and they should remove them at all costs. I think some bezels at top and bottom are more easily handled, and let to have front facing speakers. So, one option is to make it pretty, and the other to make it functional. But it seems 2018 is the year of the notch.
    2. Buggy issues. When the user experience is bad due to software problems.
    3. Require a software to update software and files from desktop.

Best:
    1. Cameras. They are getting better everytime, and it's useful to have them available.
    2. Simple and flexible OS. I like some gestures to turn on camera. Motorola's implementation are the best I've seen, twist to turn on camera, chop to turn on flashlight.
    3. Large screens.

I don't care on the amounts of cameras, as long as they provide good pics.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. MikhailTheItalian
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2018

MikhailTheItalian , Apr 20, 2018 :
    The best feature in a smartphone must be the touchscreen itself. The capacitive touchscreen that we use nowadays was once non-existent coming from an era of resistive touchscreen devices which often mandated a stylus for proper usage. Thankfully due to advances in technology we have capacitive touchscreens that make navigating through UI's so easy that we often wish for more widespread adoption of this technology.

The worst feature in a smartphone goes out to all glass designed smartphones. In the first instance I mean come on, when it falls its bound to break, scratch or crack. For crying out loud its glass. No matter how many coatings or protective layers its glass and its bound to break at some point in time after a few falls. No matter what level of guerilla glass is available the glass must break or crack at some point in time after a few falls.

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Apr 20, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. matxxtia
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2018

matxxtia , Apr 20, 2018 :
    Best features:
    1. Camera:
      Cameras in phones are getting better and better. Every manufacturer is trying to build the best camera set in phones, from Huawei with his triple camera to sony with his dual sensor capable of capturing ultra-low light photos and video.
      Now almost every Flagship phone have his Pro mode and user can choose what to see with his photo and video! I honestly love the ultra slow motion video to capture things that human eyes can't see.
    2. Dash charge:
      The actually best tech in terms of speed, it changes the way you charge the phone, no more need to charge it overnight.
    3. Smoothness:
      Needs of users are growing every day. The RAM capacity and management have seen new heights and thanks to this we reached incredible phone responsivness, smoothness and speed, even with split screen.
    4. Google Photo:
      I really love what google photo can do, face recognition in every photo you take, you can search in your photo for what you need and you'll find, i think it's an amazing tech, but obviously you don't have to care too much of your own privacy.

Worst features:
    1. Animoji & co:
      Do we really need that? Lots of effort to animate a toon emoji, we have videocall, why do we need an emoji to talk instead of us?
    2. Wireless charging:
      Charging times are so long if you compare them to dash charge, till the moment we can charge at the same speed i consider this as rubbish.

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. Gerda113
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2018

Gerda113 , Apr 20, 2018 :
    What's the best and worst feature you've ever seen in a smartphone?

I like that nowadays smartphones has very good camera, so i dont need to take big and heavy camera with me. I love i can take Pictures fast and they also look good. Also i love audio at new smartphones, i enjoy using headphones and listening to music. I like that smartphones are fast and i dont need to wait pages load a century. I love fingerprint scanner because its very safe, i dont have it on my phone right now. I like that i can play cames at phone if i want to. Mulitask with split screen is another favorite of mine. If I want to watch YouTube and write a word document I can do it at the same time. Mutitasking is definitely what I do all the time and there is no better way to do it then by using the Split Screen mode. Dash Charge and quick charge – best thing ever. I love the speed and that i have so much memory.

I dont like that most of the smartphones has fingerprint scanner at back. I like it on front. It makes phone ugly and if i use some case to protect phone my finger cant reach fingerprint scanner. Other thing what i dont like is that many smartphone battery dont last long, just one day. Some smartphones are getting slower in time. Sony, LG, Samsung... all of them have such approaches, and they are all ugly, slow, and have lame experiences. Dont have that probleem with oneplus.

But after all nowadays smartphones are very good and are getting even better.

Oneplus is the best smartphone and it looks very good. I just love it, and cant wait you to release a new one.

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. Vigneshxchan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 20, 2018

Vigneshxchan , Apr 20, 2018 :
    As I take my pen to Let's Talk the Best and the Worst features in a smartphone , my sense of possiblity in narrowing down the perfect features for a smartphone. I take few seconds in admiring OnePlus for it's Let's talk discussion so that they have a better connect towards it's OnePlusfam. Well I am proud to say I myself am a part of this community when I purchased the OnePlus 2 which was known as the flagship killer period. My firdt step in purchasing this flagships killer made me realize " Companies are trying hard to bring a perfect phone with a perfect price tag being it a solid performer by far a hit or a miss at the rich features for a better user experience " @Chris dB

GIVE IT AS IT IS , MORE OF LESS HEAVY

The "BEST" feature I consider in a smartphone is the pure light weight Android experience which pushes the software UI a much better user experience reducing lag and loading times.
    Infact no doubt OxygenOS is the lightest software experience I have tested which makes everything about the phone buttery smooth. Come on manufacturers give us the same Android Google gives you !
    oxygen-Forum-1.png

Trrrrng... " YOU NEED TO STAND " , " TIME TO RUN "

As I forget to stand for better blood flow due to long exposed sitting at the same place later causing an unesy feeling for a back pain... Get what I said ?
    The HEALTH MONITORING feature is the perfect " BEST " feature in a smartphone , which defines my health at the perfect time , reminding my state and prolonged condition and what not , also tells me when should I contact the Doc in case of Emergency. I have to say my smartphone guides me better in weight reduction than my fiteness diary can do.
    21956-25993-health-1-l.jpg

WHERE'S THE REMOTE ?

