Life of a Student with the OnePlus 7 Pro: Part 2-Hardware

1. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Student Hardware Header.png

Hey everyone! It’s Schafer (@Schafer), Eunes (@Eunes), and Alex (@alexhpeterson) back again to talk to you all about why the OnePlus 7 Pro is a great purchase for college students, and how you can use it to make your college experience smoother. If you missed part 1 about software, you can catch up here. Today we will be talking about the new hardware of the 7 Pro with the Screen, Battery/Warp 30, Storage/RAM, and Triple Camera setup. Each of these features come together in the OnePlus 7 Pro for a smooth user experience.

Screen
    The new screen on the OnePlus 7 Pro is a 6.67 inch Fluid AMOLED display with 1440p resolution and 90Hz refresh rate. While the size might be cumbersome for some people there is no denying that media consumed using the 7 Pro is crisp and easily viewable. Combined with reading mode (see our previous post on software) the screen is almost comparable to an E-reader while viewing documents or books if you need to study on the go. The larger screen also improves watching videos and gaming. As a student, sometimes documents need to be edited on the fly, so having a larger screen for better viewing means it is easier than ever to make those critical edits. A more in-depth review of the screen posted by @Ruby G. can be found here.

While people often get excited about a super bright screen (which the OnePlus 7 Pro does have), another one of our favorite features is night mode and how the 7 Pro becomes one of the dimmest screen phones on the market. This is perfect when you're laying in bed at night scrolling on social media, or you wake up in the middle of the night and check your phone because it's much easier on your eyes than other phones we've tested. That way, you can keep your eyes healthy while still being able to use your phone at any time of night!

Battery and Warp30
    The OnePlus 7 Pro boasts a 4000mAh battery and is capable of being charged from zero to fifty percent in only twenty minutes through Warp30. This means you never have to worry about your phone dying on you, no matter the situation. Wake up realizing you have 8% battery left, and the phone can be back above 50% by the time you’re done getting ready to leave for class. The battery lasts all day, and Warp30 will rapidly get back up to 100% so it can last all night too. All three of us use our phones differently, and our screen on times range from four hours of heavy use to 9 hours on lighter use. And if you want to make your battery last even longer, check out the thread by @AbhishekS287 here.

Storage/RAM
    The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with the option of having 128GB or 256GB of storage. This allows for an offline library of PowerPoints, word docs, and notes all local to your phone. The large amount of storage relieves the stress of not being able to save photos or music. Along with the storage, the 7 Pro has options for 6, 8, or 12 GB of RAM, so you don’t need to worry about your phone being able to run multiple apps at the same time or more memory heavy features. All three of these memory options coupled with the screen and software offer a snappy user experience for college students.

Triple Camera
    One of the biggest hardware upgrades with the OnePlus 7 Pro is the triple camera setup. The ultra-wide angle, triple zoom, and main sensor all help improve the life of a student. Stuck at the back of a 300 person lecture hall? The 3x lens will make it easier to get a readable picture of the professor’s notes. Are there three boards worth of information with not enough time to write it all down? Use the ultra-wide angle lens to quickly get all the information you need. The main camera is a 48-megapixel sensor, offering crisp images so you never miss a quality shot.

Student Discount
    For most students, money can be tight. Luckily, OnePlus offers a student discount! Students get 10% off accessory or gear purchases, and 5% off a device purchase, so you can get your 7 Pro paired with a slick case without breaking the bank. Check it out here.

With all these upgraded hardware features, the OnePlus 7 Pro has made our college experiences even smoother, and we’re sure it will for you too. Are you a student considering the OnePlus 7 Pro, or do you have one already? Let us know your favorite feature and your thoughts in the thread below!

2. Y1537540350852 Froyo Jun 27, 2019

Y1537540350852, Jun 27, 2019 :
    when this student program is going t o launch in India since I'm a college student and need this device as a daily driver.actually I'm OnePlus 6.

3. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Let me look into that

4. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

5. kushaltrivedi54 Donut Jun 27, 2019

W1541683950611 likes this.
  6. jinsoku3g Froyo Jun 27, 2019

7. Y1537540350852 Froyo Jun 27, 2019

Y1537540350852, Jun 27, 2019 :
    hello everyone I'm sumit. I'm a engineering college student and I got my OnePlus 6 before the starting of my 1st year.. because I knew I need a Device that can handle daily rush of college life .I leave home for College at 6.30am and come home at 5pm.the dash charge was one thing that gave me satisfaction and no worry about charging my phone late night.camera was excellent at that time and STILL it gets the job done.on software front it is very smooth and on looks still like a new device and in my 2nd year a guy asked me is this the new OnePlus 7 ..I told him no bro it's a year old phone..I take pride that I invested in better device..on the 1st day of college of 1st year almost 30 student asked about the specs of the OnePlus 6..then you can see how much is the craze in college student in India..and STILL I love my OnePlus 6.

8. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 27, 2019

9. Ant91 Froyo Jun 27, 2019

Ant91, Jun 27, 2019 :
    At first the phone seems to be heavy but you will quickly adapt to the handling of the phone. For the time being, I have not used power bank for the phone yet, great battery life.

Schafer likes this.
  10. ishant0007 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

ishant0007, Jun 27, 2019 :
    1561669608154.jpg
    2AM photography. Thanks to Oneplus 7 pro
    Battery life is enough to get through 1.5 days.
    The battery charges pretty well on a regular 2.1A power bank outlet while gaming.
    Full screen is an awesome one but cropping the content in stretch mode, especially in YouTube, is something to resolve in the future.

Oskela, Taufiqz and Schafer like this.
  11. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Honestly same, warp charging is crazy fast! I'll charge it between classes or just in the morning

W1541683950611 and Ant91 like this.
  12. wildabhi21 Eclair Jun 27, 2019

wildabhi21, Jun 27, 2019 :
    1561670662119.jpg
    i shot this on oneplus7pro while driving scooty so handy camera interface jist double tap the power button n boom the camera opens n the speed is literally wow[e]1f60d[/e] just out from pocket n took this shot n kept it inside while driving its soo simple.[e]1f60d[/e]

13. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Nice pic! I actually have some friends that go to the University of Memphis

W1541683950611 likes this.
  14. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Great pic!

wildabhi21 likes this.
  15. ishant0007 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

ishant0007, Jun 27, 2019 :
    cool!!
    Thanks

Schafer likes this.
  16. JelleZon KitKat Jun 27, 2019

JelleZon, Jun 27, 2019 :
    awesome shot!

wildabhi21 and Schafer like this.
  17. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    I couldn't really find anything about a student/discount program for India but I did find out that there is lots of important information in the India forums and sometimes there are special offers that are given too. I hope that helps out

18. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jun 27, 2019

Schafer, Jun 27, 2019 :
    I'm sorry you feel that way, the three of us that wrote this are all students and we find the 7 Pro very beneficial for our student Life. I go to Texas Tech University, Alex goes to the University of Maryland, and Eunes goes to Wesleyan University. They did not touch this article in any way, this is our words.

jinsoku3g and alexhpeterson like this.
  19. CollyDoo74 Froyo Jun 27, 2019

CollyDoo74, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Welcome to the One + community dude. You will not be disappointed. I know I'm not!

FlixbusLennart and Schafer like this.
  20. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 27, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Thanks a ton!
    I've had the 3, 5, 6 and now the 7 Pro - I am quite familiar with the Community by now ^^
    Enjoy your day or what is left of it, depending on your location!

CollyDoo74 and Schafer like this.