Listing of bugs - May help developers.

1. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen a consolidated thread of bugs that may help developers weed them out and fix them.

So maybe we can start one here. Let's not post anything beyond bugs, please no me too posts (that's what like is for) and if you already see a bug reported, let's try and avoid duplicates.

So I'll start.

4.7.4 thru 4.7.6

Bug:
    Smart Unlock

Issue:
    Upon every reboot of phone, Smart unlock page is blank. After current resolution below is applied, problem reappears after the next reboot.

Current resolution:
    1. Turn off trusted agents
    2. Reboot Phone
    3. Turn trusted agents back on
    4. Access smart lock.

Comparative:
    Does not occur in a Nexus 5X running Nougat or Oreo under same conditions.

Zackptg5 likes this.
  2. Zackptg5
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

3. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2017

Rizla , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Bugs get posted here

4. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

Thanks. I'm using the mobile app, so hard to navigate.

As for where they get reported, great. but this thread can also serve a purpose for others in terms of workarounds.

But I digress. if the mods think it's needless, delete this thread.

I do think it's easier reading a consolidated thread then a bug category that has every bug for every phone.. but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for pointing it out

Random Indian and Rizla like this.
  5. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2017

Rizla , Dec 31, 2017 :
    It would be to hard to keep track of all the bugs in this one thread. Do you see the amount of threads that get started saying this or that isn't working properly. Someone would need to maintain the thread and it would be a very big job and the mods aren't going to do it. That's why there's a dedicated feedback page that goes straight to the developers were they can look at things on an individual basis.

PS. Ditch the mobile app and use a browser the app is terrible.

6. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

that's why I had a comparative portion.

but whatever. delete the thread. it's already filled with posts that I was trying to avoid

Rizla likes this.
  7. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2017

Rizla , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Cupcakes can't even see the official Oreo mega thread that's pinned at the top of the forum mate. They don't read anything, all they do is post. It's one big mad free for all on here.

8. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

Anyways. delete this thread

9. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

Well, just went through the bug report thread... while it has potential.. it's rather useless.

1. Threads are deemed 'solved' and closed when a user finds a workaround to their issue. A workaround does not mean the bug doesn't exist.
    2. There are multiple threads on the same thing, but regardless, all they get is moved to pending. I have yet to see any of them 'acknowledged' and a developer working on a fix. But then again, I didn't read every single one.

What I would like to see is what I was trying to do here, and what I was told would be the problem here is the exact same thing over there. You have many duplicates. Duplicates should be deleted by mods. I mean.. they are the ones putting them in pending in the first place.

Oh Well.

And you're right. The full version is easier to navigate than the app.

Rizla likes this.
  10. dashjagd
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

11. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

This doesn't work 100% of the time and does not shy away from it being a bug.