Lineage OS problems on One Plus One

1. clai04
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2019

clai04 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    I recently upgraded my OnePlus One from CM11S (I think, it was Kit Kat 4.4.4) to LineageOS 16.0 through the use of TWRP. I followed the guides online and flashed the firmware needed to prevent assert errors when flashing LineageOS and proceeded to flash LineageOS, opengapps nano and the SU addon for LineageOS. The process went well and I'm mostly happy with the results. However there are a few issues I'm having that is crippling the phone.
    Before I go into the issues I'm having, I would like to add that I did just recently change the battery to a new one. I'm almost (but not 100%) sure that I did not damage anything in the process.

So the issues I'm having:

LineageOS seems to crash on me. I'm not entirely sure what the reason is but after a random amount of time, certain functions stop working. The most notable sign of this is that my status bar changes colors. It goes from black icons to white icons. Many other things become unresponsive, the lockscreen doesn't unlock, the phone app acts wonky (it doesn't open the numpad, can't answer calls, etc) and eventually the system simply shows a black screen (though the backlight seems to stay on). For me this is the biggest issue because I have to hard restart for these problems to go away but the cycle simply repeats itself. I can't figure out the triggers either so I don't know what the cause is.

Other lesser issues I have are in regards to app notifications. There are some apps that simply don't display notifications at all anymore, or only do so when opened manually. This issue is less or a problem though no less annoying. But I would like to fix the OS crashing issue first.

These are the most notable issues I'm having. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to help then please tell me. I've been trying to look online for the past 2 or so weeks but nothing really comes up. I've even reflashed many times to try and solve the issue to no avail.

Extra info:
    LineageOS 16.0 nightly build 09-21-2019
    Gapps nano 09-20-2019

reddit post for firmware: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/7bjpi2/upgrading_a_oneplus_one_cm11s_to_latest_los/

PS. I changed the battery and then flashed to LineageOS. I know I kind of jumped the gun a bit and should have done some testing to see if there were any hardware problems using the new battery with my previous phone settings. The phone worked fine with the old battery and old OS before so that could be an issue but from what I can see it seems to be a software or configuration problem.