LG G3 or Oneplus One

1. Impressions
    Froyo Jul 16, 2014

Impressions , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Technology wise the g3 is more upto date with better screen technology, also comparisons have been done and photography results show the g3 outperform the one plus. Finally the g3 allows for double tap lock when you tap anywhere inside the home screen (not unlock) no risk of quality control and customer support, and thinner bezels all around. Led notification light has more colors than just white.

For more just YouTube reviews

2. mazdarati2
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

mazdarati2 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    No, I want the best camera and it lacks a decent notification LED

3. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2014

NaterTots , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Yeah it comes down to cost and preference.

I have a hard time paying $550-650 for a phone. But that's just me.
    The bezel and screen on the G3 are really nice.

4. karawai
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2014

karawai , Jul 16, 2014 :
    If you don't care about the price, LG G3 is a really great device !

5. mazdarati2
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

mazdarati2 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    What do you mean?

6. j0n3s
    Donut Jul 16, 2014

j0n3s , Jul 16, 2014 :
    G3 Off course if money is not an issue..
    OPO- 350?? if u get an invite. " If you don't? try put your life on the line and check how much the phone cost"

7. nigelhealy
    KitKat Jul 16, 2014

GallantJR likes this.
  8. Viole
    Donut Jul 16, 2014

9. pi3point142

pi3point142 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Prefer the 64GB on OPO, personally dislike sd-cards.
    But the removable battery and smaller size is def a plus for the LG3. And the LG3 was very nice, I tested one, Can't say the same for the OPO, only seen pics and reviews.

10. shcxatter2

11. savx
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

savx , Jul 16, 2014 :
    If I well understood your question, you're asking which one we prefer if they were sold at the same price.
    Strictly speaking about the specs of these two phones, LG G3 is a great phone because it features: laser autofocus which is the fastest focus ever; QHD display, someone says it useless, someone appreciate it...I don't know but since it doesn't affect the battery life, I think that it's a positive feature; very thin edges; cute customization of the ROM by LG; removable battery. On the other hand someone says that G3 could suffer of sudden shut down and, according my experience with LG 2x, LG is not so quick releasing ROM updates.
    The OPO instead has the speakers at the bottom and not on the back; very customizable ROM; nice back-cover; top level hardware. On the other hand it could have the yellow tint and some crash of the OS.
    Now, if the price is not of your concern, you should consider all these things to choose your phone but, if you consider the price, OPO have definitely no competitors at all.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

mazdarati2 likes this.
  12. Thijsvr
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

Thijsvr , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I actually had the LG G3 for a while. You can read about my experiences here:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/lg-g3-closer-look-at-display.50618/

I decided against buying it. It runs very hot very quickly. Also battery life didn't turn out to be so great. Also and that's the most important thing; it just didn't feel special enough. Sure, it's a solid device, but it just doesn't give you that special feeling I feel you should get from a 600 euro device. The M8 does a much, much better job in that department.

So yesterday I ordered the OnePlus One. I've never seen the device in real life yet, but I've been looking forward to it for many months. The reviews tell me that I should be in for something special, and if the box it comes in is anything to go by, I think they're right.

I could make this a very long write-up where I go into great detail, but this is basically what it comes down to. The LG G3 is another forgettable device. You won't hate it, but I'm sure you'll never love it. Just like the S5. The HTC One (M8) is a device that makes you feel special, it has this nice heft to it, the material just feels great, but in my experience the back is prone to scratching and that camera is somewhat of a turn-off.

If I had to choose anything else than the OnePlus One I'd go for a Nexus 5 or a One (M8). The Nexus 5 is just a practical device, the One (M8) is borderlining on jewellry. The OnePlus One is somewhere in between I think.

3's&7's likes this.
  13. hoongann
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

14. DrSuSE
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

DrSuSE , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I have both. Well, technically I have the OnePlus One and my wife has the LG G3. Either way, lol.

My device is faster/more fluid and more customizable. I was easily able to unlock, install custom recovery, and root my device. Within moments I now have my device doing everything I want and setup the way I want.

The G3 is great but not quite as snappy but the laser auto focus is awesome.

For me...

One: Better tech/tinker/enthusiast level of interaction. Better speakers (I really prefer the bottom facing, where the G3 speaker is on the back). 64GB is, for me, better than 32GB+SDCard.

G3: Better auto focus, better image stabilization. Slightly shorter.

By and large, the devices are really pretty similar in my opinion. If I wanted to swap, I would do so... but I would still choose the OnePlus One over the G3.

Good luck making your own decision.

epps720 and mazdarati2 like this.
  15. Darckengel666
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

Darckengel666 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    CM and all forked custom roms are available for G3 ...

16. nigelhealy
    KitKat Jul 16, 2014

nigelhealy , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Tested?

17. gamayun
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

gamayun , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Just few days ago bestbuy was offering G3 with a 2-year commitment for $49 (via gc deal), but I thought I could a better deal. Additionally, LG is about to released an updated version of G3 for Korean market, so I decided to wait and see.

18. j0n3s
    Donut Jul 16, 2014

j0n3s , Jul 16, 2014 :
    GUYS Make it clear.. OPO price at $300 - $350 if you get your invites...
    IF you don't. you can't even buy it with your live.
    So which is more pricey ??
    By the time you get an invites. this phone is being outrun by other company..

19. siddi24

siddi24 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I would go with G3 if they can promise to keep up with the latest android version. It's backed by big company, which has proven that it can deliver a good product (G2). Support doesn't seem to be an issue.

Atleast in US, if something goes wrong with G3, I can give it back to them, and they will replace for free.

20. Sushsich
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

Sushsich , Jul 16, 2014 :
    lol...