Lifestyle Accessory - OnePlus Explorer Backpack review

1. Aarav Sahni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2020

Aarav Sahni , Nov 30, 2020 :
    opbag.PNG
    Hello everyone !
    In the month of March 2020, @Zach X. had organized an AMA with @Pete wherein I participated and happened to win an Explorer Backpack for having asked one of the Pete's favourite questions. Since the past 5 months I have been using the backpack as my tech as well as my trip backpack and I am pretty much impressed by it , so here I am today with a review of the same. I hope you guys like it.

The bag comes in two colour options:
    • Morandi Green
    • Slate Black
    Here have a look ----->

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Both the colours look absolutely amazing but in my personal opinion I like the Slate Black colour more as it is much more appealing to the eyes. The colour combination of red and black makes it subtle and stylish at the same time. Having talked of the colour lets go step by step into the review so that we miss no point XD.

UNBOXING

For the record the OnePlus Explorer Backpack comes packed in a large white cloth bag with the well known OnePlus logo at the centre of the bag. This cloth bag can be used to store the explorer backpack when not in use to keep it away from dirt and stains. It was very thoughtful of OnePlus for having included the cloth bag for protection.

My_Movie_1_.gif

My unboxing experience went very well as I was taken aback by the material used in making the backpack. The texture of the fabric of the backpack in hand feels very familiar, comfortable and satisfying and provides a nice grip while not compromising on the style that gives it a very premium look.

FEATURES

The feature that makes OnePlus Explorer Backpack really stand out from the rest of the backpacks in the market is its very unique MAGNETIC BUCKLE SYSTEM. I have never ever seen such a mechanism on a backpack, it has a strap and on pulling the strap the bag unlocks but as soon as you leave your backpack, it automatically locks itself with a "click" sound which is very satisfying and addictive (I unlock and lock it again and again for the sound ;p)

buckle.gif
    • There are 3 compartments and 8 pockets in total.
    • The backpack features a laptop sleeve that fits a 15 inch laptop easily
    • A waterproof compartment with a dedicated air vent for your wet items
    IMG_20201130_163030.jpg
    • A secret pocket to store your valuables
    • A trolley sleeve at the back of the backpack that helps your bag slide onto your suitcase for better portability
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    • A very effective padded mesh lining on the back which lets air pass through the interface between the back of the bag and our back helping to keep the temperature cool hence say bye bye to sweat if you are wearing the backpack for long hours without a break pheww !!
    • The adjustable padded shoulder straps make it very easy and comfortable for us to carry heavy loads on our back.
    IMG_20201130_163457_Bokeh__01.jpg

• The OnePlus Explorer backpack is designed in such a way that it gives the user a quick access to the backpack as it has a “L” shaped opening allowing us to view all the things stored in the bag at once as well reach out to pick those things up without having to remove the backpack from the shoulders.
    IMG_20201130_164738_Bokeh.jpg
    • The backpack also features rubber covering on the zips so as to provide waterproofing.
    ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
    • On one side of the backpack there is a compartment for your bottle but it is very small to be able to fit even a 500ml bottle properly, so I usually use it to keep my power bank or a very small water bottle.
    water.gif
    • Each zip in the backpack has OnePlus logo engraved on it and looks \/\/O\/\/
    IMG_20201130_170405.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Weight

Slate Black: 860 g

Morandi Green: 840 g​

Dimensions

Width: 340 mm

Depth: 130 mm

Height: 465 mm
    Material

Slate Black:

Exterior fabric: 100% Nylon(CORDURA)Lining fabric: 100% Polyester

Morandi Green:

Exterior fabric: 100% PolyesterLining fabric: 100% Polyester
    Applicable Standard

QB/T 1333-2010

Shoulder Strap

Real Dupont™Kevlar® fiber sewing linePadded & Adjustable but not Detachable

Source: OnePlus official website​

PRICE AND WHERE TO BUY ?

To sum it all up , the OnePlus Explorer Backpack is really worth the price. The durability , build quality , style , design , storage and several other factors make it an ideal backpack for a user. I highly recommend everyone to check out the backpack and let me know in the comments below what do you feel about the backpack. I am open to answering any question that crosses your mind at any point while reading the review. I hope you liked the review : )

Signing off

Sayonara

Aarav Sahni​

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020

2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2020

3. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Nov 30, 2020

camohan , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Great work.
    Reminded me of my Explorer Backpack review thread..!
    Cheers

4. A.Woodbury
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2020

G_plusone and Aarav Sahni like this.
  5. KaranRIyer

6. Aarav Sahni

Aarav Sahni , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Thank you so much yash for giving me the opportunity to make a review and I am glad you liked it 😄 , and the bag is definitely worth buying.
    Your thread was a show stopper tooo 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Thank you so much 😄 @camohan
    Cheers 🥂

Thank you 😄 and once an explorer backpack user ...always an explorer backpack user. It is the best 😍

Thanks buddy I'm glad you liked it 😄
    Your review was also a great one 😍😍😍😍

7. Bittoo06

Bittoo06 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    A very detailed review for the users who would be planning to buy this! Thanks for sharing!

8. Deactivated User
    Nov 30, 2020

9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Nov 30, 2020

10. Aarav Sahni

Aarav Sahni , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    I'm always willing to share my experiences with the community. I hope you liked it

Thankyou so much 😄 and Hehe 😂 I'm sure you have some of the special accessories too that you are hiding from us 😏

Thanks a lot ❤️😄 , are my convincing skills good enough to make you order one ? 😏😂

11. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Nov 30, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 30, 2020 :
    I got 5 backpacks that I rarely use...

But let's see what Santa brings...🎅😉

Aarav Sahni likes this.
  12. Bittoo06
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

Bittoo06 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Yeah, definitely! Keep it up! Loads of things to learn from you all!! :oops:

13. G_plusone
    Nougat Dec 1, 2020

G_plusone , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Well done @Aarav Sahni.
    Great coverage

14. Aarav Sahni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

15. ajchem
    Donut Dec 11, 2020

16. Abhishek654
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2020

17. Deactivated User
    Eclair Dec 14, 2020

Deactivated User , Dec 14, 2020 :
    Great review my brother, I have one, and frankly with all them restrictions and house confinements, I somehow forgot about it, it really is something special, cool, and useful, the only thing missing is a explorer backpack T version ;)

Take care and thanks for all the effort you've put into thia thread