[Let's Talk] What's your experience with mobile gaming?

1. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Jul 26, 2018 :
    The rabbit is also my girlfriend's favourite, she can play with that thing for hours.

Absolutely eats batteries though.

2. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2018

theshinybeast , Jul 26, 2018 :
    That's what happens if it's banging away all day and night.

[​IMG] :rolleyes:

3. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2018

sabir.sayed , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Hey Gamers,

Well for me it's is important the mobile should handle some heavy games. As i remember there are still few games which i use to play in Plantium 4 (NFS Most Wanted) the first part. Would love to see if EA sports will port that for android. Because nowadays even GOW can be played on mobiles thru PSPP emulators. I like Telltales games then some strategy games and also the best game even which i find better then PUBG is VAIN GLORY.

I look for better battery plus hardcore gaming and camera if these 3 things ur phone cna do means u r holding a flagship killer.

So far i am not disappointed by my 5T in terms of gaming & battery (Camera i guess they are already working on it).

Lets wait for the best. :grin::grimacing::yum:

4. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 26, 2018

gaster , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Hey David. How are you doing my friend? I hope and I wish everything's fine for you.

Well, I always love to play in my mobile games like puzzle, dash, mysteries, racing and platform/adventures. I try to avoid the FPS games while I don't see so comfortable the controls for a game like the PUBG for example. The mobile phones reached a great level of graphics quality and overall game performance with high frames per second. I wish we ll have in the future some nice gadgets (already some exists but I mean even more practical) that will help us to have a completely great experience of the difficult controls games. That's all for me.

script, buntycubal and Dresa91 like this.
  5. Louioo
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2018

Louioo , Jul 26, 2018 :
    For me, I use mobile gaming as a 'time waster' whilst commuting on the train. So I am not really into those games that require time, dedication and constant online connection. I just need to kill the odd 10-20 minutes here and there.

However, I can see how important it is and given that everyone has one, it is certainly a market that is growing and becoming ever more influential. It's pretty much what the old Nintendo Gameboy/DS devices were.

Damonp87, Bouncer71 and buntycubal like this.
  6. rohitanand
    KitKat Jul 26, 2018

rohitanand , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Hey,

I've been playing games on my mobile regularly. I like variety of games like some simple small games say Mmm fingers, I'm Ping Pong King, 2048 etc to complex 3d like The Room Three, Asphalt, NFS. Mostly i like puzzles, adventure, arcade, racing, casual mini games.
    Have enjoyed playing these on my OnePlus One and now enjoying the recent games on my OnePlus 6. :)

Always loved playing COD, GTA on my laptop and has always avoided playing FPS shooting games on mobile because of lack of quality of content and controls mainly. But all this has changed with the launch of PUBG.
    For now, I'm hooked to PUBG and as expected OP6 is doing great in handling it. One of my regular PUBG friend has got a mid range smartphone and i've witnessed him cursing his phone now and then for random lags/freezing.... as there is no mercy in Pochinki. :D
    I must say Snapdragon 845 and 8GB of RAM on OP6 surely gives you an edge/mental satisfaction of not facing any such lag/stutter when you are in action.

Installed Asphalt 9 yesterday too... graphics are damn good but it has moves somewhat towards Fortnite (less realistic/funny). I'm a fan of real/raw representation. Hence, it will always be PUBG and never Fortnite... :D.

In future, I would love to see VR to grow and sort of waiting to play GTA, NFS, COD, PUBG in VR format.

Bouncer71, MANYA_1999 and Ruby G. like this.
  7. malidan
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2018

malidan , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Do you know MKBHD doesn't see the Nubia Red Magic or the Black Shark as real gaming phones?
    He reckons that the ROG is the second real Gaming phone, astounding $$$$$.:rolleyes:

Anyway :D

I only occasionally game on my device in recent times and I'm not to sure why that is.
    It may possibly be because of the football, cricket, F1 and the pleasant sunshine in the UK for a change.
    PUBG has been sitting in my phone for a month and I still haven't fired it up. I'm sure I will at some point, enjoy it and curse each time I get blasted.

buntycubal and pa5t1s like this.
  8. Moin2200
    KitKat Jul 26, 2018

Moin2200 , Jul 26, 2018 :
    It's fine I guess.
    It does really extend the time on the shitter.

But I have enjoyed the occasional pubg, waiting for fortenite.

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jul 26, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Hey...
    It is a true fact that mobile gaming has gained a lot of popularity lately. Let it be because of cult games like pokeman & PUBG or because of all time hits Subway Surfer & Candy Crush, the usage of mobiles for gaming has increased and its gonna see more uprising. Mobiles can easily replace portable gaming consoles and I would really want to see it increasing as that would drive mobile manufacturers to focus on heating and battery life ;).

