Community Veteran Nov 13, 2014

4. gusuraman

5. Strandroyals
    Donut Nov 13, 2014

6. gusuraman

gusuraman , Nov 13, 2014 :
    The audio part is one of my weak spots. I cannot help you in this.
    @dsmonteiro do you have any advice?

Strandroyals likes this.
  7. dahakguai
    Froyo Nov 13, 2014

dahakguai , Nov 13, 2014 :
    So I am really confused as I have stated in my previous post of how people give good impressions because it just worked out for them. I am still debating which brand of tempered glass to even choose from. There are just really too much good feedback from all of the brands it just seems like you can really pick and choose any of them. I don't really believe that but I guess I am hoping if anyone would be willing to give me a good reason to choose a particular brand. To be honest, I was really going for the Phantom Glass due to the fact that Linus from LinusTechTips made a review on it and I really enjoy his reviews/contents. There aren't really any reviews on Phantom Glass and there's no accurate basis to compare the different tempered glass brands either.

I saw a table comparison on the tempered glass but how each brands says its "8-9H+ hardness" does prove reliable when one of the companies RhinoShield from evolutivelabs stated "7H Mohs scale, some product claim to have 9H which is simply a lie." Yeah companies tend to probably over-exaggerate their products or even misled consumers of their products as mere marketing techniques.

So does anyone have any good recommendation on basis that they tried multiple brands at least? I seen the links in this thread so I have an generally idea already.

8. gusuraman

gusuraman , Nov 13, 2014 :
    To be honest the hardness of a screen protector is a parameter that i don't consider so much. Whatever the company say soon or late it will scratch. My point is that it is there to scratch or brake or whatever instead of the phone screen. when it will be too scratched (mine isn't yet) i will replace with 15€ (or less).

The reason that all products has good reviews is because tempered glass is tempered glass. So material side they are all the same.

Than there is the oleophobic coating. All screen protectors are better than OPO screen (i suspect that OP forgot the coating;)) so everybody will be pleased with a screen protector.

Touch feeling: It's glass! the worst is anyway good. At leas same as the screen.

All are glossy and reflect same as the screen.

Thickness is not a different too. The smallest is 0.2mm the biggest 0.33mm. I dare you to feel a difference of 0.13mm once applied on the screen.

Rounded edge are good but only nillkin doesn't have it and no one complain about it.

Finally the cutouts. Some user says that the front camera lose quality with screen protector. But do you really care the quality loss of the 5mpx front camera that you use just for selfie?
    The sensors are not affected by the glass.

So basically you can close your eyes and pick a brand name. The only surprise will be the aesthetics due the cutouts.

lnxpro, dahakguai and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  9. MAXXHEW
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

MAXXHEW , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Anyone have a recommendation for a handlebar bracket to use while riding a motorcycle? I would like to mount it to my handlebars for navigation/maps etc...

10. dahakguai
    Froyo Nov 14, 2014

dahakguai , Nov 14, 2014 :
    @gusuraman Yeah pretty much all that you've mentioned was pretty logical and I already knew that was the entire point of tempered glass. I guess I might have thought about it too much since they all function they same way anyway. Thanks for your feedback!

gusuraman likes this.
  11. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 14, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 14, 2014 :
    You're welcome. Let me know what you will choose.

lnxpro likes this.
  12. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 14, 2014

ronoldo , Nov 14, 2014 :
    The flip case for the OPO is excellent and a great value for the money...

13. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 14, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Do you mean the original?

lnxpro likes this.
  14. dahakguai
    Froyo Nov 15, 2014

dahakguai , Nov 15, 2014 :
    I eventually choose the Phantom Glass for how thin it was. I highly might do a review due to the fact there aren't reviews out there for Phantom Glass (like 1 on the forums and a not so great in my opinion on YouTube). Like you said, it was what I would considered to be more important for me and I choose the thinness of 0.20mm over the competing brands. Too bad I still haven't gotten a tracking on the package since this product costs around $50 (with shipping) but with lifetime warranty (not sure if there are some limitations on it but I heard that it's replaced for ANY reason).

gusuraman likes this.
  15. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 15, 2014

16. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2014

gusuraman likes this.
  17. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 16, 2014

handheld_addict likes this.
  18. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 16, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 16, 2014 :