Network/Connectivity List of network carriers with no OP8 5G connection (all countries)

1. halo86
    Gingerbread May 1, 2020

halo86 , May 1, 2020 :
    Dear all,

I read several threads about 5G problems with the OP8. It looks like in several countries the phone is not supported by Oneplus / network carrier for 5G use. I would like to start a list (updated regularly) with all carriers affected. If you are having the same issue with your carrier, just write a comment below and I will update the list:

Sunrise (Switzerland)
    Swisscom (Switzerland)
    O2 (UK)
    Vodafone (Netherlands)
    O2 (Germany)
    Etisalat (UAE)
    Zain (Kuwait)
    Vodafone (Romania)
    Orange (Romania)
    Digi (Romania)
    Telenor (Norway)
    NTT Docomo (Japan)
    CMHK (Hongkong)
    3HK (Hongkong)
    CSL (Hongkong)
    1010 (Hongkong)
    Smartone (Hongkong)
    Telekom HU (Hungary)
    Digi Hungary (Hungary)
    T-Mobile US (USA, unlocked OP8 Version)

Last edited: May 29, 2020

2. Fazel.Majlessi
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

Fazel.Majlessi , May 1, 2020 :
    Thanks for setting this up, please add Etisalat in UAE to the list and I assume you will need to add Model number to the list (IN2020).

halo86 likes this.
  3. TNTq8
    Eclair May 1, 2020

G_Khalid_musaed_DaUT and halo86 like this.
  4. W1563960183811
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

halo86 likes this.

7. uae_camel
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

halo86 likes this.
  8. O1529054890612
    Eclair May 2, 2020

O1529054890612 , May 2, 2020 :
    Guys, before you start such a thread, you have to make sure that you are able to use the 5G network in your country.

If you just think that you need a 5G phone to log onto a 5G network, then you are completely wrong and have no clue what is necessary to use it.
    You either have received a brand new 5G capable Sim card from your provider with the 5G profile activated, or you have the latest 4G Sim card from 2019, with a dual profile (4G and 5G), to use your providers 5G network.
    Otherwise you are not able to log onto the 5G network of your provider.

So if the Sim hardware is ready, If the first step is a 'Yes', then the next step is to check if your provider has already activated the 5G profile for you. In some countries you have to pay a premium fee to be able to log onto the new 5G network.

Just if both points are confirmed, you can blame your Mobile Phone vendor for not beeing able to connect.

The easiest way for sure is if you would have already used a 5G phone and just flipped the Sim cards, then the fault is on OPs side.

So just don't think, because you have a 5G phone, that you can simply connect to any 5G network, that's not the case.

ray1231 likes this.
  9. ktrmc
    Eclair May 2, 2020

ktrmc , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    Telia (Norway). when I put my SIM card into a Samsung S20, 5g gets activated in the settings. on the 8 Pro only 2G, 3G and 4G is possible.

halo86 likes this.
  10. halo86
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

halo86 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    Agree. However, most people in this forum are aware of that... So the list really shows the carrier that don't support OP8 or the other way round.

E.g. Switzerland: I have perfect 5G reception with a Samsung S20 on Swisscom and Sunrise. With the OP8 I don't!!

And I'm absolutly sure that it is exactly the same with O2 in Germany and UK! Their 5G networks work perfectly fine with other phones but just not with the OP8.

Please help and post all carriers here that have problems with the OP8. Thanks for your support!

11. TNTq8
    Eclair May 2, 2020

TNTq8 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    my provider says u need contact. to oneplus because they locked 5G bands N78 I do not know what is the purpose of locked the frequencies It is really annoying and unacceptable

hany13 and halo86 like this.
  12. ch_swat_89
    Eclair May 3, 2020

ch_swat_89 , May 3, 2020 :
    I will get my Oneplus 8 Pro on Tuesday, I'm on Swisscom (with 5G Contract). Very unhappy to read the thread....
    Does it play a role which Firmware-Version is on the phone? my girlfried has IN11BA, so i will also get this Version.

If i check the us-oneplus homepage there are other bands than the de-oneplus homepage....

13. halo86
    Gingerbread May 3, 2020

halo86 , May 3, 2020 :
    According to different posts of Swisscom customers you won't even have the option to select 5G in the settings. And a 5G connection is impossible at the moment...

Your version is the European one, which is the correct one to usually get a 5G connection with Swisscom. The OP8 actually supports the right bands but neither OP nor Swisscom somehow support the device... By the way, it's the same with Sunrise.

14. jpweijden
    Eclair May 3, 2020

jpweijden , via OnePlus 8 , May 3, 2020 :
    I'm not sure if you're right. Vodafone tells me that all their Sims are ready for 5g...

pendragon and halo86 like this.
  15. halo86
    Gingerbread May 3, 2020

halo86 , May 3, 2020 :
    That's probably correct. However it looks like the network carrier as well as Oneplus need to approve/ support a specific device for 5G case which is for many carriers currently not the case...☹️

pendragon likes this.
  16. jpweijden
    Eclair May 3, 2020

jpweijden , via OnePlus 8 , May 3, 2020 :
    exactly, so I think it's a wise choice of Vodafone to start this early with 5g... by the time the official 5g network is rolling out, our devices are probably approved so we don't have to wait by then ;)

Abtin likes this.
  17. Timo2022
    Froyo May 3, 2020

18. Timo2022
    Froyo May 3, 2020

Timo2022 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    so as you can see in the screenshot in the previous post above, they ask me to "reproduce the issue" . how to reproduce something that isn't there. Do they take us seriously at all??

halo86 likes this.
  19. TNTq8
    Eclair May 3, 2020

halo86 likes this.
  20. halo86
    Gingerbread May 3, 2020

halo86 , May 3, 2020 :
    Received exactly the same instruction for my carrier Sunrise Switzerland. Good question how to reproduce it when nothing works😏 I sent them some screenshots of the carrier selection available and my current OS, afterwards I haven't heard anything...

That's the reason why I created this thread. The more carriers we can list the more increases the pressure on Oneplus!

pendragon likes this.