[Let's Talk] What's the best life advice you've ever gotten?

1. F_Jon_Patrick_bRmQ Donut May 10, 2018

F_Jon_Patrick_bRmQ, May 10, 2018 :
    Not ight[/QUOTE]
    The best thing someone has ever said to me is. TheThe best things in life are free. And I have found this to be true. WhenWhen you look at. Being able to breathe to to see to to hear. To speak and much much more. I would say run but alas I can't cannot. So be be thankful for all the good things in life that cost nothing

2. F_Jon_Patrick_bRmQ Donut May 10, 2018

F_Jon_Patrick_bRmQ, May 10, 2018 :
    The best thing someone has ever said to me is. TheThe best things in life are free. And I have found this to be true. WhenWhen you look at. Being able to breathe to to see to to hear. To speak and much much more. I would say run but alas I can't cannot. So be be thankful for all the good things in life that cost nothing[/QUOTE]
    I thank you so much for your kind liking of my post I I don't think many will reply but I kindly thank you

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop May 10, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 10, 2018 :
    I thank you so much for your kind liking of my post I I don't think many will reply but I kindly thank you[/QUOTE]your post speaks a very deep truth. it deserves much more than a like. and sorry about your legs.

4. agoinfly Lollipop May 10, 2018

agoinfly, May 10, 2018 :
    So Sweet!
    Isn't it romantic?​

Last edited: May 10, 2018

Mjo and BeingIncog like this.
  5. midifire Ice Cream Sandwich May 17, 2018

midifire, May 17, 2018 :
    That I can be wrong and that I should be able to accept that I can be wrong, but also the opposite is true:
    Even if I (think I) am right, I should be able to accept that the other side does not think alike or share the same opinion.
    Also that to improve yourself you need to be able to find someone who is like you (aka has the same flaws) because it's easier to see flaws someone else has than to see your own flaws.
    I had quite some discussions with different people (starting with my parents, close family, friends but also with completely strangers) and it made me realize the above.
    My parents always told me I resembled my uncles because of my stubbornness - which they disliked. I had no clue until recently when we talked about different topics - which I'm not going to tell you because I mostly forgot xD.

I didn't believe that someone could trump my stubbornness but my uncles stubbornness is a thousand times worse. I thought I couldn't leave a topic/discussion but I did several times when I realized the opposite side would never stop. It's weird to be honest because I never realized that I could take a discussion too far until that moment. He just wouldn't let it go and he became more and more angry (like seriously I got scared at one point), at the same time I didn't want to quit because I had pretty strong arguments (in my opinion).
    It was funny too because at the same time my parents tried to hush me and told me to stop.

And it is true that seeing your own flaws is not an easy thing. Hence my suggestion of finding someone you think has that 'flaw'/negative side too.
    It really did open my eyes and I hope to improve that aspect/characteristic of mine.

idkwhoiam322, Ruby G. and Mjo like this.
  6. GuardianSword Cupcake May 18, 2018

GuardianSword, May 18, 2018 :

At this specific moment, the best life advice that keeps ringing in my heart is "to be humble" am saying this because of the life stage that am passing through right now. I've been kind of jobless for a while now, i have a degree and two diplomas and still getting a chance to be employed has been a far light at the end of the tunnel that i never seem to reach to.

Though i've been able to work on my career, in other people's projects with a few days doing this and a few weeks doing something else, i've never had a concrete salary to pay my bills or even my rent, so its been a struggle, so i had to be humble, and began looking for a job that was below my qualifications, and luckily, just a few days ago, a friend of mine has asked me to go and help him work at a gas station, filling up cars and writing receipts, i became humble and i've accepted the offer.

But in my mind am like "why am I getting a job this low ? Am I too desperate ? I've I gone to school and studied this hard just to get a job filling up other people's cars with petrol and diesel ? My friends who we went to school together, most of them have the right jobs, why is this happening ?"

Then in my silence and contemplating i remember the advice of being humble and i lower my rank and do what needs to be done to stand again, and being hopeful that God will rise me up to work on my career one day.

idkwhoiam322, Ruby G. and Mjo like this.
  7. Zakaria1 Honeycomb May 19, 2018

Zakaria1, May 19, 2018 :
    Never settle!!!

