Let's Watch| Movies & Series Recommendations

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Let's watch.png
    Hey Guys,
    Hope everyone is safe and staying Home. During this Lockdown time, I have been Binge watching many series and movies on the OnePlus TV, that I kept in my watchlist from a very long time. If you are an avid Movie/Series viewer like me, you might be knowing how difficult it is to decide what to watch next :D.

So I thought why not help each other out by providing recommendations on Movies and Series and possibly discuss about what you liked and disliked, loop holes etc . This provides a chance to new bonding based on our Interests. The recommendations can be any genre, language, year of release provided you watched them in the last 6 months. If you feel that they are worth watching, let others know about them :)

Let's Share 5 good Movies and Series that you've watched recently. Also, don't forget to share it's availability on the OTT apps.

I will start with mine ;)

Movies:

1. Ratsasan (Tamil) - Sun Nxt... This is one of the best Indian psycho thriller movies I watched. Gripping screenplay and masterpiece bgm.
    2. Virus (Malayalam) - Prime Video.... Based on a real story happened in Kerala (Nippa Virus Attack)
    3. Triple Frontier - Netflix .... The most unpredictable movie I watched in recent times. Unconventional is the right word.
    4. Contagion - Prime Video... Did you know that the situation similar to the present Corona virus was depicted in this movie in 2011. Not the best movie but one time watch just to relate a movie to present life scenario.
    5. Parasite (Korean) - Prime Video.. I don't think I need to explain more about this. 2020's Oscar winner. Watch it without any expectations and open mind to like it.

Series:
    1. The Witcher - Netflix ... What can I say? "Hmmmm". Adventure Ride. It's funny but still sticks to the action adventure genre. Pity, one has to wait 2 more years for the next season :(
    2. Money Heist (Spanish) - Netflix... Watch the first 2 seasons only. Thank me later :p
    3. Asur (Hindi) - Voot ... Surely one of the best Indian crime thriller series. Voot came into limelight because of this one series. PS: You can opt for 14 day trial.
    4. Aam Aadmi Family (Hindi) - MX Player TV ... Cute, Lovely and Relatable.
    5. Westworld - Hotstar .... The only series that needs explanation videos from youtube to understand everything. But worth it.

Among many I watched recently, the above are few I could remember. You are always welcome to share more than 5 :cool:.

@dsmonteiro @camohan @YRJ @Hugeatom342 @arun047 @Suhaas97 @RohitTheDevil @Guru0277 @suveerupadhyay @ginzon @bhupengaitonde @RVGabru @mokaeswar @sbhmnaik @Bouncer71 @Starcommander @BobbyV8_ @Shivang Joshi
    Please share your recent watchlist :)

Update:
    Searching for a movie on each App has become my daily task these days and I just came across an App named "Just Watch". This App is a life saver for sure. Search with the movie/series name and it shows where it is streaming and redirects directly to the App. Thought of sharing this useful info :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020

iBharat, Louioo, BobbyV8_ and 9 others like this.
  2. Aarav Sahni
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Aarav Sahni , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Series:
    1) Special ops - based on true events of the 2001 parliament attack in Delhi... this series is a thriller and can help you pass your time easily. Available on hotstar vip and in different languages.

2) The family man:- another thriller series involving action and counter terrorism warfare . it's about the secret intelligence agencies prevailing in India and how they manage to bust a terror program. Available on Amazon prime video and in various languages.

3) Suits:- this serious is based on a law firm and the challenges they faced. comprising of 9 season ... every season arouses laughter as well as interest. Available on Netflix in different languages.

These are my personal favourites ^ and I suggest you should watch them.

MohanParmar and Venky61 like this.
  3. Aarav Sahni
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  4. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

RVGabru , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Super @Venky61!! thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience.

I would also suggest another malayalam movie Uyare and also a Tamil one Superdeluxe. For fun and entertainment watch Good news and for gripping performance watch Guilty.

Venky61 likes this.
  5. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2020

6. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 31, 2020

Dunnow , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Movies (contains some cliche ones)

Saving Private Ryan
    The Lord of the Rings (all of them)
    Mononoke Hime (please, do see it in Japanese + subs, no dub)
    The Pianist
    Captain Phillips

Series

The expanse
    Stargate Universe
    Breaking Bad
    Diamond no Ace (Also, anime, so, Japanese + subs)

7. Suhaas97
    Donut Mar 31, 2020

Suhaas97 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Thank you bro @Venky61 for mentioning the list of movies and series that you've watched.

