Live from New York! - Meet the OnePlus team | Part 3: Cruising Comically

1. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Apr 1, 2019

Daisy K., Apr 1, 2019 :
    Forum_daisy.png

Hi friends,

Some of you may know me from my frequent guest appearances on the US subforum, some of you may know of me from my spot-on GIF usage on the @OnePlus_USA Twitter account. For everyone else, I’m Daisy K., beloved Content Strategist for OnePlus North America.

While my job has me wearing many hats and touching a lot of different projects, I think my favorite campaign to run was Crackables - completely unique experience that brought out extreme creativity and frustration from all our community members as we laughed maniacally from the sidelines.

While most of my job is online, I’d really like to reach a point in my life where I can fall entirely off the grid while sailing around the world. In high school, I joined the sailing team as a total landlubber. But immediately fell in love with the water and the feeling of flying on a 420 boat. I was only too happy to hop back on a boat during a North America team building sesh in Seattle.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.03.07 PM.png

Ever since, my husband and I have been in hot pursuit of buying a boat, sailing around somewhere that never dips below 75 degrees and working exclusively on writing my own comics. Here are some panels that I worked on a few weeks ago.
    IMG_1221.PNG

Rest assured ladies and germs, my circumnavigation probably won’t be happening until the OnePlus 15. We’ll be taking lessons by Hudson Yards starting in April so drop me a line if you want to take a OnePlus cruise around NYC later in the summer.

So, I want to know: What’s something on your bucket list that you are working toward right now?

2. jayanyway US Brand Ambassador Apr 2, 2019

jayanyway, Apr 2, 2019 :
    Paying off my credit cards is on my list. Once that's complete, my next goal is traveling a lot more. I haven't seen anything on this planet and it's about time I do so.

Kytharsis, Carltor, mattski67 and 7 others like this.
  3. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Apr 2, 2019

Ruby G., Apr 2, 2019 :
    For me, it's learning how to cook and plate food more aesthetically. I've never been picky when it comes to dishes that I make at home for myself. It was more about efficiency and nutrition.

But when I was travelling through Asia, I got to chance to eat with local families...I was very impressed by their warmth/hospitality, which was something you could really feel through the array of dishes - all prepared fresh in their homes, and not a microwave in sight. It took time and care. Meals were not just a recreational activity or chore, but a gift for your guests.

I have a long way to go and I'm not naturally gifted in this area, but I am starting to pay attention to details like textures, flavors, coloring when I make things :)

4. meatandy Oreo Apr 2, 2019

5. igorg8 Cupcake Apr 3, 2019

igorg8, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Make a OnePlus watch and give it to that skeleton
    [e]1f34e[/e]watches are [e]1f4a9[/e]

6. gaster Lollipop Moderator Apr 3, 2019

gaster, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Nice post Daisy. I really hope I can visit NYC one day and with the chance, to meet some people from OnePlus. Also to visit Mustang and see the older releases of it.

Kytharsis, G_plusone, Ruby G. and 2 others like this.
  7. 032118 Cupcake Apr 3, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  8. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Apr 3, 2019

keithnyc, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Hey daisy, greetings! Please count me ( @wissou ) in on that OP cruise around NYC this Summer...I have plenty of dramamine) !

9. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Apr 3, 2019

keithnyc, Apr 3, 2019 :
    It does.....the summertime is awesome for those cruises. So much to see and the weather is perfect to be on the water.

jayanyway and meatandy like this.
  10. jayanyway US Brand Ambassador Apr 3, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  11. wissou US Brand Ambassador Apr 3, 2019

wissou, Apr 3, 2019 :
    @keithnyc well, I am a sailing instructor so I can definitely help during the cruise!!! I was sailing in Jamaica last weekend

12. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Apr 3, 2019

Ruby G., Apr 3, 2019 :
    Ahaha seconded

13. G_plusone Marshmallow Apr 3, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  14. TiramisuNY Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2019

TiramisuNY, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Hi Daisy,
    I just completed a ASA 105 Coastal Navigation class. I need to study for the test in the coming weeks. I would love to join you on a boat ride and can help with the jib. If you are free Wednesday afternoons in the summer, there are sail boat races out in Oyster Bay, Long Island. It's gorgeous out there.

15. ouyamaster Honeycomb Apr 4, 2019

ouyamaster, Apr 4, 2019 :
    couldn't they at least use a tic watch. it is way more innovative.

Why does one plus hire so many ishill?

16. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Apr 4, 2019

Daisy K., Apr 4, 2019 :
    Major props on that goal. Let's make a deal - when you pay off your credit cards and i pay off my student, lets send pics of all the places we travel :)

So cool how many people want to come cruising. I've been sailing around San Francisco and its so crazy how big cites look from the water.

I actually used to sail out in Oyster Bay in high school! I remember that regatta distinctively because my partner and I capsized twice in bone chilling water and still managed to come in 2nd. Good luck on your test!

keithnyc and TiramisuNY like this.
  17. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 5, 2019

luigimario, Apr 5, 2019 :
    Hey Ruby, I have the perfect solution for you :D

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Cookbook-Easy-Recipes-Pokemon/dp/1421589893

keithnyc and Ruby G. like this.
  18. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Apr 5, 2019

keithnyc likes this.
  19. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 5, 2019

luigimario, Apr 5, 2019 :
    Fire up that Amazon account! :p

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Apr 5, 2019

keithnyc, Apr 5, 2019 :
    Ruby, it's all about fresh ingredients and then plating it so it looks clean and bright. In the Summer, you want to see lots of color, and taste all the fresh ingredients. And almost anything with fresh fruit added will change the entire taste and appearance. I promise we will do a Sunday brunch with the Andster this Summer.... @wissou Dude, bring the Mrs and we can cook up something at my place....

wissou and Ruby G. like this.