LG Watch R

1. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

AbandonedTrolley , Nov 11, 2014 :
    Picked this up from Amazon and it arrived on Saturday.

Taken some getting used to due to the size, I previously wore plain dress watches and nothing too big on my wrist, but it's not so big to be reminded about it all the time.

I've still got the Asus Zen Watch on preorder too, so will make a decision once that arrives as to which one to keep.

Battery life seems pretty good even with my constant playing with it, it's getting through a day with about 30-35% left, so I can easily see this watch managing two days of normal use. The circular screen is sometimes a pain when cards haven't been designed with this in mind which is why I'm swaying towards probably keeping to the Zen instead. Everything feels pretty good though, the voice commands work well and I've found myself using my watch to set the timer for cooking rather than the one on the over. It's easy to just tap and say "set timer for thirty minutes"

I've also noticed a bug in the watch faces when they count steps that they are nowhere near what Google Fit says the steps for the day are, so somethings not quite right there.

IMG20141108132715.jpg
    IMG20141108132745.jpg
    IMG20141108143817.jpg

2. chanjongjung
    Donut Nov 11, 2014

chanjongjung , Nov 11, 2014 :
    Nice, I want to get a smartwatch too, but with my empty pockets, more likely in the future when the costs will drop

3. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

AbandonedTrolley , Nov 11, 2014 :
    Yeah they aren't cheap at the moment LG was £225 so almost the price of the OnePlus, but I like it so far so I feel it was a decent purchase. The Zen is slightly cheaper and I've preordered at £165 but I have to say that I prefer that design as well, so I can see the LG getting sold or given to a friend.

4. onemodog
    Froyo Feb 4, 2015

onemodog , Feb 4, 2015 :
    Any further thoughts now that you have had the watch for a couple of months? Which one did you keep? Why?
    Thinking about getting myself a watch in the next couple of weeks and starting the research process.
    Thank you for your time.

5. B4kken
    Lollipop Feb 4, 2015