A constant question arrising in the neighborhood who hasn't fallen prey to the smartphone evolution. The inclusion of the IR BLASTER sure comes under the " BEST " features as it makes lives so much easier. Pretty much you can control anything right at your palm. When I was Introduced to IR , I had no idea how my life becomes easier. This implementation might have just pushed the limits to IOT ( Internet of Things ), controlling anything from your lights to your Temperature stat. Home Automation had paved a way bringing in anything at the palm. Sure an evolution.
    ir.jpg

OK , CLICK !

Gone are the days carrying an hefty bag for the DSLR , Gone are the days carrying DSLR equipments , Gone are days depending on DSLR for professional like Photos. Due to the excellent camera module evolution Into the smartphone has made clicking photographs so much easier. It's as much as click , edit , and post. PORTRAIT MOde right at your palm is the "BEST" upgradation a phone camera could boast off.
    dual.jpg

EVERYWHERE BLOATWARE

I consider BLOATWARES the " WORST " features of a smartphone as they make the user experience laggy and pretty heavy. Most of the Bloatewares are unused and they consume more energy and space, regardless of performance. The major Barrier to performance is Bloatewares which are due optimisation. Excellent optimisation is prior for a rich user experience provided software is a bang.

HEY PHONE , BRING JARVIS TO LIFE !

The real lack of human like interaction with our phone is a major DISADVANTAGE for people who loves seeing their smartphone as a friend or maybe a lover like I do. The rapid one to one interaction with immediate answers is always a hit or miss. Obvious you couldn't expect an AI assistance to be that live , but it's kind OF A DREAM to have Jarvis kind of assistance whereever you which as lively as it could.

WHEN I CALL U DONT COME , BUT WHEN I SQUEEZE ?

I don't Kno much abt most of the people who likes to squeeze to bring up their assistant , but as me it's one of a KIND feature and it's still in the testing phase. I don't regret the fact that it
    Comes under the WORST features but as of now it stays here.

As far as I have mentioned MY best and the worst features of a phone , it keeps differing from one user to the other. Who knows even CEO'S of every companies would never like to give up on the worst features of my list. Whatever did I say up there , it all depends on nature of users claiming their own perpective.

SPECIAL MENTION :

I would like to give a special mention to one of the BEST features of 2K18 , is the NAVIGATION GESTURES in the smartphone which up levels the user experience to next level of convenience. I have never felt so much satisfing going to home from the menu. But that was short lived as it was my friend' s 5T. My phone does not have that. I Kno so sad !

AND ONEPLUS I have a request for you !
    I Hope the REACHABILITY Feature from the iPhone is poached to OnePlus. It's the best implementation of one handed. It's as simple as double TAPING the home button in the iPhone, to lower the screen right to my thumb. ( In iPhone X it's a swipe down. ) I would love to see Oneplus having hands on this excellent implementation of one handed feature cuz phones are getting bigger !!! @David Y.
    @ruby G how about you check the SPECIAL MENTION !

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. Sidharth Krishnan
    Froyo Apr 20, 2018

18. Sidharth Krishnan
    Froyo Apr 20, 2018

19. AbodYahia
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2018

AbodYahia , Apr 20, 2018 :
    You usually know what you really like about technology in general but what you really hate this is need more thinking let’s see so i will start which what i think is worst.

A-The worst features in smartphones:

1- Breakable screens: Okay big screens are amazing we all love big touch screens but the idea of this screen are able to scratch shred or even broke is horrible it always been my nightmare in all smartphones if your phone slip out of your hand it's over probably when you consider all of this hours and situations we use our phones what is the chances. !?

2-Overheat: This is not a feature but it’s a deal breaker maybe this is not a major concern for those who lived in cold or even moderate weather but this a big issue in hot areas like Arab gulf or even Egypt which is not that hot I had personal experience with snapdragon 801 in LG G3 when my device CPU damaged due to overheat costing me my device this also repeated with other people.

3-Dual screens: This is not a popular feature but it`s out there in some smartphones like LG V10 it`s really one of the most stupid feature in my opinion they could use ambient or always on display. xD

4-Curved Screen: we are here again with screen features why did anyone will need a curved screen in his smartphone it doesn’t make any sense what dose curved screen really bring to using experience.!!

4-The lack of fast charging: Yes since 2016 smartphone without fast charging is stupidphone.

5-Dual & Triple Camera: Yes, triple camera now exists in Huawei P20 Pro like the dual camera wasn’t exaggerate enough in my opinion secondary camera for wide lens or more zoom don’t worth it until now dual camera is almost in every flag ship now and many of the mid-range phones for deferent proposes no one of them is satisfying for me.

B-The best features in smartphones:

1-Dash Charging: absolutely I love dash charging to be my 1st best feature, fast charging means all the other features is ready for you almost all the time sure sold battery experience is important as much as fast charging having fast charging with fast battery drain is pointless.

2-Neat software: I love neat and clean software experience one of the main reasons I love OnePlus products is Oxygen OS the best operating system out there much better than stock android, being neat and clean software doesn’t mean lack of features and utilities or customizability like IOS.

3-Finger print: absolutely finger print is the best comfort safe and fast security method out there.

4-Big internal storage: I always hate the need of the SD-cards specially with android storage issues having 64GB internal storage or more in the device is very comfort relieve and handy.

5-Solid performance: we all love when everything working smoothly less loading time on high frame rate no limits for multitasking having all your favorite apps.

6-fast update: If there is update out there and away of my hand this could make me uncomfortable I love OnePlus because they always on the schedule in sanding software updates.

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. greenboypocket
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2018

greenboypocket , Apr 21, 2018 :
    Best: Dash charge and high quality cameras!!
    Worst: Finger print reader on the back..next to the camera Sam... ;)
    Future: Moto mods :)

Ruby G. likes this.