Let's Wear OnePlus-Design A Coach Jacket Together

1. MaiBeret
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2020

MaiBeret , Jun 15, 2020 :
    I love the concept you went with this design!! <3 Everyone's names defining the logos as a whole. That definitely defines the community!

I love the word you came up! ONEPLUSERS. It really works with the theme of this contest!

My gosh there's so many great entries. NGTL, I'd buy and wear almost all of these designs if they were made! <3 :D

2. fragargon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2020

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  3. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Thanks mai!

buntycubal, G_plusone and MaiBeret like this.
  4. SeanPlus
    Honeycomb Jun 15, 2020

SeanPlus , Jun 15, 2020 :
    UPLOADED!

seanplus_jacket-front_scatter.png

I feel that the plus-sign (+) in the OnePlus logo can be used as an effectual symbol for conveying the message 'We and OnePlus'. When people unite, collectively take on challenges, incredible things can happen.

The pattern I created represents the community. Like puzzle pieces forming a picture, each plus-sign is a member. Although there is distance between each of us, we remain a strong network. To me, the pattern is very reminiscent of chain-mail.

I worked with a selection of colours from the OnePlus palette, but decided not to use white, 15% and 5% greys because there was not enough contrast between them and the lavender and other available greys.

Whilst the multicoloured variant I used in my entry can easily be swapped out for one of the other tiles, the scattered mix of colours was my favourite. Not only is it interesting to the eye, but in a way it symbolises the mix of people and cultures in our community without making an obvious statement about ethnicity or gender.

One other idea, which was impossible to effectively reproduce with Paint (the program I used to make my entry), was the use of different reflective surfaces. The plus-signs could be glossy, whilst the background is matt. This would look very striking when using two of the same colour, such as glossy black on matt black.

The OnePlus logo features on the collar, but could be lowered onto the main section of the back. To make it stand out it would need to be backed with a black 'notch' that would extend downward from the collar.

If the coach jacket can be 'reversible', another colour could be used to give wearers a second choice. If not, I would still like to see another tile used for the lining - maybe the 'polka plus' that you see at the bottom of the tiles.

Also on the inside of the jacket, I think it would be a nice touch to include a positive message from OnePlus; something along the lines of "we support your passions and goals" or "turn your voice up." This would be located near an inside pocket where it would be visible to the wearer.

Question:
    If you could have the same design in a different colour, which one would you select from the tiles above, e.g. D2: 30% + 60% grey, or E6: red + lavender.
    Alternatively, would you prefer having a solid colour (black or red?) with glossy plus-signs on matt?

Please note that the coloured tiles will look different (less harsh) when printed, compared to looking at them on a lit screen.

I hope you like my submission. :D

seanplus-jacket-back_scatter.png seanplus-jacket-sleeve_scatter.png

P.S. This is one of a number of designs I submitted.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020

5. ArqGoal
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

ArqGoal , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hey guys,
    here is my design!
    A special tribute to all community members!
    Hope you like it!

frente_low.png lateral_low.png tras_low.png

6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Thanks Mai
    I actually wanted to have colour in the design especially for ONEPLUSERS
    OnePlus Red for ONEPL, Teal for ERS
    US in White but decided to go with Monochrome :p

7. Nash330
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

Nash330 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Ah at least im not the only one. Good luck!!

eddyros likes this.
  8. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jun 16, 2020

Overzee , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I just saw that the registration has closed and now the wait is for the top 8 to be announced on June 20th. Good luck to everyone who participated; may the best designs win! I can't wait to find out! :cool: :p

9. QASSIM.G
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

QASSIM.G , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    June 25th

Overzee likes this.
  10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 16, 2020

YRJ , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Awww! This is sooo sweet. I'm happy to see my username included (eventhough it's in lower case :rolleyes: )
    Love the concept and the idea :)

MosheG1, buntycubal and Batman360 like this.
  11. YRJ

YRJ , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Dammit! Missed it. Totally forgot that the deadline was 15. Wish it could be extended but I guess that's not possible or is it, @Trista W. ?

Anyways, looking forward to the selected designs all the best everyone :)

MosheG1, puccellino, MaiBeret and 4 others like this.
  12. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 16, 2020 :

Ayeeeee, just saw this. Sooo perfect 😍🔥
    Thanks for adding me too, you made Batman really happy 🙈🤗

MosheG1, MaiBeret, YRJ and 1 other person like this.
  13. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jun 16, 2020

Overzee , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Thats too bad @YRJ, at least you can perform as a neutral judge when the top-8 is presented ;)

MaiBeret, YRJ and Batman360 like this.
  14. YRJ

YRJ , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Hehe! I can only vote like others but you can be sure that I will cast my valuable vote to the most deserving only :cool: ;)

15. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 16, 2020

camohan , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Thanks. You're welcome !
    That's so sweet...Thanks.
    Thank you, almost identical thoughts.

You did great !!

Yes, it does look nice. Sometimes going beyond usual can help.

Thanks for having me in ur jacket @camohan[/QUOTE]
    You're welcome.

Thanks. Oops messed up on the case.

Thanks. Reminds me of Mogambo khush hua.

16. Cakepips
    Froyo Jun 16, 2020

Cakepips , Jun 16, 2020 :
    And now we wait... best of luck to all who have entered! 💕
    See you all on the 20th June for the final 8 announcement... (Not going to lie... I'm rather nervous! 😬)

buntycubal, MaiBeret and Overzee like this.
  17. PankajS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2020

PankajS , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Very nice presentation, and design Chandu.. Would loved to get one on these.

MaiBeret and Harichand_Raghavan like this.
  18. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2020

19. MaiBeret
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2020

Batman360, Liehjan, MosheG1 and 2 others like this.