Now coming to my experience. My journey started with fruit ninja on Sony Xperia Mini Pro. Man.. what a pleasure to play fruit ninja on a 3" display :D. At the same time I used to play Action adventure games like Prince of Persia, Tomb raider on Dekstop. But my mobile gaming had its own flavor. Short time game play and portability were the main advantages. Slowly with time the graphics have become better, performance has become smoother and the gaming library increased and the choice for games has increased (I am too choosy :p). I do not get time as earlier to sit at desktop for hours to play my favorite games. With mobile I can play on the go while traveling or during a break. Also thanks to the wireless gaming controllers, the experience has become better and comfortable for longer times.

Even though the display size of mobiles have increased to more than 6", they do not give the user experience as play station consoles or desktops. I prefer only playing puzzle, runner or racing games on mobile so that I can get done with in few minutes and also save my charge. Also with phone being the major means of communication these days, playing games on phones is never 100% immersive. Gaming modes are a step towards it. But having an ability to dock the phone to do gaming on large screen would be my dream come true. At present I felt the game play is not upto the level of desktop/console games as they are designed considering the ergonomics of the phone and its limitations.

To conclude, I would still love playing games on mobile and would continue to, but Desktop gaming will be my preference if given a choice/time.

Ruby G., Bouncer71 and buntycubal like this.
  10. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 26, 2018

meatandy , Jul 26, 2018 :
    My older kids played with those as well ....

Bouncer71, buntycubal and pa5t1s like this.
  11. ZaionZephyr
    Eclair Jul 26, 2018

ZaionZephyr , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Ever since the arrival of smartphones and even before with snake games in cell-phones. I am quite fond of gaming. In my free time, I mostly play games. My gaming range is of different variety and it changed quite alot with time.
    I especially like puzzles and mystery games.
    As the world is moving more toward mobile gaming, PC games are getting lost with time. But I think some games should be left on PC. As controls increase, on screen controlling becomes very difficult. However, it's a great blessing to always have some games in your pocket which you can play whenever you want.
    My gaming start in smartphone was 'Temple run 2', to break my uncle record after that moved on to 'Subway surfer' and played games of similar types. After getting bored of this genre started action and puzzles.'Monument valley' and 'Candy crush' are prime examples in puzzles and 'Respawnables' in action. I was head over heels for 'Respawnables' and played too much. Played adventure games too which included mystery like 'Limbo' and simple one like 'Swordigo'. 'Into the dead' and it's sequel are also very great. In racing, "Asphalt 8 , Raging thunder, NFS, Beach buggy blitz and my favourite in all these Riptide GP2". I like zombie games a lot 'Into the dead' as mentioned above and 'Zombie derby' type. 'Shadow fight 2 and 3' I played quite a lot too. Music games, 'Voez and Deemo' are a great treasure. I played them much but they are quite a toll on device as 'Voez' require WiFi so battery consumption high and 'Deemo' heavy on RAM and ROM like 'Asphalt 8 and Mortal combat etc'.
    The one game, I absolutely love is 'Alto's adventure'. It has been in my smartphone for about 3-4 years.
    Today, Alto's sequel, 'Alto's Odyssey' arrived on Android and I'll keep both on my device for as long as I can. As both are my all time favorite. The soothing music and relaxation it provide and the scenery are a great source of mind- relaxation.
    'Hungry Shark evolution' and 'Hungry Shark World' is also in my device though deleted 'Hungry Shark evolution' few days ago. But still playing 'Hungry Shark world'. Like 'Clash of Clans' keeping one game named 'Galaxy Control', not that appetizing to other but I like it quite much. Sadly! Never got a chance to play 'PUBG'. But seeing all your comments on 'PUBG' thinking of installing. 'Real football' is also a game, I played quite alot.
    PC gaming isn't my forte. I don't usually play PC games and the amount of games, I played on my PC can be counted on your fingers.
    As far as, what I would like in my device regarding gaming. One plus shortened my need quite a bit already. Dash charging help me re-charge quickly increasing my gaming time. Display already awesome. Gaming mode is a life saver, I usually lost a lot in games, if suddenly a call came and I'm in middle of some contest. That resolved a lot of my problem, compared to my old device. As far as the mobile gaming is concerned except AR and VR games. I am quite satisfied. The AR and VR games arrival right now isn't flourishing much due to lack of technology and still in baby-stage or development-stage games.
    I am quite fond of gaming, I busted my first smartphone RAM by installing 30 games at once. With growing up, my gaming fever lessened quite a lot but I don't think I'll ever stop playing games. And gaming is quite a great way to pass time. But getting hooked too much is a bit of a problem ( which I think can't be helped XD as the games are getting quite challenging).
    These days my gaming interest only lies in relaxation, soothing games. Like 'Let's twist , Alto's adventure etc'. As society flourish tension, fidgeting etc increasing. Leading to different disease and deaths. So, my point/opinion is games are a great way to get your mind off things. if playing relaxation games, a great way to forget your tension, let your body relax and feel you are in another world. Taking your mind of things. Maybe, this paragraph was a bit off-topic but I can say this my mobile gaming experience is Incredible.

