[Let's Talk] What's the best life advice you've ever gotten?

1. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 4, 2019 :
    This thread made me remember something I really think is interesting to share.

I believe that the best pieces of advice are always the ones that are not supposed to be advised. Sometimes people say them, of course with their best intentions and especially in bad moments, but probably they are not going to stick with oneself for multiple reasons. At least this is my own experience. No one has ever told me a bit of useful advice that I have applied... I always build my own advises based on real experiences that have made me learn.

That being said, I will share my last learning, in case someone finds it useful. I grabbed it for myself and since then I use it as an advice for quite almost everything.

I had the opportunity to visit an exhibition of Berenice Abbott, a photographer that was unknown for me before. She is such an interesting person with an even more interesting point of view. Included in the exhibition it was projected a documentary about her. In the beginning, she explains this situation. A man that was really good at building and creating things makes a wooden toy for the recent born son of his friends. Shortly after giving him the present, the baby breaks it down, and the man saw his creation being destroyed in front of him. He then went back to his garage to repair it but the story repeated again. At that moment he realized that no matter how much effort you put into something, everything is destroyable. Everything but the process of creating it.

And, as an artist creator in many areas, this is my learned and transformed advice:

Enjoy the process of creation more than the actual result, because it is something no one can break, interfere with, steal from you, or even change, it is all yours, and at the end is just all that matters.

2. buntycubal
    Marshmallow Sep 7, 2019

buntycubal , Sep 7, 2019 :
    It's a thrill , you hear that little pop & pull their heads off & hold their heads up by the hair, whipping their heads off & all that fountain of blood ,their body sitting there..but you should also think if your head has been chopped off, will you still be able to hear, at least for a moment, the sound of your own blood gushing from your neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure...you should knife pierced the tattoo of his baby's name & went right on through to bleed the heart that beat for his lover.sliced his chest that had witnessed a million kisses & wrapped its protection around his son in their everlasting hugs.yet none of that mattered to your knife or you & his blood was as red as any other.just remember If you’re going to do something, do it well & leave something witchy:)

3. vsathishk
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  4. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 7, 2019 :
    :cool:

buntycubal likes this.