One of the best series that i've watched in the last 6 months is 'The Last Ship', (available in Amazon Prime).
    There are 5 seasons, season 1 is pretty much will be the situation that we are in present day, the crew on-board the US Navy vessel sets off to find the cure for the viral pandemic that has wiped out most of the world's population. The rest of the seasons shows the post pandemic efforts of the world.
    For those who are into some serious action, adventure and tactics can watch this series. And also the series is directed by Michael Bay, who is famous for his action movies. I'm sure it won't make you bored 😉

Venky61 and RVGabru like this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 31, 2020

B_Wrath , Mar 31, 2020 :
    This! One of the best series I have seen! And you have to watch it in Japanese! Man!

kingslim and Venky61 like this.
  9. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    It's a nice thread to start with. We will find real good series or movie list to add to our watch list. Help each other to pass time in these difficult time.

Movies:-
    1. 1917 - Awesome movie but hard to find in OTT.
    2. Tumbbad (Prime)
    3. Once upon a time in Hollywood (Prime)
    4. Pet Sematary (Prime)
    5. Zombie Land Double Tap

Series:-
    1. Breaking Bad (Netflix)
    2. Dark (Netflix)
    3. The Last Ship (Prime)
    4. The Forgotten Army (Prime)
    5. Hanna

kingslim, Venky61 and RVGabru like this.
  10. mokaeswar
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

mokaeswar , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Thanks @Venky61 for this list.
    I am currently watching "The Big Bang Theory". I heard many times about this series, but never gave a thought until it came up on recommendation in Netflix. It's like a blend of Silicon Valley and FRIENDS. It had around 300 episodes and makes it perfect binge-watch this Quarantine time.

11. Dunnow

Dunnow , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I think this one is the best from the studio, I just don't get why Spirited Away is always first by so many people... not that is bad, but just "how and in what world is better than mononoke hime?

kingslim, Venky61 and B_Wrath like this.
  12. Dunnow

Dunnow , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Particularly the first 2 seasons

13. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I watched Family man and I liked it except for the ending. Hope it makes sense in season 2.
    I heard that Special Ops is very similar to Family Man and that's the reason I did not start yet. Should I?
    I have seen couple of episodes of suits but lost in translations :D May be I will start soon again.

Ha Ha... Thanks to all the suggestions... I was about to write for the people who are bored it will be useful, but I thought that the ones burdened with Work from home will be offended :p

Uyare is in my Watchlist too... need to make up ambience for it as it's a serious one. Remaining 3 I have watched and Guilty stands tall out of them.

Hey,
    Yes I saw the thread. As it's for everything, I thought a dedicated one for just media would be easier to dive in :)
    And I stopped at SW7. Are they still coming :p

Thanks for the suggestions :)
    One wouldn't believe that I still yet to watch Saving Private Ryan... High time I do :-/
    The Expanse looks like something I can try :D

One of my friend had very similar description for this series.... I am done with pandemic movies already, time to watch a series now :)
    Thanks for the suggestion man.

It's a movie or a series? I can see only a movie :eek:

Glad you find the lists useful :)
    Is pet sematary scary? It's been so long that I watched a good horror movie. Would want to try if it's worth.
    Double tap was super fun.. Loved it.

It is indeed Binge Watch Worthy :D Who's your fav character till now?

Aarav Sahni, YRJ and RVGabru like this.
  14. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  15. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 31, 2020

BobbyV8_ , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Hey @Venky61 Ratsasan is done. I recommend

Prime videos:-
    Vampire diaries
    The originals
    Supernatural
    The Magicians
    Jack Ryan
    The Forgotten Army
    Manifest
    Young Sheldon

Hotstar:-
    Hostages
    Special Ops

Zee5:-
    Operation Parindey
    The verdict
    Code M
    MOM
    The Accidental Prime Minister
    Barot House

I just subscribed to Netflix and can't recommend something yet

Venky61 likes this.
  16. mokaeswar
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 31, 2020

B_Wrath , Mar 31, 2020 :
    My bad. It's a movie. I have been watching so much series during this lockdown, I got confused:sweatsmile:

18. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Ok... will add to my list :)

You like magic I presume :p
    Young Sheldon am still in Season 2 start. Need to speed up.
    Code M i heard about it... Will try :)
    You can try watching the movies/series I recommended on Netflix.

BobbyV8_ likes this.
  19. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    He gets his chance, you will too ;)

Ha ha ok... Will watch that... The only issue with watching Anime movies= Wife Sleeping time... Very less buffer period available :D

20. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 31, 2020

B_Wrath , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Same here:p

Venky61 likes this.