Lineage OS Network problems!

1. arifholmes
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

arifholmes , Jun 5, 2017 :
    I installed latest lineage OS with nano gapps. I am facing constant network drops. Using Jio in sim 1 and airtel in sim 2. Disabled the dialer and contacts. Installed 3rd party dialer, but the problem with it is i cannot any UI when i call or somebody calls me..but i can hear them. Any suggestions to fix this?

Thank you for your answers :)

2. Saurabh_221
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2017

Saurabh_221 , Jun 5, 2017 :
    Clean flash the rom again and flash open gapps pico...! this will not cause any network drop and if by chance still persists...then try out resurrection remix with open gapps pico or bean gapps mini..!
    i can guarantee that you won't face any network issues on resurrection remix with these gapps...im using it myself and its flawless..

3. Saurabh_221

And also one more thing...use the search botton from next time or try asking your question in forum of particular roms...there you might receive more solutions..!

4. Sanketshejwal
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

Sanketshejwal , Jun 5, 2017 :
    I'm also facing Network drops. I installed lineage OS yesterday, and every time I call someone or receive a call after the call is completed the Network drops for like 5-10 seconds. anyone facing this problem?

5. arifholmes
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

already done that. No use!

tulip_bibs likes this.
  6. RJ_81
    Donut Jun 5, 2017

7. Saurabh_221

Okay then go for resurrection remix.... there is no network drop at all..! just make sure you install gapps pico or bean gapps mini..! or you could wait for paranoid android..!

8. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2017

tulip_bibs , Jun 5, 2017 :
    Nothing will solve this problem, the people saying their device works g fine are outside of India. I thinks the frequency that Indian carriers use is causing it more. And yes you can probably network drops if you use only EDGE or 3G, but if you want to use JIO you have to come back to OOS.

9. Saurabh_221

Bro im from India using dual sim jio and airtel on resurrection remix with open gapps pico...not a single network drop... it's been about 7 days and its flawless....to avoid network drop restrict jio sim to lte by going to cellular network setting and selecting preferred network type to the first that is LTE and something and since that not a single network drop..!

10. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2017

tulip_bibs , Jun 5, 2017 :
    Bro, I seriously need your help then. Please tell are you using Google dialer and hike? I seriously need another ROM, the OOS sucks but I am forced to use it. Every time I tried new ROMs I faxed network issues.

11. F_Sun_Deep_ZCJJ
    Froyo Jun 5, 2017

12. G_Fahmi_Sjafri_KLUh
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2017

G_Fahmi_Sjafri_KLUh , Jun 5, 2017 :
    I am from Malaysia. I am also face the same problem. Network drop. Already try the latest LOS & RR with nano & pico but no luck. And someone just said, by flashing OOS 3.5.8 modem could fix the network problem on custom rom. Im not tried it yet.

13. bgagan4
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

14. man sapra
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

man sapra , Jun 5, 2017 :
    give the link of official carbon rom and bean Gapps please . thank you in advance

15. arifholmes
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

Went back to Oos 3.5.8 and flashed lineage again. Used micro gapps this time. Set the jio network to lte, network drops have certainly decreased (not totally vanished) Can you tell me what is the advantage of flashing franco kernel?

16. antajo
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2017

antajo , Jun 9, 2017 :
    Try disabling google contacts... Worked for me.. In btw... Im using pico gapps.

17. Mohdnshahid
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2017

Mohdnshahid , Jun 10, 2017 :
    You got to disable one sim. I did that when I was expecting an important call. It worked fine for me.

enzoboy1986 likes this.
  18. muhsoh
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

muhsoh , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Try disable Google Contacts app, it will resolve the issue. I am also looking for a permanent solution because for everytime I need to add a contact, I have to enable the app, add contact and then disable the app.

19. azjarosz
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

azjarosz , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I think nobody can tell 100% sure that "you will not have network drops, promise". It's all just a device with some software and always something can go wrong. I was flashing clean oxygen OS like 10 or more times, and almost everytime I had a different issue. No messages in app, camera app working wrong, network drops, not working night mode or adjusting scren temperature etc. Some of us have luck, others don't. Even copying thighs you can't be sure, that everything went ok. Mobiles, as far as I know, don't support ECC. Other issues are because of your hardware. Quality controls are quite good these days. but not perfect. So some of us have a better unit, some worst. If you have troubles with something, try again to clean flash, if it doesn't work try to find a solution (using search, I'm sure someone has the same problem before) or workaround and if this didn't help either, well, you may have bad luck.

20. Lucaniukas
    Gingerbread May 28, 2018

Lucaniukas , May 28, 2018 :
    No its not truth, i have Lineage on my One Plus 2, weak overall signal, network drops on LTE, switching between LTE and 3G is terrible, sometimes i have to reboot phone to get network back. IRELAND so its not only India.