For this price, which would you buy?

1. OnePlus 2

35.4%
  2. LG G4

64.6%
  1. acomp182
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

acomp182 , Aug 27, 2015 :
    The g4 has removable battery and micro SD card slot. If there is enough dev support for aosp roms and cm, its a winner.

2. malidan
    Nougat Aug 27, 2015

malidan , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I think you mean that the other way round.
    OP can only sell buy making sub par devices and selling them cheap.
    This is the second device they have produced and the second that is a train wreck.
    As for the G4, there have been numerous reputable retailers in the UK sellinreadg it within $40 of the cost of a OP2 making it a bargain in comparison to the OP2.
    For me there would be no logical reason to buy the OP2 over the G4, other than to sell i on at a profit. And with the thing being so unreliable I wouldn't want to sell it on for the grief that may follow.

Whoisme and ilovesoneplus like this.
  3. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 27, 2015

riffraff81 , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Well at this point you have inserted your personal opinion into the mix. What about those who don't view the op1 or op2 as "train wrecks" and have had a great experience with their device? I suppose these people don't exist. We'll just forget that the op1 was considered one of the best devices last year byreputable sources and that the op2 is already getting good reviews.

You don't like oneplus devices. That's fine man. Just don't act like your opinion and experience is everyone else's.

4. ah_heng
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

ah_heng , Aug 27, 2015 :

I don't think so! I think OP is treating their customer like a 3rd World migrants trying to swim the channel and get into a country. Those guards on the border are trying to give out "passes" and only those who got it can safely cross to a country call GREECE!

For the customer my foot!

5. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 27, 2015

1. No one is forcing them to sell through carriers. With the resources they have they could do the online selling thing much more effective while not have to charge $700 for their device.

Who are all these companies that are doing what oneplus is doing who are viable outside of China?

No company wants to lose money period, but not doing well in mobile doesn't mean the company can't turn a profit overall since they have other sources of revenue. LG could completely drop out of the mobile arena and be fine. Oneplus can't do that.

I think I have a new tag line

#DontBelieveTheHate

6. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 27, 2015

Sorry bro, they just don't have the resources to sell their product on the same level of the big guys. If they did sell like that, you'd be paying way more than $389.

7. ah_heng
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

ah_heng , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I can agree with this when they launch their OPO...

This is the 2nd round they are doing this and they know it very well what's coming! Don't tell me even until OP 10 (if they ever survive till the 10th phones) they will keep on letting their customers BEG for invites??

8. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

NaterTots , Aug 27, 2015 :
    You humor me. ;) you really do.

There is nextbit, Obi Worldphone was just announced, WileyFox, among many many others.

The selling through carriers thing is how Samsung and Apple are so large. People can actually touch a phone before buying it. Many don't know what phones are out there unless they go to a carrier store.

Enjoy your Op2.

I love my Opo. I just don't like the Op2.

I must be the only hater that bought 3 Opo's last year. ;)

I'm just not a blinded Fanboy/Girl.

Maybe the Op3 will be worth buying in my eyes.

Have a wonderful Afternoon. :)

9. Fonetix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2015

Fonetix , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Ironic thing is, the OPO was kinda modeled after the Nexus. And the Nexus 4 and 5 were made by LG!

10. Juiceman

Juiceman , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Bought the G4, which is actually cheaper than the Oneplus 2 if you buy it for your business and get the VAT back. :D
    Also you have a great costumer support and a camera that shoots amazing night pictures. I also like that leather back. :rolleyes:

NaterTots likes this.
  11. bigjohnsta
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

bigjohnsta , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Why don't you take a gander at my thread.... appears that "nobody" is replying to it. Wait... it's in fact the exact opposite. Numerous people getting buttfu***d by OnePlus when it comes to RMA's.

Just spreading the word my friend. Come crawling back to the forums when the same thing happens to you.

12. Sunny
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

13. allstar7610
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

allstar7610 , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I do think they'll continue to make phones longer than we think they will because of who they have ties with. I have the opo, it had it's problems that o could have griped with, but the ends justified the means. Now if they handled customer service like Axon is doing with their phone, people would he singing a different tune.

The last 4 out of 5 phones I've purchased have either been made by one plus or lg. This isn't a bad deal at all, but that memory is an issue on the g4 compared to the oneplus 2. If you don't get what I'm saying, in order to get the write speed that is similar to your internal hard drive, you can't go out and just buy any SD card.

14. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Aug 27, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Aug 27, 2015 :
    maybe you know something I don't but from what I know, lg never starts as high as Samsung. lg usually starts their prices between 550 and 600. Samsung is usually between 600 and 700 depending on "s" or "note" phone

blujadajhdja likes this.
  15. blujadajhdja

blujadajhdja , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Must've been an inflated G3 price I was looking at then.

16. Leon69

17. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Aug 27, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I will admit that the g3 had a much nicer design (outside/physical) compared to their 2 previous efforts (opt. g/G2) so they might have been testing the waters. also their flagship jumped to 5.5 2k screen (they were the first to jump on that) so they probably did try and start out higher.

I just might not have been paying attention when the g3 started out being sold.

all I know is the g2 and g4 were not as expensive as Samsung's offerings at those particular times

blujadajhdja likes this.
  18. parsa5
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

parsa5 , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Oneplus is working for the consumer with notoriously bad customer service? What an oxymoron. ;)

19. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Aug 27, 2015

20. John j
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

John j , Aug 27, 2015 :
    It looks like the opo.