8. Martin70 Honeycomb May 20, 2018

buntycubal likes this.
  9. mentalwarrior Cupcake May 21, 2018

mentalwarrior, May 21, 2018 :
    I heard an advice, that I considered the best, a long while ago, when I was a student. One of sociology professors kept on repeating “What is normal? Never use this word as a reason to defend your opinion". At first it was hard to understand what it meant, but finally I managed to get the point.
    And here is what I think about that advice (since I was a student and till now): you can’t judge anything on anyone based on your opinion; normal is an abstract definition and if you think that you know the one normal way in which things and opinions should work, it doesn’t mean you’re right, moreover it doesn’t allow you to claim that someone is wrong. Because who knows what is normal and what is not.

binky and Ruby G. like this.
  10. buntycubal Lollipop Jun 11, 2018

buntycubal, Jun 11, 2018 :
    These r some advice given from my family & friends.... Marry someone who like different favorite cereal than yours so he won't eat all of yours , For 1$ u can buy a candy bar from a vending machine for 2$ you can buy a brick & get all the candy from the vending machine , don't lick the bowl , If our dog blink at u blink back , no cop no stop , never walk on ice with your hands in your pocket , whatever you do always give 100% unless you are donating blood , celebrate your birthday every year , don't give up on your dreams keep on sleeping , never run from the overweight cop he's more likely to shoot u then chase u , in case of fire exit the building before tweeting about it , try the Other parent , don't make snow Angels in the dog park , never test the depth of a river with both feet , eat it don't tweet it , don't make eye contact while eating a banana , don't drink & bike , always pee down a slope , If you feel alone watch a horror movie before going to bed u won’t feel alone anymore , If u can’t afford virtual reality headsets u can close ur eyes and imagine everything u want , When throwing out boxes of expensive items put them on ur neighbours drive so they get robbed instead , If u need a spoon and there isn't any then just use a fork and stick duct tape on it's face , This advice is given by @meatandy to me : Tomatoes can be deadly to horses....

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 11, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jun 11, 2018 :
    Lost it there :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::eek:

Zh_kilat, binky and Clotilde R. like this.
  12. Clotilde R. North America Team Staff Member Jun 12, 2018

buntycubal, binky and Ruby G. like this.
  13. Clotilde R. North America Team Staff Member Jun 12, 2018

buntycubal likes this.
  14. Clotilde R. North America Team Staff Member Jun 12, 2018

Clotilde R., Jun 12, 2018 :
    Just apologize, does not matter why and how haha :p

buntycubal and binky like this.
  15. binky KitKat Jun 13, 2018

binky, Jun 13, 2018 :
    If you show weakness you'll be ripped to shreds.

meatandy likes this.
  16. binky KitKat Jun 13, 2018

binky, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Never discuss politics or religion. A little tidbit from the Holy Roman Emperor.

meatandy, Ruby G. and buntycubal like this.
  17. Clotilde R. North America Team Staff Member Jun 14, 2018

Clotilde R., Jun 14, 2018 :
    LOL i don't want to meet the girls you are around :D

binky likes this.
  18. aryanx277 Cupcake Jun 14, 2018

aryanx277, Jun 14, 2018 :
    An online organization needs better that live chat agents can handle customers accurately. It is one of the finest ways by which goodwill can be increased correctly. Live chat is a tool that can work effectively for all the organizations. That is why it is vital to look for reliable agents that know different ways by which they can look after customers appropriately.

Certain things to be kept in mind before appointing live chat service provider-

• All the agents must know different ways by which they can handle chats in a right manner. It is their prime duty to be patient with the budding customers and listen to their problems properly.

Customer care outsourcing is preferred by n numbers of customers so agent should work round the clock. They should feel free to offer their services all the time.

Website chat service agent should try to provide accurate information to their customers so that they can build a strong bond with them.

• They should have proper command over language and must keep in mind that it is their duty to solve various problems and queries without taking much time.

Live Chat Services could be much better if agents perform their duty sincerely. They must keep in mind that they are representing the organization over chat. Moreover, they should try to manage various chats at a time, so as to get in touch with n numbers of customers at a time.

19. meatandy Nougat Jun 18, 2018

meatandy, Jun 18, 2018 :
    Sorry , I missed the tag and stumbled upon this thread searching for something else.:)

Zh_kilat and buntycubal like this.
  20. buntycubal Lollipop Jun 18, 2018

buntycubal, Jun 18, 2018 :
    ठीक है...

agoinfly, Zh_kilat and meatandy like this.