Damonp87, Ruby G. and Bouncer71 like this.
  12. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 26, 2018

jlasensiofi , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Hello everyone and thanks @dsmonteiro. Well, my current experience with mobile games is almost nil. The only game I have installed is a Sudoku and I just start it.

For me, the mobile is not to play, it is a tool mainly. Tool that allows me to read my emails wherever I am, read news at any time, interact with social networks of which I am a user, use the calendar to not forget those important events, etc., and as a most essential part have a good camera that allows me the flexibility of taking pictures without having to carry a DSRL.

Someone could say that this is crazy, but every day there are more professionals who dedicate themselves to mobile photography, who do real marvels and my intention is to specialize as much as possible in that art. That is why I give extreme importance to the quality of the camera. It is an essential part and then comes to get my eye is able to see good compositions.

In my opinion, the games crush the phone, can overheat, consume battery and if all that happens, when you want to do something that I mentioned before, you may not have resources or battery.

I understand that young people use it for games, but the purpose of the phone is different for me. It is also true that I had games in his day, but some were too addictive and I made the decision not to spend my time with them.

Never Settle.

Damonp87, Ruby G. and script like this.
  13. funmunke
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2018

funmunke , Jul 26, 2018 :
    I played a mobile game once. It was the "Take a Hidden Photo" game. I lost when the cops caught up with me.

Bouncer71 and buntycubal like this.
  14. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Jul 26, 2018 :
    No, you don't understand - we have a rabbit that eats batteries. I get an electric shock every time I have to clean the damn cage out.

To answer the original question, I've been gaming for (damn) ~40 years now. I was that dude who always had the high score on Space Invaders & Asteroids in the local chip shop, and I've never really stopped since. Last year I bought myself a new pc for the first time in about 7 years, so now I'm catching up on all the stuff the old one was starting to struggle with.

In phone terms, when I went to Lineage on my OPO I dropped most of the games I had installed before, and pretty much the only one I play regularly now is Boom Beach. Got myself a FireHD10 in the Prime sale, so even that has been mostly relegated from the phone now except when I'm out & about.

15. ivanvasconcelos
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2018

16. Patrickim2147
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2018

Patrickim2147 , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Been playing Fate/GO since the start of this year everyday. And occasionally PUBG but it kills my battery way too fast so I uninstalled it. OnePlus 5 btw.

17. FranciscoCM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2018

FranciscoCM , Jul 26, 2018 :
    I don´t like the game in the smartphone.
    they are not for that
    experience and negative gameplay

18. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Jul 26, 2018 :
    I have best experience of gaming on my OnePlus 5t with no lags and smooth and fast pace games that I liked to play, which includes Apshalt X before now Apshalt 9 Legends, Nba Live, World Cricket Championship 2 and Shadowrun legends.

Very good graphics games, battery goes on normal, just takes off little on big games like Apshalt 9 and Shadownrun and cricket, while on others it's normal.

Overall Op5t very good in gaming experience and big screen it's totally worth it.

19. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 26, 2018

youbi , Jul 26, 2018 :
    I grew up loving video games, it was the early 90's and Sega mega drive (genesis in the US) was ruling, had great times during that age, because the way you play games with a game pad felt natural. Later the pc came and the warcraft, age or empires and such conquer my heart. :p Than the Uni years and had some good times on quake, Fifa and especially worms and warcraft 3 to play with my home mates. :D

But as i kept growing the time available to play get shorter and shorter. Ideally playing on the phone could be a way to use some free time to do it, but to be honest I rarely end up doing that vs just browsing or watching some media.

The main reason is the controls, I really hate the no physical buttons thing, I tried pubg to see what all the fuzz was about I got it uninstalled after 5 min, I just hated the all virtual buttons experience. It made me want to trow the phone against a wall. :p

The games I've played more on my phone was real racing (it wasn't great but was reasonable for a while), but haven't touch that in a ton of years. Recently the only games I bought and have on my phone is Monument Valey, and limbo. Both offer a good enough experience to be played with touch controls and are really nice. But I don't turn them on that often. :sweatsmile: Actually since I have the op6 I think I haven't opened them a single time yet.

In the end, maybe its just my interest for games that has died, or just the time that isn't enough for them. But the truth is that smartphones and gaming are definitely not my favorite combo.

Ruby G., jlasensiofi and script like this.
  20. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 26, 2018

script , Jul 26, 2018 :
    Exactly what i would write. I borrow your sentences. Tia

jlasensiofi and theshinybeast like this.