Live from New York! - Meet the OnePlus team | Part 4: Teacher of all things OnePlus

1. Kameron S National Training Manager Staff Member Jul 10, 2019

Kameron S, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 5.54.10 PM.png

Hi friends,

You may have seen me lurking around the forums from time to time. My name is Kameron Smith and I have the best job at OnePlus (haters, come fight me!) I am the National Training Manager. My focus has been mainly on T-Mobile and ensuring that we give them the right product information and we continue to cultivate the right customers for us and the Community.

My favorite achievement to date in this role has been attaining a 95% completion rate of OnePlus 6T training from 50K+ T-Mobile employees in 3 days! And then being able to get that same rate of completion for the OnePlus 7 Pro. Previous to OnePlus, I worked at Amazon and Apple, and while they gave me satisfaction, I never got to see numbers like that. I love contributing to something and seeing it so tangibly make an effect.

IMG_0211.JPG

While I love teaching, training, and writing content, I love to learn! I can often be found learning more about personalities, self-improvement, and human behavior. If you were to ask me about Myers-Briggs (I’m an ENFP), I’d tell you where we’re in sync and where we aren’t. If you were to ask me about Enneagram (I’m a 4w3), we could discuss the complexity of human behavior and nature of progression/regression. If we were to talk about Love Languages (Quality Time FTW), we could discuss the ways you can engage in meaningful relationships. When you get to know me I’m rarely the type of person to say, “I’m right. You’re wrong.” I believe there are so many views, upbringings, and challenges that bring us to our understanding of the world.

In the self-improvement realm I love the teachings of Dr. Brené Brown. For a number of years I have followed her and believe what she has researched about human behavior is spot on. Learning to be vulnerable and see ourselves how we are leads to better decisions and stronger empathy toward others.

IMG_0036.jpg

My other interests include exercise/health, Netflix/TV, Podcasts, and music. Currently, I’m listening to Crime Junkie, an amazing podcast that covers a variety of True Crime stories. It’s interesting to me how people can make such terrible decisions, what leads to them, and how law enforcement gets justice.

Seattle is where I live now, I have been here nearly 2.5 years, prior to here I’ve lived in Portland (Oregon), Dallas, and Salt Lake City. We’ll see where I ultimately end up, but currently I’m happy here with my partner, Jason, and my dog, Cody. I’m on my journey to Never Settle and excited to help others as well :D

IMG_9128.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg

2. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

superplus, Jul 11, 2019 :
    @U1559877986696, @D1562838640320, @Z1561872326634 Welcome to the forums, please have a look at the Terms & Rules and make sure your post is on-topic to the thread you're replying to (Rule 1.3), or try to search for an appropriate thread instead. As the welcome message you should have received from @Una will have mentioned too (check https://forums.oneplus.com/conversations in a (mobile) browser, if you haven't found it yet - it contains loads of useful stuff about how these OnePlus Community forums work).
    You can edit your profile details to actually have a more easily pronounceable username if you like. Since you're new to the forums, you can also fire away questions in Starting Point for the time being, if you're struggling to find your way around the forums, though for most of you it sounds like the OnePlus 7 Pro subforums (start by having a look in https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/OnePlus7Series/) are the place for you to check out.
    If any of you would like to introduce yourself to the community, you can do so here: https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/introduce-yourself/
    Again, please note that these are forums for OnePlus users and enthusiasts to interact with each other and discuss a range of topics. This can involve giving advise when you are unsure about how things work, but should you face any actual issues with your device (hardware failures for instance), which are for actual Customer Support, you can find them here: https://www.oneplus.com/support

@Kameron S has actually typed a nice little intro thread about himself, and it didn't mention that he's in the business of customer support, so it might be nice if he got some on-topic replies to his post, so I'll remove your posts as off-topic. Most of them have been already resolved anyway it seems, as for @Z1561872326634 do you mean the notification/ring volume or the media/playback volume? If it's the former, you might want to read up on how the notification slider works on OnePlus devices.

As for those who've tried to give you answers so far, thanks @Clean_, @srika2512 and @B_Wrath

Off-topic posts removed from thread.

3. Mr. BG Marshmallow Jul 11, 2019

Mr. BG, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Nah... :D

Saliou, buntycubal and theshinybeast like this.
  4. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Jul 12, 2019

keithnyc, Jul 12, 2019 :
    @Kameron S ... nice post (and great picture of you and Reggie). You rock. Thank you for everything you've done for OnePlus, the Band Ambassador program and helping introduce OnePlus to a broader US market partnering with TMobile.
    PS: cute dog...

5. Nipin Kumar Roy Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

Nipin Kumar Roy, Jul 12, 2019 :
    nice

Saliou and buntycubal like this.
  6. G_plusone Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

G_plusone, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Nice little intro about work and personal life

Saliou, buntycubal and superplus like this.
  7. Saliou Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2019

8. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  9. moses0563 Gingerbread Jul 14, 2019 at 8:01 AM

10. karimjisr Donut Jul 14, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  11. R1560026838095 Donut Jul 18, 2019 at 3:43 AM

R1560026838095, Jul 18, 2019 at 3:43 AM :
    the should have it, I got mine from T-Mobile cuz I didn't want to wait for it to ship from the OnePlus store

12. Texasaggie1 US Brand Ambassador Jul 19, 2019 at 6:14 AM