Poll closed Aug 8, 2015.
  1. Op2

54.3%
  2. Lg g4

45.7%
  1. SachinA
    Donut Aug 1, 2015

SachinA , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Your choice nfc why? And 64 gb not enough?...

2. fahimnycusa
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

fahimnycusa , Aug 1, 2015 :
    T-Mobile bloat? No thank you

3. bp328i
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2015

bp328i , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Um....It had like four apps from T-mobile, all that I froze. T-Mobile does not add much bloat at all.

4. Versed
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

Versed , Aug 1, 2015 :
    You can also add, LG Support if needed.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  5. Versed
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

Versed , Aug 1, 2015 :
    If heard of unlocking issues (sim) even if you get the simcode, it blanks out the dial pad so you can't enter the number. Thats unless you get the code from TMO direct which could take a few weeks or month.

6. bp328i

bp328i , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I've had T-Mobile for awhile now so they gave me the code on my first call. I also bought the phone in full.

Versed likes this.
  7. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

ilovesoneplus , Aug 1, 2015 :
    64gb enough 4 me,the removable battery,fast charging & awsome camera were more of the factors for me & the fact that i got it 4 £295 new..

8. i999y
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2015

9. bp328i

bp328i , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Can't forget about the SdCard slot....

10. bp328i

11. bp328i

bp328i , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Man, all the threads about ANY phone being better than the OPT are being moved so no one sees them....

12. TrevinD
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

13. powerXtreme
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

powerXtreme , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I prefer the OnePlus 2. And here's why and what I don't like about the G4...

For starters, I don't like how the G4 feels in hand. The plastic back feels quite cheap and I don't like its pattern. Ironically, the leather variant imo feels even worse. Everyone is hyping it up, but the leather on the back of the G4 is so thin that you can barely feel it and most of the leather options look fake. That was my biggest disappointment when I picked up the G4. The OP2 looks much better even on video. I know it will feel good.

Then there is the size factor. It's just too wide for my taste, which makes handling it so-so. The OP2 next to it looks narrower and more along the lines of what I'd want.

Then there are the back buttons on the G4. I guess those are made for Korean hands (no offense), because my fingers are too big for them and I almost always miss them. They're placement isn't ideal either. Not to mention how hard it's to press them. I tried getting used to them, but just can't. I know they've become iconic for LG, but imo it's more of an experiment and nothing really practical. If it was more practical, everyone else would follow suit and demand it. It's very hit and miss.

Then there is the screen. It's supposedly QHD on paper, but in reality it looks like 1080p. I've looked at it next to 3 other QHD devices and all of them were sharper than the LG. The G4 screen isn't blurry, rather... cloudy/ghostly.

Then there is performance. The G4 can perform in daily usage pretty well and I'm sure for many users it will suffice. But when I put it next to S6 and started opening apps and then going through them, thee G4 was substantially slower. Swiping on the S6 felt much smoother. Sure, S6 has TouchWiz bloatware (and LG has some of its own too), but the difference was there and striking - even if the S6 starts slowing down over time. Knowing the OP2 is more powerful and faster than the G4, the overall experience and performance should be much smoother and closer to the S6 - partially also because the almost stock Android OS.

And since I mentioned the LG UI, I don't really like how it looks. The S6 isn't anything special either, but it does give a better impression as a whole. And seeing what Oxygen OS looks so far on the OP2, it's much closer to what I want. I want something elegant, minimalistic and clean. I also like it plays with black and white. Plus there's no bloatware as mentioned above and I believe the OnePlus team will improve the system even further.

Then there is the fact LG G4 has no capacitive buttons. I got really used to them and since the OP2 offers them, along with on-screen ones which I find amazing, it will be much easier for me to use than the G4. Plus I like the fact that I can actually choose between them, which afaik no other phone offers outside the box. Not to mention the on-screen ones cover a portion of the screen and hide content.

The G4 also doesn't have a fingerprint sensor and only 32GB of storage. MicroSD is nice, but I want and expect in 2015 64GB of internal storage to be a standard. Internal storage will always be better. SD cards I use for backup or for files I usually use once and delete - for eg. a movie/show, etc. The more internal storage I have, mainly for apps, the better. Ideal scenario = 64GB internal & 32GB+ MicroSD.

Then there's the audio quality. Audio on the G4 is average. Not sure what chip they're using, but compared to the S6 it's horrible. I need at least decent audio when I'm recording either it or video. OPO seemed to be good and the OP2 seems to be as well. Or at least better than the G4.

Finally, there's the camera quality. G4 can take some nice pictures, although it's sometimes a hit and miss, but it's videos are unusable. The OIS 2.0 just ruins it. Recordings wobble like jelly and the audio is average and sometimes focusing in the video takes forever. For pictures it's one of the best, no arguing about that, but not consistent. OP2 has laser AF and OIS as well. It may have only f2.0 instead of f1.8 and 13MP instead of 16MP, but these are just numbers that say nothing about real world performance. G4 pictures, when I look at them, I can tell it's a phone. Same for S6. Both perform well, but both have overexposed pictures at times (especially in low light) and still a lot of noise. Plus their bokeh and colors aren't always perfect. The OP2 probably will be as consistent as the G4 (sometimes a miss) and not as much as the S6, but when I look at all of the samples the OP2 looks more appealing, believable and natural. OP2 pictures look like a DSLR. S6 doesn't by a long shot and G4 so-so and only sometimes. And the reason for that I think is the new Omnivision sensor in the OP2. It's simply the best (google it). You might argue that the G4 has full manual controls and RAW and the OP2 does not. But that's something that will change within 8 weeks and then OP2 will become truly the best. Plus Burst Mode. The G4 burst mode is a joke compared to the S6 and even to my S3. Very slow. OP2 burst mode seems closer to what one would expect. To sum up, the camera is quite important for me and I think the OP2 will deliver.

And last but not least, there's the price. G4 is much more expensive - at least here in CEE. Don't see a reason why I should pay more for something not really better and if not for my use worse.

So yeah. That's why I decided to pass on the LG G4.

I doubt anyone will read this LOL, but if you did... thumbs up.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

SachinA likes this.
  14. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

ilovesoneplus , Aug 1, 2015 :
    You are right on one thing & that is i never read #2long..

15. powerXtreme
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  16. Jebus86
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2015

17. shuj420
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

shuj420 , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Hi,

I have come across an LG G4 32GB Metallic Grey for £270 locked to O2 but can unlock for a fee. I have seen the pictures & looks perfect! But I also want the OP2 but unsure which one to buy, so which one guys? In a bit of dilemma lol, any help ?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015

Lele83 likes this.
  18. _XVII_
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

_XVII_ , Aug 3, 2015 :
    I'm in the same boat, if i get an invite in decent time i will go for the opt, otherwise the g4 seems a nice phone...

oshiwoshi likes this.
  19. mopsert
    KitKat Aug 3, 2015

mopsert , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Both! :D
    I bought an G4 already and am still waiting for an invite for the OPT...

20. Pureimerks
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

Pureimerks , Aug 3, 2015 :
    270 whaaaat?! Where from???