[Let’s Talk] Who do you see when you see yourself in the mirror?

1. N1533139125780
    Donut Aug 4, 2018

N1533139125780 , Aug 4, 2018 :
    I will be with you to fight this battle in life.

Mjo and TheRealGamer like this.
  2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Aug 4, 2018

Cheetosdust , Aug 4, 2018 :
    No no, thank you :)

I don't know if you read it already - or if reading it will help you - but there's a thread on these forums addressing mental health. A lot of great users sharing their stories. If you think it can help you, it's here.

3. L1533301702050
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2018

4. N1533139125780
    Donut Aug 5, 2018

N1533139125780 , Aug 5, 2018 :
    Thank you so much.

Life is a rollercoaster and drama for me. I feel like I am beauty and the beast. Beauty when I am normal, beast when I am in mania state. I face many triggers in life especially at my work as an auditor. After being diagnosed with bipolar, I started teaching piano as a full time tutor in a Convservatory and it really helps me to reduce the stress and I started doing things that I enjoy to help me recover.

5. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 5, 2018

johneebee , Aug 5, 2018 :
    What do I see when I look in the mirror? Well I see a work in progress...

I see the man I used to be. Someone who was first filled with lots of love and hope that eventually got all taken away from him. Someone who lied to his own friends about being happy, but not only that, who also lied to his own reflection making himself believe he was happy. Someone that did things he wished with all his heart he could go back to and do differently. I see someone who used to be amazingly insecure, both about his looks and about what he had to offer the world.

But then I also see the present me. Someone who is getting better, feeling happier with himself. Someone who actually realises how lucky he is to be where he is with the friends and family he has. Someone who is working towards having the job he dreams of having. I see someone who knows where he came from and how far he got and the pride that comes with that knowledge. I see how I physically am getting into the shape I desire and don’t feel bad about my own body anymore. I do still see so many imperfections, but I don’t let them take me down, they’re just a challenge for me to overcome and I’m actually excited on doing just that!

And often I also start daydreaming about my possible future. I see the man I am still striving to be. Someone who is surrounded by people he loves and has the possibility of doing what he loves. Someone who is helping people, healing them and making them feel better with themselves.

I see someone filled with happiness, love and hope and who is spreading it with others.

And then I see a man who had been staring way to long at himself and should really go about his day and be productive :p

buntycubal and Mjo like this.
  6. N1533139125780
    Donut Aug 5, 2018

N1533139125780 , Aug 5, 2018 :
    such well written reflection. We are all WIP. I hope you will be able to find love, hope and faith in this journey down together.

Mjo and johneebee like this.
  7. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 6, 2018

johneebee , Aug 6, 2018 :
    Thanks, appriciate it allot! I hope you also get to the place you want to be and be happy with yourself!

buntycubal and Mjo like this.
  8. OnePlus_Robot
    Donut Apr 20, 2019

9. U1544383321310
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

10. B1556641136702
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2019

B1556641136702 , Apr 30, 2019 :
    I see a stunned person with blown down eyes, long unmanaged hair and a loose body but with a never settle attitude!!!

11. ms.sudhi
    Honeycomb May 16, 2019

12. BellapukondaKiranvarma
    Eclair May 19, 2019

13. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Dec 18, 2019

buntycubal , Dec 18, 2019 :
    When i see myself looking into a mirror i see myself looking at the reflection from a facing mirror, then getting lost in the multitude of reflections of me standing looking at myself in the mirror & having my mind blown,then i see a girl, her twinkling eyes lock with mine, her lips break into a goofy grin,silky hair, wiggling her eyebrows & making funny faces.she looks bright, vegetarian & cheerful looking, maybe in pain (maybe her arms in pain because of biceps curls she had done yesterday evening in gym), & on other side, i see my raw self,there have been times where i've seen a bad tempered girl in that mirror, ashamed of looking in her own eyes, i'm a mess, voices in my head keeps saying 'hating me doesn’t make you look better',i'm just looking into a mirror (for the sake of this thread) & gonna say Bloody Mary’s name repeatedly until she appears as a ghost or witch behind me, then within the time that is equal to the duration of 9,192,631,770 cycles of radiation of transition between two energy levels of cesium 133,i saw myself shaking hands with Dumbledore, i've won the house cup,Ohh she is smiling at me now, i love her when she smiles:D

drl431 and Starcommander like this.
  14. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Apr 3, 2020 at 12:27 PM

YRJ , Apr 3, 2020 at 12:27 PM :
    Woah! What have I stumbled upon? I never expected that I would be on a tech forum reading such a thread and possibly even replying to this question!

Well, I guess that is exactly what sets this community apart, things happen when you least expect them.

In my opinion, we all at some point in our lives, look into the mirror, in an attempt to find answers to hard questions. Because if there is anything in this world that wouldn't lie to you it is yourself. I did it too. IIRC, it must have been about a year ago.

Also, I had heard a few rumours, so it would double up as fact check too.
    Screenshot_20200403-150212.jpg
    Sorry to disappoint but nothing like this ^^ happened

However, I did discover something.

It's funny talking about myself in the third person but trust me when I say this, I did not recognise my own reflection. I see a person who is completely different. One one side of the mirror is a person who I wanted to be and on the other is a person I had become.

I feel like an artist who has invested over 2 decades in creating the most beautiful painting. Filling the canvas with colours that would please the viewers. But the question troubles me, what would happen if I had chosen a different color? Maybe people wouldn't like it, but atleast I would be proud to have made a choice that makes me happy. Am I living a life of deceit?

I got no answer, but now, about a year later when I looked again, I see clearer.

I see a person who realises that has done things that he truly regret and as much as I want to fix everything, I know the hole in the fence will always be there.
    The journey hasn't been smooth and I'm certain it's not going to be a bed of roses either but I see a willingness to change, a desire to be more of 'me' and most importantly a person who wants to be happy and make others happy. I think the time has come when I finally am ready to redo the painting, bring the canvas to life and to make choices that I can be proud of :)

TL;DR
    Look yourself in the mirror, you might just find a lost version of yourself.
    Thanks for this amazingly written thought provoking thread @Cheetosdust

15. dev agarwal
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020 at 5:32 PM

dev agarwal , Apr 3, 2020 at 5:32 PM :
    WHEN I SAW MYSELF IN MY MIRROR,THEN I SAW THE MOST HELPFUL,INSPIRING,HARD WORKING FELLOW OF THIS BEAUTIFUL EYE CATCHING WORLD.