List: Compatible cases with Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger via OnePlus Community App

1. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2021 :
    👋 I'm hoping to start a useful thread where we can list all OnePlus 9 (pro & regular) compatible cases/accessories that continue to work with the Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger.

I've been trying to find ones that will work and the only official guidance I can find (including on live chat support) is that you should use cases that are thinner than 2mm, however that feels like a 'should' rather than 'must'..

So, to save us from purchasing cases that we are disappointed with and have to send back, please list any case or accessory you own for your OnePlus 9 (state if it's the pro or regular model) and mention whether it works or doesn't work with the OP Warp 50 wireless charger 🙏

One I'm particularly interested in - the MOFT Compact Phone Stand (see link here https://www.moft.us/products/moft-x-phone-stand-wireless-charging-compatible ). Anyone tried it?

Navdeep_Malik likes this.
  2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 6, 2021 :
    The thinner the better and definitely no metal parts on the back. Even very thin ones can have a noticeable difference. I'm still waiting on the 50W charger so I'm basing this on the older 30W and on 8 Pro, but I doubt the 50W will be much different.
    Without a case will be best for speed (and heat dissipation). Personally I feel the 30W still is fast enough for the 9 Pro but am buying the 50W just to get access to the full package so to speak.

Caoimhín and AstersJr like this.
  3. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Thanks for the info! Would be great to hear what your experience is like once the Warp 50 arrives. Do you have your eyes on any cases other than the 1st Party official ones and do you expect them to work with the Warp 50?

4. Swejuggalo

I probably use one dBrand Grip case for the one I get approved for work (needs to be extra bulky and smash resistant with applied plastic screen protector), and one original sandstone for the good feeling and looks for the other one (that I won't use directly at work and where I'll probably go without that dreaded screen protector too).

Both have worked well on the 30W. dBrand was slightly slower though but nothing that annoyed me. If I really need a extra quick charge I can just as well use a cable. The wireless is more convenient than for speed in my case.

5. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2021 :
    The DBrand Grip says 2mm thick which makes sense and aligns with OP's official guidance on the Warp 50 charger so may give that a go, thanks! The other one I've signed up to receive updates on (they say coming soon) is Rhinoshield so will keep my eyes peeled. They've done good bumpers in the past, similar to DBrand I suppose.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  6. Swejuggalo

dBrand has a surprisingly sturdy feeling and a nice fit. You need some serious force to accidently even move a corner. My previous 7 Pro and 8 Pro have been bouncing on asphalt a few times. The case never moved... Like if was it was attached with super glue 😉

The fraggle likes this.
  8. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

The fraggle , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Funny you should say that......

I was literally just about to post before I saw your post. I use a couple of cases. My primary care is my karbon by oneplus but I also bought the black bumper sandstone case which has a quadlock universal might stuck on the back of it. I just put my phone in it and it still works perfectly on the 50 watt wireless charger. The universal mount pages the phone maybe 4mm away from the charger.
    For the record I also use the quadlock wireless car charger mounted to the dashboard. Hopefully thieves won't realize how much the quadlock mount and wireless charging head is worth.

Picture included.......

16178916142456697133292051587566.jpg

AstersJr likes this.
  9. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Ah thanks for the info, that's great to know. I've been shying away from anything that's 4mm or more. Do you think it's noticeably charging slower with the QuadLock universal and bumper attached?

10. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

Honestly most the time is in the karbon case but if it's helpful to you I'll hammer my phone then screenshot before charge and after charge so you can see how far it charges as they will be time stamped. Would that be helpful to you? I would honestly recommend two cases. I've for quadlock and one for everyday use.

AstersJr likes this.
  11. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 8, 2021 :
    That's kind of you but don't worry about going to that trouble :) I'm pretty keen on it anyway at this stage!

12. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

I've dropped it down to 76%. I'll let you know how it goes...... Screenshot_20210408-155229.jpg

AstersJr likes this.
  13. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

AstersJr likes this.
  14. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

Don't they charge on a lower wattage when it gets closer to being fully charged?

I hope this was all helpful for you.

AstersJr likes this.
  15. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Yeah I think they might charge slower at that point. All really interesting, thank you!!

16. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

No trouble at all. Pm me if you want any real world answers about quadlock

AstersJr likes this.